Brisbane Airport

Brisbane Airport customer review

Once again typical Brisbane experience always OK leaving but coming back expect long lines at customs then waiting for bags then even longer lines for bag searches. Duty free is no longer Duty free at Australian airports. Overall experience is bad.

Brisbane Airport customer review

The airport is clean and easy to use both international and domestic and has basically what you need to get you on or off your flight without to much hassle.

(New Zealand)

Very disappointed by airport staff especially security in departures. Brisbane is a clean friendly city and unfortunately the airport does not show this is any way. After travelling Portland-San Francisco-LAX-BNE and faced with a 13 hour transit I was stuck at the airport. With advice to clear customs I was gladly directed to facilities by information staff. As there is nothing landslide I decided to go airside and find somewhere to relax. I came down the elevators and was abruptly pulled aside to weigh my bag. This women was intimidating and rude by all accounts ripped the bag out of my hand and pushed me towards the lifts and told to check it in. I was unable to explain I was carrying medication which was exempt. After explaining I had medication that had been cleared along with the relevant paperwork I was told I was a liar. Also no Gluten free options for food and nowhere for travelers with long transits to go. Brisbane deserves some staff training and a little bit of the Brisbane culture!

Brisbane Airport customer review

On arrival from LAX flight lining up for customs was a bit of a shambles - there needs to be more visible staff questioning and directing people to the appropriate lines. Customs staff were friendly however and the process took about 45 mins to get through. There were 4 international flights arriving at the same time so the wait was fine. At the Virgin/Qantas ground floor domestic transfer desks - the baggage travelator had stopped and we had to take all our bags with us on either the T bus (operated by Qantas) or TAXI to the domestic terminal. This was not the airlines fault but Brisbane Airport's. Toilet facilities in domestic airport near food court were outdated - sinks and seats clean but floor tiles grubby. International offers lots of shops - prices similar to other INT terminals and is bright and light.

(Sweden)

We flew in and out of Brisbane Domestic Airport this week. Arrivals was fine but I think it is a ridiculous scam to charge $4.00 to use a trolley. (I have never seen this in any airports I have travelled in.) Coming back the terminal temperature was very hot which I guess is to make people thirsty and need the food outlets to pay for drinks. Toilets were clean and tidy and there was plenty of space and seating.

Brisbane Airport customer review

For domestic flights this airport is fine but everything falls apart if you need to connect from domestic-international or international-domestic. I don't understand why they built the international terminal so far from domestic. You have to wait for the T-bus. Some passengers get a free ride and others get charged $5. I had a 1 hour 45 minute connection from domestic to international and my checked luggage didn't make it to the international flight. On return there were three incoming international flights and only 4 immigration desks open for non- Australians (the majority of passengers). There are plenty of desks but most were closed. Having waited for 30 minutes to get through immigration the luggage still hadn't arrived. It took me another 20 minutes to get through customs and I didn't even have my bags searched! Qantas have the dumbest system going. Even though your bags are checked through to your final destination and you have a boarding pass you have to check in again at the domestic transfer desk. If you don't get there an hour departure you won't make your flight. It's chaotic. I spoke to an agent and was allowed to jump the queue but it just doesn't make sense. If you have a tight connection take a taxi to the domestic terminal where you can check your bags 30 minutes before departure.

Brisbane Airport customer review

Clean airport heaps of seating airside but shopping is rubbish. Never had a problem leaving BNE just coming back is always a horrible experience waiting for ever for bags then a shambolic assembly while security insist on searching all bags and not xraying them. Almost 2 hours from exiting plane to walking out of the airport.

Brisbane Airport customer review

Despite recent renovations the International Terminal has very few shops is overpriced on everything and the seating provided is spartan and uncomfortable. The jet ways and air-stairs are 'dated' and lack any modern decor. I feel for international visitors who are confronted with this and what their first impressions of Australia must be. The new passport chip system is poorly set up and confusing to travellers as to what their obligations are for getting through Customs.

Brisbane Airport customer review

Very disappointed by BNE given that Brisbane was the nicest friendliest cleanest and most modern city I visited in Oz (which covers all of them except Perth). The airport on the other hand is a bit shambolic with poor organization and surly staff both behind the counters and in security. Case in point: I politely asked for a manual inspection of my film since past experience has taught me that all it takes is one mis-calibrated machine to destroy weeks of photography. The response was hostile and wound up with several security people lecturing me about acting suspicious not reading the sign that said it was safe telling me my film case would protect them from radiation anyways and then finally putting it through the x-ray machine just to prove this (and not even apologizing when doing so revealed that the film case was NOT radiation-proof)! Shopping and food options are very limited and some gate areas have plenty of space while others overflow into narrow passageways blocking traffic. Briz definitely deserves a better terminal - and much better staff!

Brisbane Airport customer review

Clean plenty off seating which you need as there is nothing to do after you have had your $7 beer and $20 pizza. It feels more like a satellite airport in comparison to other airports. I agree that customs/security can be an absolute shambles when it is busy and what is the point of putting travelators in when they only go for 100 meters in a 1 km long terminal?