WOW air

"Very disappointing airline"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Delhi via Reykjavik. Very disappointing airline. They nickel and dime you for everything. Checked in Baggage: $175. Carry-on bag: $75. Water on flight: $3. Snacks: $5-8. Meals: $12-18. Cocktails: $8-12. In flight movies: None. In flight WiFi: None In my attempt to find the best fare from SF to Delhi and back, I found a fare of $1200 via Kiwi.com. But get this. I had to change my flight dates after booking, and Kiwi.com charged me $400 for that. Plus all these charges by Wow, and a ridiculously winding itinerary, my trip has now cost me $2400. Such a lousy experience. A big rip-off. WowAir and Kiwi.com - 2 thumbs down!
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi via Reykjavik
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"I never got paid"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Montreal via Keflavik. I got approved for about 350$ of baggage damaged (request number 538729). The issue is that I never got paid and since then I am not getting responses from the baggage team. I am not sure if that is the way WOW air operate or a huge lack of customer support response.
RouteBrussels to Montreal via Keflavik
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"non-serious flight company"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Reykjavik. WOW air asked him to pay an abusive price for his hand luggage (90 euros). The hand baggage had the appropriate size and less than 10kg. I wrote several times to the company and they dont give me a satisfactory answer. The same day my son took a flight with Norwegian and nobody asked him to pay any fee for his hand lugagge. This is an abusive attitude from an non-serious flight company.
RouteCopenhagen to Reykjavik
Date FlownDecember 2018

"don't care about their clients"

Not Verified | Toronto to Milan via Keflavik. WOW has the worst customer service ever seen. I was supposed to leave from Milan to go to Toronto on January 9th, and my flight was canceled. I called WOW in order to switch to another flight, and I had to check the flights myself because the person who was supposed to help me just wanted to refund me instead of finding another flight, or send me to Montreal, which is 600 km away from Toronto. When I asked what I was supposed to do to go from Montreal to Toronto, she said: find another flight. Since I insisted a lot, they found (or better, I found) a flight on January 4th. I was supposed to leave on January 4th to go from Milan to Toronto: the plane was supposed to leave at 9.30 am, ad it was delayed at 8.30 pm. I called WOW in order to understand when my next flight (from Iceland to Toronto) would be, and none was able to tell me for sure what would have happened: they insisted that I would go to Iceland first and then understand from there. I bought another flight. So, don't fly with WOW, when something happens they are just not able to help you in any way, they do not communicate well and they don't care about their clients.
RouteToronto to Milan via Keflavik

"super garbage airline"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Delhi via Keflavik. Horrible don't buy and save your time. I bought this flight since it was at a decent price. The flight departed 2 hours late all the passenger were carried to aircraft by bus. You can only carry hand bag 12kg and 1 check in 20kg. Aircraft was so small dont even have charging plugs. Keflavik airport is so small you wont find any US based charging slots the USB ports dont work. You need to pay for everything even a for water, everything i eat i had to pay. They canceled my return flight that was on 14 and asked me to call them. I called them and managed to get it on 13th then few days later they sent me another email that they have cancelled the 13th flight as well and refunded me that half of the ticket as WOW air dont have any flight running for the whole month. WOW air is super garbage airline.
RouteToronto to Delhi via Keflavik
Date FlownDecember 2018

"a horrible first impression"

Trip Verified | On December 29th 2018 a friend and I were flying from Newark to Keflavík. We didn't hear the calls to board and lost track of time while we were eating, we admit fault to this. When we realized our flight was boarding, we ran to the gate. They representatives at the gate were the nastiest I've ever seen. They were talking to us like we were stupid for an honest mistake. They were making us feel so bad, telling us how everyone was waiting for us (which clearly we felt bad about enough) and how selfish we were, even threatening to not let us get on the flight when I snapped back at one of them. First of all, we knew we messed up. But as a customer service representative, it isn't your job to scold us like we're children. It was a horrible first impression of the airline.
RouteNewark to Keflavík

"Worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Toronto to Munich via Keflavik. Absolutely terrible. They sigificantly overbooked the flight. More importantly, they offered no information about options except a phone number that put you on hold for 30 minutes. After finally getting through, you are speaking with a call centre in India that had no information about the flight. Customer experience was all downhill from there. Worst experience ever. I will never fly with them again. One star is too many for a flight that never happened.
RouteToronto to Munich via Keflavik
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Do not fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Baltimore to Paris via Keflavik. Do not fly with this airline! They categorically refuse to honor claims, even when the delay (and mine ended up being 30 hours, because of the infrequency of their flights!) is due to their maintenance issue. Not to mention by the time they finish nickle-and-diming you, you could have flown in comfort with amenities on a "regular" airline. Shudder. Terrible experience. I'm not giving a "0" because I did, after all, arrive safely.
RouteBaltimore to Paris via Keflavik
Date FlownOctober 2018

"an unpleasant experience"

Not Verified | Toronto to Copenhagen via Reykjavik. I recently flew with Wow and had an unpleasant experience. I booked for a big seat and they cancelled one of the legs for the return journey where they replaced the big seats with normal seats. They overbook the route and just say "sorry for the inconvenience". They refunded ~$32 as part of the whole inconvenience caused. This is totally unacceptable. Please be cautious when choosing WOW air.
RouteToronto to Copenhagen via Reykjavik
Date FlownDecember 2018

"I do not recommend WOW."

Trip Verified | This is my first time with WOW, when I saw the $500 fare I checked out reviews and thought it looked fine. I don’t mind no meal on a flight, not really a fan of airplane food anyway. I thought the connection seemed tight but it was what WOW advertised. So the flight out of Chicago was delayed. No reason was shared, no real info, it was just delayed by about 2 hours but the flight crew announced over the speaker on the plane. “They will hold your connections for you and we will make up time in the air”. Well that was a lie, don’t announce things that aren’t true. So once we got inside the airport multiple connecting flights were missed so there was a line 30-40 people long with 1 only, 1 WOW employee giving directions. Really WOW, you couldn’t do anything to assist all the passengers at that point? So after waiting 20-30 minutes in the line the lady tells me follow the arrivals signs and an agent will be waiting to direct you. Was there an agent, absolutely not. But I did find about 7 other passengers who were on the same connecting flight all wondering around lost wondering what was going on. We were able to piece together some info a few of us received different emails from WOW giving different info. By sharing with each other we realized we could book an airport hotel and they rebooked us on flights the next day. But not one of us had complete info and only by talking to each other could we piece this together. Finally after over an hour someone who worked at the airport, not WOW, got someone from WOW to speak to us and get a bus to take us to the hotel. We were told be ready for a bus to arrive by 3.30am in the morning to take us to the airport. Was there a bus nope, no bus. There were way more WOW stranded passengers at the hotel who arrived after us. The hotel called their shuttle service to come at 4am and take a huge bus full of all the passengers WOW stranded in Iceland and then again at the hotel. Huge thanks to Airport B&B. Now the rebooked flight is delayed, by how much who knows. Will we ever get to Berlin, who knows. Zero trust in WOW and not booking with them again, oh and that $500 fare ended up being $775 with seats and carry-on luggage. So if you care about getting to your destination in a timely manor and communication when things go wrong, I do not recommend WOW.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy