WOW air

"Do not use this airline"

Trip Verified | Newark to Dublin via Reykjavik. They hook you with cheap fare. Average size carry on luggage 70USD each way. No free meals, no screens but they will charge you for use of a tablet. No free tea or coffee. $3.25 per cup. If you think that purchasing a ticket will save you money you are wrong. Everybody complained about the cost of a bag ($150 round trip). Never before have I traveled with people who were openly critical of the airline before take off. Seats were not comfortable. We ate nothing, drank nothing, watched nothing, listened to nothing, no internet. Be prepared to pay far more than expected. Do not use this airline.
RouteNewark to Dublin via Reykjavik
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"continued to ignore our complaints"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Barcelona via Keflavik. We never did get to fly with this airline but seeing other reviews of the actual flights, glad we didn't. Our horror story is all about their customer service and flight cancellation process. We had flights to Barcelona and discovered after we called them to look at extending a layover, that they were in the process of reviewing the flight and it likely wasn't going to fly. We were misinformed on multiple occasions about how we could seek compensation for the additional cost of another flight this late in the game. Long story short, they have continued to ignore our complaints (both written and over the phone) and have yet to compensate us as they should. Will never recommend WOW air to anyone.
RouteToronto to Barcelona via Keflavik

"awful check in process"

Trip Verified | Baltimore to Keflavik. Absolute awful check in process. Only had one check in agent to check in over 50 people. If you do book, you must give yourselves two hours just to check in. The customer service at the check in desk was awful and unhelpful, in no rush to accommodate passengers.
RouteBaltimore to Keflavik
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"our flight got cancelled"

Not Verified | Orlando to Amsterdam via Reykjavik. Like many people here, we booked several months in advanced and our flight got cancelled few weeks before departure. Without any reason. Wow Air offered an alternative; flying two weeks later or fly from New York rather than Orlando. Both weren't realistic and the customer services agent agreed. We had our hotels, rental car, events, etc. already booked. Since it was in the beginning of January, it cost us an additional 600 euro to fly home with another airline. Hours later than we originally planned.
RouteOrlando to Amsterdam via Reykjavik

"license to be rude"

Trip Verified | Boston to Keflavik. Horrible airline! Really WOW - wow the worst ever! Their personal act like they’ve got license to be rude. First and last time I’m flying Wow Air. For the international flight they charged me $70 for a small carry-on!
RouteBoston to Keflavik

"I was blindsided"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to San Francisco via Reykjavik. Never again!! I was blindsided by the seemingly cheap fares. Turns out, it wasn't cheap at all, because I needed to pay for luggage, seats and what not. What frustrated me the most was that my partner's luggage did not arrive in San Francisco. We were without his suitcase for 10 out of 13 days on our vacation. Back home, we filed a request and Wow aiR granted us a compensation (which they are bound to do by law!!) and said that processing the payment would take between 10-12 weeks. Very irritating, how can making a money transfer take up to 12 weeks? Now, after 4 months, the money has not been transferred. Wow air does not answer our mails and the hotline employees keep putting me off. What a scam! Do not book a flight with this airline, it is most likely going into insolvency, seeing as they're withholding money and cancelling destinations altogether.
RouteAmsterdam to San Francisco via Reykjavik
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"I was given a normal seat"

Trip Verified | I booked a seat with extra feet space (between Reykjavik and Chicago with WOW air) because I have knee problems and paid 43 USD extra for the seat, but I was given a normal seat. When I asked for my seat I was told that this was the seat I booked which was totally wrong.
RouteFrankfurt to Reykjavik via Chicago

"licence to be rude"

Trip Verified | Baltimore to Reykjavik. WOW has the worst customer service ever seen. This goes across the board from ground agents to the flight attendants. Our flight crew was terrible from Baltimore to Reykjavik. When we board the plane no one was greeting the passengers. During the flight upsell stuff was the only goal of the crew. They barely answered simple questions and when they answered they were plain rude. In Reykjavik during my return the ground crew were so rude I really could not believe it. I understand the company rules and being a discounted airline, but I cannot accept people being rude to a paying customer. Being discounted airline seems like gave these people licence to be rude. Take it or leave it is the attitude! Pay more fly respectfully.
RouteBaltimore to Reykjavik
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Airline is a complete shambles"

Trip Verified | Boston to Dublin via Keflavik. Airline is a complete shambles. Sold me a $50 seat after loads of emails they refused £30.99 tho it cost me £42.15. Apparently this is not their problem. I’d recommend paying extra to fly with a respectable airline.
RouteBoston to Dublin via Keflavik

"Very disappointing airline"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Delhi via Reykjavik. Very disappointing airline. They nickel and dime you for everything. Checked in Baggage: $175. Carry-on bag: $75. Water on flight: $3. Snacks: $5-8. Meals: $12-18. Cocktails: $8-12. In flight movies: None. In flight WiFi: None In my attempt to find the best fare from SF to Delhi and back, I found a fare of $1200 via Kiwi.com. But get this. I had to change my flight dates after booking, and Kiwi.com charged me $400 for that. Plus all these charges by Wow, and a ridiculously winding itinerary, my trip has now cost me $2400. Such a lousy experience. A big rip-off. WowAir and Kiwi.com - 2 thumbs down!
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi via Reykjavik