WOW air

"not honour seating selection"

Trip Verified | Baltimore to Gatwick via Keflavik. Be aware, if you choose to book premium seating and change your flight, after paying the penalty fee for changing flights, WOW air will not honour your previous seating selection, even if it was prepaid on your previous booking.
RouteBaltimore to Gatwick via Keflavik

"very unpleasant experience"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Berlin via Keflavik. I had a very unpleasant experience with WOW air. They first decided to change the aircraft type on the route from LAX to KEF which resulted in us having to land to refuel in Canada (+1 hour to a 9-hour flight). Then our prolonged flight got they delayed by another hour, and finally placed me into an aisle seat next to the lavatory in the very back of the cabin even though I paid for the reservation of a window seat in the first 10 rows. They also refused to refund me the seat selection price even though I effectively got placed to a random seat (which is their default free option). In addition to this, the ground staff and their call center specialists are rude and unhelpful and there is no entertainment of any sort even on the long-haul flights.
RouteLos Angeles to Berlin via Keflavik
Date FlownDecember 2018

"made the stupidest mistake"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Copenhagen via Reykjavik. I’ve made the stupidest mistake of booking with Wow for the second time - first time I booked, made a mistake, called 1 minute later and even though i just wanted to change the flight to another wow air flight, I had to purchase an entirely new ticket. This time, I’m supposed to fly on the 20th December with a two hour layover in Reykjavik. I get a text 3 days before my flight saying that they’ve had unforeseen circumstances and that i’m going to fly on the 19th of December instead. This means that i will have 16 hours of layover instead. I can see that there is a flight from Reykjavik to Copenhagen on the 20th of December that would allow me fewer hours of layover but because my flight is from Lax to Copenhagen, with a layover in Reykjavik, they cant just change my second flight to reduce my layover. It is absolutely insane how inflexible the customer service for this airline is. Oh and you thought that i would get some type of compensation for this inconvenience? $0. Actually i have to pay for this mistake because i am missing an extra day of work.
RouteLos Angeles to Copenhagen via Reykjavik

"the worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Rekjavik to Amsterdam. This is the worst airline ever. The flight was delayed over an hour on the way to Iceland which made us super late to our appointment on the island. I forgot to take my travel sickness tablet and the flight attendants refused to give me water and asked me to pay for it when the flight took off. Luckily the person sitting next to me offered to give me water. On the way home there was only a 20 minute delay however baggage claim took over an hour to get which made us miss our next flight. We were not able to check in our luggage for our next flight as we had 30 minutes left and the flight was already boarding passengers. Because of this we had to book a new flight to get back home. We were stranded at the airport.
RouteRekjavik to Amsterdam

"no respect for nothing"

Trip Verified | Paris to Montreal via Keflavik. I had never ever seen an airline like this. It’s been 7 months that I’ve been waiting for my 900$ compensation for a cancelled flight. I was stuck in Iceland for 24h. They keep telling me the payment is in process, but they are never paying me. It’s in process since 5 months. No respect for the aerial transporters european laws, no respect for the clients, no respect for nothing! Never book a flight with them.
RouteParis to Montreal via Keflavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"WOW air is the worst of all"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Delhi via Reykjavík. I fly regularly every 6 months and tried many airlines but WOW air is the worst of all. When you look online the price would be very low and when you go to booking they keep adding price for seats and baggage (I had to pay $113 for 12kg check in luggage and $65 for carry on luggage). In the end it cost me as much as any other airlines. And you have to buy food and even water and no entertainment on 10 hour long flight. It was raining in Keflavik airport and they took us to the plane in a bus and we have to walk and climb the stairs in rain and cold. I would never recommend this airline to anyone. You think it is cheap and yes it is very cheap airline,s but at the price of any good airlines.
RouteToronto to Delhi via Reykjavík
Date FlownDecember 2018

"much better than I expected"

Trip Verified | Pittsburgh to Paris via Keflavik. The flight was much better than I expected. My original flight got cancelled, but I was given the chance to be reimbursed or to select another flight (this was about 2 ~ 3 weeks before the departure date), I chose to travel on a different date, and all was fine. The seats were ok, not smaller than usual now-a-days and also not uncomfortable. I was well aware that everything was paid for, so I brought food and water onboard, which is what I usually do anyway. I had a checked in suitcase, a carry-on backpack and a plastic bag for my snacks, I had no problem whatsoever with these. The flight to Paris was delayed by about half an hour, which they claimed was because we were to wait for passengers from another delayed flight. I can’t complain, I would have liked them to do this for me as well, if I were in their position. Overall, I think the airline is good. It is very cheap, and you get what you paid for. I understand many people complaining and I am sorry that they had such bad experiences, but to be fair, I’ve also experienced some terrible things from more expensive airlines as well.
RoutePittsburgh to Paris via Keflavik
Date FlownDecember 2018

"worst airline in the world"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Frankfurt via Keflavik. This is the worst airline in the world. Plane was late 5 hrs. Give you 5$ for food at the airport for a 9hr flight. From five hours turned out to be one day in Reykjavik due to cancellation of the flight,no food or water provided. For hot water they wanted to charge me. After the one day delay, the next plane arrived 11hr late at the destination. I missed my flight. They said they can do nothing about it- "sorry have a great flight" . Had to spent another 300 Euro to buy ticket for the missed flight myself and find my own accommodation in Germany. After placing complaint online - automatic response. On the second flight to my destination from Reykjavik they charged me 70 euro. I have no CC so they told me I have to come up with exact cash, cause they dont have change. I had to run around the Airport to see if some place would give me change Otherwise I am not allowed on the plane. The lady who sold me the ticket, before me getting on the plane - asked me if I paid for the ticket. If you need anything you gotta call India - customer service cause WOW doesn't have headquarters anywhere not even in Iceland. When you call they tell you - I'm sorry we have to follow the rules you can place a complaint.
RouteLos Angeles to Frankfurt via Keflavik
Date FlownDecember 2018

"fight to get my money back"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Frankfurt via Keflavik. We have a big delay from more then 2 hours. I miss my connection flight to Frankfurt. Wow air not give us any food or even a water. The put us in an old hotel. No information and only “you can open a claim to us” in the service hotline. I spend more the 50$ only for phone calls to wow. Don’t book this airline. I booked ana xxl seat and get downgrade to row 29 and must now fight with Wow air to get my money back.
RouteChicago to Frankfurt via Keflavik
Date FlownDecember 2018

"flight conditions are unacceptable"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Los Angeles via Reykyavik. It's a pity that there is no option to give you zero stars because the flight conditions are fully unacceptable. You cannot perform 9 hour flight from Reykjavik to Los Angeles without offering your passengers even one cup of free water. Your name meets well to your passengers experience. What if the credit card is not working and I don't have cash with me? I can understand that prices are sometimes cheaper than competitors, but passengers have to be informed about this condition before the flight. It was my first and last flight with wow air.
RouteFrankfurt to Los Angeles via Reykyavik