Volotea

"a second very pleasant experience"

(Slovenia)

Trip Verified | This was our second time flying with Volotea and a second very pleasant experience for the whole family, from the start of the booking process until our return home. I myself fly quite frequently and I find Volotea among one of the best airlines that I have flown with so far, booking of flights is done fast, the price is clear and there are no hidden costs or unnecessary extra charges. The process before the flight is very user-friendly. This time we also had some questions about luggage policy (just needed a confirmation that every passenger can have his own suitcase) and I sent an inquiry to their Client team and got an answer within the promised 3-days period. As for our departing and returning flight - whole process (check-in of passengers and luggage, boarding) went smoothly and what I liked the most was that the flights were punctual by their departures (no delays, which is a very positive surprise lately) and the arrivals to both destinations were also even ahead of schedule! Another example of good practice that Volotea uses and that I find very useful is by deboarding when they invite passengers to stay seated and only to leave their seats and the plane progressively (usually when a plane lands, all passengers stand up and then wait crowded for dismemberment, by Volotea, flight attendants announced in advance that passengers should stay in their seats, and then - when everything was ready (hand luggage, connection to the terminal established or stairs and buses outside ready) - they called four rows in a row to disembark and by that avoid unnecessary crowding.
RouteVenice to Olbia
Date FlownNovember 2022

Volotea customer review

Not Verified | Not as bad as I was dreading. Booked ‘priority boarding’ and the whole package and it was a bit weird that they came out, quickly served us a Kit-Kat and a packet of almonds and then disappeared without a glance at anyone else. Despite the strenuous written restrictions on baggage dimensions and weight, which I had been very cautious about, everyone else appeared to be on the Silk Road and were all bringing the contents of a small store on board. However, as it was, on this occasion, a fairly innocuous experience. Very much could do without having to download the app or print out boarding passes (who can print when on the road, seriously), or pay an extra 30 euros per person for the privilege of having them go through the onerous business – all that stuff and the moveable feast that is the baggage restriction really leave a bad taste. The organisation’s principles seemed both grasping and chaotic, but the implementation fairly smooth. Would neither recommend nor particularly caution against.
RouteVenice to Naples
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"charged $60 for late check in"

Trip Verified | Horrible airline. We were unable to check in due to our phones not working in Athens (not uncommon if you are not from there) so we got to the airport over three hours before our flight. Volotea has a strict policy that you have to check in two hours prior so we made sure to get there well in advance. Well no employee from Volotea showed up to the airport to work the counter until an hour and a half before the flight. We were charged $60 for late check in. The employee at the airport apologized and told us to email Volotea for a refund. Of course now they are refusing to process any type of refund. Very unfair. Horrible customer service. Not worth the “cheap” tickets
RouteAthens to Santorini
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Beware of Volotea and Trip.com"

Trip Verified | Booked roundtrip airfare Athens to Santorini on Trip.com. To Santorini On Volotea Airlines, same day return on Agean Sir. Arrived at Volotea counter at 4:00 am for our 6:00 am flight. The agent arrived at 4:12 am. Collected our passports (3), and ticket confirmation provided by Trip.com checked her computer then said we must pay $30.00 each total $90.00 to fly because we did not check in online. When we said we were not told we must check in online she said that Trip.com should have told us and to call them though we did not have international phone or Internet (US residents). I said I would do the online check in having accessed airport Internet. She said it was too late at 4:25 am to complete it, it was “closed” because it had to be done at least 3 hours before flight. When I asked for a supervisor she said no, then suddenly her English was not so good. In addition to the $258.00 already paid for the round trip fare, we had prepaid an excursion for an additional $300.00. We were forced to pay the additional $90.00 or lose $550.00. On our return from Santorini airport I asked the Airport agent if we had to pay an additional fee for our return to Athens (on Agean). She looked at our printed ticket information and with a knowing look snd said “no, that’s only them, you won’t have any problems”, and I didn’t. Beware of Volotea and Trip.com who when I called and explained the situation said it was the buyer’s responsibility to go to the airline site and find out their rules. There is no such statement on their site and the agent could not provide anything in writing to that effect. Horrible people, both.
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2022

"a 30 Euro voucher to say my flight was great"

Trip Verified | Volotea is offering me a 30 Euro voucher to say my flight was great. It was a great flight. I do find their website very confusing because wasn't sure that kind of membership I had to pay for or what it would get me. I would fly with them again.
RouteNice to Caen

Volotea customer review

Trip Verified | It was my first time travelling with Volotea, the best airline that I have travelled with. Every step of the checking process went smoothly, the staff was very professional and kind. The boarding was fast and organized, and the flight attendants were very skilled. We arrived at our destination several minutes before the expected arrival time. I definitely recommend it.
RouteAlger to Bordeaux
Date FlownOctober 2022

"30 euro to check you in"

Trip Verified | Don’t be fooled by Volotea’s low prices. They stick it to you at the check in counter: 30 euro to check you in, 50 euro to check in one piece of luggage. Having purchased priority boarding, at Mykonos airport, we were checked in at the gate first only to then wait on the tarmac with all other passengers for 15 minutes. Felt like a herd.
RouteMykonos to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2022

"I recommend this company"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I decided to subscribe to the Megavolotea program for its discounts and facilities. I usually travel to Seville for visiting my family, And Volotea has direct flight from Bilbao to Seville. The cabin crew and ground staff are very friendly and very helpful. Being a Megavolotea they offer you the possibility of checking your luggage for free. I found the app very useful to do the online check in. The planes I´ve flown are relatively new, clean and the seats were spacious. Our flight suffered a schedule change and we were notified several weeks before. I recommend this company.
RouteAtenas to Bilbao
Date FlownAugust 2022

"better than Ryanair"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | In general, Volotea is a good airline. Every time I've flown with them everything has been correct - no delays, planes are comfortable and somewhat clean, crew is generally polite and nice. However, there are downsides as in customer service - this last time I've flown with them, I checked in my luggage at the counter and it arrived with a bit of the zip open - no one would actually give me a coherent answer to my claim, I was left in the hands of automatic responses, etc. Another time, having purchased my seat, I was asked to change it because they - or their algorithm - had seated separately a mother and a toddler. I said I wouldn't change it before boarding as I had paid. To my surprise, a flight attendant confronted me once again onboard, when all passengers had already been sat. That is plain rude and, once again, never got a proper answer after having filled in a complaints form). To sum up, Volotea is better than Ryanair, but they still need to improve many things. Will keep flying with them though.
RouteA Coruna to Malaga
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Excellent value for money"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | We traveled with Volotea in September from Olbia to Milan. Easy and fast buying procees on their website, helpful on-board staff, clean aircraft. Travelling with a newborn allowed us to get free priority boarding and hand luggage: really appreciated. We will recomend it and continue to fly with Volotea. Excellent value for money.
RouteOlbia to Milan