VietJet Air

"attendants are professional"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh city to Osaka. Well this is a first time that I have experienced international flight with Vietjet. The first impression is that flight departs on time. Then flight attendants are professional, they sold foods and drinks when flight departs. Thank to their promotion that I could travel to Japan with 0 price. Hope they gonna have more promotions in future
RouteHo Chi Minh city to Osaka
Date FlownNovember 2019

"$25 for being 2kg overweight"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Bangkok. I arrived to find the queue was moved so I had to requeue again which lost me time. I proceeded to the check in desk with my cabin case which included a computer. The man ordered me to place my case on the conveyor belt to weigh it, so reluctantly i did as he suggested. He then shouted at me rudely and said hr must weigh it, then said it was over weight, so I explained it was going in the cabin not the hold and the computer can be taken separately. He ignored me, the case went on the conveyor belt as it was going in the hold against my wishes. He charged $25 for being 2kg overweight. I thought to avoid having a public argument I would pay the $25 and claim it back later. It took 15 minutes queuing to pay the fee and had to go back to see him as he held my passport. I went back and he told me to see security where my case was found to have a battery power pack and I-pad. I then held up another few minutes whilst I was made to sign a form to say the power pack was on board, I then eventually took my computer away. This man created chaos and as far as I am concerned extorted money from me. Anyway I want my $25 back as it’s a matter of principle.
Aircraft?
RouteHo Chi Minh to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Great service as always"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Once again we flew with VietJet Air to Hanoi from Siem Reap. Great service as always, I had a very pleasant flight with a low cost. We must say we love the new pre order service where you can make sure products are available. Planes were clean and comfortable and felt roomy too, a lot better than some of the bigger airlines!
RouteSiem Reap to Hanoi

"very pleasant experience"

Not Verified | Nice flight from Tokyo to Hanoi and back on VietJet. Was a quick spontaneous decision to visit Vietnam after my Tokyo trip and I booked a flight on VietJet. Then reading all the bad reviews I was trying to find an alternate different carrier. Unable last minute I braced for VietJet. But I had a great experience with VietJet. Friendly good check-in, no carry on bag problem and flight crew was very friendly and helpful. The flight was on time and very pleasant experience. Definitely would fly them again.
RouteTokyo to Hanoi
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the worst airline out there"

Trip Verified | Dalat to Krabi via Bangkok, Vietjet is the worst airline out there. I’ve had so many negative experiences with them, but this was special. We had a connection in BKK, so we had to go through immigration, and recheck in. Ok, no problem. We go to the VJ counter and they tell us to get in a huge line. It took us 40 minutes to get to the check-in counter. Then they tell us it’s too early to check in (2.5 hours early), and we would have to stand in the line again. This was too much. I can handle the terrible music they play on a loop, I can deal with the little-to-no legroom. This was infuriating. If you can afford it, please take another airline.
RouteDalat to Krabi via Bangkok

"Worst airline experience"

Trip Verified | Bali to Tokyo via Ho Chi Minh. Worst airline experience I’ve had to date. The check in process alone was a nightmare and their customer service was surprisingly extremely unhelpful. I’ve been in their shoes and give them the benefit of the doubt but this time it’s unbelievable. All foreigners were having issues with the VISA which isn’t the airlines fault but the attendants when asked what to do just laughed and said to google it, it made for some very upset passengers. I would recommend maybe a guide to help or someone they can talk too because the comments from the clerk definitely didn’t help the situation. Next while on the flight the seats itself weren’t terrible, not the comfiest but definitely weren’t bad. The in flight entertainment is your phone, there’s nothing else. So definitely bring a portable charger for electronics. The food was a mess of in itself, they have a menu for food and drink but good luck getting a stewardess to order. We tried multiple times to buy food or drink but we couldn’t get their attention, we tried to use the bell above the seats but that was unsuccessful as well. I highly recommend to bring your own food and drink, or purchase a ticket that has food with it. My vacation was great but it was the only negative and bad experience we had. Will always check my itineraries to make sure they aren’t apart of it.
RouteBali to Tokyo via Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownOctober 2019

"weighing hand carry luggage"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. First time and certainly the last time travelling with them. First the staff at the check-in counter told us it is alright to take our fragile goods as hand carry luggage. Carry on luggages and checked in luggages weighed on the belt. Check-in procedures pleasantly performed, no issue at all. Then at the boarding gate another staff started catching passengers with luggage which they deemed not acceptable right when they commence boarding. They start weighing passengers' hand carry luggage with a big scale. They don't care what's inside and stack all our luggage on top of each other and count to the nearest precision. Then they will say the hand carries are overweight and deny us from boarding before we pay them a fee of 950,000 dong. [This rate is for 1kg to 20kg, non negotiable] Worse still, the check-in counter staff that attended to us earlier was also there but when we raised the issue to her, there was no assistance at all. It was as if that was the first time seeing us. Cold shoulder, period. Just when passengers are good to board, good to go, the airline will caught you by surprise. Very double standard and sneaky indeed. Should never convey something to passengers and then practice otherwise.
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City

"Horrific experience"

Trip Verified | DaNang to Ho Chi Minh City. Trying to book tickets with the app keeps telling me my card cannot be accepted. 5 times I tried then checked bank accounts and see 5 amounts debited but no reservation number no nothing. Have to go to Vietjet office to try to get fixed but say accounts department problem. Organise tickets at office all good. Email just before flight saying delay 30 mins. That ok. Get to airport and flight delayed another 30 min. No reason given. Then another 30 and gate change without notice. Finally away and arrive nearly 2 hours late. After arriving observed ground staff standing around mobile exiting platform for approximately 20 minutes no movement at all. Then finally pushed against plane and wait another 10 minutes before door opens. Horrific experience all to save a few $. Never again unfortunately have to use for return trip.
RouteDaNang to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I regret flying this airline"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Denpasar. In 30 years of flying this has been my worst experience with an airline. I felt extorted by the gate staff and manipulated into paying for carry on baggage or resulting in missing my flight. It's obvious this budget airline has tactics in place to receive extra compensation from customers. The guidelines for carry on baggage says 7 kilos which was the weight of my luggage. They decided to also weigh my laptop and camera which were in my backpack to ensure I was overweight by 1.5 kilos. I pleaded that this wasn't in my carry on luggage this was in my personal item (backpack). The person traveling with me also was put in the same situation which we were left with the option to either pay the $45 USD fee each for extra baggage or miss our flight. We then tried to put our 3 kilo total overage weight in one suitcase to only pay the fee once but we were informed that even though we were traveling together we could not rearrange our items into one suitcase to avoid being charged twice totaling $90 USD. In the end to not miss our flight we paid $90USD. I regret flying this airline, please advise if you decide to fly this airline and take all precautions to avoid being put in this situation.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Denpasar

"complicated, tedious, expensive"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Flew Saigon to Hue on a Monday afternoon October 2019 on a brand new, beautiful, spacious and clean A321. As usual, flight changes and emails came to my mailbox starting days prior to departure and went on until original departure was overdue. In my case the change was less crucial, but I lost 3 hours due to the continuous delays. What I don’t like is that their emails are repetitive, robot generated, and irresponsible. All their emails do not provide clear changes and do not list old but only new itinerary. Often there are no changes but they cause stress and confusion. Duplicating emails needs also to be very carefully checked as one never knows what/if/how/how much/why has been changed. In this case they cancelled flight VJ306 6 days before departure and put me on VJ304 80 minutes later. That took them 5 emails to communicate. Further delays of new flight added 2 hours delay. Check-in and baggage went fine. I got the best seat onboard without requesting, 11D. Have never paid for excess hand luggage with this airline which contradicts several other reviews. The gates for this carrier is in Saigon clustered into a big hall which is messy and overcrowded like a bus station in a 3rd world country. Always tedious bus gating with lengthy queues, shortage of busses, and long outdoor waits. In the sky they are faultless with fresh crew, clean cabins, and inexpensive catering with many options. This flight was full but CC were handling all passengers perfect. VietjetAir is complicated, tedious, expensive, and risky until you are on board. However, for less busy airports like Hue, they are somehow keeping schedules, especially in the mornings. 35 USD paid would normally be cheap fare but 3 hours delays makes it expensive.
RouteSaigon to Hue