VietJet Air

"never use this airline again"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh. How can an airline manage to make so many mistakes on one short return journey. Delays, changes, more delays, lack of communication, zero care or consideration for the customer. We literally have no idea when or even if we will be returning back to Bangkok. It’s was the same on the way to Ho Chi Minh too. 2 flights and 6 delays and changes and were still running late. We were even stopped at security to tell us the flight was delayed again. I will never use this airline again.
RouteBangkok to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownOctober 2019

"a wonderful experience"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho chi Minh to Nha Trang. Excellent service with affordable price. Flight attendants are young, beautiful and hospitality. I have a wonderful experience while traveling with Vietjet.
RouteHo chi Minh to Nha Trang
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"no flight confirmed after 7 days"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh. I was purchasing the flight on their website a week ago but I didn’t get any itinerary confirmed until now; 7 days, but money is deducted from my card at the last step. Called their customer service (several times and each roughly I waited out for 1h on the phone but not a single person pick up) then I wrote them an email with all the related info: date/time and amount of purchase, attached a screen shot of the website at the last step said rejected card but money is deducted and bank name and first 6 digits and last 4 digits. Until this morning I have just received an email from them asking for the same info which I provided at the beginning (a week ago) and their responses via email have been the same questions asking for the info I have provided already. So we have been exchanging email for 7 times as of now and they still dance around with the same questions and no further action taken and neither a call. I even said please cancel my booking whatever I wanna book with another airline and didn’t get any response on that. So basically money is gone and no flight confirmed after 7 days. Just be careful when you try to buy the flight on their website.
RouteBangkok to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Never fly with VietJetAir again"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Bangkok. I have booked and travelled with VietJetAir 4 times, and they have been delayed all the times with only 5-6 hours notice. If VietJetAir give free tickets I will not embrace these free tickets. Never fly with VietJetAir again.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Bangkok

"Choose other company"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Hanoi to Da Nang. I was traveling in Asia and bought some flights from VietJet. For all the flights the time of departure was changed within some hours from the departure. The flight from Hanoi to Da Nang changed from 4.55 pm to 12.20pm, so we cannot be at the airport on time because we were in Ha Long Bay. I tried 7 times to call its hotline (paid number) and I sent 2 emails. They didn't answer any call and only answered my email 2 days after the flight. As we need to fly to Da Nang we paid the change of the flight online (83 USD). When we went to the Vietjet airport costumer care they said that they can't give our money back and we had to go to the airport the day before to change the flight for free. So, they don't have customer care online you by phone working and they don't care about custumers. (I have internet and i see the emails... if i was other tourist maybe I will lose all the flights!) Now I had a flight from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh at 6pm, they changed it to 9pm, and 5hours before the flight changed it again to 10.55pm Horrible. Choose other company, even if you have to pay more money.
RouteHanoi to Da Nang

"one-star experience"

Not Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Singapore. Absolutely trash airline with rude staff. They will extort you for more money at the check-in counter. One check-in staff robbed me of 30 USD, daylight robbery for extra check-in luggage. I have traveled to 9 countries multiple times this year with the same one small luggage and one backpack setup with practically the same weight throughout and have never had to pay for extra check-in baggage. A "cheap" flight just became 60% more expensive. What's more, they have a cheap wet-market weighing scale at the boarding gate (I am not even kidding) to make sure your carry-on bag is less than 7kg. I gave the staff a death stare and I swear they did the right thing to turn a blind eye. I saw that the couple behind me at the boarding gate queue had to pay extra fees because their bag was over 7kg. They will hold your flight ransom again until you pay the extra fees in USD the same as at the check-in counter. In the end, the flight was delayed for exactly 2 hours. The flight attendants only arrived at the boarding gate to prep the plane 10min before the flight was supposed to takeoff. I would never take Vietjet Air even if you gave me flights for free. There are so many other horrible one-star experiences with this airline.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"reweigh and charge extra"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Hong Kong. A terrible airline that is essentially screwing their customers. You check in and luggage is weighed with no comments - then at the gate they reweigh and charge extra. My friend got caught in HCM with this today and ended up paying HK$500. They need to at least implement the policy properly at the check in counter.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Hong Kong

"Worst experience ever"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Phu Quoc. Worst experience ever. Never use this airline even if you are in hurry. It's been delayed without notice, randomly selecting passengers to weigh their cabin luggages but they don't even allow 0.5kg. Had to pay 550,000 Don for 0.5kg. While other people are taking a cabin luggage as well as a handbag, I wasn't allowed to do so without appropriate answer. They just wanted money from me. Never use this airline.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Phu Quoc
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"it wasn't a bad experience"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Hanoi to Incheon. Overall I was satisfied with this airline. Ground staff, as well as cabin crew were friendly and helpful. However, the lack of legroom was a little ridiculous. I'm 1,76m tall, and my knees were pressed against the seat in front of me for 5 hours. Not ideal. But other than that, it wasn't a bad experience.
RouteHanoi to Incheon
Date FlownAugust 2019

"didn't care at all for their customers"

Trip Verified | This was the worst airline I have ever encountered. The first flight went smoothly, then I found out that my transfer flight was delayed for more than two hours (for reasons unknown to me). It took an hour and a half to get my transfer boarding pass ticket printed because they had a system error. I waited at the gate for an hour and a half and we were supposed to be boarding by this time, but the woman at the counter said that she didn't know when the airplane was coming. So our flight was delayed again, but the staff did nothing to communicate this to us. When I went to the counter and asked them about contacting the pilot or figuring out what the plan was, the staff got frustrated at me for asking a fair question. In total, our flight was delayed for 4 hours. No one apologized, no one took responsibility, and it truly felt they didn't care at all for their customers. We weren't even offered a drink during a 4.5 hour flight. I read the bad reviews and I thought it would be okay, but I urge you not to make the same mistake I did. Don't take VietJetAir. They don't value their customers or our time.
RouteYangon to Incheon via Hanoi