VietJet Air

"Another dissatisfied customer"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Ho Chi Minh City. Appalling airline, good luck if you have any problems with them. Was told I couldn't board due to visa restrictions 14 March, pointed out that the restrictions came into effect 15 March but still wouldn't let me board. Asked to change the ticket or refund at the airport, told it's not possible - you need to contact customer care. There are two phone numbers, one rings but never connects, the other connects but the only words you will get out of the customer service desk if you are not fluent in Vietnamese is "hello". Two email addresses, neither answers. Another dissatisfied customer. Worst airline I have ever encountered.
RouteTokyo to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"would not recommend this airline"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City. On 22nd December 2019 we had a flight from Phu Quoc island to Ho Chi Minh city. It was an early morning flight and after landing in Ho Chi Minh we should have 7 hours to our next flight. Unfourtanely our flight got canceled, but the saddest part is that we were not informed before about cancellation and change to an alternative flight. When we got to the airport we could not find a check-in for our flight. When we asked about our flight in Viet jet ticket office. We experienced awful service, they were unresponsive. They did not try to help us and repeated 'What is your problem?'. Also, they said there is only one flight today to Ho Chi Minh city and there are no free seats. In Phu Quoc international airport there was not any free wifi service and we could not book flights through the internet. In other airline ticket offices were the same story - no seats left. In the end, Vietjet gave us new tickets for the next day. When we arrived at the Hotel we checked all flights from Phu Quoc and it turned that there were almost 8 flights to Ho Chi Minh. We missed our next flight from Ho Chi Minh and we received no compensation in the end. In summary a very bad experience. I would not recommend this airline, just not worth it. It is better to pay a little more to other airlines to receive great and safe service.
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownDecember 2019

"charged me 30 dollars for 1kg over"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Denpasar. They charged me 30 dollars for 1kg over exceed of cabin baggage. I payed and took a bag, they said they need to check it in. How on earth they decided that i cant bring my bag with me is beyond comprehension, especially when i took the laptop from the bag now the baggage was 6.5 kg. I said, what now?
RouteHo Chi Minh to Denpasar
Date FlownMarch 2020

"forgot to mention surname"

Not Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. VietJet is pathetic airline. They only care about making money. Substandard service. They asked me book another ticket at check in, with absurd reason that your you forgot to mention surname. They gave reason of immigration for domestic flight. Air hostess dance in flight, because that's the only thing they are good at.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2020

"One of the worst airlines"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bali via Ho Chi Minh City. One of the worst airlines I have seen. They ruined my trip by cancelling the flights from Delhi to Bali and was standing 6 hours inside airport just to know they are not operating because they do not have enough passengers. Is that a joke or what. Spent in lakhs for my trip and now my agent is denying to provide refund or any compensation for no show because of this.
RouteDelhi to Bali via Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"the worst customer service"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Hong Kong. Expect the worst customer service from Vietjet. They have sent me an email stating that my flight was canceled and I should contact them either by email or a call on a "1-900" phone number where you actually have to pay extra to speak to them. Long story short, I sent them several emails over the days without answer. Finally I had to call and their decision is "this route is canceled, you can either get you money back after 15 working days or reschedule to some other month if the route starts operation again". What a joke! Basically I bought a ticket to fly me from A to B and, since the company decided to cut that flight, they will just kicked me out and refund my money after 15 working days (which has passed and I still didn't get the money back). Now I will probably have to spend more money calling their "1-900" service, to hopefully get the refund. Will never fly this airline again.
RoutePhu Quoc to Hong Kong
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"their aircraft is dirty"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Da Nang. I booked a roundtrip flight with this airline Hanoi - Da Nang and both my flights have been moved to a different hour. The Da Nang to Hanoi flight was moved 5hrs from a preferred early time, thank God that my flight back from Hanoi to Manila was 5-6 hours away. Also, I noticed that their aircraft is dirty. I know that this is a budget airline but I think they will still respect their clients' time and always stick to the booked time. Delaying flights ruins a lot of itineraries.
RouteHanoi to Da Nang
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | Siem Reap to Hanoi. It is worst airline I have ever flown. My husband and I were refused boarding passes for the flight, which was paid for in full, until we paid $230.00 USD. It had to be cash, no credit cards accepted. A scam if ever I heard one. No real reason for the charge was given, just that there was a balance to pay. Against our better judgement, we paid up just so we could get on the flight. To add insult to injury we can't find any way to complain to the airline or get a refund.
RouteSiem Reap to Hanoi

"the worst experience"

Not Verified | Our flight from Delhi to Bali via Ho chi Minh was cancelled by Vietjet 3 hours before the boarding time. There was no prior communication about the cancellation whatsoever. The Vietjet officals at the airport were not even apologetic about the issue. They gave us a Hotline no (Vietnamese number) and we were expected to deal with the issue ourselves while the officials were just sitting at their counters at the airport. This is the worst experience I have ever had with any flight.
RouteDelhi to Bali via Ho chi Minh

"smooth and easy"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Denpasar Bali. Everything smooth and easy. Both flights on time, no issues at check in, boarding or in flight. Planes are quite new and clean. Would fly again with Vietjet any time
RouteHanoi to Denpasar Bali