VietJet Air

"Big no on this airline"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. I could not check into the flight one day before which I wanted to since I had an extra baggage and wanted to pay for it. Then when I reached the airport I was asked to pay 923 baht for my 17 kg baggage which was 500 baht on the website (for under 20kg check in) and I was asked to go to another counter of the airlines on the first floor to pay. Meanwhile my luggage and passport is at the check in counter with the ground staff. Thankfully I had my wife, god knows how hectic it would be otherwise to carry my hand luggage etc and manage the payment. Back to the check in point while I was handed over my boarding passes the ground staff was extremely rude and I was told it’s impossible that this was the price written on website and I should have called the helpline number. Now in the boarding queue which is 15 minutes after the mentioned time we were asked to wait in the sky walk area which did not have aircon obviously. We could have easily waited at the departure gate. On the plane the seat is extremely small and uncomfortable. The cost comes out equal if not more to a regular airline so no benefits over there too. Big no on this airline if you love yourself and convenience even 1%.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2018

"rude Vietjet checkin crew"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. I have flown VietJet several times in the past, and it has always been a very pleasant experience. However, this morning I encountered the nasty and rude Vietjet checkin crew in Singapore airport. I was willing to accept the fact that they wish to enforce their strict carry-on limit. However, we manage to throw some item away, after go check in again. The staff told us she will go in and check again and her boss will throw for us if overweight and I was no longer accepted this morning
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownOctober 2018

"baggage fee was miscalculated"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Do not use this airline. Not even an hour into Thailand and I already got scammed by this airline. Their baggage fee was miscalculated and it changed my card the total amount of my actual flight.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownOctober 2018

"disappointed with such services"

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Da Nang. As I was queuing to check in my flight this morning the staff stopped me and went like: "you need to weight your check in luggage". I followed his instruction, bit surprised with such tone & attitude. He then went on: "you need to pay for your overweight luggage". Excuse Me, I went through hundred of flight before and rarely seen such grumpy face from an airlines staff treating me like I committed some crime. Not exactly being impressed, I told him where is "please" in his customer services, even more shockingly he replied: "I don't need to talk nicely to you, just doing my job" I went to the kiosk to pay for the overweight luggage and raised my concerns but the staffs in the kiosk seems not care. Very disappointed with such services from an airline like Vietjet.
RouteHanoi to Da Nang

"Service onboard good"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Hue on an A320. Numerous emails received prior to departure is confusing as they at a closer look do not make and flight schedule changes despite they are sent as such. Moving departure forth and back triggers numerous annoying and superfluous emails. This time I was lucky and everything went smooth at check-in, flight on time, and luggage handled well. Onboard service good and fresh FA-team manage to serve the whole aircraft several times. Service onboard good, had coffee and a new passion fruit drink, paid less than two US dollars. Fresh team.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Hue
Date FlownOctober 2018

"never select this airline"

(China)

Trip Verified | I booked a roundtrip Bangkok to Phuket return. The booking confirmation never said I had to pay for luggage on the flight. WWhen checking in for our return flight, we were told we had to pay 1980 baht. I said my confirmation did not state this. I was asked to produce the confirmation. I requested an internet connection as it was on my computer but no internet connection. The manager was unhelpful and rude. After 1 hour of discussions, I decided I need to pay our miss the plane. To save money on baggage I decided to carry on 1 case as hand luggage. I paid 940 baht. Finding where to pay was an exploration journey - I was told to pay over there (Manager pointing) - I eventually found it on Level 3. Next step was Security where hand luggage was now the problem. My partners make up etc was not allowed. Back to the check-in desk to put this on the plane but it was closed. We boarded the plane just in time. What an experience. The service on the plane was nil. No water nothing. I sincerely advise you never select this airline.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok

"Friendly, attentive attendants"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Flew Siem Reap to Hanoi with VietJet Air. Friendly, attentive attendants, convenient amenities, affordable prices to match everyone's income, brings to customers a wonderful experience. Briefly very good.
RouteSiem Reap to Hanoi
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"satisfied with the service"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Singapore. The thing that makes me feel great for its services from the airline, ground staff to support me quite well. The food on board is hot and the prices very reasonable, attendants are fun with the friendly attitude makes me very satisfied with the service.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Singapore

"third class airline"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. Vietjet Air is the most third class airline in the world. Don't ever use this airline. Doesn't allow passengers to check in baggage without paying. Doesn't give a single glass of water free.
RouteBangkok to Phuket

"Don't use this airline"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. Worst airline I have ever been on, rescheduled our flights multiple times, sent us emails about it while we were on an international flight, waited at the airport for 6+ hours when originally was suppose to be 2. Couldn't tell us which gate until 30 minutes before our flight. I can go on and on and on. Don't use this airline ever.
RouteBangkok to Phuket