VietJet Air

"gave the wrong time and the gate"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | On January 9 2021 my mum bought a Ticket to Chu Lai which Between Quang Ngai and Da Nang, When I and my family of 8 (include me) were heading to the airport, we were soon 2 hours, but when we check-in the staff gave ticket too slow. And Check-in staff gave the wrong time and the gate, When my family didn't notice I raise an alarm for my family that it's gate 21. While the aircraft land, it lands a bit smooth.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Chu Lai
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"I was scammed on the baggage charges"

Trip Verified | I was scammed on the baggage charges. First issue was that because I flew from Can Tho there was online checking unavailable. Therefore I wasn’t able to go through all the steps of seat choosing and baggage fees. I went to airport with my wife. We were 6 hours before scheduled departure. Straight away I went to VietJet to ask about checking in as I was worried I wasn’t able to do it online. We had 2 large suitcases and 2 pieces of hand luggage. I nicely asked how would I check in as I wasn’t able to do it online. I was told I am too early and have to wait until 2 hours before departure before I can do it. Therefore we went to have some meal and waited for our time. When the time came we went to VietJet as advised by their staff and wanted to check in. There we were told that we have to pay 1.1 million VND for the baggage because we didn’t buy it in advance. When I said I went for the advise 4 hours ago and was told to wait and I’m not happy to pay they said we will not fly with this baggage and issued us only tickets. I went back to that exact woman asking why didn’t you tell us we have to pay for the baggage now but instead you told us to wait 4 hours. She was very unpleasant and said we should have known that without her telling us. Without any other option left I had to pay 1.1million for 2 pieces of 20kg each baggage. I would like also complain about their website. Things there are not clear. You are not being guided properly. Once unable to online check in you should be told what to do next. I guess this is how they decided to make their money. Avoid avoid and avoid again!
RouteCan Tho to Dalat
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"worst airline I have ever used"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | Cát Bi to Tan Son Nhat . The worst airline I have ever used. Will never use them again. We wanted to flew back from Haiphong to Saigon, however when we arrived at the airport the flight had been canceled, we hadn't been informed as well, hotline didn't work.
RouteCát Bi to Tan Son Nhat
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Poor customer service and poor policies"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | My friend booked my flight under my married name, not realising only passport still uses my maiden name and we had huge hassle trying to change it. The airline didn’t respond to emails and the phone number never connected after several attempts. We arrived early to the airport expecting a fee for the name change but instead were ordered to buy a new ticket and new luggage since my checked luggage was under the original booking. Total almost 2000 Baht which was completely unnecessary and caused ridiculous stress. The check in counter attendants wore Christmas hats but boy did they lack any Christmas courtesy let alone any customer service skills. They were rude and had one answer for everything.. ”no can, company policy”. My friend also had tried to pre pay checked luggage and was unsuccessful in her attempt. On the day, they charged her 1100 B for 1 case which is ludicrous. Clearly this airline is struggling financially but I can tell you, it won’t be around in a year’s time. Poor customer service and poor policies.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2020

"nothing good about this airline"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Flights rescheduled. Chose this airline just because of their departure time (I’m traveling with a baby, so I tried to schedule the flight to my baby’s nap time). VietJet offer flights to Phuket (from Bangkok), an hour a flight which at that time I thought was incredible. Turned out, it seemed like they tried to fool people that they offer a lot of flights with different departure times, but in the end all those flights are combined into the same flight. Booking number doesn’t work on their website, had all the booking number, but can’t do anything about my flights on their website. (I wanted to book and pay for additional luggage) - called the call center dozens of time, wait more than 10 minutes every time, and they never picked up my call. I sent an email asking to book and pay for an additional luggage. Told them on one picked up my call, yet they insisted me calling the same number to make a payment. Again, called them dozens of times; no one picked up. - Booked and paid for 3 persons, but upon checking in, the data showed only 2 person and I had to go through their process, which took about 1 hour, just to confirm my payment. Since I couldn’t call and make a payment for an additional weight, I packed my luggage light (even I’m traveling with a baby). However, I had to pay for the weight I didn’t carry, or else I wouldn’t be able to check in.at that time I thought “ That’s it. That’s enough. I had had enough, I’ll just pay and get this thing done”, so I paid. Now that armed me whose stuff are in the bag? I said all 3 of us (my wife my baby and I) are sharing the same bag. You wouldn’t believe what the ground staff told me. “Passengers are not allowed to share the same luggage”. A father, a mother, and their baby can’t share the same luggage? That’s’ it; I yelled at the staff and told them how ridiculous they are. A moment later, after that staff talked to her boss (yes, she did ask if 3 of us can share the same luggage), everything was ok. I got my boarding pass. Had my bag loaded. On the plane, I had my baby sat on my lap over my seatbelt, and cabin crew walked up and told me “the injury occurred to your baby is not our responsibility” and walked away. She didn’t even wait for my response. Seriously? Is that the first thing you would say when you see a baby in the flight? Not the first low cost airlines I flew, but definitely the first low quality airline I flew. In conclusion, there’s nothing good about this airline apart from the plane arriving safely.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Every time they did me delay"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | The worst ever. I've been flight with them 5-6 times. Every time they did me delay at least 1 hr without truly apologising. The only thing is snackbox at 0.00 am.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownNovember 2020

"refused me to sit at the back"

Trip Verified | Thai VietJet crew just refused me to sit at the back because "the plane wont be balanced". The best excused I heard. They do random seat positioning in order to make you pay if you want to sit with your partner.
RouteChiang Rai to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2020

"never fly this airline again!"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | I bought tickets for my wife and daughter to fly 2 months ago but the flight was cancel because of covid19, then Vietjet ask us to change the fly so we changed the fight to 24/10/2020. the day come, we come to get our boarding pass at the airport but Vietjet's staff told to us my daughter is over 2 years old (she was born in 26/09), she was under 2 years old if we flight on time. They asked us to buy the ticket for my child! ok I agreed but after that they said there is no seat for my child, so I cant buy the ticket. I call Vietjet customer service but they all say "sorry we cant do anything" then the staff come and tell us, if my child want to fly i have to pay $100/one way. The ticket I bought 2 months ago for my wife is 2 way and only cost $40 but a ticket for my child is 4 time higher. And this is not our fault! I and my family will never fly this airline again!
RouteHo chi Minh to Da Lat
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Covid19 safety is non existent with this airline"

Trip Verified | The cabin staff specifically the male flight attendant was more concerned with women not carrying their purses than people not wearing their mask during the flight. Covid19 safety is non existent with this airline. People were coughing, not wearing masks but the cabin staff where mainly concerned with telling the young women to place their small purses and bumbags on the floor. They ignored the older women and allowed them to carry their small purses and hand bags, their priorities are all messed up. I'll never fly VietJet again for health and safety and the rude flight staff.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Pleiku

"incompetence and rip-off"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | The incompetence and rip-off start when booking. First the booking site is awful and you have to do and redo to get there. For instance you select the language(choice of 5 or so), select the country and, if not careful your phone will have Vietnam code. More importantly options have to be opted out. A rip-off. You select a 600฿ Seat and end up with 1600 because the site booked a 14 kg bag ( on both legs) and a priority check in . Then they add tax airport charges. 600 becomes 1150 and when you pay you get another 100 for your credit card 600฿ Becomes 1250฿. Then you buy an emergency exit for 250฿ - they change the plane configuration and you end up on a normal row while no one is sitting in the emergency exit. Many other faults. These should be enough to discourage any honest person from flying with them.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok