Turkish Airlines

(Belgium)

FIH-IST. Flight delayed 1 hour as usual. Old A330-200 instead of the usual 739. No IFE working no informative pilot announcements cabin crew announcement was inaudible only one choice of meal which was a very good meal (luckily). No complete breakfast just a little cake before landing very disappointing flight.

Turkish Airlines customer review

JFK-ATH business class round-trip in June (TK0004 & 0001). Departure from JFK was delayed by almost 3 hours as the pilot could not be found. On arrival in Istanbul we had to go the "transfer desk" to find a connection to ATH. Said transfer desk has a queue of over 100 people from every conceivable destination and no priority for business class. End result was that we had to sit for 4 hours in the biz-class lounge and watch 2 codeshares fly out before TK. Yes we missed our connecting flight in ATH as well. Return ATH to IST managed to be 2 hours late as well for a 90 minute morning flight. This time we barely made the JFK connection and our "priority" luggage was delivered 2 days later. The good: seats are very comfortable entertainment and Wifi are excellent and the food is really delicious; IST lounge is wonderful. The bad: cabin crew disappears after service and on the return allowed a passenger in an adjoining seat to get utterly smashed as he drank endless full glasses of Scotch until landing. He then proceeded to lie down on the floor for the landing which the crew chose to ignore IST airport is a nightmare.

Turkish Airlines customer review

BHX-IST-BKK. July 9 2014. Boeing 737-800: BHX-IST. Very impressed with Turkish Airlines European business class. By far the best of all European carriers for comfort and privacy. It offers a 2-2 configuration with 20' leather recliners with additional foot rest. There is a personal VOD monitor in the arm rest with a wide variety of shows and movies for a 3 hour flight. Flight attendants are very polite and professional. Food catering is of the highest standard to match and surpass other European Carriers like BA KLM or Lufthansa. Airbus A330-300: IST-BKK. The TK business class lounge is very impressive with kids room multiple TV rooms 2 grand pianos and some of the cleanest toilets I have seen at an airport. Lounge provides user friendly lockers to store your belongings. A bit chaotic boarding at IST. The shuttle bus used to take passengers to the aircraft was a bit overcrowded and ground staff seemed a bit disorganised. However after boarding it's all up hill. FAs were very attentive and professional. The personalised chef for the forward cabin was a nice touch. Good selection of food and drinks and the inflight entertainment is more than adequate for the 9 hours and 40 mins. Seats are very comfortable for business class with an exceptional amount of leg room although the seat configuration of 2-2-2 does not provide loads of privacy for a single traveler with the two end seats A and K not giving direct aisle access. Overall Turkish Airlines provides a very good product in business. Will definitely recommend and travel again in the future.

Turkish Airlines customer review

JFK-Istanbul-Bishkek round trip coach B777 B737 A330. My experience with Turkish Airlines is a tale of 2 experiences the flight experience and customer service on the ground. The flights were all very good. Leg room varied. I had adequate legroom on the B737 and A330 but I felt crushed on the B777. The food was tasty and the flight attendants offered good service. My main issue with Turkish Airlines with the customer service on the ground. leading up to my flight I found frequent outages with their US website. Customer service employees in Istanbul were rude and they refused to adhere to their pledge to provide a hotel when the layover is over 10 hours. As it turned out I was one of a few who experienced the same problem. All in all it was a mixed experience.

Turkish Airlines customer review

BCN-IST-BKK. One way flight for EUR 402. Flight delayed 3 hours from Barcelona: chaotic check in with nearly no assistance. The supervisor was rude and ignorant. Unable to retrieve my TK good frequent flyer number so I had to pay for my access to VIP lounge. Ground staff at Istanbul non-existant. At least catering was excellent and both planes A332 and A332 were quite comfortable despite of BCN-IST was not clean. Not really recommendable.

Turkish Airlines customer review

I recently flew from Tel Aviv to Dublin via Istanbul A return flight. I was so delighted with this airline. A comfortable flight. Seats were comfortable. Pillows offered. Delicious meal with free drinks. Inflight entertainment movies games etc. friendly staff Real old fashioned service. Transfer staff on the ground to take us to connecting flight. I will definitely fly with Turkish airlines and will go out of my way to fly with them. I recommend this airlines strongly to anyone flying to Israel.

Turkish Airlines customer review

We flew from Gatwick to Istanbul (return) and Istanbul - Izmir (return). Planes varied - the least good was a workaday Airbus between Istanbul and Izmir (nothing wrong with it though) the best a brand new B737-800 to Gatwick. We flew economy but noted that business class on the latter had excellent seats. All flights flew to time. Food was very good (complete with metal cutlery). Even between Istanbul and Izmir we got an hors d'oeuvre plus a good sandwich and some cake - the crew hardly had time to serve it. All staff polite and helpful. At Izmir we had checked-in online and were shown to a dedicated counter: there is no Bag Drop facility. All in all one of our best airline experiences.

(Nigeria)

KAN-IST-LGW-KAN. A 737-800 aircraft for the first leg. Flight was on time food was good and cabin crew excellent. The IFE was also commendable. The IST-LGW leg was a very boring flight with no IFE but the cabin crew were very efficient and helpful.

(Ghana)

I was very disappointed with Turkish Airways. My flight was delayed from Accra to Istanbul resulting in me missing all my connecting flights including my flight to Barbados from Gatwick. The staff at Istanbul were extremely rude and unhelpful resulting in me having to speak with the supervisor. They would not help with rebooking my connecting flight to Barbados which I had to pay for myself plus overnight accommodation. My luggage got separated at Gatwick which compounded my disappointment with Turkish Airways.

(Turkey)

Travelling from Alanya/Gazipasa to Istanbul via Ankara the first disappointment was that there was no online check-in. At the airport you are allocated a seat which cannot be changed as the system doesn't allow it said the young lady on the desk. No lounge but such a small airport and only one or two flights a day hardly warrant it. In fact the Turkish Airlines printed timetable doesn't even list the flights there. I went into the airport shop for a can of Coke but at TL 7.25 decided it was too much of a rip-off. No priority boarding so a scramble at the gate. Flight operated by Anadolujet was comfortable and a sandwich and water tea and coffee served. At Ankara the domestic transfer passengers were sent straight into the departure area which meant no second security screening. But inside I discovered my next sector was delayed and the Business Class lounge was outside so I could not reach it. Luckily the delay was not long and soon we were boarding. They made an announcement about pre-boarding but then just let everybody go through. Full flight and had another sandwich and cake. After landing at Istanbul we had to sit on the ground with the engines running for 15 minutes before a gate was available. My luggage was the last up - seems they don't use priority tags at Alanya either. But at least I was able to go to the airport shop and buy a can of Coke for TL 1.75!