TAROM Romanian

"Worst experience ever"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Beirut. Worst experience ever, very bad and inexperienced staff, they made us pay for our extra baggage for a second time knowing that we have already paid for them, we couldn't do anything because they kept denying and we didn't want to miss our plane and have to stay in this horrible city for any other day. In addition, they gave us seats 9 rows far from each other! The airplane was overloaded and we didn't even find a place to put our handbag; the food is disgusting, we couldn't eat it. And I also have to mention that it was delayed in both ways for minimum 40 minutes. In conclusion, it's surely the worst airline you may ever fly with.
RouteBucharest to Beirut
Date FlownJuly 2019

"highly inconvenient trip"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Budapest via Bucharest. In total, I took 4 flights with Tarom, a round trip from Beirut to Budapest through Bucharest. Every one of those flights was delayed, between 30 minutes and 2 hours. My luggage did not arrive in Budapest. I filed a claim and was told by the baggage management company affiliated with Tarom that I would have to pay 15 euros to get my bag delivered. They could not tell me when my bag would be delivered, or where it was. In the case of lost or delayed baggage, the airline should compensate the passenger with cash, not the other way around! I had to buy essentials and spare clothes worth at least 40 euros, on top of the 15 euro delivery charge, for a 4-day trip! Throughout the whole time, the airline’s customer service number never answered calls. All in all, it was a highly inconvenient trip, with a highly unprofessional airline.
RouteBeirut to Budapest via Bucharest

"I will fly TAROM again"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Rome to Bucharest. Legroom was fine for a 2h flight (I’m 1,90m) The staff were very nice and kind. The food wasn’t the best, but it’s included in the fare, which isn’t so common anymore. I will fly TAROM again.
RouteRome to Bucharest
Date FlownJune 2019

"Stay away from this company"

Trip Verified | Timisoara to Bucharest. Worst and smallest seats ever. You need to be at least 170 cm or smaller to sit normally. No space for your legs. Back and neck pain. I would not recommend to fly with that airline. More than discomfort - pain. I was begging to be released quickly. No ergonomics at all. Stay away from this company!
RouteTimisoara to Bucharest
Date FlownJune 2019

"Worst flight experience ever"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Bucharest. Worst flight experience ever. I am a frequent flier who has flown hundreds of thousands of miles, but never experienced such incompetence. The business class is in the front of the plane in a plane where you can only get in and out at the back. So you buy the business ticket just to get delayed when disembarking. When I mention this, the attendant says, “yes, you will be the last to get out and smiles”. The air is 36 Celsius (about 100 F) outside, 100 people on board, but still, they have no intention to turn the AC on. It is about 45 ac (120 F) inside the plane, people starting to faint. Thankfully we are already prepared, as the situation was the same on the bus that took us to the aircraft. Thank you for the bootcamp, Tarom. People, make sure you only choose this airline if you want SWAT training.
AircraftATR72500
RouteBudapest to Bucharest

"the service was nice"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Bucharest. I booked my ticket on miles at a very good deal, at the check they provided with an emergency exit seat and blocked the middle seat as a curtesy for my platinum ultimate status. I have ordered Low fat meal, a good choice, tasty and fresh, good variety of alcoholic drinks (free of charge), the service was nice, the interior clean and a new 737/8NG, a very pleasant trip.
RouteBeirut to Bucharest
Date FlownMay 2019

"management is a total mess"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Frankfurt. You book one thing online and at the counter you get a ticket with a different seat. Application is full of bugs and unreliable The tariff sky rockets each time you reselect your flight and for the money you pay the aircraft are poor. Crew personnel are doing their best with what they have, but it seems the management is a total mess.
RouteBucharest to Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2019

"by far the worst airline"

(Jordan)

Trip Verified | Amman to Chisinau via Bucharest. TAROM is by far the worst airline I have ever come across. My TAROM flight between Amman and Buchareat 10 days ago was canceled without any prior notification whatsoever. This meant a significant economic loss for me and a lot of logistical difficulties (I missed connecting flights and had to cancel my entire vacation). Despite numerous atempts to contact TAROM following this incident, the airline refuses to respond. I have still received no explanation, no refund and no compensation. I will never fly with this airline again and I recommend everyone to stay away from TAROM.
RouteAmman to Chisinau via Bucharest
Date FlownMarch 2019

"cancelled flight with no reason"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Bucharest. Airline cancelled flight with no reason given, just before two weeks in advance to avoid any compensation. No suitable alternative flight was offered, support was extremely bad with slow response times, very bad audio quality on the call center, just really bad overall. Refund takes up to 21 days to clear. Avoid at all costs.
RouteStockholm to Bucharest
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"not recommend this company"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Bucharest. It was my first experience with this company. And it was one of my worst experience dealing with it. The flight got delayed 2 hours, the team is impolite not well mannered and not welcoming. Not helpful at all. The lady standing at the check in was very rude and Impolite. I would not recommend this company nor choose it once again.
RouteFrankfurt to Bucharest