Sun Country Airlines

"A huge lack of customer service"

Not Verified | My flight took off two hours late and the flight staff said the reason was because “they were waiting for a piece of paper”. The online flight schedule was not updated. It lied and said the flight landed at the normal time, so my ride had to wait at the airport for two hours since they were unaware the flight was delayed. A huge lack of customer service which is unacceptable considering the price I paid for the flight. Definitely fly Delta or Alaska Airlines instead if you can.
RouteMinneapolis to Seattle

"Worst flights ever"

Not Verified | Flew Sun Country both ways and was so cold in the plane everyone was complaining but nothing was done. My baggage was lost on my return flight. No one on entire trip was very friendly. Worst flights ever, stay clear of Sun Country.
Date FlownJune 2022

"the worst airline to fly for many reasons"

Not Verified | Sun Country is the worst airline to fly for many reasons. I was kicked off the airplane for switching to an empty seat after the plane doors were closed and locked. Which I then moved back to my original seat when it became an issue to flight attendant. The entire plane was deplaned for no reason. The way the flight attendant was talking to me and treating me was uncalled for on so many levels. I will never fly with Sun Country again!
RouteMinneapolis to Portland
Date FlownJune 2022

"she was efficient and informative!

Not Verified | My son is flying to his dad's today and I couldn't find his flight. I called Sun Country Airlines on a holiday weekend hoping for help and boy did I get it. Katie was absolutely phenomenal don't ever lose her. Not only was she efficient and informative but she helped calm my nervous mom brain down. Katie thank you so much for making this a seamless and easy process you are amazing.
RouteAsheville to Minnesota

"bad culture problem"

Not Verified | Nashville to Minneapolis. As I was checking in I noticed the rep processing it was new and had questions she referred to another rep that was more experienced. The new rep took my bags and had not labeled them yet. So I made the statement that I would like to see my bags label for check in before I walk away just make sure nothing gets missed. The experienced worker with an attitude said that we are professionals it will be handled. She said it in the most unprofessional condescending way and then walked away. I hope that customer service training will be followed up with this experienced rep. She was certainly teaching the new lady to be a smart mouth just like her. Sounds like a bad culture problem within Sun Country the at has gone unchecked!!
RouteNashville to Minneapolis
Date FlownMay 2022

"the communication is awful"

Trip Verified | I would rate 0 stars if it was an option, the communication is awful, 0/10. We got all the way to the gate for our flight home from 5 days in Nashville. We were told by the gate agents in a rude, disrespectful & unprofessional attitude that our flight was delayed until tomorrow evening at 4pm. They stated they didn't care about our flight and that it wasn’t their fault. $100 voucher was issued. The next day we were trying to track our flight to make sure it was on schedule, there was nothing online to updated, no emails were sent, etc. I called Sun Country to confirm the flight as no information was provided. I was on hold for over an hour with no answers. We headed to the airport, we approached the check-in desk (same lady as previous day). Again, in a mean, agitative tone she proceeded to tell us us that we had to pay for our overhead luggage and would cost $90 for two bags. I’ve flown on a plane over 30 times and never paid for overhead luggage. We paid it, as we were told without issue. However, our plane has been delayed over 24 hours without notice. The least the company could do was waive the fee. Instead of telling us our flight was canceled, they worded it as “delayed” to get around their regulations of having to put us on another airplane that had open seats. 24 hours later we land & guess what? No Jet Pilot to connect the airplane to the airport. We were on the ground for 30 minutes with nobody moving. The pilot stated, “I’ve called twice and I cannot get ahold of anyone, it’s not an excuse .. you cannot make this up”. The end of the story is, I will forever choose a more expensive option for another airline than go with this poor service ever again.
RouteNashville to Minneapolis
Date FlownMay 2022

"customer service was terrible"

Trip Verified | Working in healthcare as nurses made it extremely difficult to travel, Sun Country Airlines refused to allow any type of extension on our credit and we lost all of our money. All we did was request an extension to book by one week so we could see how the pandemic was going to stabilize. Their customer service was terrible, took 6 weeks to respond, waited on hold for hours and then it would hang up on us. I will never recommend them for not taking care of their customers.
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Bad customer service"

Not Verified | Booked recently and was obligated to cancel. Bad customer service. Very rude lady on the other line. Did not apologize when I told her my call dropped previously. Raised her voice at me and did not bring the recording that herself suggested to report.
RoutePhiladelphia to Minnesota
Date FlownApril 2022

"This airlines customer service is deplorable!"

Not Verified | Purchased a ticket and then contracted COVID. Attempted to contact the airline and could not. Their customer service was overwhelmed and spent several hours over two days trying to speak with someone. Was told to leave a message and they would call back. That never happened. Online was no better. Portions of the website were not operational and you could not reach an area that could either change or cancel a flight. This airlines customer service is deplorable! I would never utilize the services of this so called Airline again, they are terrible. We want a refund and can't even contact the airline. Don't fly Sun Country if you expect any acceptable level of customer service, you will not be pleased.
RouteDenver to Minneapolis
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"Sun Country has zero integrity"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with them to North Carolina for a long weekend trip two months in advance. Two weeks in advance, they cancelled my return flight and moved everyone to the following day. Although they claimed that they sent out an email notifying all passengers of this change, they did not. I dug through all my inboxes and spam folders, and the only emails I have from them state my itinerary for my original flight. My outgoing flight was delayed 5 different times. When I went to check the status the day of my returning flight I learned that they had changed my return date to the following day. I had to be back for an important meeting, so I ended up having to drive the 15 hours home. When I got home at midnight 24 hours later than I should, I was still receiving delay notifications from their flight home, which had not even departed yet. Whenever I tried to call their general customer service number, it stated, "All lines are busy." Finally, by calling their group booking number, I was able to be transferred to customer service. At which time, they refunded my return flight, but refused to refund my outgoing flight, due to that fact that I had already taken it. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and told him this was not right because I never would have taken the outgoing flight if I knew they wouldn't get me home on time. I warned him that I would make a complaint to the BBB if he did not remedy this. He said that he as unable to help me, and that as the liaison for Sun Country's BBB affairs, I would receive the same response here. Sun Country has zero integrity.
RouteMinneapolis to Asheville