Sun Country Airlines

"the worst customer services"

Trip Verified | We are traveling on four, in which only 3 of luggage, one is a pack back, and two are small carry-on. When we travel from Minneapolis to Las Vegas, we carry the same luggage and were not charged, why do we get charged when we fly back from las Vegas to Minneapolis? When we check in through the desk, the lady didn't inform to use to pay for the carry-on need to pay. This is the worst customer services, money eater airline!
RouteLas Vegas to Minneapolis
Date FlownNovember 2022

"employees very polite and helpful"

Not Verified | I read a lot of negative reviews about this airlines (lost luggage, rude employees, late or cancelled flights). We flew to Orlando and back this past week. I found the employees very polite and helpful. Our luggage did not get lost. The flight coming back from Orlando was late (30 minutes) due to weather, so that was understandable. My only issues is the width of the seats. I'm a thin woman and I had only about 1.5 inches of seat space on each side. I think any man or people with a few extra pounds on them would be very uncomfortable sitting in such narrow seats.
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Very polite and extremely helpful"

Not Verified | I would like to give a great review for Alexis Hayes at Sun Country in Minneapolis Airport. First time flying with my service dog, I missed my original flight and she helped us get a new flight, with no issues. Very polite and extremely helpful.
RouteMinneapolis to Tampa
Date FlownNovember 2022

"seats were very comfortable"

Not Verified | We flew on Sun Country from Minneapolis back to Denver it was one of the funniest flights I have ever been on. Our pilot was very friendly - he was retiring his entire family joined him on his final flight. The seats were very comfortable and our flight departed and arrived on time.
RouteMinneapolis to Denver

"Poor service"

Trip Verified | Poor service. It was freezing, a lot of people complained. Very uncomfortable. Also, The jet way did not work, and this exact problem occurred on the same exact jet way the last time we took this flight about 3weeks earlier.
RouteMinneapolis to Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"would never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Had such high expectations prior to takeoff and 5 minutes in and I knew I would never fly this airline again after 10 years as a customer. Every flight attendant was so rude and outright disrespectful that at first I thought it was a joke. Absolutely appalled by how terrible the staff was. Could not wait to get off that plane. I have never been made to feel so uncomfortable. I never said one word to the staff. If this is how you treat paying customers than you shouldn’t even be in operation. So long Sun Country, see you again never. Also, my seatbelt was completely upside down.
RouteDenver to Minneapolis
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"They take absolutely no responsibility"

Not Verified | I got to the airport 1 hour and 30 minutes early with only a carry on and they couldn't print out my boarding pass. The employee had to call IT and their supervisor. They finally issued a manual pass 35 minutes before my flight was supposed to depart. Ended up getting all the way through to the plane, being told i would make it, just to get there and be told that no one authorized to hold the plane. I sat there for 15 minutes watching my plane just sit there before starting to move. The employees are no help either. They told me to call customer service and that they've been noted of everything that happened. The service rep told me that the only note was they issued me a manual pass when I got there (a hour and a half early) and that it was my fault that I missed it. Again, they issued me the manual ticket 35 minutes before my flight was supposed to depart. They take absolutely no responsibility and said they don't need to refund the flight or the hotel for the extra night I'd have to stay because i didn't get there 2 hours early. Even the employee who wrote me the manual ticket said none of this was my fault but i could not find him afterwards for him to tell the rep.
RouteLos Angeles to Minneapolis
Date FlownAugust 2022

"We will never fly Sun Country again"

Not Verified | I was trying to check online since check in bags are less expensive, for some reason, the airline website does not allow. Meaning, the airline wanted us to pay a more terrible price for the baggage. It is business and I think it is where big income for them comes in - check in luggage. We will never fly Sun Country again.
Date FlownAugust 2022

"strongly discourage you from booking"

Not Verified | Seattle to Cincinnati via Minneapolis. We booked four first flight with Sun Country in June. Our son was excited because he's an aspiring pilot and he had never flown with Sun Country before. The night before our flight I looked up the flight information to get the gate and found out the flight had been cancelled. Not sure when it was cancelled, but it was after we had checked in earlier in the day. Because we were in Seattle the customer service desk was already shut down for the day so we had to wait until the next morning to get help. The customer service rep was very kind and helpful (the only reason to give an average customer service rating). She confirmed the cancellation was due to crew issues. The next available flight for our family was in 7 days which is obviously not a valid option. She did offer a full refund and we have received that. But we had to rebook 5 new tickets for the next day which also added another hotel night and rental car day. It cost us an additional $2500. The flight experience may be perfectly fine, and I do believe the rep did everything she was allowed to do. But if you are booking with them be fully aware you could be stranded or incur a significant expense if your flight is cancelled and they aren't able to offer a timely replacement. Many other airlines have multiple flight options (even 1 or 2 day delays would have worked) or travel partners they could send you on other airlines. I strongly discourage you from booking with Sun Country.
RouteSeattle to Cincinnati via Minneapolis
Date FlownJune 2022

"had a very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Wish I had checked reviews here first. I also had a very bad experience with this airline. 6 hours before my flight was scheduled to depart at 6pm, Sun Country sent a text message informing me that my flight had changed until the following day. How does Sun Country expect customers to manage this? Other airlines that I have flown with have always at least offered a hotel/meal voucher as well as a generous flight voucher to compensate at least a little for the added expenses and time wasted. I calculated the loss of a day’s work, additional day of hotel/meal/rental car/pet boarding/airport car parking expenses to be $751. After waiting for 3 hours to talk to a customer service rep, a $100 flight voucher to be used within a year was offered. How does $100 back to Sun Country and the additional revenue they gain from me purchasing a future flight with them help with the $751 dollars of additional expenses that I now have? Never plan to fly on Sun Country again. Strongly discourage others from trying to “save” money with this airline. Spend a more upfront and fly Delta or a reliable customer-focused airline instead.
RoutePortland to Minneapolis