Sun Country Airlines

"I will be reconsidering book with them going forward"

Not Verified | Boarded 10 minutes late. Sat on the plane for an hour and a half while they loaded mail and waited 20 more minutes for live chickens to be loaded. You don’t book a 7.50am flight to depart at 9.40 because of mail and chickens. Made everyone late, I will be reconsidering book with them going forward.
RouteMinneapolis to Tampa

"Horrible first experience"

Trip Verified | Horrible first experience. Cabin dirty with food on floor, empty bottles in seat pocket and tray table was sticky. Flight attendants did not care one bit. Rude, arrogant and seemed to be bothered by advising uncleared areas.
RoutePunta Gorda to Minneapolis
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"left the passengers behind"

Trip Verified | San Diego to Minneapolis. I had a flight to SY408 to Minneapolis that never showed up at the gate. They shipped my luggage to Minneapolis and left the passengers behind. I received updates of a flight delay and the attendant confirmed there will be a delay but the flight will leave from the same gate. Even after the confirmation, since the terminal is small, I would have seen if it changed gates so I presume they never even stopped to pick anyone up. After several hours on the phone, they told me I had to book and pay for another flight and there was nothing they could do. They also refused to look into the situation and see if there was a gate change, if they did leave all the passengers behind, or what happened with the flight. Still a mystery that they haven't been able to help with.
RouteSan Diego to Minneapolis
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"There was no explanation for this cancellation"

Not Verified | I am disgusted with Sun Country airlines and highly recommend avoiding this airline. Yesterday (12/31/21), I drove my 19 year old daughter and her cousin for a 9.30 pm flight. They were told everything was on time, but were then notified the flight was cancelled shortly before they were supposed to board. There was no explanation for this cancellation. I drove back up to get them and they rescheduled for the next day. After delaying the flight for 1.5 hours, the flight was again cancelled. No explanation. My daughter is devastated as she has been waiting a long time for this trip. I will never use this airline again.
RouteMinneapolis to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"unfortunate way to spend new years eve"

Trip Verified | Our flight was supposed to depart at 9:30pm on New Years Eve. At 9:07pm some people received a text message saying the flight was canceled. It took them another 10 minutes to make an official announcement that the flight was canceled. At this point, there was still no front desk person for is to ask questions too. We had to travel down 6 gates to talk to someone. They offered a refund to everyone and you could reschedule your ticket for another sun country flight. The choice was 9:30pm the next day (Saturday), which was rapidly filling as were towards the end of the line, or late Sunday. After waiting in line for 40 min and only having moved forward 3 people we decided that we would never fly with Sun Country again. We paid $500 to fly with Delta instead. Money well spent. Sun country was not willing to offer us anything; free hotels, free transportation, shoot, they wouldn't even cover our parking fee for the one day delay. Sun Country does not care about their customers. They are the cheapest airline and it shows. Their customer phone lines were also just a robot that says "All lines are busy, please look at the website. Good bye" and then hangs up on you. Extremely unfortunate way to spend new years eve.
RouteMinneapolis to Las vegas
Date FlownDecember 2021

"lack of communication was the most frustrating thing"

Not Verified | We were supposed to fly out at 7 pm. At about 6:30 there were no employees at the desk. Our flight was still listed as on time. Another passenger found that the airline website listed the new departure time as 10 pm, though nobody else was able to find it. We were never notified at any point by email or text. The scheduled time remained 7 pm and eventually the status was changed to 10 pm, but the flight was never listed as delayed. At about 9 pm the poor staff member had to announce to everyone that the flight would not be taking off that night, but at noon the next day because the pilot needed to rest. It took another hour for the airline to confirm a hotel for everyone and we all had to pay for transport with the promise of the airline reimbursing this eventually. Once they finally confirmed a hotel they did not even announce it, we had to hear it from other customers. It was all very confusing. The lack of communication was the most frustrating thing. Today at 11:15 our scheduled departure time is still 7:05 yesterday; it was never listed as delayed.
RoutePortland to Minneapolis
Date FlownDecember 2021

"They still refused and would not give me a credit"

Not Verified | I booked a flight with Expedia for my son to come home for his grandfather's funeral. The flight out was with American Airlines. The return leg was Sun Country. American's flight out was delayed to the next day. He was flying from San Diego to Indy. Due to the delay, he was now going to miss the funeral. We then canceled the flight since he was going to miss the entire funeral mass. American Airlines refunded the flight out but Sun Country stated they have no refund policy with canceled flights. Our intention was for my son to come to his Grandfather's funeral. I sent Sun Country the funeral info. They still refused and would not give me a credit. I will never book with an airline that operates their business in this way. Expedia did finally give me a credit after hours of calls and being on hold.
RouteSan Diego to Indianapolis
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"They refused to forward our bags"

Trip Verified | We paid an additional $100 each (x2) for Sun Country Door-Door service which included pick-up from home to airport and assistance checking our bags through to our destination in Costa Rica. Shockingly, our bags never arrived. Sun Country admitted that our bags were not placed on the aircraft and advised that we could pick them up in Minneapolis on our return in 1 week. Imagine, no clothes, toiletries, meds, snorkel gear etc. They refused to forward our bags as they only fly to Liberia once a week. They made no effort to utilize another carrier. Strongly advise that you avoid this new, dysfunctional "Door to Door" service (provided by Landline Services) and be aware of Sun Country policy regarding your misplaced luggage.
RouteMinneapolis to Liberia, Costa Rica
Date FlownDecember 2021

"What a joke of an airline"

Trip Verified | I would give this airline a 0 if I could. We are very displeased with the service that we have had this past week with this airline. This was supposed to be a special trip for our honeymoon as we have recently been married. It started out great in Denver, Colorado and we get everything checked in at the airport and paid money for the checked bags. Our first flight was delayed due to, “they couldn’t find the plane” is what we got told over the intercom. The flight was delayed about 40 minutes for that, and delayed another 20 minutes for the passenger who threw up before take off. We then missed our connection flight which was serviced by the same airline. Sun Country. They knew we were coming and didn’t wait 10 minutes for the 3 (2 in my party and one other man going to Myrtle beach) of us. They got us on the soonest flight with Southwest and reassured us multiple times that our bags would be sent to our final destination. We asked 3 people to make sure and even checked baggage claim and we were told that it would be ok. We arrive in Myrtle beach to no bags and no contact from anyone from this airline. We have been working with a Southwest agent to get the information. We have spent the last 4 days in Myrtle Beach with absolutely no luggage thanks to you guys. It took me hours to try and get a hold of you guys. And when I finally did you guys weren’t happy or trying at all to get us our bags. Our honeymoon was absolutely ruined and now they only want to reimburse half of the money we spent on essential needs. What a joke of an airline.
RouteDenver to Myrtle Beach
Date FlownOctober 2021

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Not Verified | This was my first time flying with Sun Country and I was pleasantly surprised. The plane was a bit old (but not to the point of being concerning), just not the bells and whistles you get with a bigger airline. The flight attendants were friendly and made an effort to talk with passengers and were quick to help those with children. Overall, I think Sun Country is a value and will definitely fly with them again!
RouteCancun to Dallas