Sun Country Airlines

"Worst airline experience"

Not Verified | Absolute worst airline to take. Got split up with my family and had to take a plane by myself or my boyfriend had to pay over $100 to change his flight to my later flight and let the rest of them go without us. They were no help whatsoever at the airlines checking. They said I had to call and they can’t do anything. We are in Mexico and I’m from the US so we weren’t able to call the airline. They couldn’t call them either so we were forced to pay them extra so I didn’t have to take the plane by myself. I will never use this airline again. Next time, I will go with American Airlines and pay a more. This wasn’t worth all the time, stress, and confusion. Worst airline experience and worst customer service.
RouteCancun to Dallas
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Staff are absolutely incompetent!"

Not Verified | Checked one bag... when we arrived in Seattle, we were delayed maybe 15 minutes before getting to baggage carousel. Nothing on carousel. Called Sun Country. Took several attempts to speak with anyone. They have our bag, but we can't pick it up until the next day, will you deliver it to our hotel? No. Had to make a trip back to airport the next day to get it. Then, similar experience on return flight. No apology whatsoever. Staff are absolutely incompetent! Would not fly Sun Country again even if it was free!
RouteMinneapolis to Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I will never fly Sun Country again"

Trip Verified | We arrived hours early enough to get in line. We were met by the apocalypse! There was a huge long line that was never ending. We got in line and were in line for two hours. This was the line to check a bag NOT security. There was such mayhem that they eventually just starting calling out flights and having people jockey to get up to drop bags so that the plane could leave. This turned into one giant cluster. Everyone was pushing and there was no line. To top it off they were not fully staffed to handle the number of flights that were departing. I have never seen such incompetence in my life and I fly often. I will never fly Sun Country again. They knew their flight schedule and number of passengers ahead of time and could have planned accordingly.
RouteSan Antonio to Minneapolis
Date FlownJuly 2021

"4 weeks since Sun Country Airlines lost my luggage"

Trip Verified | I probably don’t have to tell you how angry I am! It has been 4 weeks since Sun Country Airlines lost my luggage! I have called a million times, listed all my items, provided what receipts/proof I could and they sent me an email saying I need to send receipts! Who keeps receipts for all their personal belongings? I will never fly with them again!
RouteHawaii to Cincinnati
Date FlownJune 2021

"didn’t let me fly"

Not Verified | I had a flight from Houston to Cancun on July 15th. I called the airline before my flight date and asked them about additional documents I need to bring. They told me that I don’t need any additional documents just my passport and my green card. When I arrived to the airport and about to check in at the kiosk the representative that was on the kiosk told me that “You are going to miss your flight” without any explanations first. He told me that I need an additional form and didn’t let me fly. I called them and asked them about additional documents before and they told me that I need only my passport and my green card and I would be fine. He made me miss my flight instead of helping me with my documents. Any other airlines let me know that my passport and my green card would be fine. Because of Sun Country Airlines lack of customer service I bought a new ticket for the same day and paid extra money for it when I already had a flight that I paid for. Why any other airlines are not asking for the additional documents and let me fly? I called the customer service number before my flight and they confirmed that with my passport and my green card I would be okay to fly so because of their lack of knowledge and support I spend 13 hours in total on a plane and airports.
RouteHouston to Cancun
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I never got my money back"

Trip Verified | Had flight planned for spring break last year, but had to cancel due to pandemic. After months of following up, I finally got money back for my trip in the form of credit I could use on their site. I tried going on multiple flights earlier this year, but there were limited options for return flights, so I was unable to use my credit until May. When I tried using the credit it had supposedly "expired less than a few days before." Not once did I receive any confirmation suggesting the credit would expire. $130 vanished into thin air. Even after complaining to customer support and better business bureau, I never got my money back.
RouteMinneapolis to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Do not get the Priority seating"

Not Verified | I got the priority seating. Paid extra for it. It was fine in Mineapolis to Raleigh Durham cause I went through TSA quicker but leaving Raleigh it made no sense. There was absolutely no difference. Do not get the Priority seating. The airline staff said I basically wasted my money. Thanks Sun Country! You will not be missed!
RouteRaleigh to Minneapolis
Date FlownJuly 2021

"worst Airline that I ever have dealt with"

Trip Verified | This is the worst Airline that I ever have dealt with. The worst on all customers service level. From baggage check in, flight boarding gates to, on the phone customer service to baggage claim. even their supervisor don’t know what customer service is. It is just to explain why, they are the worst ever.
RouteMinneapolis to Baltimore
Date FlownJuly 2021

"they say we can't and wont rebook you"

Not Verified | We got 14 people ready to go on this flight with 3 kids and one toddler. Took 5 hours to leave house with kiddos Plus another 2.5 hour delay at DFW. Then flights cancelled because "the pilot went over hours". Thats not the worst part, then they say we can't and wont rebook you at the gate or the check in terminal with sun country or any other airline, you have to call and number. 8 people in our group called, on hold for over 2 hours, gave up and went home. Lost 9 hours, a trip to Mexico, 21 total wasted days of paid time off, and couldn't get to Mexico because of there absolutely terrible service. I talked to the manager at DFW airport myself and he said what do you expect from a low budge airline. I told him at least help us rebook and he said they dont do that.
RouteDallas Ft Worth to Cozumel
Date FlownJuly 2021

"told me the credit is expired"

Not Verified | This airline sent me an email that said I had a flight credit for a cancelled COVID flight. The email didn’t have any details. Everything is now open, so I called back to use the credit. They told me the credit is expired. They said they made a policy to hard cancel credits May 31st, 2021. I ask did they send any notice out, and the supervisor told me it is the traveler’s responsibility. How in the heck can I be responsible for their cancellation date? How in the heck would a reputable company not send out a notice of their policy, with the credit. I think this airline is a joke! In the small scale, it is $90! But, I wonder how many people they cheated out of $90+?
RouteDallas Ft Worth to Las Vegas