Sun Country Airlines

"told me the credit is expired"

Not Verified | This airline sent me an email that said I had a flight credit for a cancelled COVID flight. The email didn’t have any details. Everything is now open, so I called back to use the credit. They told me the credit is expired. They said they made a policy to hard cancel credits May 31st, 2021. I ask did they send any notice out, and the supervisor told me it is the traveler’s responsibility. How in the heck can I be responsible for their cancellation date? How in the heck would a reputable company not send out a notice of their policy, with the credit. I think this airline is a joke! In the small scale, it is $90! But, I wonder how many people they cheated out of $90+?
RouteDallas Ft Worth to Las Vegas
Date FlownAugust 2020

"lack of efficiency, lack of response, lack of resources to aid customers"

Trip Verified | Supposed to return to DFW on July 1, 2021. They told us it was delayed. No problem. We get there, the SY staff informs us it's cancelled and if we need a hotel. We declined and asked our next steps, they told us to just go home and wait for an email and said they were unable to book flights - mildly frustrating. I understand flights get cancelled, but the staff essentially told us to just go home and wait for someone to reach out to us, which still hasn't happened in over 14 hours. Been on hold with SY for over an hour, put my number into the "call back" list over 8 hours ago and haven't received any call back - extremely frustrating. We receive an email saying we'll get a voucher for a new flight within 10 business days - absolutely unacceptable. A couple of extra days? Sure, maybe. 10 business days stranded is just plain wrong. No other phone number works, so I went back to the airport to get some additional information. All of the staff left. No SY agent anywhere in the airport. As of right now, we are stuck at our current destination with no idea of when we can return to DFW, as we haven't heard anything and cannot get a hold of anyone to help us with our issue. The unprofessionalism, lack of efficiency, lack of response, and lack of resources to aid customers is disappointing. I can say with confidence, I will never fly with this airline again. I've had other flights cancelled with American and other airlines, and they handled it with haste and professionalism - I have seen neither here.
RouteDallas Fort-Worth to Cozumel

"I was so disappointed"

Not Verified | I am writing based on an a poor experience I had with a Sun Country Airlines flight credit/voucher. Back in January 2020 I had made a flight reservation for my family from Denver to Minnesota for May 7, 2020. However because of the safety and health concerns and overall halt of essentially all activities related to the COVID pandemic, Sun Country offered me the opportunity to cancel my flight and for which I was issued a credit for future use. I was very pleased and grateful at the level of customer service Sun Country offered in such uncertain times-outside of anyone's control. However on June 28, 2021 as we are exiting the pandemic and the CDC has advised it is safe to travel again, I went to use my airline credit, only to find out that the credit has expired. After waiting for over an hour on the phone to talk to a customer service rep, I was met with hostility and an absolute disregard and resounding lack of accommodation or alternative to my situation. I consider traveling by air an expensive privilege and one that I am extremely grateful for but one I do not have the luxury of doing so very often. I am also conscious of cancelation/rescheduling charges and terms during normal times but during these unprecedented times, I think it is so important for businesses to value their customers and vise versa. I was so disappointed at the lack of transparency by Sun Country when this credit was issued and I was not fully informed that the credit would expire. The lack of transparency by Sun Country coupled with the uncertainty of traveling until deemed safe by CDC and federal officials made planning future plans almost impossible and now that it seems like the nation is in the clear, Sun Country has made it unattainable for me. The lack of regard, customer service and appreciation for its customers during this critical time is why I am reluctant to use Sun Country again. If this is how Sun Country is treating all of its customers during this time, its a shame.
RouteDenver to Minnesota
Date FlownJuly 2020

"refused to give a refund"

Not Verified | My partner and I booked a flight with Sun Country last year. The flight had to be cancelled a couple months later due to COVID. Sun Country told us that, because of the pandemic, they couldn't offer us a refund and would have to give us a flight credit instead. We were not told about an expiration date, and were not given any extra confirmation or verification for this credit. I called customer service recently to look up my credit, and it had supposedly expired a month prior. I was told there was nothing I could do about this. Sun Country took our money, cancelled our flight, refused to give a refund, and is now refusing to let us reschedule. Reading other reviews, I see I am not the only one having this experience. Sun Country needs to make this right.
RouteMinneapolis to Portland
Date FlownMay 2021

"I was so disappointed in this whole experience"

Trip Verified | We have flown Sun Country for years and have always had pretty good experiences. Well, that officially ended today. We booked a short trip before the pandemic to get a little break from our toddler before our second baby came. We never actually went on the trip though: Sun Country cancelled the flight because of the pandemic. Fine. We understood. My husband immediately called Sun Country to see if we could get a refund. They refused but did send us an email about an electronic credit we could use toward a future booking. There was nothing in the email about the credit expiring. Today, I tried to use the credit toward a new flight. The website said the voucher was worth $0. So I called the helpline and spent over two hours on hold and speaking to two different agents (after getting hung up on by the first one when being "transferred" to a supervisor). First they tried to say we couldn't use the credit because their records showed that my husband had cancelled the flight, which isn't true. We booked through Bookit.com, and they sent us an email saying they would cancel the flight within the next 7 days if Sun Country didn't cancel it first. My husband didn't call until the flight was actually cancelled. Once we had that established, they said it didn't matter because the credit was only valid for a year from the date it was issued. I told them the email we received about the credit had no expiration date or even a disclaimer that it would expire at all. They said they sent two more emails about it expiring, which we conveniently never received. After getting hung up on by the first agent who was supposed to be transferring me to her supervisor, I had to call back and wait on hold for another 30 minutes to start the whole process over again with a new agent, who said her supervisor had reviewed our case and denied the credit, so she wouldn't even speak to me. I told the second agent I was so disappointed in this whole experience that we wouldn't be flying with them in the future, and she said, "I understand. Is there anything else I can help you with?" Yep-you can transfer me to Delta Airlines. And please don't hang up on me this time.
RouteMinneapolis to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2020

"this will be my last time flying with this company"

Not Verified | The plane landed and the company sent the bags to the wrong baggage claim, somehow sent it to Spirit Airline baggage claim, and as a result two of our bags were either taken or never showed up. This was my first experience with this company, and it is needless to say this will be my last time flying with this company. I would give this a zero star review if it was possible.
RouteMinneapolis to Philadelphia
Date FlownJune 2021

"not clear on it's COVID cancellation voucher expiration"

Not Verified | This airline is not clear on it's COVID cancellation voucher expiration. I did not receive any notification on the expiration for rebooking my flight and now have lost the flight completely. I don't know how good this airline is in reality but you know, I'll never find out. I will never book another flight with this airline again. I would suggest others to steer clear of Sun Country Airlines as well.
RoutePortland to San Francisco
Date FlownJune 2021

"tray table was very dirty"

Trip Verified | My tray table was very dirty Kleenex stuffed inside and the table was dirty. I told the flight attendant she said I think we are out of wipes and walked away and did not come back or said anything more. T guy in the next row asked for a wipe and he got one right away - not happy.
RouteProvidence to Minneapolis
Date FlownJune 2021

"I’m so done with this airline"

Trip Verified | I’m so done with this airline, I wouldn’t fly it if it’s the only option I have. The employees clearly hate their jobs and treat the customers very poorly. I had a woman yell at me as I was standing with my parents while they were checking in because we were traveling together. She was the only one checking bags and moving at a snails pace which caused my parents to miss their flight because they were 2 minutes late in checking their bags. Then neglected to tell them they would be flying standby the following day. This is just one example of the customer experience I have had with this airline. Avoid at all costs!
RouteMinneapolis to San Diego
Date FlownJune 2021

"We will never fly Sun Country Airlines"

Trip Verified | Spoke with an agent to see if I could get a voucher, to fly at a later date, as my husband has Covid. Unable to get a voucher, as agent stated, Sun Country no longer has Covid Rules in place, all customers can fly Sun Country airlines even if you have Covid. So no voucher, but more concerned that the information is not accurate. I only had a one way to MN with Sun Country, my returning flight was with Frontier and I was given vouchers, immediately, 3 of us flying and all given vouchers. I fly to MN many times during the year as does my family flying from MN to Denver. We will never fly Sun Country Airlines. Thanks to Frontier for working with us and slowing us to fly at a later date.
RouteDenver to Minneapolis