Sun Country Airlines

"my baggage never arrived"

Trip Verified | On February 14 I flew from Newark to San Diego to visit my husband who has been deployed. Customer service from the get go was terrible, but I was able to overlook the rude employees, and lack of inflight entertainment because, my flights were on time and I arrived in San Diego in one piece. Turns out my baggage never arrived in San Diego, there was not a single Sun Country employee available in the airport to help me or the 6 other passengers who were missing luggage. Nothing was offered up front, a voucher or even a tooth brush. We called the airline and were told the bag would be expedited and would meet me in San Diego TWO days later, I was only in town for three. It is going on day 14 and I have still not received my luggage, which I am told never actually left Newark airport! However, when I called to say I would just pick the bag up I was told, despite emails saying Sun Country has found my bag, that they can not confirm where the bag is! They will also not reimburse me for the items I had to purchase until I am “reunited“ with my luggage or it has been missing 45 days! The worst part is I have had to call the airline every day and not once received a call from them. I have only received emails while on the phone with customer service or after threatening to file a complaint with the DOT. But even those emails have been vague and offer no follow up. I’m giving them until the end of today to get me some information and then I will file my complaint with the Department of Transportation. Think twice before you fly with this airline and if you do I recommend carry on only!
RouteNewark to San Diego

"worst customer service"

Not Verified | Denver to Minneapolis. Flight delays are a normal party off travel. That said, how they are handled speaks volumes about the airline. Sun Country may have the worst customer service of any airline I have dealt with. After three phone calls and two promises that a manager would call me back, nothing. They don't care about taking responsibility for problems they create, and their agents have no problem flat out lying to customers.
RouteDenver to Minneapolis

"worst airline experience"

Not Verified | I have been a long time user of Sun country and usually have a group of 12 or more when we do go since 2009. This last trip to the Bahamas on 2/15 and back from the Bahamas on 2/22 was the worst airline experience I have ever had! We were late leaving MSP by 1 hour because you lost your log book and YOU didn't have the food stocked on the plane. There was no entertainment. Wish we would have known that before hand. Then we lost another hour because when we got to the Bahamas they didn't have a gate for us since we were an hour late! I paid for a limo for our group and had to pay an extra $100 for him to sit there and wait. Then on our way back you were delayed out of NAS. We were to arrive at MSP 3:45 - we didn't arrive until 4:45 and our luggage didn't come out until 5:45. On the flight back we finally had entertainment but no headphones were offered.
RouteMinneapolis to Nassau
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Customer service is poor"

Trip Verified | Ft Myers to Minneapolis. Do not fly this operation unless you are in a pinch or financially strapped. They are by far the worst! I wouldn’t even call them an airline. It’s a charter operation. Customer service is poor, they are habitually late, they nickel and dime you for everything. There is a reason that after almost 40 years in business they only have 25 airplanes and 350 pilots. I will hopefully never have to fly Sun Country again.
RouteFt Myers to Minneapolis
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"never fly Sun Country ever again"

Trip Verified | Dallas Ft Worth to Minneapolis. Decided to fly Sun Country despite being three hours away from the nearest airport because the rate was so much less expensive. We were supposed to depart at 7:30 PM on February 9th. Throughout the day I received delay notifications via email, the final one stating the flight would leave at 11:30. Around 7 PM we were notified the flight was being canceled and rescheduled for the next morning at 10:30 AM. Food vouchers were offered. The next morning the 10:30 AM flight was again delayed with no explanation or updated time. Given I was going to miss my 1 PM meeting in Minneapolis I canceled my ticket and drove the three hours home. I wasted a lot of time, gas, and expenses for nothing. I will never fly Sun Country ever again. The Sun Country employees in Dallas did not make the situation any better. There was little to no communication and they seemed to be entertained by our frustrations. One employee said to another she was very happy to get the extra overtime pay.
RouteDallas Ft Worth to Minneapolis
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I then decided not to embark"

Trip Verified | I went to gate h1 at Minneapolis airport to take a flight to Orlando! At the time of boarding I was approached by a Sun Country employee, saying that my carry-on luggage could not board unless I paid an extra fee. They called the manager, who after checking my check-in ticket and that my hand luggage was included, it prevented my boarding and was still making fun of the situation, a moment that I then decided not to embark and look for a way to report the disrespect and lack of consideration of this which is the worst company area I already met!
AircraftB747-4
RouteMinneapolis to Orlando
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Semi par customer service"

Trip Verified | Mazatlan to Minneapolis. Never would I use this airline again. Our plaen left late from Mexico even though it was there in plenty of time. We arrived late at MSP which made us miss our connecting flight to Wausau which made us rent a car. We lost money for our connecting flight and had to pay to rent a car on top of that! Yes the flights may be cheaper but there is a reason for that. Semi par customer service, flight attendants were not the friendliest.
RouteMazatlan to Minneapolis
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Sun Country was pretty much flawless"

Trip Verified | St. Louis, MO to Tampa, FL. First, when flying a budget airline, you have to understand that’s exactly what you’re paying for. That being said, my experience with Sun Country was pretty much flawless. Check in was quick and easy, flight crew was friendly, food was just like any other “high end” airline flying economy, and the price was a fraction of the price as some of the bigger names. In all honesty, I did not see any difference between this flight and any flight I’ve taken with Southwest or American. You do pay for baggage, but the flight still ends up much cheaper overall. I even paid for an exit row with extra leg space and still paid about $200 less than any other airline. Flights left and arrived exactly on time and I would definitely recommend Sun Country to anyone and gladly fly with them again!
RouteSt. Louis, MO to Tampa, FL
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Not worth all the hassle"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I have ever flown with. I missed my first flight and bought another ticket the same exact day because I didn’t want to miss so many days on my trip and the next “stand by trip” was in 2 days and it was not a guaranteed flight! I am now currently sitting at the airport in another state with no one from Sun Country to give me my bags. They are hard to locate and access and have the worst support team. I came to the airport yesterday and today, wasted on parking just to find no one here. I’m on my “vacation” and have no luggage and have been wearing the same clothes for 2 days! And now I “maybe” have my luggage for tomorrow so that will be 3 days with nothing on my trip. Every other airline is here and laughs at my face when I say I asked for with Sun Country because everyone knows how bad the service is. I bought my tickets 2 times to end up in some state with nothing on me. Never again will I fly with this company. I have never had such a stressful and struggled so much on a “vacation.” They guaranteed me my bag was here but if there is no one from Sun Country I will not get my bag till they feel like coming into work. Not worth all the hassle just go to another airline. The flight feels cheap and the planes are super crowded as well!! Not worth what you pay for in any way. You can barely walk through the isles and the “food” is the worst, no one ever orders anything. I have never been so I unpleased with a company this is ridiculous! Just go to any other airline please!
RouteMinneapolis to Miami
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no value with this farce of an airline"

Trip Verified | This is a clueless airline, you will get zero communication that is correct. You will be delayed going and coming back, you will wait over 45 minutes for your bags at St Louis, and they will send you to incorrect area to pick up oversize bags, and they have no relationship with the St Louis airport which means you will get no information or cooperation. Because they have no status in St Louis, you will be the last plane de-iced which is why they left us on the tarmac for over 1.5 hours before taking off. Those flight specials aren't even close to special after the add-ons hit you. Absolutely no value with this farce of an airline.
RouteSt. Louis to Tampa