Sun Country Airlines

"no representative and a lost bag"

Trip Verified | Minneapolis to Chicago. I’m stranded Chicago O'Hare at 4pm, with no representative and a lost bag. Been on hold for an hour with customer support. By far the worst flight experience ever and now with loss of personal belongings to boot. I hope this company fails.
RouteMinneapolis to Chicago

"Absolutely terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Minneapolis. Absolutely terrible experience all around (flight staff were great actually). It's been awhile since I have flown and I remember Sun Country actually caring about their customers. Their hidden fees with baggage and their complete lack of transparency with delays prompted me to write my first airline review ever. They will have plenty of first time fliers until they realize how horrendous of an experience it is flying with them.
RouteSeattle to Minneapolis
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Worst experience I’ve had"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Orlando via Minneapolis. First thing the airline was delayed they didn’t even have the courtesy to let us know that the airline or delayed or something. Connecting via Minneapolis I had to run because my flight was leaving in 5min when I arrived. Made it to Orlando in time but I didn’t get my luggage. I asked everywhere but no one seem to know. I went to their counter upstairs but no one was there, terrible experience I had , i paged then using the passenger phones, but no one came down to assist me. I waited almost 2hrs just to get my luggage, even now I’m still standing here no one is here to assist. Please don’t ever waste your money flying with this airline. Worst experience I’ve had when traveling
RouteSan Francisco to Orlando via Minneapolis

"was great to fly with"

Trip Verified | Portland to St Louis. I'm happy I see for myself about things and not always go by reviews. Sun Country was great to fly with to and from my destination. Staff was friendly and provided good service both directions. Sun Country was very accommodating with my luggage that should have been checked. Helping me put it overhead because it was too heavy. Sorry Sun Country won't do that again. I was able to move seat because the plan wasn't full and I really enjoyed have my own row.
RoutePortland to St Louis
Date FlownJuly 2019

"First and last time with this airline"

Trip Verified | Portland to San Francisco. First and last time flying with this airline. They charge $30 for hand luggage, $7 to assign a seat. Boarding was chaotic, the plane had technical problems, 1 hour waiting inside the cabin. During the trip, the air conditioner was set to the lowest temperature possible, everybody was freezing. Asked for a coffee and got and got a cup with hot water and an a package with generic instant coffee!
RoutePortland to San Francisco

"Terrible. Egregious"

Trip Verified | Portland to Minneapolis. Terrible. Egregious. Horrendous. From scheduling to customer policy. We had a flight scheduled from 7:25 and got delayed to at least 11 AM. It was for a job interview and now the employer is backing away. Sun Country literally did not care and offered me a refund for their late flight - that’s it. Do not fly pay the extra money.
RoutePortland to Minneapolis
Date FlownAugust 2019

"customer service is terrible"

Not Verified | Portland to Minneapolis. Terrible airline. Flight got delayed 4 times. You know that happens. But the problem is the customer service is terrible! The communication was extremely poor letting us all know the delay and what to do. They moved us to 4 different gates. 4 hour delay. Oh and the plane is awful too, terrible seats.
RoutePortland to Minneapolis

"absolutely positive experience"

Trip Verified | I was very nervous to fly Sun Country after all the terrible reviews but both ways I had an absolutely positive experience. Very nice staff, and although you have to pay extra for everything it still ends up being cheaper than the others. Take offs and landings were right on time, and everything flowed smooth... I would without a doubt use them again. Way better than Southwest!
RouteNashville to Portland
Date FlownJuly 2019

"doesn’t care about their customers"

Not Verified | Chicago to Portland via Minneapolis. Sun Country doesn’t care about their customers. Their customer service line wait time is always over 90 minutes (I have called 12 times, and have been told to either call a different line, have been disconnected, or have been told that I’ll receive e-mail correspondence — which I have yet to receive). Their service and airport agents have no idea what’s going on, I receive inconsistent information from ever person I speak with. I am waiting on reimbursement from the airline and have been pushed around by agents, made to feel inferior by customer service agents, and told that my experience doesn’t matter to them. My flight was delayed and then cancelled, I have not received compensation, compensation which I was told very clearly I would receive in the form of travel reimbursement and per diem. Sun Country is the worst airline I have ever had the displeasure of working with.
RouteChicago to Portland via Minneapolis
Date FlownJuly 2019

"attendants were professional yet friendly"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Portland to Nashville. My guess is that someone read the reviews here and elsewhere and decided to do something about it. I travel more than 100,000 a year and had to fly to Nashville. Sun Country had the only direct flight and at half the cost of other airlines. I was prepared for the worst but figured it's only 4 hours so I will survive. I did splurge the $30 for the exit seats. Best $30 I ever spent. To begin with, check-in was blazing fast, I only had a back-pack. Everyone was smiling and courteous at the counter and the gate. The plane was clean, the flight attendants were professional yet friendly. Take off and landing smoothly as a baby's bottom. Since I'm not the only one to give them high marks in the last few reviews I can only deduct that someone read the reviews and acted on them. Good for them. That's how you show you care about your business.
RoutePortland to Nashville