Sun Country Airlines

"Not worth all the hassle"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I have ever flown with. I missed my first flight and bought another ticket the same exact day because I didn’t want to miss so many days on my trip and the next “stand by trip” was in 2 days and it was not a guaranteed flight! I am now currently sitting at the airport in another state with no one from Sun Country to give me my bags. They are hard to locate and access and have the worst support team. I came to the airport yesterday and today, wasted on parking just to find no one here. I’m on my “vacation” and have no luggage and have been wearing the same clothes for 2 days! And now I “maybe” have my luggage for tomorrow so that will be 3 days with nothing on my trip. Every other airline is here and laughs at my face when I say I asked for with Sun Country because everyone knows how bad the service is. I bought my tickets 2 times to end up in some state with nothing on me. Never again will I fly with this company. I have never had such a stressful and struggled so much on a “vacation.” They guaranteed me my bag was here but if there is no one from Sun Country I will not get my bag till they feel like coming into work. Not worth all the hassle just go to another airline. The flight feels cheap and the planes are super crowded as well!! Not worth what you pay for in any way. You can barely walk through the isles and the “food” is the worst, no one ever orders anything. I have never been so I unpleased with a company this is ridiculous! Just go to any other airline please!
RouteMinneapolis to Miami
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no value with this farce of an airline"

Trip Verified | This is a clueless airline, you will get zero communication that is correct. You will be delayed going and coming back, you will wait over 45 minutes for your bags at St Louis, and they will send you to incorrect area to pick up oversize bags, and they have no relationship with the St Louis airport which means you will get no information or cooperation. Because they have no status in St Louis, you will be the last plane de-iced which is why they left us on the tarmac for over 1.5 hours before taking off. Those flight specials aren't even close to special after the add-ons hit you. Absolutely no value with this farce of an airline.
RouteSt. Louis to Tampa
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Minneapolis to Las Vegas. I understand its a cheap airline, but seriously everything that could go wrong did go wrong! Outrageous baggage prices, rude customer service, delayed flights both coming and going, and not just an hour delay, but a 7 hour delay going and a 4 hour delay coming back. Ridiculous! No explanation or apology, we just had to sit and wait while they flew a different plane in for us from Minneapolis which was 5 hours away! Then when we arrived in Madison, Wisconsin 5 hours late, at 4am it took 45 minutes for us to get out bags. I will never fly this airline again and if you were smart you wont either.
RouteMinneapolis to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not even a tiny bag of pretzels"

Trip Verified | Liberia to Minneapolis. Flew with Sun Country over the holidays to Costa Rica. Started off the trip with there system crashing and waiting over two hours in line to check in. Flight attendants were rude and unenjoyable to me. I felt uncomfortable asking them for assistance or service due to short responses. I understand SunCountry is a budget airline but for a 5 and a half hour flight they only had two rounds of beverage service not even a tiny bag of pretzels as a snack. The cherry on top was after arriving back to Minneapolis I was in the global entry line as was the flight attendants and an older couple. The older couple was waiting to be called and were fumbling with their paper and was called which they didn’t see. Instead of telling the older couple they were up the flight attendant completely walked around them to the customs agent rudely. So much for hometown airline kindness from the staff.
RouteLiberia to Minneapolis

"Worst flying experience"

Not Verified | Seattle to Minneapolis. Worst flying experience in my life. Rude flight attendants that hit me in the shoulder no less than 15 times. Hard enough to knock me into the person sitting in the middle seat. No gates for boarding or getting off the plane. Had to pack onto a shuttle bus and stand to get a ride from the terminal out to the plane on the tarmac. Paid $40 extra for priority boarding but everyone else was packed on the same shuttle. There’s a waisted $40. Another passenger started yelling profanities at another passenger. Another passenger sitting behind us was displaying his karaoke skills at midnight. Then his earbuds disconnected and his music was on loud for all passengers to hear. No flight attendants around. We had to tell him to turn it down. Seats were tiny, hard and no head rest.
RouteSeattle to Minneapolis
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Do not fly this airline"

Not Verified | Our flight from Dallas Fort-Worth to Las Vegas was delayed by an hour and fifteen minutes. We boarded the plane on time, but the rude agent was hustling the passengers along like a herd of cattle and was very rude. My companion and I were told we would be seated in emergency exit seats and asked if that was okay. Both my companion and I responded yes, but the agent looked at my friend of Mexican descent (and speaks very good English) and had the audacity to look at him and say, “do you even speak English?” He had clearly responded to this woman when I did and accepting the responsibility of sitting at an exit seat. It was a one word response and she couldn’t understand him? The fact is, it was she that was difficult to understand because she speaking so fast and not enunciating. On top of that, we enter the very cramped plane with no leg room only to sit on the tarmac for another hour and a half! Also, this airline is not at all well staffed. It was so weird seeing a ticket agent (or whatever she was) the directing the plane out to the runway. Now, we are awaiting our return flight to DFW and the plane is again delayed by approximately an hour and a half. Do not fly this airline! If this were the only airline flying, I would choose the drive to my destination than take this airline. Yes, I’m completely serious.
RouteLas Vegas to Dallas-Fort Worth

"Horrible horrible service"

Not Verified | Minneapolis to New Orleans. This is the worst airline I have ever used and would not recommend it to anyone. Our flight was delayed two hours on the way to our destination and two hours on the way home without an explanation. My son came in tonight from Colorado and his flight was delayed three hours. Again without an explanation. Very expensive to check a bag. Flight crew was not friendly. Horrible horrible service. Do not fly with Sun Country Airlines.
RouteMinneapolis to New Orleans
Date FlownDecember 2019

"attendants were bossy rude"

Not Verified | San Francisco to Minneapolis. Flight attendants were bossy rude. Made a comment to another passenger and flight attendant overheard our conversation and she quickly spouted off in a snotty tone “Just doing my job”. Also hot warm beverages on the flight! Have never known an airline to not have coffee. For being over staffed with flight attendants, you would think coffee could have been available and staff wouldn’t be so snippy or overworked. Flight 396. It appears that Sun Country service has declined and we have been loyal to this airline for years. For future travels, we’ll be flying a different airline and we’ll recommend to others to do the same.
RouteSan Francisco to Minneapolis
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Worst airline we have flown"

Trip Verified | Worst airline we have flown. Baggage fees charged were higher than what is posted online, usb charger and in flight WiFi did not work, flight was delayed over an hour and horrible service from flight attendants. Will not use Sun Country Airlines again and do Not recommend it. I sent a detailed message about the multiple problems we experienced on our first flight with SC. They offered us a $10 voucher on a future flight- insulting to say the least.
RouteMinneapolis to Sacramento

"forced to pay $40 each"

Not Verified | Portland to San Diego. The staff at airport was very rude. Both of my friend and I carried a backpack which we always use when traveling. But we were forced to pay $40 each. This is a ridiculous because the bag packs are always used and never be charged by any other airline! I will never fly this airline again, the flight was delayed again and again.
RoutePortland to San Diego