Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines customer review

First time with Southwest as they have only recently begun servicing Newark. EWR-SAN connecting in PHX and Chicago-Midway. Booked hotel and rental car as well. Very pleased with the over all experience. Everything was exactly as stated. I enjoyed the extra inch of legroom compared to my usual airline (Continental). Flight attendants friendly and helpful with frequent offerings of refreshments and snacks. I would like to see them expand their Newark service because I would use them any day.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Southwest avoids punishing customers with extra fees such as change cancellation or bag check fees where possible. If you happen to check your bags late they will accept them and try their best to get them on the plane often faster than you can make it to the gate. If it's too late to check the bags they will place them on the next flight. A-List membership allowed me to bypass check-in and security lines and get preferred boarding almost always resulting in 'first class' seating in the emergency exit row. Companion Pass allowed me to travel around the country with a good friend on the weekends I wasn't commuting for a whole year. Personalized birthday and holiday cards were also nice touches.

Southwest Airlines customer review

It's very little hassle flights are almost always on time customer service is great. I enjoy the occasional jokes over the PA and the creative ways of doing the safety briefing. I like the first come-first seated policy. In terms of their cabins I find that they have good leg room that's a big selling point for me at 6'2.

Southwest Airlines customer review

My wife and I have flown Southwest often in the past. We've watched the past couple years as Southwest has made cutbacks and the value of their service has declined. Our primary frustration with Southwest comes from a recent flight where we were abandoned in the Denver airport. We arrived at our departure gate in Austin to find the plane running late. When we landed in Denver I checked our connection to see that it was boarding. We arrived to see they had closed the door. We were frustrated that they wouldn't hold the plane for a few minutes to allow connecting passengers to board. We spent the night in a chilly airport and offered no dinner or breakfast voucher.

Southwest Airlines customer review

PHX-GEG roundtrip. Stop in OAK each way with change of planes outbound. Good trip all flights on time. Seats comfortable FA's were friendly. Only complaint would be collecting bag in PHX upon return. Took over 45 mins at when only 3-4 other flights there. Apparently the conveyor belt kept jamming but they stopped/started no less than 4 times before it was spitting out bags so fast everyone was having issues getting their bags off the belt.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I loved the fact that their system for boarding a plane uses physical structure as well as simple written and verbal directions. It's very effective. I liked that I could choose from multiple snacks and take multiple bags if I wanted. The stewardesses were very friendly.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Will use this airline again when travelling in the US. We flew San Diego to Las Vegas and SW was the only one that offered a direct flight at less than half the price and as a family of 7 we got to sit together. The flight attendants were very friendly.

Southwest Airlines customer review

In the past I have always been very happy with Southwest however after today I am extremely upset. I had purchased a ticket of which I was not able to use. They were able to extend the unused ticket for 1 year. Today I called to attempt to use the ticket only to find out that I will not be able to use the credit as my trip is 2 weeks beyond the 1 year mark. I called customer service to request an extension ($50.00 fee of which I would happily pay). I am told that I have to wait for the credit to expire prior to their ability to extend the credit. I would then take the risk of not being able to get the flights I need for my upcoming trip. Poor Customer Service Southwest.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Never flying Southwest again. Their boarding/seating process is horrible and needlessly stressful; their "new hip" thing among flight staff is really annoying. My fiancé and I flew across the country to get married last weekend. Of course we wanted to sit together on the 5 hour flight. But with the ridiculous system of no assigned seats there was no way to assure this. On the way back we got stuck in separate seats surrounded by a yelling and singing boy scout troop. To make things worse the flight attendants cranked up the volume on the PA system and sang the safety demonstration. In fact all announcements were done in song. This should be illegal. They seemed to think it was clever but it was a real nightmare to be strapped into one of those tiny seats surrounded by pimply screaming boy scouts and then endure warbling flight attendants blasting through the overhead speakers. A truly horrible airline. I will pay double triple quadruple to avoid flying Southwest. I will walk or crawl across the country rather than fly with these people.

Southwest Airlines customer review

This was my first time flying Southwest. I've used United an Delta most other times and now I know why. There is absolutely no room on these planes. your knees are all but touching the seat in front of you and the seats are way too small. I weigh 128lbs and I was very uncomfortable. I was hot and miserable. The captain never spoke to us during the flight. I've never had that happen with any other airline.