Southwest Airlines

"his flight had been cancelled"

Not Verified | I flew my son home with Southwest from college for spring break. During the stay we were notified that his flight had been cancelled. I immediately emailed and called and actually since we could not find a return flight under 1000 on a one day notice , I waited on hold 7 hours (I can prove this). Not only did no one answer, no one has answered my numerous emails. Since that time I canceled my Southwest cc and refuse to ever endorse or recommend them I am reaching out to see what sort of legal recourse I have.
RouteIndianapolis to Orlando
Date FlownApril 2022

"unprofessional business practices"

Trip Verified | What a scam airline. Everyone should know this scam they are pulling while bragging about no bag fees. This is there only selling point. They know they would lose 50% of their customers overnight if they started bag fees. There check in procedure is set up to make you want to use your points to upgrade. I was waiting to check in with my laptop and phone through there own app. Conveniently enough, when 24 hour check time came up, the website and app took 3 minutes to come up with the check in button. By the time it did and I was able to hit check in, I was given end of B group. I immediately called southwest to find out what was wrong with there system. The lady said nothing was wrong, BUT, we can upgrade you for 25,000 points to put you in A 1-15. I jumped on it because I want to use my points up and will never fly southwest again. Will cancel my credit card that I have had since 04 and spend extra money for peace of mind travel, not games. Very unprofessional business practices.
RouteLos Angeles to Portland via Oakland

"Not a great flight!"

Not Verified | Paid for Early Bird Check-in and was still B34 (94 people plus families with kids ahead of me). Was told by agent it doesn't guarantee a better boarding number and that it was better than having a C boarding. My husband was only a couple of numbers behind me and we didn't pay for Early Bird for him. Wondering what I'm actually paying for if not a better place in line so I could get an isle seat. The flight was totally full so I got stuck in the middle. Only one of 3 flight attendants was friendly. Not a great flight!!
RouteOrange County to San Jose
Date FlownJune 2022

"you get what you pay for"

Trip Verified | I paid for earlier bird special 80 bucks to get a boarding number of B 38 great value. Flight was canceled had to leave 4 hours later. I talked with an agent at the counter only to catch attitude. Personally I’m only flying Southwest because the were the cheapest. Like the old saying goes you get what you pay for. PS I was suppose to get a call back in 15 minutes, it’s been over a day now and still no call.
RoutePhoenix to Las Vegas
Date FlownJune 2022

"Southwest cancelled last minute"

Trip Verified | My children were set to fly today with their grandparents for a nice trip to Florida, as school and daycare are not covered this week, it seemed like a win win, until Southwest got involved. I took them to the airport and Southwest cancelled last minute with no flights leaving to the destination for 3 days. Somehow though, the checked bags are all flying to the original destination but with no passengers, so what is going on? We asked and they cant answer. Southwest claims weather and therefore wont refund the ticket price but yet the bags are flying there right now? So what is going? But they claim weather and wont discuss refunds or credits. You ruined their vacation, screwed us on daycare this week and there is important medication on those bags not to mention my kids clothes but we wont get them back for three day plus according to Southwest. Unbelievable. I used to fly west Southwest for all of my work travel but I will never fly Southwest again for business or pleasure. Get your act together Southwest, this is completely unacceptable.
RouteBaltimore to Jacksonville
Date FlownMay 2022

"avoid flying Southwest"

Trip Verified | Sarasota to Denver. Flew on 061922 with two children from Denver to Sarasota, with a layover in Indianapolis. Flew back on the 25th with a layover in Dallas. On the way there I got a text message from Southwest that my flight had been delayed by hours. Luckily I was in the airport when I got the message and could determine the flight had been delayed, but by less than an hour. Gate attendants were unable to explain the reason for the incorrect message. Flying back, I got another text before leaving for the airport that the flight was delayed by hours. I checked the website and found this was another incorrect message from Southwest and the delay was again less than an hour. I found other customer reviews indicating many others had received similar text messages from Southwest and the inconvenience and expense for some had been significant. There were enough reviews that Southwest had to be aware of the problem for some time and had not fixed it. I’ll be doing everything I can to avoid flying Southwest in the future.
RouteSarasota to Denver
Date FlownJune 2022

"Very disappointed with Southwest Airlines"

Not Verified | Very disappointed with Southwest Airlines! The original flight was canceled approximately 2 hours before flight. Family was traveling to the airport causing lost time, expenses, and confusion. No other flight were available. After almost an hour delay the airline finally answered the phone. A wasted 2 hour trip to the airport only to turn around and drive home. Flight was rescheduled 1 week later and early bird check in was dropped. Unbelievable hassle. Not to mention the loss of time spent with my son, who visits just a few weeks a year.
RouteTampa to Albany
Date FlownJune 2022

"this has been a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Currently ongoing. Typically have recommended this airline, but this has been a horrible experience. Our flight from STL to Portland, ME had our connecting flight in Baltimore canceled. Customer service was horrid and had to eat money on 2 hotel rooms for that night; the impromptu one and the originally scheduled one. Lost a full 24 hours waiting on the flight we got rebooked for. On the rebooked flight, we paid extra for A-boarding, but due to their system issue or something their personnel forgot to do in the computer with pur luggage, we got kicked out of line and had to go to customer service; nothing about us getting refunded that money. Now, flying back from Portland via Chicago to STL, showed up to airport and flight immediately delayed 2 hours. As plane touched down and getting ready to board, announced another 45 minute delay due to "weather." Checked weather in Chicago: beautiful. Weather here: beautiful. Weather in-between: nothing. It's all staff, but they're walking all over their customers using Weather as an excuse to keep from compensating anyone.
RoutePortland to Chicago via St Louis
Date FlownJune 2022

"their customer service absolutely awful!"

Not Verified | As my departure time neared, I received several messages over the course of 2 hours. Each indicating an additional delay. This now meant I had no hope of making my connecting flight. I called to reschedule for the next possible flights to my destination. After waiting a half hour on hold, I explained my situation to a human, and was asked to be put on hold while he found me another flight. As I had already looked up possible flight schedules, I thought this would be a quick hold, as there were very few possibilities. After 40 minutes on hold, I was hung up on. Now, I have to call back. This time it only took 15 minutes to get a human, so I should consider myself lucky, right? I explained everything over again, and apologized if I sounded irate (which I was). This time, I just told the woman which flight I wanted. I then inquired about what she could do to make me feel better about flying Southwest, ever again in the future. I suggested a simple upgrade to 'A' on my boarding pass, to get me on the plane earlier, so I might get a window seat. This would have cost the airline nothing, and would have made me feel like they were actually sorry about my being quite inconvenienced. She said she couldn't do that, but could give me a discount on my next flight (which would cost them). I told her I didn't want a coupon for a flight I might never take, and she asked if I'd like to speak to someone about it. I said that I would like to speak with a supervisor, and was about to insist on not being put on hold, when...I was put on hold. I'm not one to give up easily, so I waited on hold... for an hour and a half, before I was forced to hang up because I had to leave home for my new flight at 3am, and it was almost 11pm. Now I'm going to be late for an appointment at my destination and get only 4 hours of sleep. I have great respect for Southwest flight personnel, but their customer service absolutely awful! And, I'm unlikely to fly with them again, because of that.
Aircraft737-800
RouteAlbany NY to Chicago (Midway) via Oklahoma City OK
Date FlownJune 2022

"Southwest Airlines is a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Southwest Airlines is a nightmare. I have never encountered airline staff so horrific in my lifetime. When we arrived at our gate to board 10 minutes early, they yelled at us to haul our butts on board and that we were “late”. Except they failed to tell us that our actual flight was at another gate, instead, all 3 staff members yelled that we were on a different flight and how dare we try to board this one…except this was the gate and time our tickets stated. They refused to even look at our tickets to find out which gate they moved our flight to. After 10 minutes of sitting feeling confused, I went back up to them and asked where we were supposed to board our flight that our tickets said was boarding at that time and that exact gate we were waiting at. The guy sheepishly realized that they just about caused us to miss our flight which had been moved 10 gates down…instead of letting us know right away, they shamed us for following the information on our tickets and demanded we get out of their faces. Unbelievable.
RouteKahului to Honolulu