Southwest Airlines

"stealing customer’s money"

Trip Verified | Southwest in the middle of a global pandemic is stealing customer’s money, the airline is are begging for tax payer bail outs but refusing to work with customers when they have elderly or family member with serious medical conditions that make it unsafe for them to fly with the covid-19 fully knowing that people with compromised immune systems are at a higher risk. I’m sorry to rant but this is frustrating we should not allow these airline companies steal from Tax Payers and then turn around and beg for a bail out.
RoutePortland to New Orleans

"Incredibly disappointed"

Trip Verified | Incredibly disappointed in a company I’ve trusted for so many years. A company known for outstanding customer service. Southwest Airlines not only cancelled my late July flight with no notice, when I log into my account to book another flight is when I see I have no upcoming trips so I call customer service only to be told sorry it’s out of our control we can issue you a refund within 30 days. It certainly didn’t take them 30 days to collect my money when I trusted them to book a flight with them. Unfortunately they have permanently lost a customer, not acceptable Southwest Airlines.
RouteGreenville to San Diego
Date FlownNovember 2019

"behave in a really human manner"

Not Verified | Tampa to Havana. I been traveling continuously with Southwest airline since 12/2016 once a month at least. The most remarkable thing i like about this airline its that every single time i traveled have been a "on time" flight. Other than a rude employee at TSA checking process never had a complaint. Last February 27 i did have a really stressful situation on board when my Son who have ASD (autism spectrum disorder) did not board the plane, even when he pass true TSA checking and was lined up at the boarding gate. All the sudden he disappear,at that time i was on board already. That situation make me feel a lot of emotions, from panic, shame, frustration etc. After 45 minutes of desperation the manager on charge have talk to me in a kindly manner and she offer to travel the next morning with out any charge. Even when there where some unconsidered and rude passengers on board they clarify that my son its a high sensitive passenger and they cant just depart with out take any action, at least look for him in the gates area. in my experience,they behave in a really human manner, more than just worried about business. For a LOT of reasons but this one specifically i have to THANKS all and every single one Southwest employees.
RouteTampa to Havana
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Bad service and bad website function"

Not Verified | The problem is really with the website and customer service. I was charged more than expected when I booked online, I had called to get it fixed and it was only partially addressed as I discovered when my credit card statement arrived. I called again and after spending an hour on the phone, I was told by the agent that he could not help me with anything involving charges to my credit card. I was stunned that we had spent so much time on the phone if he couldn't help with my issue. I asked why he didn't tell me this within the first few minutes of our call and he claimed that he wasn't allowed to tell me this. I asked him how he was allowed to tell me when he did if he wasn't allowed to tell me earlier and he said he didn't know but that was how he was told to do his job. The other scary part of this is even though I was using travel funds to pay for a ticket and the funds completely covered the cost of this ticket and yet somehow the system was able to charge my credit card without me entering the security code and approving the charge. Bad service and bad website function. They also charged me for early bird checking when they knew I wouldn't need it - I am disabled so I get to pre-board.
RouteDallas to Houston
Date FlownMarch 2020

"charge me a fee to refund my points"

Not Verified | My review has nothing to do with my last flight from Kansas to Seattle it has everything to do with my up coming trip from Kansas to New Orleans. My husband and I were set to go on a cruise leaving June 7th the cruise line canceled our trip due to COVID 19. I called to cancel our flight and they want charge me a fee to refund my points back to my account. I trip to talk to the SW representative and she hung up on me. I am a long time SW card holder and with the way I was treated I will be paying my card off and closing my account. Very rood and unacceptable behavior from SW customer service.
RouteKansas to to Seattle
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"truly the best of the best"

Not Verified | St Louis to Phoenix. Southwest really shows “luv” for its customers. In my opinion, they are truly the best of the best, sure there may be no meals, but for the lowest price possible you still get free drinks, a pleasant experience and free entertainment. Southwest also has no change fees, no baggage fees and amazing customer support. I’m from St. Louis and we don’t have a very big airport, but Southwest still is able to fly me anywhere in the country from my home airport, directly to where I’m going. On top of everything Southwest has the best flight attendants, they are so nice, caring and attentive. I can see why people only fly Southwest. Some people love all the features of other airlines but I think you should get out of your comfort zone and see the Southwest difference.
RouteSt Louis to Phoenix
Date FlownMarch 2020

"disregard for their loyal customers"

Not Verified | Much to my chagrin, Southwest has pulled the rug from under my feet. My well planned vacation to the wonderful world of Disney is falling apart. All because of Southwest Airlines' villainous change to my pre booked and confirmed airline flight that occurs two months from now. This shows a complete disregard for their loyal customers. Do we mean nothing to them? They changed a 10 o'clock flight to 7:30 am without my consent. Obviously for nothing but their own convenience. How am I supposed to drop my pooches off at their home away from home? This will not be possible now. Do they even care? From their email notification that I received after they changed the time, it does not appear so. Whatever executive made this horrendous decision should be shamed. I wish I could talk to their mother/parental figure and give them a piece of my mind. I have been on Southwest previously in my life, and their service was perfectly fine, but this experience has changed my opinion of them. Such a shame.
RouteRhode Island to Orlando
Date FlownMay 2019

"no one I spoke with showed an ounce of concern"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever! I was exposed to Covid and on doctors orders to stay in until further notice. Not only that but the destination of my trip had implemented a 14 day quarantine upon arrival. What am I supposed to do for 14 days in Texas? Missed flight for return and unprecedented expenses. How inconvenient not to consider refunds for lost causes. The customer service was down right rude and no one I spoke with showed an ounce of concern! I’m going to tell my story to anyone who will listen. This is ludicrous. A pandemic breaks out and a company that is receiving bailout from the government chooses to be greedy and not refund when families need their funds more now than ever. I’m off work, my husband off work and your organization won’t even display the decency to have a manager talk with an escalated call. Sorry Southwest! Y’all are officially trash!
RouteAtlanta to Dallas
Date FlownApril 2020

"doesn`t really care about you"

Not Verified | Tampa to Birmingham. My wife and daughter were scheduled to attend a gymnastic competition in Birmingham, Ala. The event was cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak. I thought that a refund would be given, especially since it was cancelled because of a pandemic, but they are telling no refund, we will give a credit that has an expiration date. This is unfair and shows a serious lack of concern for customers and I want to make sure that the word gets that, Southwest doesn`t really care about you and your situation, only their bottom line.
RouteTampa to Birmingham
Date FlownMarch 2020

"doesn’t care about their customers"

Trip Verified | Pittsburgh to Orlando. This review is not about my last flight, it is about the flight I had to cancel because of COVID 19 and my stepson having down syndrome. I have spoken with a few different representatives and only one has given me the feeling that she cares about me and my family but she doesn’t have the power to help! It seems all they care about is their money. With COVID 19 being such a problem to people with a breathing issue. It is most likely that my stepson will never be able to fly. These tickets could be refunded or transferred To another name and Southwest will not even let me speak to a Sr Manager. They have just closed the account without speaking with me. This is a worldwide problem, people had to shut their lives down and taking care of a child with special needs has shut our family down for who knows how long. Southwest Has shown me what is important to them and it’s surely not family and taking care of family! I highly recommend looking at all of your flight options before taking your flight with such a company that doesn’t care about their customers.
RoutePittsburgh to Orlando