Southwest Airlines

"you just lost a life long traveler"

Trip Verified | I’m currently sitting in the Houston Hobby airport fighting back tears of anger and frustration. Southwest should be ashamed of themselves but they are not. We landed from Harlingen at 9:04pm getting alerts that our flight home to St. Louis was delayed the minute airplane mode went off. Currently our flight home is a play pretend flight; as of this very moment the departure is scheduled for 2:19am and originally that departure was 9:55pm. We have no real scheduled flight home because the departure time is constantly being moved, the excuse is MCO weather bc that is the connecting flight however the gate next to ours is on time and flying into MCO, Southwest has no responsibility in the matter or to make anything right bc it’s “the weather’s fault”? I’m so disappointed. I exclusively fly Southwest. Say nice things (until now). Encourage and book trips that make y’all a lot of money. Even had one booked for 2 weeks from now that thanks to your lack of accountability I have plenty of time to cancel sitting in your airport waiting for my play pretend flight. The icing on the cake? Myself and my travel partner were offered a flight out in the morning if we chose to pay for our own accommodations due to the lack of accountability or give a damn by Southwest. Get your life together Southwest, you just lost a life long traveler on your airline but based on how you do things you obviously don’t care in the least.
RouteHarlingen to Saint Louis via Houston

"I would rather walk"

Not Verified | 3 hours before my flight they canceled it and booked it 15 hours later. I was forced to use another PTO day of work so now I’m down a PTO day because of them. I would rather walk from Boston to Denver than fly with them again. The last two times I flew with them, they put my luggage on the wrong flight and they delay every flight.
RouteBoston to Denver
Date FlownJuly 2022

"attendants were nice and relaxed"

Trip Verified | Out of the three different airlines I’ve flown with in the past couple of months, Southwest is by far the best. I’m not sure I would have thought that pre-pandemic, but they seem to have weathered the storm a little better than the others. The plane was cleaner, the attendants were nice and relaxed and the service was also superior to what I experienced with the others.
RouteTampa to Nashville
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Constantly reschedules your flights"

Not Verified | Constantly reschedules your flights, doesn't go anywhere direct and every flight is delayed. They pack planes way too full with no room and are always running late. Switching to a different airline after all the horrible experiences I've had.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Burbank
Date FlownJuly 2022

"am spending hundreds of extra dollars to never fly with Southwest again"

Trip Verified | I am tall to the point where I need special accommodation for seats, because of this I was a little worried when my family bought seats with Southwest, as they don't have a business class. Fortunately (I thought) a nice lady at the gate upgraded me to pre board. I had bought early boarding before and I thought this was an upgrade. Unfortunately the front row seats had gotten taken by the elderly and children, so I went back to exit row seats. With pre board you are not allowed to sit in the exit row though. While I appreciate the gate lady that "upgraded" me the flight attendants were rude about it and people that should have boarded after me anyways got the seats with enough leg room while my knees got embossed with the arm rests of the seats in front of me. I have canceled my return tickets and am spending hundreds of extra dollars to never fly with Southwest again.
RouteSan Jose to Kauai
Date FlownJuly 2022

"nothing but issues from the beginning to the end"

Trip Verified | Horrible, terrible, poor customer service. Unaccountability, inconsiderate, nothing but issues from the beginning to the end and more. They made me miss my flight, re-booked me, sent my luggage to the wrong location and charged me to get my luggage delivered.
RouteAtlanta, GA to Cancun, MX

"offered no assistance"

Not Verified | Plane was to depart at 4:00 PM. Flight was delayed then cancelled. Agents would not assist with rebooking, hotel accommodations, or anything else. Five adults and two children were left to fend for themselves. After talking with another agent a flight was found with seats at an airport over 30 miles away. Southwest did book us on the flight but offered no assistance in securing ground transportation. We had to use Uber (2) which we paid ourselves. We paid Southwest for priority seating and got boarding numbers B-20, and B-21. These numbers were not sufficient to be worth the extra charge. If Southwest can't promise boarding in A group they should not charge.
RouteBaltimore to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2022

"low fares and open seating"

Not Verified | In November of 2021, I flew Southwest Airlines to visit my family in Oklahoma City. Purchased EarlyBird check-in and had an A46 boarding position. We had a layover in Phoenix after flying in from San Diego, and our flight to OKC got delayed by about 2 hours, with our original 7 PM departure time being delayed to 9 PM. Talked to the gate agent and she said the delay was caused by our aircraft being delayed in Baltimore. Our aircraft had SWA's older Evolve cabin. I got about an hour of sleep before arriving in OKC. On the return trip, we flew to Denver where our plane had the newer Heart interior. The plane to San Diego had the Evolve cabin again. There was no delay, and we ended up getting back home to San Diego safely. Honestly, I like Southwest for their low fares and open seating.
RouteSan Diego to Oklahoma City via Phoenix
Date FlownNovember 2021

"suggest flying on another airline"

Trip Verified | Changed gates, delays, took 3 hours sitting on the plane. The only thing they told us that they were waiting on paperwork. I suggest flying on another airline. Even Frontier treats its customers better.
RouteDenver to Orange County
Date FlownAugust 2021

"his flight had been cancelled"

Not Verified | I flew my son home with Southwest from college for spring break. During the stay we were notified that his flight had been cancelled. I immediately emailed and called and actually since we could not find a return flight under 1000 on a one day notice , I waited on hold 7 hours (I can prove this). Not only did no one answer, no one has answered my numerous emails. Since that time I canceled my Southwest cc and refuse to ever endorse or recommend them I am reaching out to see what sort of legal recourse I have.
RouteIndianapolis to Orlando