Southwest Airlines

"I will not be refunded"

Not Verified | Chicago Midway to Denver. Adding my disappointment in what has been known as the airlines that have the best customer service and "caring" for their customers. I would expect them to take the lead on understanding and how they can help customers in these scary and challenging times. I also had an event canceled due to Coronavirus and it will not be rescheduled. So I will not be refunded. Or I can use this money for a year for something else, I guess I just pick a place to go to use the money, then also will have hotel and food fees, etc? we are not a family that can afford to just go somewhere to use this. Maybe something will come up that we have to go to in a year, who knows. But this has changed totally how I feel about Southwest Airlines and I will not choose them in the future. American airlines refunded my friend for a cancellation due to Coronavirus. Wrong move Southwest, wrong move.
RouteChicago Midway to Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"They are not issuing refunds"

Not Verified | Atlanta to Orlando. Never use this company! They are not issuing refunds during this unexpected epidemic. Families are struggling out here and may not want to travel within a year. They are not considering how they will need to have satisfied customers when this blows over. I would never fly or recommend them to anyone if this is the way you treat your customers.
RouteAtlanta to Orlando
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not going to refund my money"

Not Verified | Pittsburgh to Tampa Bay. My family had planned a trip to Florida to see our favorite team play in spring training then to the season opener in Tampa. Due to the pandemic and everything we had planned being post postponed or closed we are not able to go. Southwest are not going to refund my money, I have been lied to on different subjects by at least 3 different customer service reps. The last rep, who is supposed to be a senior customer service rep, pulled the act of god scenario on me. I can still use my credit till September, if this pandemic is over, but of course no one knows. So I am starting to accept the fact that I am going to lose almost $1,000. I’m just happy that Southwest is going to be ok.
RoutePittsburgh to Tampa Bay
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never fly Southwest again"

Not Verified | Grand Rapids to Tampa. I am supposed to fly March 28th I am elderly and want to cancel. I want a refund they won’t do it because it is not there policy. Other airlines have the same policy but have changed it because of what is going on! I will personally never fly Southwest again.
RouteGrand Rapids to Tampa
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I can’t get my money back"

Not Verified | Fort Lauderdale to San Antonio. As we all know things have become a lot more difficult these past few weeks. We are living in a global crisis. But. Southwest Airlines could care less so long as they get paid. Trying to cancel a flight that was booked before everything shut down. Before the threat of disease. And I’m told I can’t get my money back? This isn’t a regular circumstance. We are dealing with a global pandemic. But again. Nobody matters more than the almighty dollar. Nothing matters more than keeping those pockets lined does it? And people wonder why nobody has any faith in American consumerism. This is why. Because the only thing that matters is money. I will never do business with your institution again. . At the end of the day, you guys can keep your measly $500. Add that to the money you’ll get when you receive your bailout money from the government. You know, the money you “need” because we’re facing a global crisis. Imagine that. Quick to receive something because of extenuating circumstances but just as quick to hold fast to their “policy” when they have to do their part. Ah yes. Corporate America has never been brighter. Two words. Never. Again.
RouteFort Lauderdale to San Antonio
Date FlownMarch 2020

"feel like I have been robbed"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Chicago. Unfortunately due to the corona virus my family and I are not able to attend my brother's boot camp graduation. Southwest is not honoring the military families for not being able to make it. There shouldn't be a problem refunding the military families. I thought Southwest was promilitary but clearly they are not. This would have been my first time flying Southwest and honestly I won't ever use them again. I feel like I have been robbed. Where is the human kindness?
RouteLas Vegas to Chicago
Date FlownMarch 2020

"helped us get our flight bumped up"

Not Verified | Fort lauderdale to Nashville. I have anxiety when flying. A wonderful woman helped us get our flight bumped up and gave me preboarding so I could bring my husband on with me and get seats together. We had just been stuck on an extended stay on a cruise ship thanks to the covid19 pandemic so I was less than thrilled to jump on a plane. Once on the plane I got some looks going on with the others that were preboarding, but I ignored it. Once we took off, I started to cry a bit because It’s just a knee-jerk reaction and I’m not good at flying. The flight attendants thought it was hilarious. Not only did they laugh then but later before landing they were talking about me as well. Needless to say, I found that rude and less than helpful. At least I’m an adult. I can’t imagine how a child would feel in that situation.
RouteFort lauderdale to Nashville
Date FlownMarch 2020

"easy to change flights online"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Milwaukee. I appreciate Southwest and their customer service. 2 bags free is the ultimate feature, carry on and personal item, please don't change that, it sets you apart. The upbeat personalities are top rated! Was so easy to change flights online with no fees and easily refunded the difference.
RouteOrlando to Milwaukee
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Very disappointed in Southwest"

Not Verified | Chicago to Dallas. Very disappointed in Southwest Airlines customer service with this virus! Other airlines are giving full refunds for nonrefundable tickets because they understand and support the severity of not spreading this virus as much as possible. It is unbelievable how stubborn and uncooperative southwest had been in this country’s time of need. You should be ashamed! We will never give southwest our business again.
RouteChicago to Dallas
Date FlownMarch 2020

"isn't a good American corporate citizen"

Trip Verified | Long Island to Charleston. Because of Corvid-19, my wife and I had to rethink our trip to Myrtle Beach, especially since President Trump called it a National Emergency. I'm almost 70 and my wife is early 60's both of us are in the age group most at risk. Im told that: 1) the total cost of the flight was $421, plus an additional; $100 paid for early boarding. 2) that a credit of $221 was applied to my account 3) But I paid $521 total?. Well, the $100 you paid for the Early Boarding is not refundable! And the total amount is split between you and your wife. I paid for the entire ticket, sorry its not done that way! SO, Southwest, isn't a good American corporate citizen capitalizing on a time of National crisis at the expense of their very customers! In the end these guys are keeping my $521 total to smooth out their downturn in travelers while the Bill is being passed to the Senate to help them out with Tax dollars which Im sure they'll also take advantage of! I can't see these Credits for the tickets and after a year I lose them! Any other time I can understand the cancelation policies, but during a National Emergency?
RouteLong Island to Charleston