Southwest Airlines

"couldn’t use the plane anymore"

Not Verified | Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale. We boarded the plane only for the pilot to tell us that we couldn’t use the plane anymore because of the window compressor being frozen or some sort. However, this was an inconvenience for me because I’m flying into Fort Lauderdale and now I’m going to be on the road extra late now do to the flight being delayed for an hour.
RouteAtlanta to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Friendly without a false feeling"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Atlanta. The personnel on the flight is what really made this a great flight. I have never run into a better flight crew. Friendly without a false feeling. On the lookout for problems and a way to help. Paired with the reasonable cost of airfare made this a pleasant flight.
RouteOrlando to Atlanta
Date FlownOctober 2019

"New seating is terrible"

Trip Verified | Columbus to Fort Myers. New seating is terrible, I will never fly Southwest Airlines again. Plane was cramped. I could not even sit with my wife on our way to honeymoon. I would not recommend.
RouteColumbus to Fort Myers
Date FlownOctober 2019

"it was a pretty smooth flight"

Not Verified | I flew from Houston to Columbus in August, and it was a pretty smooth flight. The cabin crew were very nice, so was everyone there. I would reccomend Southwest Airlines.
RouteHouston Hobby to Columbus
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I'm very angry"

Trip Verified | San Jose to Denver. Normally I like Southwest, but they sometimes force you to put both carry ons under your seat if neither is a roller bag. This is horrible. I have a bad knee and am not taking up unreasonable space in the overhead with a laptop bag and have a purse with things I need in the seat, and then save room to stretch out to avoid pain. They allow free checked bags and to punish me for not bringing on a huge roller is ridiculous - others can check or gate check a bag! I'm very angry. Maybe I should buy a roller just for my laptop so I don't have a back pack under my seat in addition to my purse.
RouteSan Jose to Denver

"Very unprofessional"

Not Verified | Las Vegas to Columbus. The Male flight attendant had a favorite row. He spent half the flight standing and talking to them. By the time we got out drinks our "snacks" (fritos and baby cookies) were gone because he was so busy playing favorites. Very unprofessional when I spent over 1000 dollars flying with you guys this trip. Never again.
RouteLas Vegas to Columbus
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"less than one star"

Trip Verified | Salt Lake City to Charleston. I would give less than one star if I could. When paying to fly you expect to sit by your spouse not several rows behind. Maybe they should think about updating the seating arrangements
RouteSalt Lake City to Charleston

"lack of communication"

Trip Verified | Baltimore to Boston. I pride myself on packing a carry on bag whenever possible, as opposed to checking a bag. I find it infuriating the lack of communication between the flight crew and the gate attendant checking tickets. Overhead bin storage for carry on luggage was cut off towards the end of the “B” group. For those who do not understand who SW operates, you are not assigned a seat. Based on when you check-in, you are either in Group A, B or C (#1-60). My fiancé and I were B45 and B46 and around B35 an announcement was made that no more carry on bags allowed because overhead bin space was full. No big deal, right? Well when you walk down the aisle and see five bins completely open, I was inspired to write this review. (That doesn’t include the bins that were partially full). See below for just a few photos.
RouteBaltimore to Boston
Date FlownOctober 2019

"They have never let us down"

Not Verified | Reno to Phoenix via Las Vegas returning PHX-RNO, Outbound both flights were spot on with departure. Ground staff great in Reno. We were a pound or two over on our luggage, but no problem. All check-in staff very friendly. Even TSA was accommodating when I forgot to remove my IPad from my backpack and had to get rescanned. Reno airport is always great. Flight left on time. Typical snack/beverage service, with a smile from attendants. Onward flight all the same out of Vegas to Phoenix. Reasonable time for baggage pickup. Then out of the airport. Both flights on a 737-700, reasonable legroom and comfort. Return from PHX-RNO on 737-800. Newish plane but seats less comfortable then the 700. Staff still great and seem genuine. Early departure and arrived 20 minutes early. No complaints. Southwest always deliver a great product in and out of Reno. They have never let us down over the years. Also they had free WiFi and movies on the 800 plane. I did not use so can’t comment but saw others using it with no problems.
Aircraft737-700,800
RouteReno to Phoenix via Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2019

"asked to give a round of applause"

Trip Verified | Denver to Spokane. A flight attendant did something I’ve never seen in more than 40 years of flying. As we were landing, she asked us all to give a round of applause for military on board. Inappropriate. Now lift up the Peace Corps. Teachers. Journalists. All who also do heroic work.
RouteDenver to Spokane