Southwest Airlines

"crew are unbelievable"

Trip Verified | I have flown with Southwest several times, including my very first flight back in December 2017. It was also my 8 year old son’s first flight from STL to Denver and we were all so nervous. It was an extremely early flight, 5:30am departure. When we first boarded, the pilot was standing in the aisle and introduced himself to my son. We told them it was our very first flight ever and he could see that my son was in tears. After introducing himself he told my son that he will safely get us there and will make sure it’s a wonderful flight so he will love flying, so do not worry about a thing, and even showed my son the cockpit area, it made his day, week, year. They also gave him a little airplane sticker pin. We hit a little bit of turbulence on the way however the pilot told us every single time prior to possibly hitting it and even explained why and that it was perfectly safe and how long the turbulence might last. It made us all so comfortable. I have flown at least 20 flights just since then and have yet to have a bad experience with Southwest. Their crew are unbelievable, always going above and beyond for us. My son has flown two more times and looks forward to it every time, gets super excited to meet “his pilots” as he says. And they always shake his hand. We will always fly Southwest.
RouteMemphis TN to Tampa FL
Date FlownOctober 2018

"how rude the service was"

Trip Verified | Tucson to Sacramento. Flight attendants were super rude. They were not friendly or welcoming what so ever. One lady in particular was extremely rude on this flight. I am never flying Southewest again after how rude the service was!
RouteTucson to Sacramento
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I am so grateful for him"

Trip Verified | Oakland to San Diego. I missed my flight and Robert from Southwest San Diego helped me get to my destination. He issued me a standby ticket, but later as I was waiting outside for a ride back home, he found me and handed me an actual ticket. He helped me during this difficult time and I am so grateful for him.
RouteOakland to San Diego
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"awesome crew and pilots"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Colombus. Today when I was flying on flight 1490 I had the best time because of an awesome crew and pilots. There was one individual who made the flight very enjoyable, a flight attendant on this flight. He could not have been more awesome or more funny. Loved having him as a flight attendant
RouteOrlando to Colombus
Date FlownOctober 2018

"delayed for over two hours"

Trip Verified | Sacramento to Houston via Los Angeles. This airline had me and 50+ passengers delayed for over two hours due to mechanical issues. Don't you think you should get all of us paying passengers to a different, safe and working airplane? The fact that I have waiting over 2 hours because this unorganized airline either doesn't have enough working planes or don't care enough to get us moving.
RouteSacramento to Houston via Los Angeles
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Southwest can do better than this"

Trip Verified | Charlotte to Minneapolis. Our flight was delayed due to other issues than weather leaving Charlotte this evening. In trying to determine whether to book a new flight in Charlotte we asked the staff. We were told that we had ten to fifteen minutes and should sit up front and run to the next concourse. We did not know it was on the other side of the airport. So we upgraded sat up front and ran to B22 in Chicago Midway to make our connection home to Minneapolis. Even though we made it to the gate and saw the plane sitting there, we were told that it was gone and we had to book a flight 3 hours later. And we needed to go back to where we were told to run from. There was no communication to the gate that passengers were running across the airport. This airport is the worst Southwest hub in the world and this was the second and last experience there. Southwest can do better than this.
RouteCharlotte to Minneapolis
Date FlownOctober 2018

"flight attendants were great"

Trip Verified | Louisville to Baltimore via Portland. Best flight ever. We did have a slight delay in initial take off due to a light being on but the flight attendants were great, funny, kind and made the experience excellent.
RouteLouisville to Baltimore via Portland
Date FlownNovember 2017

"no heart or care in the world"

Trip Verified | Houston to Norfolk via Baltimore. I flew out of Houston, TX to Norfolk, VA on 5Oct and was to return on 12Oct. My Daughter's 2nd Birthday was on the 7th of Oct. I went to the gate on the 5th for my departure, nothing was said about having to pay for my daughter's return flight because she was "2" now. I go to the airport to depart and was rudely told I need to pay for her ticket, and that the information is on the website - and that she is "Sorry I didn't read it". I would assume being in customer service and knowing the regulations that it would have still been told to me when looking at my daughter's Birth Certificate and seeing she turns two within the time of my stay in VA. I called the airline and they told me that I have no choice but to pay $243.80 for my daughter to fly back. I didn't anticipate the money and didn't have it. I had to miss my flight, and go back to a friends house that I stayed with. I didn't have a rental car anymore because I had to turn it in, so I had to wait for someone to come & get my daughter and I. After I got to my friends house I called and spoke withthe Customer Relations Dept and she said she was sorry about my situation and that I could apply for a donation ticket back. I went to the website and read that SWA gives away 40,000 free tickets a year to "those in need" but the request can take 6-8 weeks. I have a job I had to get back to, didnt have enough diapers, or anything to continue my stay. So, I called them back. Again, "I am sorry, but there is no way around it- you'll have to pay". I told the agent I can pay on the 19th, but will it still be the same amount of money for my daughter to fly back, and how much will it cost to change my reservations. She said they can't guarantee the price will be the same, and that she didn't know how much more out of pocket I would have to come out. I live paycheck to paycheck. I only went to VA because my oldest daughter gave birth to my first Grandchild, and it was important I would be there. I could have left my daughter with my Husband while I was gone if I would have known I had to pay for her return flight back. But since I was stuck there, no one cared and upper management that could have helped me, and also didnt want to get on the phone themselves did not help, nor care I was stranded without a vehicle and no place to go with my 2 year old daughter. I was fortunate enough to reach out to distant family and borrow the money to fly back home with my baby. I have never flown with SWA before, I always chose Delta - and from here on out I will stick with Delta. Not only are the flight attendants rude and their customer service is completely incompetent- they honestly have no heart or no care in the world. The Customer is not their priority.
RouteHouston to Norfolk via Baltimore
Date FlownOctober 2018

"went out of her way to help me"

Trip Verified | Norfolk to Boston. When connection flight was delayed due to weather, Lynn was able to help me book my connecting flight in order to make my arrival time within 15 minutes. Mother Nature saw fit to delay us again but she went out of her way to help me even after a colleague said it wasn’t possible. Thank you, you are the best at customer service.
RouteNorfolk to Boston
Date FlownOctober 2018

"find this practice very unfair"

Trip Verified | While traveling from Los Angeles to Denver, I requested to be put on stand-by, as an Southwest A List Preferred, the agent told me I was first on the list, but it was a full flight so there was no guarantee, which I understood. A few minutes later, while I was standing by the podium, I saw a lady ask the Agent to also be put on the A List Preferred stand-by list. This person was traveling with two other people that were not A List Preferred. The Southwest agent immediately gave this person a boarding pass, because she was traveling with two people that paid to get on an earlier flight. I find this practice very unfair to give preferred preference to another A-List Member because they were travel with two other people.
RouteLos Angeles to Denver