Southwest Airlines

"customer service was absolutely terrible"

Trip Verified | I had the worst experience ever with South West airlines Houston. I waited at baggage claim for over 30 minutes for my bag which never came while over the speaker the announcer called for the owner of a crown royal bag. As you may know Crown Royal is a liquor that comes in a purple and gold bag but this couldn’t be my bag even though it was purple and gold it clearly said Betsy Johnson all over it. I guess that was a funny joke for the employees to yell on the loud speaker that owner of a crown royal bag needed to come to the service desk. After realizing my bag was not coming I was directed to a room in the back where I inquired about the location of the bag. The airport staff then said oh you’re the owner of the Crown Royal bag and began to giggle. They informed that my bag fell and was ran over and some of my stuff have been destroyed with not even the smallest hint of remorse. My bag was literally destroyed to the point all the clothes and shoes In it were ripped to shreds / destroyed. When I became angry the south west employee asked me “what are you so mad about it’s not like we are not going to cut you a check”. I explained to the worker that I am in a city I have never been to with absolutely nothing to wear and all my belongings destroyed. The employee began to tell me how southwest is a million dollar company & they have no problem cutting a check as if this was suppose to make me feel better. The employee then told me it happens all the time due to southwest handling so much luggage on a daily basis and they just cut a check. The employees asked me to go through my bag and damages and asked me to price the cost of each item. The south west employee sat on the computer googled my items one by one while making comments like “ woah you really paid $200 for that ?” and arguing with me over the amount I paid for each item saying things like “ well they have it for cheaper at this store”. The worker also went as far to turn to his employee and say “ I don’t even argue with these people” After the employee calculated what he felt I deserved for my belongings he wrote a check for $620 and told me I should just go to the mall & buy new items. The employee told me I can go to chase bank and cash the check the same day which was a lie. I went to chase bank and they told me they could not cash check because southwest had to verify it and no one answered the phone. I was not able to cash check until I returned home from my vacation. The customer service was absolutely terrible and this was a major I’m convenience and embarrassing experience. I do not recommend Southwest Airlines to any one.
RouteNew York to Houston
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"She was so kind, accommodating"

Trip Verified | Omaha to Chicago via Orlando. My sister and I got separated from our group on a flight and with each group of us having an hour to two hour delays on our first flight our connecting flight where we were suppose to meet would have separate us again. Deborah was more than helpful in switching our flights for both parties. She was so kind, accommodating, and super happy during a rather frustrating time. Deborah's attitude was the only highlight of a very frustrating travel experience. The rest of the staff were short and less than helpful or pleasant. That flight that we then got switched to, thanks to Deborah, then had another two hour delay.
RouteOmaha to Chicago via Orlando

"painful flying experience"

Not Verified | New York to New Orleans via Houston. This flight has been such a pain for me, my mother, and my 9 year old sister. We are on our way to a cheer competition for my sister and have had our fight delayed almost an hour and a half on the fault of the employees not checking IDs correctly. My sister is very upset and is afraid we will miss our connecting flight from Houston to New Orleans and miss her competition together. This has been an awful experience for my sisters first time flying. Thank you Southwest Airlines for a stressful and painful flying experience for me and the rest of my family.
RouteNew York to New Orleans via Houston
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"totally worth the price I paid"

Not Verified | Berrien Springs to San Jose. Great airline. Southwest was the best flying experience for me. The flight attendants were very nice and when I asked for a drink, they kept offering more until I was good to go. Since I was on a morning flight they offered coffee without anyone having to ask. But I do have a complaint. On my flight back home, I kept getting disconnected from their wifi for some reason. And others around me had a solid connection. If Southwest can look into this problem I will give entertainment a better review. But other than that, totally worth the price I paid.
RouteBerrien Springs to San Jose
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Staff did an excellent job"

Trip Verified | Nashville to Denver. Staff did an excellent job keeping the trip light, and fun. They were happy to help accommodate the needs of many travelers and were professional in their work. 10/10 review, way to go y'all!
RouteNashville to Denver

"Great disability service"

Not Verified | Denver to Washington. Great airline, their flight attendants were friendly, service was fast, beautiful airplane, clean, and not run down. Great disability service.
RouteDenver to Washington
Date FlownMarch 2019

"I was very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Milwaukee. First time trying the on-board 'live TV' and 'wifi' service. Live TV Service was miserable - unable to use it at all. Service either wouldn't start, or when it did, would only play a couple of seconds and then quit. Tried the wifi instead, and while I was able to read a couple of E-Mails, the service was too slow to be useful for anything else. I was very disappointed.
RouteLas Vegas to Milwaukee

"Very unsatisfying"

Trip Verified | San Jose to Denver. Customer service was terrible. I always get to stand in family boarding line with my two kids since I’m flying alone with my kids. My kids are ages 13 and 7. The lady at the door made me get out of line with my kids and did not allow me to get on the plane with family boarding. I’ve never encountered this problem before and I did not appreciate her separating us. We had to sit away from one another and my daughter cried in the plane the whole flight. I hope that makes the damn door lady happy. She must not have kids. Very unsatisfying customer service today.
RouteSan Jose to Denver
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"you must be in uniform"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Austin. Warning to Active Duty Military! Their boarding policy regarding us is you must be in uniform. However they are wish washy when it comes to this policy. Some flights I get on after A group it’s the family boarding and some I’m turned away. Even with my Military ID.
RouteLas Vegas to Austin
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"can't pick up my minor from the gate"

Not Verified | It would have been nice to know that I actually can't pick up my minor from the gate as promised by Southwest Airlines. After everything closes at Will Roger's you cant go any further then the ticketing area. I specifically called Southwest and asked if I pick her up from the gate and they said yes. They said nothing about if TSA is closing you have to wait outside. This is the first time my little girl has flown alone and I gave her specific Instructions to wait for me at the gate not the front of the airport. A little disappointed that this was not mentioned. I was not the only mom waiting for their minor that was upset by this. I know we all looked through the instructions on how to fly a minor , but when I call to ask a specific question to the airline to make sure I didnt miss anything, nothing was mentioned about TSA closing and possibly not being able to pick up minors from the gate.
RouteColorado to Oklahoma City