Southwest Airlines

"don’t have a heart for the people"

Trip Verified | Southwest says they are are customer focused. But I told them I needed to change my ticket to an earlier flight because of an emergency and they politely told me I need to purchase a new tickets that cost twice as much. They don’t have the review feature turned on so I can’t leave a review. We are in a pandemic. These airlines want to be bailed out by the federal government (our money) but they don’t have a heart for the people.
RouteAustin to Dallas

"Shame on Southwest"

Not Verified | We made reservation to fly with Southwest to Tennessee last year for a wedding. We were not able to go. I called to get a refund but they said they could not give us a refund but instead gave us credit that would expire within a year. I called them to extended the credit. We are first responders and could not take vacation during this pandemic. As a first responder it is not that easy to take a vacation then quarantine for 14 days. This was explained to the person I spoke with. The credit was extended but they deducted 200 dollars just because "its policy " Their was no accommodation given to us. Shame on Southwest for benefitting off of their customers during these rough times.
RouteNew York to Tennesse

"unbelievable customer service"

Not Verified | Last week, my husband and I flew Southwest to Orlando. Flight was good until the end. The flight attendant had the supervisors call the cops on us. There was 4 cops & 2 supervisors waiting for us in the gate when you walk off the plane. Obviously face masks are required during the flight, unless you were eating or drinking. During the flight, my husband fell asleep and I put my earbuds in and started drawing. He slept with a neck pillow and his face mask would catch on the pillow and slightly fall lower than his nose. The flight attendant woke him up a couple times and asked him to pull it back up. He apologized and went back to sleep. As far me, I went into my purse to grab 2 mints and a protein bar. I pulled my face mask down to put the mint in my mouth. The flight attendant snapped and told me to put my mask back on, I said I was eating. She said, “it’s only a mint and if this is going to be an issue, I’ll call the supervisor!” And stormed off. We land and get off the plane only to be greeted by the cops. The cops questioned us on what happened on the flight. The cop told us that face to face conflict/confrontation was reported from the flight attendant and that’s why they were called. The supervisor looked up our return flight and revoked them. All over sleeping and eating a mint. The flight attendant might have had a bad day but it’s not enough justification to go out of your way to wreck our trip. Her behavior is unacceptable. I understand you want to keep everyone safe. But you’re taking it too far. Not once did we raise our voice, or stand up and cause issues. Revoking our tickets over something this small, is unbelievable. If it’s that big of deal to eat on the flight, then stop serving water and snacks. Southwest, I want to truly thank you from the bottom of my heart for blowing things out of context and wrecking our trip. We cannot thank you enough for your unbelievable customer service.
RouteSt. Louis to Orlando
Date FlownOctober 2020

"unprofessional and ridiculously rude employee"

Trip Verified | While in Jacksonville we were treated terribly by the employee boarding us at the gate. He allowed my oldest son to get split from us, then when I told my son to save us seats this employee snapped back at us that "this ain't a school bus". I responded that we were traveling as a family and again he snapped back with "um yea but you ain't gotta sit with them," to which I replied yes these are my children and I would absolutely prefer too. Absolutely unprofessional and ridiculously rude employee! Not at all comforting to know that they will split mothers from children that they are traveling with and give you attitude before getting on what may be a nervous flight already!
RouteJacksonville to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Southwest chose to be different"

Trip Verified | Southwest is an amazing company that represents compassion for their customers. They issued me a complete refund when I was too sick to make my flight. And while most companies would choose greed over what the right thing to do, Southwest chose to be different. I have never had a bad experience with Southwest and now I will never fly anyone else because of how they chose to represent their company. Thank you Southwest!
RouteSan Antonio to Nashville
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Stay away from this airline"

Trip Verified | Houston to Denver with Southwest Airlines. Worst airline ever! Flight attendants are not friendly or helpful. Stayed online for 1 hr 27 minutes to speak to someone who was no help at all. Stay away from this airline. It sucks!
RouteHouston to Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Southwest needs to reconsider the type of face coverings"

Trip Verified | I understand that face coverings are required while in flight unless you're continuing to eat and drink however I think that Southwest needs to reconsider the type of face coverings, they have now banned all masks that have ventilation and they also banned bandanas as a face covering as well. They said that you are able to wear a face shield but you still have to wear the mask under that as well. I think that is wrong and they need to reconsider all the options as for face coverings because if all of the stores have no issue with the face shields neither should they. Overall great staff and great flight.
Aircraft747-800
RouteTampa to Richmond
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"they just hung up on me"

Not Verified | Rather than give me alternatives to solve my ticketing questions, they just hung up on me. American Airlines took care of me in about 6 minutes. Customer service is a wonderful thing. Southwest was built on customer service, it's a shame they've forgotten that.
RouteLubbock to Boston
Date FlownAugust 2020

"above and beyond the worst flight I have ever experienced"

Not Verified | Austin TX to Raleigh NC. This has absolutely been above and beyond the worst flight I have ever experienced. The staff are beyond rude. The explanations about delays are nothing but confusing. I will never ever (even if it would be free) use Southwest again. Absolutely garbage to the core. Do not trust. Cannot respect. Will go out of my way and pay more for another service.
RouteAustin TX to Raleigh NC
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I would fly Spirit any day over Southwest"

Trip Verified | First and last time flying Southwest. Likely the worst airline I have flown to date. From check in to leaving the terminal it was a terrible experience. The kiosks were not working and the customer service woman was incredibly rude and not willing to help. This first come first serve seating is absurd. The flight attendants looked like they couldn’t be bothered and were busy chatting. I got chastised for taking my 4 year old to the bathroom when the seatbelt sign was on - for those who have children - a child they age can’t hold it when they have to go. I know all airlines have to impose a mask rule during COVID - but only allowing certain kinds of masks is outrageous. What is even more infuriating is the way they treat children and the parents when they can’t/won’t wear a mask. One woman was not let on the flight because her 2 year old wouldn’t wear a mask. How can any 2 year old be expected to wear a mask? In my opinion, this is overboard. I fly several times a month and this is the only airline that treats people this poorly. I never thought I would say it, but I would fly Spirit any day over Southwest.
RouteRaleigh to Manchester–Boston via Baltimore