SmartWings

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Hurghada to Prague, This is the worst airline for customer service. My flight got delayed from Hurghada by 1 hour 30 mins to Prague which made me miss my connection to Manchester to Prague. No explanation tried telling them on the plane that I am going to miss my connection but no help what so ever. Anyways go to the airport with 20 mins gate closing check already closed would let me on board due to luggage with 2 young children and wife. Went to they customer service desk, no help or supports. I would not recommend this airline.
RouteHurghada to Prague
Date FlownAugust 2019

"They are consistently late"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Paris. CSA flights are operated by Smartwings. I really can't see anything "smart" in that company. They are consistently late, comfort onboard is is that of a charter company. Today's flight from Prague to Paris was 1 h late (which for the 1st flight of the day is a performance) and for a complete pleasure we had to wait 20 mins in a bus to disembark in Paris. This company is simply unreliable. The most terrible is that they boast being members of the Skyteam Alliance although their total lack of quality is miles away from any Skyteam Alliance company.
AircraftBoeing
RoutePrague to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"flights were always late"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | I fly from Prague to the UK and back every week. During last few months Smartwings flights were always late, always delayed by at least an hour. But the most annoying thing is that when you finally get on the plane it keeps waiting for its new departure slot, during this time the A/C is off, so it is too hot and very uncomfortable. Because of this I switched to EasyJet, they are more expensive, but on time.
RoutePrague to London

"love this air company"

(Hungary)

Not Verified | Monastir to Budapest. Everything is okay. This is the third time if I fly with SmartWings. The food (little sandwich) is so tasty, and the water is cold, and everything is okay. I love this air company, and if I fly, I want it to be with the SmartWings.
RouteMonastir to Budapest
Date FlownAugust 2019

"both flights were delayed"

Trip Verified | Flew return from Gatwick to Prague and both flights were delayed. Locked on a boiling hot plane for 3 hours either way. Reason given was that we had missed our departure slot both times. Most likely caused by the time taken to get everybody onto plane.
RouteGatwick to Prague
Date FlownAugust 2019

"rude guy at the check in"

Trip Verified | Prague to Nice. Extremely rude guy at the check in desk. First could not find my ticket and straight asked me to pay extra for my luggage - found me after and asked me why I did not check in my luggage all the way to Nice. I am very disappointed and the flight was delayed for 1.5 hours of top of that. Horrible company.
RoutePrague to Nice
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Worst airline ever I flew"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Prague. The flight was supposed to depart from Gatwick at 2.20pm and it's now 5.04pm and everyone is in the airplane, it's so hot that you can't barely breathe. Funny enough this is the second flight I take with Smart Wings and same thing happened on first time, this time is worst because we're in the airplane with a lack of oxygen. Is this how you are supposed to treat customers? Worst airline ever I flew with.
RouteGatwick to Prague

"Extremely rude staff"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Amsterdam. Extremely rude staff. When i said hello (which was their job to say that before me), she just rolled her eyes and looked somewhere else without any response. Rest of the staff was rude as well but this was something I’ve never experienced while flying in my life.
RoutePrague to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Not the best experience"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Palma de Mallorca to Prague. Not the best experience. I had noticed there was an anomaly on the original e-ticket regarding the 23kg baggage I had paid EUR60 for in respect of both the outward journey to Palma and the return. The original e-ticket stated that there were 0 pieces for the return from Palma. I emailed Smartwings the day before the outward journey, explaining the situation, and I had a response within three hours confirming 1 pc of luggage for the return from Palma and a new receipt. Nevertheless, at check-in in Palma I was informed I could not check in the case because the record stated there were no pieces of luggage with the ticket. Fortunately, after an anxious few minutes I was able to produce a printed copy of the final and amended receipted I had received on request before the outward journey, and this was accepted. Check-in was opened relatively late, leaving little time at the departure gate despite the 40-minute delay. I travel with Smartwings and CSA regularly. Rarely on time, and there are never apologies for delays. Expensive, especially for a budget airline. On the positive side, plenty of legroom. No food but at least water offered. I used to rate ČSA highly, but they seemed to have suffered from the takeover.
RoutePalma de Mallorca to Prague
Date FlownJuly 2019

"hope they will not disappoint me"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Prague to Rome. The airplane was 17 years old but was comfortable and room leg was fine. The staff were a bit arrogant but they did everything they had to. We did not have a delay and we arrived into Rome even earlier. On a SmartWings flight you do not get free food, you can buy some but the price is ok and the menu is ok too. But we remember the old times when we travelled to vacation and we got a big meal with drinks for free. I think SmartWings is a good airline and I fly with them again tomorrow so I hope they will not disappoint me.
RoutePrague to Rome