SmartWings

SmartWings customer review

Trip Verified | I took a flight from Prague to London on Oct 11 and my bag was missing for four days. No one at Smartwings seemed to have any clue what was going on, and they only communicate via email. I was supposed to leave from London to Birmingham on Oct 14, and fly from Birmingham to the US on Sunday, but all my plans were frozen because they refused to confirm when the bag would arrive. They told me they would send it to Heathrow but gave me no flight number, tracking number or info on the courier service - No confirmation of whether it will be sent to my temporary address and a careless remark about “picking it up from the airport,” which is 2 hours from where I’m staying. Eventually they provided a phone number of a company that doesn’t even deal with SmartWings. Through my own research I figured out the third party service they contract with and spoke with them, only to learn smartwings had noted to send my bag to a temporary address in London or to the US, where I specifically told them NOT to send it. I don’t blame any individual at Smartwings, I think this company is just money-hungry, adds flights prematurely they aren’t ready to handle, and has no idea what they’re doing. I honestly feel sorry for the person emailing me because clearly they’ve been instructed to handle this passenger issues on their own with no support. No one will call or or take this seriously. I am asking them for a measly 60 pound refund for the cost of checking the bag and they keep sending that damn claim link. This entire thing has caused an inordinate level of stress and I resent the implication that everyone can afford to replace all their essentials. I only gave 1 star because I couldn’t submit this review with a 0. Whoever you are, you deserve better than smartwings. And whoever works at smartwings, you deserve a better job than one working for this soulless company.
RoutePrague to London
Date FlownOctober 2021

"a non organised chaos"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Very poor ventilation during a 5 hour flight. This is not only a cost saving measure for the airline but poses a health risk for passengers and crew during Covid 19 pandemic. Boarding and deplaning was a non organised chaos without supervision. Failure of physical distancing. The airline suffers many systemic problems and poor management for years. Air Travel in the Czech Republic is not competitive and Smart Wings abuses their position as the only Czech airline.
AircraftBoeing 737 900
RoutePrague to Funchal
Date FlownAugust 2021

"both flights were exactly what I expected"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | We flew from Prague to Valencia (A319) and back (B737-800) with Smartwings and both flights were exactly what I expected from a low cost EU airline. Both flights were on time with no delay, staff were kind and professional. The planes were clean, although of course there wasn’t much legroom between seat rows (but totally acceptable for short 2-3 hour hops between European cities).
RoutePrague to Valencia
Date FlownJuly 2021

"very satisfied with the flight"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | I was very satisfied with the flight to Zakhyntos. I decided to travel alone with my boyfriend, without a travel agency. So we booked the accomodation and bought air tickets and here we go - just a perfect holiday! SmarWings was very good choice, everything was smooth, fast and comfortable. Next time I will definitelly pay more attention to who the airline is and if possible I will choose SmartWings again.
RoutePrague to Zakynthos
Date FlownAugust 2020

"they didn't respond"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Pathetic, cancelled the flight 5 days before it happened and said it was too much time to give me a recompensation. I reached out 2 months ago asking if I could move the flights since I was afraid they would cancel them (they had "free moving flights" on their main page) and they didn't respond.
RouteKatowice to Malaga
Date FlownJune 2020

"issuing the voucher offered"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Airline cancelled flight (I had a booking for 3 persons, about three weeks prior to flight. The company send me an e-mail regarding the cancelation due to the corona virus and they were supposed to refund me within 7 days but i found my self calling many times after they hear a refund the customer support just hang up. More than two weeks after cancellation after many ping pong e-mails asking for my money they send me e- mail reply below: Dear Client, thank you for your email. The voucher currently offered is a way to refund your tickets. So if you want to refund tickets, there is a possibility to make a refund by issuing the voucher offered which will be priced as a value of the tickets you purchased. We will ask you to confirm your refund in the form of a voucher valid for one year from the date of issue. If you do not agree with any of the options, you can file a complaint via our contact form. Thank you for your understanding and have a nice day. Kind regards. No apologies, no anything else in spite of violation of customer's rights.
Date FlownApril 2020

"super terrible legspace"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Tenerife. Five hours on a 737 with super terrible legspace seats. No TVs but they had in flight wifi entertainment, that didn't work. Food - nasty cheap sandwich on way out. No veggie option. Paid 30 euro per seat for legroom on way back (paid 80+ for no legroom on way out) and my seat had a strap to hold up the table behind me. So I had a nice "strap massage" from the person behind me every time they fiddled with their table.
RoutePrague to Tenerife
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"fighting for almost two years "

(Israel)

Trip Verified | In May 2018, we had a Madrid to Tel Aviv flight scheduled for 22:25 and was delayed for more than 9 hours!!! The crew did not supply any information on when we would depart, neither the reason for the delay. Due to the lack of information we ended up waiting and staying overnight in a cold, empty terminal.The airline offered no compensation, not even a hotel for the night, just a cold sandwich which was uneatable. When we arrived to our destination, we approached SmartWings to receive the minimum compensation which is set by the European Passenger Rights, stating that we are entitled for 600 euros for a delay of more than 8 hours. The company would not agree to compensate us in any way although the aggravation we had. My travelling companions and I have been fighting with this airline for almost two years to receive the minimum compensation that is required by law.
RouteMadrid to Tel Aviv
Date FlownMay 2018

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Hurghada to Prague, This is the worst airline for customer service. My flight got delayed from Hurghada by 1 hour 30 mins to Prague which made me miss my connection to Manchester to Prague. No explanation tried telling them on the plane that I am going to miss my connection but no help what so ever. Anyways go to the airport with 20 mins gate closing check already closed would let me on board due to luggage with 2 young children and wife. Went to they customer service desk, no help or supports. I would not recommend this airline.
RouteHurghada to Prague
Date FlownAugust 2019

"They are consistently late"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Paris. CSA flights are operated by Smartwings. I really can't see anything "smart" in that company. They are consistently late, comfort onboard is is that of a charter company. Today's flight from Prague to Paris was 1 h late (which for the 1st flight of the day is a performance) and for a complete pleasure we had to wait 20 mins in a bus to disembark in Paris. This company is simply unreliable. The most terrible is that they boast being members of the Skyteam Alliance although their total lack of quality is miles away from any Skyteam Alliance company.
AircraftBoeing