SmartWings

"option to take the jumpseat"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Prague to Barcelona. We flew on the Easter holiday, but on our way to BCN the flight was overbooked by 4 people, it was not a problem as we were volunteers, because we were given the option to fly 3 hours later plus compensation 200 euro each. But 30min before departure they told us that we can fly can fly on jumpseats for compensation of 50 euro each, which was not worth it, but as I am crew member for parent company I agreed. The jumpseats very extra uncomfortable, but it was new experience for my sister. The crew was nice to us and the flight was smooth and landed early. They will give you cup of water for free if you ask, everything else is paid so the service is OK. On the way back we flew with B737-900ER, which was very worn inside, my seat cover was ripped, seat pocket was not holding properly and there was constant air stream through windows shades and the crew seemed somehow stressed. However we landed on time a we get back OK so not much to grumble about. But be aware if you will be given the option to take the jumpseat as it will be get a lot uncomfortable after one hour of flight.
AircraftBoeing 737-800/900ER
RoutePrague to Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2017

"terrible customer attitude"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I was flying with SmartWings to Prague on June 19. My flight has been almost 5 hrs delayed and rather than midnight, we landed in Prague at almost 5am. Things like that can happen and this is why there is a regulation which protects the passengers and stipulate compensation in case of significant delay. I have requested to get compensated, but get no reaction from the airline. Therefore, I have forwarded my claim in registered letter on Sep 9th. Again, a radio silence. In January, I have made my claim through the web page of the company. No reaction! It is crystal clear, that SmartWings is simply ignoring not only the civilized business practices and displaying terrible customer attitude, but they also choose to disrespect the respective laws and regulation. And taking the conclusion never ever use SmartWings.
Date FlownJune 2016

"by far the worst experience"

Unverified | Gatwick to Prague. I have flown approximately 100 times in the past ten years but this was by far the worst experience. Six hour delay - fair enough, these things happen though ancient planes don't help - but a paltry £10 voucher, insufficient to buy any food while waiting and then a failure to even acknowledge two emails and one online message has made me so angry. The website says they will respond within 24 hours, but nothing. Most organisations can turn a negative into a positive through good communication and apologies = Smartwings do the opposite. I would like to score it 0/10 but there's a minimum score of one..
Date FlownNovember 2016

"Both ways the planes were late"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Prague return. Both ways the planes were late. Currently sitting in Prague Airport for 2 hours, changes the gates and still no plane. Service is terrible, online checking didn't work so I had to queue with everyone, where only two people where serving. In the plane we didn't get chance to buy a coffee because cabin staff haven't managed to serve all passengers before the landing. It was first time and the last time I will choose Smartwings.
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"a pleasant surprise"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Prague to Podgorica. Flying with SmartWings was a pleasant surprise. I was able to choose seats at the check-in desk, as the online check-in wasn´t working for me. They were very benevolent with cabin baggage. Plane clean and new on the way to Podgorica (bit older on the way back), however the seats very pretty tiny but OK for short flights. Buy on Board service is for very reasonable prices and I love their ginger beer (3EUR). Overall I was pretty surprised as I read a lot of negative reviews here before. Also the value for money was pretty good as I had a return ticket for 120 EUR, which is pretty good for TGD airport.
RoutePrague to Podgorica
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"apologised for the inconvenience"

Verified Review | I would rectify my previous review explaining that after the helpdesk of SmartWings ignored my emails I finally received a response from the customer service, a few days later, who apologised for the inconvenience and allowed me to carry my cat in the cabin. I had big trouble in the meantime trying to find an alternative solution and the customer service response literally saved my life. Currently I hold a confirmation of the reservation for my cat travelling in the cabin and as a compensation, SmartWings allowed me to carry 5kg extra in my hold baggage. This was the best possible solution and I am very grateful.
RouteSTN to PRG
Date FlownDecember 2016

"service and attitude appalling"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I'm quite a frequent flyer and my flight with Smartwings from Gatwick to Prague was one of the worst one I've ever experienced. The overall service and attitude was just appalling. They fly old and dirty aircraft with very limited leg room. But what is even worse is their 'customer service'. On my last flight from London, me and other two people were late for our baggage check-in by approx 15 minutes due to industrial action on UK railways. The Smartwings representative were notified by the front desk, however they wouldn't make any effort to check in our bags even though, the boarding hadn't finished and we would still make it in time for our departure. We all had to pay for new flight tickets for the following morning.
RouteLGW to PRG
Date FlownNovember 2016

"they are supposed to allow pets"

Verified Review | I booked a flight from London to Prague choosing SmartWings as they are supposed to allow pets in the cabin. Before making the reservation I emailed the helpdesk in order to ask for a confirmation of the possibility to carry my cat specifying that I was travelling from London. Few minutes later they replied to my email confirming not only that I could carry my cat in the cabin but also that I would have been able to carry my hand baggage and personal computer too, they invited me to make the reservation and get back to them in order to reserve the flight for my cat. I was very happy about the service and few hours later I did book the flight with SmartWings but when I asked the helpdesk to reserve a ticket for my cat they replied that the company did not allow pets from and to London and for a case the reservation was unrefundable. I requested explanation and they promised to back to me with a solution. I did not hear and so I emailed the helpdesk again to ask for news about a fix for my odd situation situation created by a misleading information received. After that all my emails have been ignored and many different people replied to them simply saying that I needed to make a new reservation from another city. I asked to be provided with an internal complaint procedure as nothing like that can be found on their website, but obviously my email was ignored again. I offered availability to keep the reservation if my departure location was changed without additional charge but did not receive a reply to that either.
RouteLGW to PRG
Date FlownDecember 2016

"definitely great value"

Verified Review | Dubai to Prague with SmartWings. Although the flight was booked via Czech Airlines, the carrier was SmartWings - a Czech low cost carrier. That said, I was pleasantly surprised or maybe had very little expectations. The flight departed from T2 at Dubai airport so it took a little longer to get to check in. The check in agent could not add my Czech airlines frequent flyer number but after checking with his supervisor, he was told that SkyTeams miles are eligible. The service was delayed without any announcement, however, the pilot promised to make up the lost time enroute. Tight seats, but the food and service by the cabin crew was fine. The flight attendents seem to have favourites on board, offering them pillows and blankets whilst others were being asked to serve themselves the blankets from the overhead lockers. There were not enough pillows or blankets even though this was an overnight flight. Overall, an OK service and for the price paid, definitely great value.
RouteDXB to PRG
Date FlownOctober 2016

"service close to be non-existent"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Flying Tel Aviv to Prague return in October, 2016. Seat quality is average to poor, looks like the last maintenance was ages ago. In-flight service close to be nonexistent; they distributed a sandwich and a glass of drink on the first flight and nothing on the second, even no drinking water. Serious flight delays (2h, 1.5h) - for late arrival of an aircraft, including in their home airport of Prague.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / 737-900