Sky Express Airlines

"coffee and water were free"

(Greece)

Not Verified | The aircraft was brand new and the feeling during the flight was good. If you are quite tall forget about comfort during the flight. The space between the seats are for short people. During the flight coffee and water were free everything else you had to pay for. When you pay 500 euros and even more for a flight this is the least you expect. The worst thing though is their ground service. Upon arrival two of our luggage were destroyed. One completely and one could be used again. Gatwick ground services informed us that we had to fill papers and take pictures. We followed all the guidelines provided and since the 29th December they still have not got back to us. Upon departure from Gatwick they had informed us to be 3hrs prior to their flight at the airport which we did but the check in of the flight opened 2hrs before! So we had to stand for over 1hr with another 200 people to be served an hour later.
RouteAthens to London
Date FlownDecember 2023

"I was not entitled to a refund"

Trip Verified | I flew on Sky Express from Athens to Skiathos on August 1st, 2023 (flight GQ 432). The flight was late, landed after 22.00 and my luggage was missing (it happens). at the desk I was told that they were unable to provide me with a form to fill and that I will have to come back the next day. What i did on the morning and filled the missing form (Property Irregularity Report - PIR). My luggage was found and sent back to me six (6) days later during which I had to buy first necessity items. I was then requested to fill a reimbursement form and offered an indemnity of 240 euros. Customer Service told me then that the reimbursement would take place in nine weeks following the filing. Nine weeks later, I received nothing and after asking, I was informed that I was not entitled to a refund because i did not fill the PIR on the day of my arrival. these are very cheap methods, not acceptable at all. They first lied, then promised then took back their word. They are not reliable which is a shame for an airline company.
RouteAthens to Skiathos
Date FlownAugust 2023

"bags haven't arrived yet"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified |   We landed at 1625 now the time is 1725 our bags haven't arrived yet. No information from the company. Worst airline. It is the second time that I have a problem with the luggage with this cheap airline.
RouteLarnaca to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2023

"payment link was sent to GoToGate"

Trip Verified | I booked this flight in May of 2023 and mid June I was trying to purchase checked baggage online using the airline's website. Their online baggage booking service was not working and kept crashing. After 7 attempts, I emailed the airline directly to help with booking baggage as it's half the price in advance, compared to paying at the airport. It took 3 weeks for them to respond to my email (in July!). There were back and forth emails with me stating the same thing (I wanted to purchase 2 pieces of checked baggage, up to 23kgs for the flight). The staff told me they can assist and it would cost 25 euros each piece of baggage and asked me to send an email address for the payment link to be sent to. To get to this point took another 4 weeks because they were so slow to reply. They already had my email address! Again, wasting more time, I told them the email they had been using to correspond with me all that time is the email they can use to send the payment link. We were leaving Aug 26th for our trip and I sent an email Aug 15th, after not receiving the payment link. I requested it ASAP. They never sent it. At the airport check-in counter they told me I had to pay 50 euros for each piece of luggage. I showed them the email from the airline staff informing me of the 25 euros cost. They then told me I had to speak to Customer Service. Customer service totally disregarded the emails from the airline staff telling me the 25 euros cost (she wouldn't even look at them) and said the payment link was sent to GoToGate (a third party I used to book the flight) and there's nothing they will do for me. Horrible customer service. They were just passing the buck so they didn't have to provide any actual customer service.
RouteRhodes to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"They were appalling"

Not Verified | Rude check in staff, slow check in, uncomfortable seats and unhelpful Cabin Crew. I will never fly with this terrible airline again. They were appalling!
RouteAthens to Gatwick
Date FlownAugust 2023

"won't ever use this airline again"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | I would definitely come back to the lovely island of Mykonos, but sure thing won't ever use this airline again. We've been charged for extra weight although they knew (and saw) it was about shopping items - only 8 kg for 2 adults. Paying for extra wasn't the issue, but to reach home with 4 broken items was the peak of the violation. So basically i paid extra weight and they broke my items.
RouteMykonos to Beirut
Date FlownAugust 2023

"by far the worst airline"

(Lebanon)

Not Verified | This is by far the worst airline, they always lose luggage and they are always late. When we arrived to Crete, luggage didn’t make it until after 2 days and they told us to file a claim to redeem our money however they are not answering and it’s been 10 days. Then on our way back from Santorini to Lebanon, first the plane was delayed by one hour and we had to run to make it to the second flight to Lebanon and of course luggage didn’t make it to Lebanon until after one day however they lost one luggage and no one is able to locate it.
RouteLebanon to Crete

"totally unprofessional service"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Constantly long and unjustified delays. This time about an hour and a half! And the worst part? They lie to passengers by pretending that “the aircraft has unfortunately arrived late from its previous destination”. They ignore however that, nowadays, almost every passenger can easily verify the accuracy of such silly excuses through apps like Flightradar24. On flight GQ225 of JUL26 2023, the aircraft (SX-NIV) was at ATH as early as 18:39 and was due to depart for KGS at 20:45. Barely a cold apology from the cockpit. Finally deplaned in ATH in total darkness (not a single light in the aircraft cabin) for obvious technical reasons. Unreliable and totally unprofessional service.
AircraftATR72-500
RouteKos to Athens
Date FlownJuly 2023

"trying to reach them multiple times"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I have been flying with Sky Express for the last 3 years, and during the first 2 years, I was super satisfied with their service. However, the last 3 flights I had experienced delays on all three occasions without any prior notice or apologies. Nevertheless, my main disappointment stems from trying to reach them multiple times by phone and sending numerous emails regarding a booking cancellation, but until today, I haven't received any response.
RouteAthens to Chania
Date FlownJuly 2023

"No responsibility, no liability"

Trip Verified | Let me start by first off saying, this airline should be put out of business! Me and my wife just spent 2 weeks in Greece for our honeymoon. We visited 3 Greek islands including Milos. We flew with Sky Express from Milos to Athens, and then from Athens to Zakynthos. The plane was an older, smaller dual prop plane. No real problem there for a 20 min flight. However, we were forced to check our carry on luggage as was most of the other people on this flight. When we arrived in Athens we were informed that everyone’s checked luggage had been left in Milos! Only 2 bags had been put on the plane. My wife got very lucky as hers was one of the bags that was on the plane. We were told in Athens the plane was too heavy so the baggage had to be left behind. No one told any of us on the flight about this issue when we boarded! One problem with that, the flight was only about half full! I literally could have put my bag in an empty seat! Upon complaining at the Skyserv desk for lost luggage, I was told this happens quite often and that my bag would be put on the next flight which arrived several hours later. We were staying the night in Athens at the airport hotel so it was easy for me to follow up with. Long story short, it did not arrive on the next flight, in fact, it was not put on the next 3 flights! We took out flight the next day to Zakynthos, and upon arrival I had to find a store and spend money to buy at least a bathing suit so I could enjoy the pool at our hotel. My bag didn’t show up in Zakynthos until the end of our second day there. All in all, I was 3 days without any of my things or clean clothes, on my honeymoon! We were supposed to receive a call, when my bag reached Athens so we could be told which flight it would be on to Zakynthos, big surprise, no call! Now a little bit about this company. While trying to reach somebody, anybody to find our where my lost luggage was, I did some research about SkyExpress Airline. Turns out this airline was started by an investment group owned by a wealthy Greek man. However, the only actual employees that work for SkyExpress are the pilots and the flight attendants. This wealthy Greek man is a very smart guess. When starting SkyExpress, he also started a company called Skyserv. Skyserv is the company that takes care of all of the ticketing services etc, for SkyExpress Airline. They are the ones that I had to deal with when my luggage was left in Milos. Now if you talk to them to complain about SkyExpress, the company line is “I’m sorry, we don’t work for SkyExpress, but here is a phone number you can call for assistance.” All of their paperwork has the line, “We take no responsibility or liability for any problems or issues with luggage.” So here’s the deal, if you call the aforementioned phone number for SkyExpress, its only for a reservationist, who tells you for any complaints, you have to send an email. I sent a complaint email that night, guess what, no response. I have a strong feeling that complaints go right in the deleted bin. So SkyServ will not take complaints because they don’t work for SkyExpress, and SkyExpress has no customer service, so basically if you have any problem with SkyExpress you’re basically screwed. Very clever business setup. No responsibility, no liability.
RouteMilos to Zakynthos via Athens