Sky Express Airlines

"not be compensated"

Trip Verified | We - 2 adults and 2 children up to 7 years old - flew to Athens with Sky Express for the first time in March. Our experience was more than bad and that's why we will never fly with this airline again, despite the sometimes cheaper prices. The online check-in process was relatively complicated but that didn't bother us too much. The problem was that despite having children, we couldn't get seats next to each other! The hotline and airport staff couldn't help us. On the plane, we realized that we weren't the only ones with this issue. That's why the boarding process took about an hour until everyone on the plane found a seat next to their children or family members. The worst thing, however, was that on the return journey, both of our suitcases arrived in Munich damaged (see photos). We immediately reported it to Aerogate, who confirmed that the suitcase was a total loss. However, the response from Sky Express customer service was that the damage was minor (such as scratches, damaged wheels, handles, etc.) and would not be compensated by the airline. We tried to explain with several photos that it was a total loss but we never received a response from customer service. We tried the airline once and will never fly with Sky Express again!
AircraftA320ceo
RouteAthens to Munich
Date FlownMarch 2024

“horrible airline and customer service”

Trip Verified | Absolutely horrible airline and customer service experience. I have been continuously writing to SKY Express to help get reimbursed for expenses that I had to incur because of SKY Express and delayed baggage. Their rather obnoxious customer service department keep writing back to me that they are unable to proceed with any reimbursement since 'I chose to collect my delayed baggage from the airport on my own accord'. First, the baggage didn't arrive with me on my flight from Athens to Santorini. Then, they told me that it will be delivered to my temporary residence sometime the next day. The other option they gave me is that I comeback to the airport late that night to collect my baggage as it was arriving on the next flight in to Santorini in 4 hours. How can SKY Express expect me to skip my evening tour and dinner on vacation and come back to the airport to collect the baggage to makeup for their fault? How can SKY Express expect me to skip my tour the next day AND wait for the baggage to arrive at my temporary residence? How can SKY Express expect me to manage WITHOUT my clothes? And on top of that, they are not even willing to compensate me for the inconvenience caused to me on my vacation, leave alone the stress of not getting your personal belonginngs on a Foreign Land. This is just ridiculous.
RouteRome to Santorini via Athens
Date FlownMay 2024

“Horrible customer service”

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I used Sky express for a flight from Brussels to Athens. When I did my online check-in, despite having an economy class ticket, I had the option of choosing a seat in the row of the emergency exit and I did (that was the in the picture of the plane that was on their website ). When I entered the plane the seats that were supposed to have no other row right infront actually had another row of seats which made these seats extremely small and uncomfortable for me. (1.90m). Another gentleman had the same issue and was promoted for free to business class whilst I due to my age or looks, was completely ignored by all staff. When I arrived I informed customer care via email and I got quite the disappointing answer, that I didn't pay anything extra for my seat and thus nothing could be done. Once again ignoring the fact that I was both discriminated for my age and looks and the fact that the picture of the plane on the website was wrong. Horrible customer service and horrible closed-minded staff. Never flying with them again. Not worth saving 50 euros for this.
RouteBrussels to Athens
Date FlownApril 2024

"luggage had been destroyed"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | My recent ordeal with SkyExpress has left me utterly disheartened and disillusioned. What began as a journey with high hopes and expectations, ended in sheer disappointment and frustration. Upon arrival at Brussels Airport from Greece, I discovered that my new Samsonite luggage had been destroyed during transit. Despite adhering meticulously to their claims process and furnishing every piece of requested documentation, including the original form submitted at the airport, SkyExpress has remained unyielding in their refusal to acknowledge their liability. Their blasé attitude and flippant responses serve as a slap in the face to passengers who entrust them with their belongings. What's particularly galling is the stark dissonance between the information disseminated at the departure airport and the subsequent communication from their service team. It's patently evident that accountability and transparency are foreign concepts to SkyExpress, who seem to view customer satisfaction as an inconvenience rather than a priority. I threatened legal action and offered to publicize images of my ravaged suitcase across my social channels but this failed to elicit a responses.
RouteHeraklion to Brussels
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"Legroom horrible"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Legroom horrible, they have 4 A320 with 186 seats, 3 A320 with 180 and 2 A320 with 174 seats. Unfortunately we had the 186 seater. No wifi, they serve free only a cookie and juices. Buy Menu for sandwiches. Cabin was clean, crew was professional. We were on time.
AircraftA320neo
RouteAthens to Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2024

"flight will depart 1 hour later"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I was supposed to travel from Athens to Heraklion at 17.30 and i received an email at 10.17 am that my flight will depart 1 hour later at 18.30 "due to re-schedule on our flight program". Announcing just 5 hours before the flight that they are re-scheduling the flight? So that the delay will not count so that there will not be any compensation.
RouteAthens to Heraklion
Date FlownMarch 2024

"staff were extremely helpful"

Not Verified | First time I flew Sky Express and I am proud as a Greek to have a Greek airline like this. Very affordable prices, staff were extremely helpful and friendly with warm Greek hospitality - Flights GQ701 London to Athens and GQ700 Athens to London. Once you go Sky Express you'll never go back to Ryanair or Wizz Air.
RouteLondon to Athens
Date FlownMarch 2024

"Crew was friendly and professional"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Both departures were on time, planes where clean. Rows up to 9 have a pleasant legroom. Crew was friendly and professional. For 45 minutes flight, No IFE, inflight service was cookies and juices, water, coffee. With 15 euro you can have access to lounge.
AircraftA320n
RouteThessaloniki to Athens
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"coffee and water were free"

(Greece)

Not Verified | The aircraft was brand new and the feeling during the flight was good. If you are quite tall forget about comfort during the flight. The space between the seats are for short people. During the flight coffee and water were free everything else you had to pay for. When you pay 500 euros and even more for a flight this is the least you expect. The worst thing though is their ground service. Upon arrival two of our luggage were destroyed. One completely and one could be used again. Gatwick ground services informed us that we had to fill papers and take pictures. We followed all the guidelines provided and since the 29th December they still have not got back to us. Upon departure from Gatwick they had informed us to be 3hrs prior to their flight at the airport which we did but the check in of the flight opened 2hrs before! So we had to stand for over 1hr with another 200 people to be served an hour later.
RouteAthens to London
Date FlownDecember 2023

"I was not entitled to a refund"

Trip Verified | I flew on Sky Express from Athens to Skiathos on August 1st, 2023 (flight GQ 432). The flight was late, landed after 22.00 and my luggage was missing (it happens). at the desk I was told that they were unable to provide me with a form to fill and that I will have to come back the next day. What i did on the morning and filled the missing form (Property Irregularity Report - PIR). My luggage was found and sent back to me six (6) days later during which I had to buy first necessity items. I was then requested to fill a reimbursement form and offered an indemnity of 240 euros. Customer Service told me then that the reimbursement would take place in nine weeks following the filing. Nine weeks later, I received nothing and after asking, I was informed that I was not entitled to a refund because i did not fill the PIR on the day of my arrival. these are very cheap methods, not acceptable at all. They first lied, then promised then took back their word. They are not reliable which is a shame for an airline company.
RouteAthens to Skiathos