Singapore Airlines

"food was terrible"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Brisbane via Singapore. The food was terrible, no fresh fruit or salad items. We tried to change our return flight due to family circumstances and were told $10,000 to do this. That was way more than the advertised price of a return ticket. Seats felt cramped and uncomfortable.
RouteAmsterdam to Brisbane via Singapore

"Very disappointed"

Not Verified | I flew with Singapore Airlines from London on a 11.30am local time arriving in Singapore 7.30am local time next day. For some unknown reason this airline serves breakfast at 1.45am Singapore time. I and other passengers were woken up so we could have a breakfast. Once breakfast was finished we still had 5 more hours of flying time. How stupid is this. Dreading my flight home. I have travelled with this airline in the past but it now is on a par with a low cost airline. Very disappointed.
RouteLondon to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"this is what a good flight should be"

Trip Verified | The check-in process at JFK T4 was seamless. We got access to the Wingtips Lounge, which was fine but there was nothing to be excited about. Boarding was orderly despite the fact that there were many passengers (our A380 flight that night was almost full). On board, the seat looks nice and comfortable, though one of the windows is blocked by the seat design. Staff were nice and attentive, something you would expect from SQ anyway. The food was excellent (I booked my main course from the Book-the-Cook menu). The flight arrived in Frankfurt a bit late, but not a problem at all. Overall, this is what a good flight should be.
RouteNew York JFK to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"JFK check in a disaster"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | New York JFK check in a disaster, with no control, and only 2 agents open. For an extremely protracted amount of time, I stood in line, and finally got checked in, just before the Station Manager mustered everyone, for the evening brief, pausing check in. Boarding commenced 15 minutes late. No boarding by rows, just a mass exodus. Upon boarding the Cabin Attendant at the door, was the sole person to welcome me onboard. IFE finally got upgraded, and the A380s fixed shellback seat was extremely comfortable. Upon taking off I dozed off, and was waken up by Cabin Crew to close my window shade. No initial drink offered to me. I requested Chicken for dinner, and the Gentleman said he had to come back. 15 minutes later, I hit the call button, and when the young lady I arrived, I explained to her I did not receive dinner. Finally the Gentleman returned, apologized, and ensured dinner would be out shortly, which it was. Followed by a second round of drinks. Woke up to a refreshment, of extremely small Sandwich of sorts, and a quick round of drinks. Arrived at FRA, and off to my connection. With all my hours, flights, and years flying with Singapore Airlines I will try to brush this off, and hope a repeat of this experience will not happen again.
RouteNew York to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"decline in service and product"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Sydney. The decline in service and product continues from Singapore Airlines. Premium Economy includes plastic glasses, only two wine choices (Red or White) only one glass was offered per passenger and the food offering economy standard. Neither of the above are consistent with the airline’s advertised offer. The were no masks/socks offered. The A380 Premium Economy seats are much poorer design compared to the A350 seat in the same class/airline. Hard vinyl covered seats, impossible to get comfortable in. Booked a window seat but impossible to lean against the window as seat is 200mm from window. Unless you can book for only 10-15 % more than economy I wouldn’t bother Entertainment is good in its range but the system is unstable. Wifi wouldn’t connect
RouteSingapore to Sydney

"A pleasant experience"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I flew on Singapore Airlines last year and one thing I will say is that the friendliness of the crew is outstanding. However the seat space felt slightly cramped and the seats weren’t very comfy. I feel like the lower back support isn’t very good and this makes you sit in a position that is uncomfortable. I say this both for the A350 & A380. I am comparing this to my last journey with Singapore on an older 777-300ER, which in my opinion feels more spacious and the seats feel i lot less cramped. Also the lower back support is better. The meals, are okay by all means but when i compare this to Emirates or Qatar, they are very basic in the sense that all you get is a main dish, bread, crackers, cheese and a small desert of some kind. Nothing to shout about considering this is a top airline. The crew, outstanding on all flights I've been on, friendly and you can take your water bottle and keep filling it up. If you want a drink at any point you can go up and ask. Transit, probably one of the easiest airports to transit through. A pleasant experience, and if you have in excess of 4 hours you can occupy yourself with plenty. Overall i think i will fly again with Singapore Airlines but might try a different airline on my next journey to the UK.
AircraftA350-900 / A380
RouteAuckland to London via Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2022

"can’t say enough for their warm hospitality"

Not Verified | The staff were most helpful and delightful, especially Joanne, Lilin, Thiagesan and Edward. I can’t say enough for their warm hospitality, and being very friendly and capable in their jobs.
RouteSydney to to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"stressful end to the trip"

Trip Verified | They cancelled our return flight's first leg and said they could reschedule it for 8 weeks later. This was not going to work as we had lives to return home to. We hassled them for days and eventually, they put us on the first leg a day before. We had to leave our accommodation in Rome early, pay for accommodation in Munich and taxis to and from the airport. They suggested we could get compensation for this but since applying for that we have heard nothing. A very stressful end to the trip and disappointing experience.
RouteRome to Melbourne
Date FlownJuly 2022

"extremely dated and old aircrafts"

Not Verified | Short answer: extremely dated and old aircrafts, unpleasant ambiance, cramped seats and broken seats, closed toilets, subpar food. Good attitude of flight attendants. Long answer. The last time I flew SQ was back in 2006 and do remember that it was a very pleasant flight. Since then mostly have been flying Qatar, Emirates, Turkish and many EU/American airlines. First impression, the ambiance of the aircraft is very unpleasant when comparing it to Emirates or Qatar. IFE is small screen with limited choices. No amenity kit of any sort - zero. There was a blanket and a pillow though. One of the toilet from LA to Singapore was closed with an Out of Order note on it, so basically keep waiting for your turn. Food quality is really terrible compared to Emirates/Qatar. No salad or fruit. During the flight no water service. I am used to sitting on 15 hour Dubai flights but never get such pain as this time on Singapore. It is basically now a budget airline but with a 5 star price tag. Even the business class seats look tired and dated. Won't recommend unless you have no choice.
RouteLos Angeles to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"attempting to locate my luggage"

Trip Verified | I recently flew Singapore Airlines Brisbane to Cape Town, only to have them lose my luggage. Despite contacting the Cape Town, Brisbane and Singapore office I have had no contact from anyone, apart from a generic email, dated 6 days ago saying they are attempting to locate my luggage. What should have been a happy experience has been completely ruined not only losing my luggage, but all the gifts I had bought my family who I haven’t seen in four years.
RouteBrisbane to Cape Town via Singapore