Singapore Airlines

"the flight was very pleasant"

Not Verified | Singapore to Taipei in December 2019. The meal was a seafood pasta. The pasta tasted fishy, lacked flavor and was almost soggy. The service from the crew was top-quality, and the toilet was jam-packed with amenities which I really liked. The in-flight entertainment system has much to choose from and could easily keep you pre-occupied for the whole of the flight duration. Overall, the flight was very pleasant but the meal could’ve been much better.
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I cancelled my flight"

Trip Verified | 15th March I was meant to fly back to Sydney from Amsterdam. I was visiting family and friends and with COVID-19 I found it hard to leave. I was checked in but later that day read on the Singapore website that you weren't allowed to enter Singapore airport if you've been to Germany in the last 14 days. I did. I went through Germany for wintersport to Austria just beforey, so I cancelled my flight. I received 83 euros back (which hardly covers my flight) and I didn't have a choice of accepting that money or not. I just got it back. I tried to contact the airline many times about the situation and never got a reply. Now they're saying they can't help me because I already received 83 euro back for my cancellation. Whereas I know and should've had the right to receive flight credits instead for a flight back to Sydney.
RouteAmsterdam to Sydney via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"told again and again to wait"

Trip Verified | Despicable handling of ticket refunds/flight credits. Purchased ticket through Ctrip in early March for an April departure. Conditions then were: free changes to itinerary. Itinerary was subsequently re-ticketed on Mar 16 due to evolving situation. Departure postponed to May. Now they want to give neither a refund nor flight credits, available to customers who had booked prior to Mar 15, because my ticket was re-issued literally minutes after 0000 hrs, 16 March. I am told again and again to wait. As for what, I am not sure. In the meantime, the route has been canceled for the month of May and Ctrip has not contacted me about my itin.
RouteSingapore to Nagoya
Date FlownMay 2019

"does not give you full refunds"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Bangkok via Singapore booked for March 20th. Singapore Airlines does not give you full refunds or vouchers should they decide. In my case they stated that they have adopted a new travel restriction earlier than the Thailand government required and, thus, would have to seek some other transport. Today 03.04 they also confirmed a hefty cancellation/no-show fee would be deduced.
RouteOsaka to Bangkok via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"there was a fare difference"

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Perth via Singapore. Had to bring my flights home forward by 2 days due to border shutdowns and Government advice re corona virus. Charged me an extra $520AUD to do so despite having a far longer layover in Singapore. Claim that there is no rebooking charge, but there was a fare difference.
RouteDa Nang to Perth via Singapore

"justify charging customers"

Not Verified | Due to the corona virus out break we decided to travel home 6 days early out of a 28 day holiday in Penang, we contacted SIA regarding a change to our flight who informed us we would have to pay 1350RM per person a total of 2700RM. After booking the flight we received an email saying the flight was cancelled with no explanation other than to ring one of there offices in Penang or KL this was at 18.15 there offices close at 17.30. I feel that Singapore Airlines are taking advantage of passengers trying to return home how can they justify charging customers for wanting to return home early. My opinion is 2700RM was an exorbitant price to have pay for a change to flights tickets also the both flights had spare seats when we boarded the flights. We will be returning to Penang when this crises is over but as frequent flyers on Singapore Airlines we will be looking at other airlines.
RoutePenang to Manchester via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I recommend Singapore Airlines"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Manila to Kuala Lumpur via Singapore. I was so happy that I can use In-flight Entertainment System, unlike Cebu Pacific, doesn't have it. Also foods, no need to pay, it is free. On our connecting flight, we almost missed the plane for Singapore to Manila. Running and running, after we landed at Singapore from Kuala Lumpur of SilkAir. It's a little bit delay of Silk Air Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. We thank God that we still catch up the flight! I recommend Singapore Airlines!
RouteManila to Kuala Lumpur via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2019

"just want a refund"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Koh Samui via Singapore. Our flights home were cancelled via email a week ago. Supposed to be flying home today. Email stated that we could get in touch via online form, which has taken days and hours to get to actually work. Email response said that they would get in touch shortly, so far nothing. Won't give refund so that we can source other options, only credit for future flights. Unreachable via phone. Can't log on to site at all now. Phone number states not in service. I understand they must be overwhelmed with queries, but feeling totally abandoned and just want a refund so I can find another way home.
RouteMelbourne to Koh Samui via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I never expected such behavior from SQ"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | My flight was canceled by Singapore Airlines due to Corona Virus. No transit in SIN possible anymore. They simply cancelled my flights and gave no helping hand to re-book etc. I am booked in Business Class. No refund was granted, only to keep the ticket open for one year. They informed me that if I re-booked to a later flight, a fare difference might appear and I would have to pay on top. This is unbelievable. First they deny any refund, which all other airlines grant, now I also have to pay on top if I re-book to another date. As a frequent traveler and Gold Card Member of Star Alliance, I never expected such behavior from SQ. I strongly suggest not to tolerate such a customer unfriendly style. For me and my company, SQ is not anymore in the traveling list. We will prefer LH/TG going to Europe, and to the US. I am very sorry to write these lines, but other fellow travelers should be aware. By the way the way to get an answer from SQ might take 15-20 days.
RouteBangkok to Frankfurt
Date FlownNovember 2019

"crew were friendly and efficient"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Singapore. This was our first time flying Premium Economy and my expectation was for Singapore Airlines was to provide an exceptional experience. Firstly the boarding in Melbourne was good, the ground and cabin crew were friendly and efficient. Plenty of legroom and nice comfortable seats. Noise-cancelling headphones were supplied although my wife had to ask for them as they weren't at her seat. The back of the seat in front was a bit grubby and I used an antiseptic wipe to clean it, there were some other grubby bits around the armrest and tray table. Champagne was offered and gratefully accepted. The meal service was prompt although it was just an economy meal. I was hoping for something a little better as I paid double the economy ticket price. Wine was offered however only one red and one white, I don't like Sauvignon Blanc and that was the only white. I did ask the flight attendant for a Chardonnay and she was very obliging and managed to find a glass for me. Big Plus! The flight was comfortable and the crew were outstanding. It makes a difference when the crew are customer-focused. Overall a good experience. Two things, ditch the Sauvignon Blanc and provide an upgraded Premium Economy meal.
AircraftBoeing 777 300ER