Singapore Airlines

"prevented me from logging in to my account"

Trip Verified | As part of my student privileges I get 1 free change which they caused unnecessary delays of over 2 weeks to help me with. They have been asking personal information and the exact same documents repeatedly with me talking to different representatives over the same thing again and again. They will act like they want to help but will actually provide no transparency and will only waste your time. In fact, their technical team prevented me from logging in to my account and magically on making a complaint and sending them screenshots of reduced fares, they responded and took 2 weeks more to let me login to my account. Their actions need to be reported.
RouteSydney to Dubai via Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2024

"No compensation"

Trip Verified | Singapore Airlines quality has declined significantly over the years. I used to fly regularly but stopped taking it for a while until yesterday on a long haul flight from Houston. Food and beverage - Just above average. Beef bourguignon was overcooked and not tender. Chicken Tikka lacks flavor. Poor wine selection. Only one that was really good was the singaporean crab cake. Premium economy lacks leg room vs others. Pillow case is old and faded in color. Some parts of seat sides not cleaned properly. Entertainment Behind vs others. Live TV doesn’t work. Lacks in brightness and sharpness. Lack of TV series options. Worst, it was down the whole 24 hrs flight during my wife and kids travel on June 18th. They gave compensation vouchers but only for inflight shopping which lacks necessary / useful items. Wifi onboard while it’s free it lacks the speed. Amenities did not get any. Not even eye mask, tooth brush. Cabin crew no longer the proud “singapore hospitality” it once was. Some friendly and attentive, some others just wanting to get the flight over and go home. One even mistook connecting headphone to headphone jack as phone charging so she forced me to take it off during landing and when she realize she was wrong did not say sorry. During my flight from Houston on July 5th I suddenly received notice that baggage is transferred to another flight. While it’s good they notified early and they delivered to my holiday accommodation, had to wait for 8 hours without clothing and basic necessities and ended up doing last minute shopping. They acted as if it’s a normal situation. No compensation. Punctuality I have to say they still excel in this area (hence the two star). It seems likely that SQ has exercised significant budget cuts post covid to increase profitability. However, price is still high vs others so it’s time to take a reflection.
AircraftA350-900
RouteHouston to Jakarta via Manchester / Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2024

“A fantastic flight!”

Not Verified | A fantastic flight! Crew made me feel very comfortable from the first moment I entered the plane. The food was excellent, very tasty and refined and the wine selection was amazing. Thank you so much for making such a long flight a great experience!
AircraftSQ305
RouteLondon to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2024

“the best customer service”

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | My wife and I flew Singapore Airlines from Frankfurt to Jakarta with stop over in Singapore on SQ25, and SQ964. I just want to commend all the cabin crews on both flights, they are such a dedicated crews and very professional. I ranked them as the best customer service in any airlines that I have flown before. The plane is a bit worn but they have maintained their interior, seats are comfortable, and is spotless. The inflight entertainments needs an upgrade, and meals were a bit degraded from the previous experienced with them, but I truly enjoyed flying with Singapore airlines for their friendly and top of the notch customer service.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteFrankfurt to Jakarta via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2024

"SIA can do much better than this"

Trip Verified | Could not be more opposite to my previous flight. New A350 but very, very untidy. Cabin crew had no consideration for passengers, only came around once. I know it's a short flight, but I also know that SIA can do much better than this. Despite this, I will continue to use SIA.
RouteSingapore to Cebu

"a very pleasant flight"

Trip Verified |   Had a very pleasant flight on a 787. Very attentive and polite staff despite the fact it was a "red eye" flight out of Perth. Awesome staff, well done. Flight was 20 minutes early. When I tried to register my Kris flyer points on board the aircraft it kept telling me that my membership number was invalid. I will follow this up with SIA in the near future.
RoutePerth to Cebu via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2024

"experience was quite remarkable"

Trip Verified | The experience was quite remarkable, 787-10 from MNL, service was fantastic though the only let down was the Airconditioned was not working properly so it was warm the whole 3hr to SIN but other than that good IFE, food and warm crew Service. 77W to MEL, another outstanding service faultless all over from food, IFE, crew and the lavatory was spotless, would definitely look to fly with SQ again and highly recommend.
AircraftBoeing 787-10 / 777-300ER
RouteManila to Melbourne via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2024

"they wouldn’t refund the money"

Not Verified | I had a business flight booked and due to the sad passing of my mother I asked if I could pull the outbound leg forward to tie in with her funeral. Singapore Airlines were very kind and said they would move the flight at no charge to me on compassionate grounds. I was very pleased as had enough going on. When I checked the booking they had not moved to the correct airport. I was then told the move would cost around $2k. I asked where the compassion had gone and a week or so later I took a call from a rep to say they would be refunding the difference. I was happy as felt they had dealt with properly. Later that evening I received an email telling me they were looking into the case, but I said there was no need as I had taken a call to say all ok. Wind forward a few weeks and I have taken numerous calls and emails telling me they are looking into the refund. A few days ago I was told I wouldn’t be refund. I just took that call, and the rep said they wouldn’t refund the money and I could cancel my flight for a refund. As you can imagine, I was more than upset that SA were advising me to cancel my flight for my mother’s funeral for a refund. This is an airline who just announced record profits and prior to this and been a pleasure to fly with. But clearly profits come before passengers now.
RouteSydney to London via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2024

"wanted to change my return date"

Trip Verified | I wanted to change my return date. could not do it through the website. I gave up after 4 tries. then called an automated number that did not provide the options for service just told numbers. I guessed choice 5 on my 5th. call then had online a customer service officer who told me that it will cost me $1300 more to change my return flight despite the website telling me a cost of $265, mostly change date fee. Escalated to issue, been told to call back 72 hours later. Could not change my plans that late so I gave up.
RouteDarwin to Paris via Singapore
Date FlownMay 2024

"warm, and great hospitality"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | SQ26 in Premium Economy. SQ Counter at FRA now has 3 Kiosks. Rather useless for their wide body flights. Multiple times motioned, then verbally called for ground staff assistance for help at the Kiosk, but they looked at me like I was an Oil Painting. After a rude staff looked at me, never asking me if I was ok, another agent came out, and took me to a bagdrop counter. Counter agent was polite, friendly, and gave directions to security. Incoming aircraft late, with no preboarding calls. Once aboard crew extremely friendly, warm, and great hospitality. Cabin 75% full. Took off with multiple drink runs, and lunch orders taken. I had the Duck, was excellent. Salad and Strudel also perfect. Crew came back with multiple Champagne, and Beer refills, then to collect my tray, asking how it was. Seat comfortable, IFE was ok. Crew took Refreshment order and came back. Landed in JFK early, despite late take off. SQ’s FRA Ground Staff have been a disaster since 2021, other than that excellent trip. Can’t wait for my next SQ Adventure.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER