Singapore Airlines

"Lots of room for improvement"

Trip Verified | Very disappointing service from SIA. Plane was dirty departing SIN and staff communication was poor. Staff were curt to the point of thinly veiled rudeness. Lots of room for improvement here.
RouteSingapore to Adelaide
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Significant lower services and amenities"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | There were no welcome-drinks offered, no paper-menu available, no newspapers or magazines offered, Slippers, eye-shades and socks on request. No tooth-brush- or shaving-kits in the washrooms, instead on request an amenity-kit containing a tooth-brush-set and a pair of socks. The quality and quantity of food is lowered significantly, with cold food items covered by plastic. The cheese plate is pre-packed with 2 tiny choices. I was lucky to get as a Solitaire PPS member a second one. There was not even a slice of lemon for a good glass of tea or a simple Gin Tonic available. Wines are offered based on red or white. Only after request, the bottles are shown. Yet, any description of the taste and the drinking experience is – thanks to the no menu. Same for food: no chance to enhancing your appetite by looking at the menu upfront, no chance to check quickly what kind of food you are enjoying right now because you need to open the digital menu – which means you have to pause the movie you are watching, search for the meal menu to finally get to the description of dishes - I did not manage to find it. No pralines are offered after the main meal anymore. No Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge available any more. No hot towels to refresh after boarding, after the meal or sleep. Chocolate (e.g. Ferrero Rocher before) on the snack-selection was replaced by cheap no-name cookies, which comes in a see-through plastic-container. The silver-kris-magazine available online only. The internet-connectivity was poor on this flight and did not work for more than 50% of the flight-time. Significant lower services and amenities for a significantly higher price.
RouteFrankfurt to Ho Chi Minh City via Singapore

Singapore Airlines customer review

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | We had a very unpleasant experience with Singapore Airlines. We have originally purchased our ticket to India from Auckland to Delhi and from Delhi to Auckland via Melbourne, leaving on the 9th of April and coming back on the 24th of April. We have received an email on 11th of February that our flight SQ4235 has been cancelled from Melbourne to Auckland. We have contacted the call centre and tried to rebook our flight. We choose the option of rebooking on 31st of May from Delhi to Auckland via Singapore so we have less transfers, flight number SQ403 and SQ4281 operated by Air New Zealand. The call centre operator informed us that all the economy tickets were sold on those flights, so we have an option to purchase Premium Economy tickets by paying an extra $937.60 NZD. We were charged this amount on 6th of March. We were excited to come back to Auckland and for first time in our life in Premium Economy. Unfortunately, our excitement was totally crushed when we realized we can only board the plane in economy class upon check in online. We have tried to contact the call centre again but were unable to get hold on an operator 3 times (we totally understand the current circumstances). The Delhi Airport staff were lovely but were unable to upgrade our tickets. We don't mind Economy tickets as we normally would not upgrade our flights but, in this case, we had no other choice and were charged an extra amount for nothing.
RouteAuckland to Delhi
Date FlownApril 2022

"requests were pending for both flights"

Trip Verified | Not recommended if you have food restriction. I requested many days via App and call before my flight SIN to LHR for gluten free and non-beef mean. However my requests were pending for both flights. The crew offered to serve me “Pasta with bread’ instead of gluten free meal. After feeding back to the airlines, there’s no response from them.
RouteSingapore to London
Date FlownMay 2022

"A350 seats are thin and hard"

Trip Verified | 5 star for flight attendants, always friendly and helpful. The A350 seats are thin and hard. Boarding process was very unorganised. Quality of my food was terrible. SilverKris lounge at Changi airport was chaotic, impossible to find a seat.
RouteSydney to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2022

"asked for a refund/compensation"

Trip Verified | My recent flights with Singapore airlines were some of the worst travel experiences I have had. We have been unable to travel to New Zealand for almost 3 years due to the pandemic. As borders were finally open we booked flights with Singapore Airlines, which were more expensive than any other airline, thinking spending more money would be worth it after such a long wait .. how wrong were we! Our outbound flight, SQ 305 on 17 March 2022 from London to Singapore was delayed by 1 hour and 53 minutes, which led to us being unable to make our connection flight to Auckland, SQ 281 on 18 March 2022. They then had a technical fault also and the flight was further delayed, causing our missed connection time to Auckland. The staff onboard the plane had no idea what was going to happen, and even though most of the aircraft had connections to make, they gave us no information and were incredibly unhelpful. Once we arrived in Singapore, it was an even worse state of affairs. We were greeted by a makeshift desk with everyone scrambling to give out new tickets (there were literally hundreds of people with missed connections). We were told we had missed our flight, and the next connection was 14 hours away. No food vouchers, no hotel rooms offered. We were told all the airport hotels were booked, however we walked to and managed to get a room, at our own cost. The next flight was also packed, and even though my partner and I had paid extra money for seats together, the new plane was unable to accommodate this and we had to sit separately. My partner has food intolerances, and none of his meals was catered for on the next 10-hour-long flight. He was offered some crisps and that was all for the entire flight. We honestly could not believe how bad the whole journey had been and arrived in Auckland completely and utterly exhausted. A really bad start to a trip we had been looking forward to for such a long time. On our return flight, we luckily made our connection. I would say the meals and customer service have gone downhill and it did not feel like we were traveling on a premium airline. Since being home, we have complained to Singapore Airlines and asked for a refund/compensation for our outward flight and the hotel we had to pay for. However, they claim it is not their fault and is refusing any refunds.
RouteLondon to Auckland via Singapore
Date FlownApril 2022

"service has been going down and prices going up"

(Cambodia)

Trip Verified | Since COVID, Singapore Airlines service has been going down and prices going up, Phnom Penh to Paris which was approximately between 2800 and 3300$ is now around 5 to 6000$. They don't give any more amenity kits or we may have to ask? Also, they do not propose anymore any drinks like Champagne before taking off. The lounge quality is also not like before, I presume Covid is an excuse for everything but we are still paying the price so what? We should accept it I presume. The quality of the company service is clearly going down, I hope they will improve that for going back to their best but before reading that they are I will certainly try another company to see the difference.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteParis to Phnom Penh via Singapore
Date FlownApril 2022

"the experience was amazing"

Not Verified | After spending a little more on the flight than intended after flying on this return journey with Singapore was happy I did as the overall experience was second to none. The check in at LHR was seamless even with the necessary Covid checks in place and being done efficiently by the check in staff. Boarding the plane I immediately became aware of the "Singapore girl" exceptional customer service the airline is known for. The food service was efficient and rapid and there was a wide selection of other snacks available with a fruit bowl also with crisps etc for during the flight. The flight to Manila was smooth, service was also great even in the smaller less crowded flight. The staff continued to deliver amazing professionalism and attention to detail. The attention to detail became very noticeable on the return flight from Singapore to London. After another comfortable and pro professional flight from Manila I boarded the flight to London and for reasons unknown, my booked seat hadn't been reserved. I was one of the first on, as I prefer to also sit at the back of the plane, and I mentioned it to the cabin crew who immediately took me off the plane, against the flow of oncoming passengers (I was that guy and felt very embarrassed) took me to the ground staff who radioed to the gate to change my boarding pass to an aisle seat which they did without any fuss or questions asked. As I had now moved seats and there are only so many meals in the trolley to cater for the expected number of passengers in each specific areas on the plane, my moving now had to be factored in and to my surprise I overheard once cabin crew day to the other "Mr Taylor has moved from seat 67f to 46h". When I left the plane the cabin crew by the door said "Thank you for flying, See you again soon Mr Taylor" Overall Singapore airlines for me is hands down the best and aside from the ground team at Singapore airport the experience was amazing and I will definitely be booking my flights with them again. Hopefully to try out their world class business class.
RouteLondon to Manila via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2022

"refuses to refund my ticket"

Trip Verified | The airline refuses to refund my ticket for May 2022. The request to instead rebook my ticket if a refund is not possible was also never replied to. I had contacted the airlines on april 20th via their portal and have not received any answer until now. I had also called their customer service last week and had to wait 1 hour until someone picked up. The person that picked up was not helpful at all, putting me on hold for at least another 20 minutes in total. In the end my request to refund the ticket into credits or money or at least rebook the ticket in the same class for another date was not fulfilled. I was told I could expect another call from a manager in the same week which did not happen.
RouteSingapore to Zürich
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I feel the standards are dropping"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I have flown SQ many times but I feel the standards are dropping. Contacting customer service was impossible. Call back takes about 3 working days. No issue with check in. Boarding as expected. The lounge in Singapore is very disappointing. Poor selection food, over crowded, reasonable service. On flight service is ok, efficient but not warm. Seats are good but dated. Food above average but no welcome drink or towel. I was ignored during the long 13h flight unless you ask for help. Don’t get me wrong, SQ is still above average but losing ground fast. They need to buck up. Start by improving customer service, don’t keep us waiting for hours for a reply on CHAT.
AircraftBoeing 777 300 ER