Singapore Airlines

"waiting for check-in for over 2 hours"

Trip Verified | The check-in process at JFK was the worst check-in experience I've experienced. I was waiting for check-in for over 2 hours. The line just didn't move at all. The agent was extremely inefficient. I was one of the last customers to check in and it was about 30 minutes before the departure time. The counter agents was escorting a group of last-to-check-in customers to the security checkpoint so they could skip the line (we were late) and somehow I was the only one who left in the security line on my own. The service on board was terrible despite the high-regarded in-flight service that Singapore Airlines is usually known for. The service was so slow for a flight with only 160 customers. I sat at one of the single seat toward the end of the aircraft and the steward kept bumping into me like I was sitting on the aisle. He didn't even apologize. My food was OK at best. The worst part was probably the lavatories. Truly disgusting, trash was everywhere on the floor.
RouteNew York to Ho Chi Minh City via Singapore

"Very average service"

Trip Verified | My wife and I booked a ticket to Manila from London. A few weeks after we booked we received an e-mail that very clearly stated that we could upgrade to Business class and showed a price We jumped at it and booked. We got an email saying we were upgraded on the 2nd leg from Singapore to Manila. I called and was told we were not upgraded on the London Manila leg as Business class was full. I told the CS rep that we did not need Business class for a 3 hour flight and requested a refund, the lady went to ask her supervisor who then told us company policy was no refunds. We went from being a happy customer to a very unhappy one. The food was the same as all other airlines, nothing memorable. The in flight staff were great. We are disabled. Very average service. Much better on our usual carrier, Qatar Airways. We had a bad experience 7 years ago with SQ and swore never to fly them again. I wish we had kept to that decision.
RouteLondon to Manila via Singapore
Date FlownApril 2022

"service has been downgrade"

Trip Verified | The SQ system can almost never get mileage accrual nor ticket changes right. I have called them 29 times in the last 12 months and the contact number has an average waiting time of just over 1 hour. I wasted so much time with them on the line. The service has been downgraded so much. Most amenities are gone. My food was of very low quality and Book the chef is mostly not available (even if they claim they are on the website).
RouteNewark to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2022

"Singapore Airlines only allow 30 kgs total"

Trip Verified | I just had the worst experience at Paris CDG Airport. Their baggage weight policies are insane. I was in Nairobi then Paris coming from NY. Decided to extend through Singapore heading to Hanoi. I have been allowed 50lbs (about 23kgs) by every airline but Singapore Airlines only allow 30 kgs total and they tried to charge me $700 for about 16 extra kgs. I ended up arguing with them and took some stuff out of my and stuck it in my jacket and carry on.
RouteParis to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2022

"unreasonable pricing policy changes"

Trip Verified | Onboard service, food, seats, and entertainment are good. Sudden and unreasonable pricing policy changes? Totally annoying. During corona, SQ sold Economy (lite/value/standard) Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) tickets with certain terms and conditions for each class. Economy Lite offered what I needed: (1) lowest fare, (2) 25kg check in, (3) ability to change parts of the trip (before use) without additional fees, if whole return ticket price was similar/cheaper as original ticket. Changing ticket worked fine, and made me very happy with my purchase. However, since travel restrictions in Singapore have been relaxed, SQ has changed their pricing policies without notice (as in their small letters). Now they charge you unreasonable for a ticket price change: (1) Flight leg you want to change, (2) Look at one-way ticket prices for that leg of your trip (rather than whole ticket prices, as before), (3) your full trip fare that you paid, is then deducted from the one-way ticket price (which is often double that of a new return ticket on similar dates), (4) you're asked to pay the remaining difference in order to change your ticket.
RouteAmsterdam to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"Service was all over the place"

Trip Verified | There was no water or juice served for one and half hours which was ridiculous. Food serving was chaotic as crew moving back wards and forwards in a disorganised fashion. We ordered Hindu non veg meal and ordered meal were missing from the cabin crew list. Quantity of my food was horrific. Service was all over the place and chaotic. When I questioned they said there are 30 kids travelling on a full flight.
RouteMelbourne to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2022

"Impossible to change my booking online"

Trip Verified | The aircraft and the crew are so nice. People are helpful and very kind. But the customer service is honestly the worst I've ever seen. Impossible to change my booking online. I was in Thailand impossible to contact them. They do not answer mails or phone. I would never fly again with them.
RouteParis to Phuket via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2022

"very kind, helpful and caring"

Trip Verified | Flew today 5th April 2022 on the 1500 flight and the cabin crew were more than fantastic! They were very kind, helpful and caring. I would definitely travel with them again as this was one of the best experiences I've had. Well done SQ and keep up the good work!
RouteSydney to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2022

"We totally enjoy the flight"

Trip Verified | My wife and me were on our holiday trip to USA and taken SQ32 on 31/3 in SIA business Class seat 15D & F. We are happy with the check in and boarding. It was very smooth although there were COVID 19 documents to verify. Crew on board was cheerful and helpful. The soup does not taste peppery at all. This need to improve as Singaporeans will not like this. I had chicken rice and the rice was super nice with the chillie. The chicken could have been better with abit more flavour. The appetizers (salmons & prawns) were nice. Like the cheese and biscuits as well. When we were ask which red wine we would like to have, I’ve chosen the Barrosa red wine because I am familiar with it. At the initial stage suggest that the stewardess could have just recommend one of them since I was indecisive on which red wine to choose from. When I asked about any arrival and custom forms to fill in. A few of the steward and stewardess told us it is now done online but when we arrived the SFO ground staff told us there is no requirement for now to fill out any forms. SIA need to update their cabin crew about this as this was a bit of worry for me as I have not been to USA for 10 years. Not the cabin crew’s fault for this. Overall the cabin crew team on board were cheerful and helpful. We totally enjoy the flight in business class especially my wife as this is her first time in business class and she enjoy the new business class seat a lot as she was I totally worried that she could not sleep but the food down seat converted to bed was comfortable for her to sleep in.
AircraftA350ULR
RouteSingapore to San Francisco
Date FlownMarch 2022

"a very friendly service"

Trip Verified | MAN-SIN-SYD-SIN-MAN earlier this month was my first long-haul flights since before the pandemic. I’ve always loved Singapore Airlines, and I still do. Generally, a very friendly service, although I felt that the cabin crew on the MAN-SIN leg were a bit less so. I wondered if this might be due to travel fatigue after laying over from IAH on the fourth of four sectors. In-flight catering was my big issue with SQ on this trip. The flight time from MAN-SIN-MAN is longer due to the war in Ukraine and Russian airspace being closed - I reckon at least two hours more. I was a bit frustrated that the two meals were on opposite ends of that 14 hours. The lack of a printed menu (due to Covid - which I couldn’t understand as these have always been printed and distributed fresh anyway) meant that half way through the first 14 hours I actually paid for a bit of internet access, so I could see what refreshments were on offer (it was supposed to be free to do this, but I couldn’t work it out - although in hindsight, I should have just asked!). I was so hungry - the meals, refreshment and alcohol servings were just way too small. Entertainment is great, and the upgrade IFE since I last flew SQ a while back was nice. Seating in Economy is good (always nice to have three of four legs with a free seat next to me), although one the A380 the seat angle was very far back - some people like that, I didn’t. While not quite the uber luxurious SQ of days gone by, I still think they are a great airline. Just fix up the catering, especially.
AircraftA350, Boeing 777, A380