Singapore Airlines

"experience was quite remarkable"

Trip Verified | The experience was quite remarkable, 787-10 from MNL, service was fantastic though the only let down was the Airconditioned was not working properly so it was warm the whole 3hr to SIN but other than that good IFE, food and warm crew Service. 77W to MEL, another outstanding service faultless all over from food, IFE, crew and the lavatory was spotless, would definitely look to fly with SQ again and highly recommend.
AircraftBoeing 787-10 / 777-300ER
RouteManila to Melbourne via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2024

"they wouldn’t refund the money"

Not Verified | I had a business flight booked and due to the sad passing of my mother I asked if I could pull the outbound leg forward to tie in with her funeral. Singapore Airlines were very kind and said they would move the flight at no charge to me on compassionate grounds. I was very pleased as had enough going on. When I checked the booking they had not moved to the correct airport. I was then told the move would cost around $2k. I asked where the compassion had gone and a week or so later I took a call from a rep to say they would be refunding the difference. I was happy as felt they had dealt with properly. Later that evening I received an email telling me they were looking into the case, but I said there was no need as I had taken a call to say all ok. Wind forward a few weeks and I have taken numerous calls and emails telling me they are looking into the refund. A few days ago I was told I wouldn’t be refund. I just took that call, and the rep said they wouldn’t refund the money and I could cancel my flight for a refund. As you can imagine, I was more than upset that SA were advising me to cancel my flight for my mother’s funeral for a refund. This is an airline who just announced record profits and prior to this and been a pleasure to fly with. But clearly profits come before passengers now.
RouteSydney to London via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2024

"wanted to change my return date"

Trip Verified | I wanted to change my return date. could not do it through the website. I gave up after 4 tries. then called an automated number that did not provide the options for service just told numbers. I guessed choice 5 on my 5th. call then had online a customer service officer who told me that it will cost me $1300 more to change my return flight despite the website telling me a cost of $265, mostly change date fee. Escalated to issue, been told to call back 72 hours later. Could not change my plans that late so I gave up.
RouteDarwin to Paris via Singapore
Date FlownMay 2024

"warm, and great hospitality"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | SQ26 in Premium Economy. SQ Counter at FRA now has 3 Kiosks. Rather useless for their wide body flights. Multiple times motioned, then verbally called for ground staff assistance for help at the Kiosk, but they looked at me like I was an Oil Painting. After a rude staff looked at me, never asking me if I was ok, another agent came out, and took me to a bagdrop counter. Counter agent was polite, friendly, and gave directions to security. Incoming aircraft late, with no preboarding calls. Once aboard crew extremely friendly, warm, and great hospitality. Cabin 75% full. Took off with multiple drink runs, and lunch orders taken. I had the Duck, was excellent. Salad and Strudel also perfect. Crew came back with multiple Champagne, and Beer refills, then to collect my tray, asking how it was. Seat comfortable, IFE was ok. Crew took Refreshment order and came back. Landed in JFK early, despite late take off. SQ’s FRA Ground Staff have been a disaster since 2021, other than that excellent trip. Can’t wait for my next SQ Adventure.
RouteFrankfurt to new York
Date FlownJune 2024

“Can’t wait for my next SQ trip”

(Japan)

Trip Verified | SQ26 FRA-JFK in Premium Economy. Check in at FRA disaster. They have 3, yes 3 Kiosk Machines. Totally useless for the Widebody flights, SQ flies out of there. Multiple times, Motioned, then verbally called for Groundstaff to assist me at the Kiosk, but they just looked at me, like I was a Oil Painting. After the appallingly rude staff looked at me, never asking me if I was ok, another agent came out, and took me to the front of the line to drop of my bag. Counter agent was polite, quickly completing, and directing me to Security. Incoming aircraft late, with no pre boarding calls. Once aboard crew extremely friendly, warm, and great hospitality. Cabin 75% full. Took off, with multiple drink runs, and lunch orders taken. I had the Duck, was excellent. Salad, and Strudel were excellent. Crew came back with multiple Champagne, and Beer Refills, and to collect my tray. Finally when I was done they took it, and asked how was it. Was impressed, that I mentioned to the crew, in their work center, how efficient, and excellent they were. Seat comfortable, IFE ok. Crew took refreshment order, and came back. Landed in JFK early, despite late take off. SQ’s FRA Ground Staff been a disaster since 2021, other than that excellent trip. Can’t wait for my next SQ trip.
RouteFrankfurt to New York JFK

“Sadly disappointed”

Not Verified | Flew Singapore Airlines to avoid cheaper budget airlines thinking it would be a better experience by paying more for the flight. Sadly disappointed, food choice was not available then the offering provided was cold. No drinks offered, seats were stacked so close together to squeeze as many as possible into the available space. Inflight entertainment is really bad. Appears Singapore is trying to extract as much money as possible from its passengers while offering nothing better than budget airlines. Will not fly them again and urge others to look at options.
AircraftA350 900
RouteMelbourne to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2024

"will continue flying with SQ"

Trip Verified | SQ25, in Premium Economy. Bought tickets in March. JFK Terminal 4 Counters in renovation, so was difficult to find the counter. Once arrived SQ Ground staff checked in me. Had LH Connections, and asked the associate to inquire help, ensuring my Rimowa could be picked up there. Her colleague did that, and printed my two Lufthansa connection boarding passes. We boarded on time. Empty business class. Menus are back, hot towels are back, and amenity kits. You had to ask for a kit. It is nice, but I’m rather buffaloed you do not check the other slippers, like they have in Business Class. Crew was extremely attentive, and friendly. Champagne served in the plastic glasses. IFE seemed ok, for a short hop. This crew didn’t go around forcing everyone to put there shades down, like previous SQ25 flights had. For dinnner I had the Cantonese Pork, was really good. Multiple Champagne rounds, and a round of Shiraz to go with the Cheese. Only slept 90-120 minutes. Crew did 0 drink runs, and seem to have disappeared. 90 minutes out of FRA, Came out with New Beginnings Refreshment Sandwiches, and drink run. Arriving into FRA on time. Definitely will continue flying with SQ.
RouteNew Yotk to Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2024

“I mistook 12pm for midnight"

Trip Verified | My recent return flights Singapore to Rome on Singapore Airlines were the worst airline experience I've had in my 50 years of international travel and I paid a premium for it. I booked my flights thinking I would treat myself to a quality experience and also paid over SGD50 to reserve my preferred seats. A longwinded online check in which didn't allow me to select carry on only. I needed the airport check in counter to sort that out. Then I noticed I'm not in my reserved seat, instead I have been seated in one of the worst seats in the plane, opposite the toilets. The flight was late, service was chaotic and I was constantly disturbed by the toilet use. I contacted customer service after the flight. ‘Operational/technical reasons’ were the excuse for my seat change (no change of plane type); no they wouldn't refund the seat reservation fee (they are reviewing but no word for 5 weeks). Also the reserved seat on my return flight was also unavailable (to me) and no, no refund, they would try to find a similar seat. I was passed around a series of CSRs, all of whom were brusque, intransigent and unhelpful. For my return flight, online check in would not let me register my Kris Flyer account because someone at SA had altered my name details. This took over an hour to sort out. In the end I missed the flight because I mistook 12pm for midnight. I contacted SA and was offered a seat on the next flight for SGD1400 'as a courtesy'. Even upset I said no to that. I booked with Gulf Air for SGD700, but I noticed in my searches the flight the CSR had offered, available online for SGD1000. The worst customer service and flight experience I have ever had from an airline that markets itself as offering a premium experience. By all means use SA if it's the cheapest deal, you'll get the same experience as anywhere else. I wouldn't pay a premium to fly with them because you won't get anything for your money. The airline knows how to market itself and maybe at one time, its service was above standard, but no longer. Reviews reveal that quality has tumbled post Covid. Clearly the bean counters have taken over as the airline tries to recoup its losses. In my recent experience, SA has been the rudest, most unhelpful and grudging airline I have ever dealt with and I will be avoiding them in future.
AircraftA350-900
RouteSingapore to Rome
Date FlownApril 2024

"excellent inflight service"

Trip Verified | Singapore Airlines never fails to deliver on its excellent inflight service. On this 16 hour flight, I booked the cook for the two meals - baked lobster for the first meal and chicken briyani for the second. Both meals were really delicious . The movie selection was extensive. I watched the latest Mission Impossible movie on board after the first meal. I managed to sleep for a continuous period of 6 hours before waking up for the second meal. Free wifi was available throughout the flight and was of decent speed. Cabin crew were very helpful and helped to convert the seat to bed mode for sleeping. A special shout-out to LS Jim for his personal care and service.
RouteSan Francisco to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2024

"onboard experiences were good"

Not Verified | Flew from SIN to MNL on Business class and the experience I had with Singapore airlines was an overall pleasant one. Check in staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The SilverKris Lounge at T3 was phenomenal with amazing wide selection of food, relaxing ambience and the one thing I love most is the private nap room. I took a shower which they had facilities in the lounge. The T2 SilverKris lounge looked dated and the food presentation could have been better. The overall ambience, furniture and interior of T2 SKL felt that it did not fit the branding of Singapore airlines and it just felt crowded and not luxurious or relaxing at all. Flying back to Singapore I took SQ business class while my parents were in economy. I was very disappointed because since two weeks prior to the flight I was not able to select seats for my parents who wanted to sit as far up in the forward zone so that I can assist them asap when needed. I even tried reaching out to Singapore airlines but to no avail and I felt like they had little to no empathy in understanding the situation. At one point while using the live chat on the SQ app, the representative was sarcastic which made me feel so disgusted. I also understand that Singapore airlines also does allow us to do online check in up to 48hrs prior to departure time but for some reason they were already allocated seats even before the check in time. The SQ app nor the website didn’t allow us to purchase seats for them and this was very disappointing. Nevertheless, the staff at Manila airport T3 were very friendly too and the SilverKris Lounge at Manila could also have a better range of food selection. Majority of the food there were just quick bites and I felt there should have been rice made available at least. The whole boarding process for my flight SQ919 seemed pretty messy with no staff managing the crowd properly as well in which I don’t entirely blame SQ but blame the airport management for it. Overall the onboard experiences were good and catering was not too bad as well. I just don’t wish for anyone to experience what my parents and I experience when it came to selecting / pre purchasing seats prior to the flight, it was truly not great experience but an inconvenience we will never forget.
RouteSingapore to Manila