Singapore Airlines

" below subpar performance"

Trip Verified | Surabaya to Singapore. Worst airline in terms of punctuality. I am a frequent flier and i took this flight pretty often. For a premium airline (which is like really premium because Singapore Airlines price themselves higher than other airlines flying the same route) they are offering below subpar performance. Well, taking note their “getting you there on-time” slogan. They obviously getting us there but not on-time. One of the worst airlines where it comes to reliability and accountability.
RouteSurabaya to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2018

"the seats are very comfortable"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Johannesburg. Check in and formalities were super efficient as is normal at Changi. The flight is at the unsocial hour of 01.30, recently changed from 02.00. Unfortunately only the scheduled time has changed. We were 30 minutes late, and it seems that this is the norm for this flight, and an extra half hour of sitting around at the time in the morning is frustrating. Boarding when started was efficient. The premium economy cabin is relatively spacious with ample space for storage, and the seats are very comfortable. A pre-take off drink, as is the norm on other airlines premium economy would have been very welcome after the wait. After take off drinks were served. Champagne is offered, but in a tiny plastic faux wine glass, and other drinks are also served in plastic tumblers that seem to become progressively smaller. Due to the timing only a light snack is offered. Although this was quick there was a long wait for coffee or drinks top up to be offered, and tables cleared, as there are no dedicated premium economy crew. Service is the same as economy, and although Singapore Airlines economy is amongst the best it does not match the premium economy service of other airlines such as Qantas. Overall the comfort and space are excellent, but the service level is economy - on all 4 premium economy flights on this trip the curtains between the cabins were left open.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSingapore to Johannesburg
Date FlownNovember 2018

"overall flight was okay"

(Sri Lanka)

Not Verified | Sydney to Singapore. In Sydney, ground staff are particularly efficient. Aircraft was showing its age and perhaps an upgrade is required. I am unsure if it is the timing of the flight or the duration, however, the service lacked the upbeat and positive enthusiasm that SIA is known for, smiles were limited. I must commend the work of the senior flight steward who took excellent care of his passengers and came to check on them every few hours. The meals were average, not necessarily the best. They should allow passengers to know what is being served in the special meals category. Entertainment system didn’t respond either. However, the overall flight was okay, however, I have noted SIA for better service particularly on the SYD-SIN sector.
RouteSydney to Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never use Singapore Air anymore"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Kuala Lumpur via Singapore. It was my first and last time to use Singapore Airlines. Both our flights had delayed for total 5 hours, which caused us to miss our next flight to Kuching. In addition, the food was really worse. I will never use Singapore Air anymore.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDubai to Kuala Lumpur via Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I was pleasantly surprised"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Flew with SQ468 on the 27th of November out of Singapore and I was pleasantly surprised! The aircraft was in a top notch condition and the food was by far the best food I have ever tasted on an airline. The cabin crew were extremely attentive and were very courteous. I should particularly mention how they look after toddlers very well on board. Load factor was full however this wasn’t a challenge for the team at all. The only drawback of an otherwise excellent flight was the fact that the entertainments system malfunctioned so much that I ultimately gave up and went to sleep.
RouteSingapore to Colombo
Date FlownNovember 2018

"service in Sydney unprofessional"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Sydney to Hong Kong via Singapore. The service that I received in Sydney Airport was so unprofessional. The ticket that I bought is student ticket, so I got 10KG more baggage allowance. However, the staff said that my baggage are overload (43kg in total). I understand that baggages are overloaded, and I was happy to pay for the extra 3kg, so I asked the staff how much I have to pay for the extra KGs, she answer AUD270. So I chose to repack my baggage since I think it is more expensive than I expected. after I repacked (1kg extra), the staff asked if I can pay for the extra or not (I was surprised, since it is just 1kg more). Even though I understand that the ground staff are mostly outsourced, they are representing SQ, so I should expect professional service. The aircraft from SIN to HKG was very old that the screen is still is squared format. The meal tasted bad as well. I do not normally complain about the quality of the food as long as they are acceptable, however, I did not think that it is in an acceptable quality from world No. 1 airline. Thirdly, I am not sure if all airlines are like this or not, however, from the meal menu, they have 3 courses to choose, I was informed that they only have 2 courses though. The seat of A380 is alright, but not okay for the B777 since it is way too old. I did not think the staff of SQ is friendly too, you can tell that the staff of my aisle are tired of the job and did not want to serve. I had a really high expectation in SQ since it ranked as the No1 airline, however, my experience tell me that it is not.
AircraftA380-800 / Boeing 777-200
RouteSydney to Hong Kong via Singapore

"fantastic service"

Trip Verified | Flew short-haul flight from Seoul to Singapore with an A330. The plane is not very old (9 years) but had already old fashioned seats (no flat beds) and old entertainment. Both latter are the sole critical points in this experience that have been compensated by a fantastic crew with fantastic service. No airline can ever beat Singapore airlines when it comes to onborad service. A very attentive cabin crew with a very friendly and professional purser. Drinks were great and meal was fantastic that comes as usual with sate as appetizer.
AircraftA330-343
RouteSeoul to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2018

"best business class experience"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Singapore. Having flown long-haul with various airlines over the years, and with Singapore Airlines to Asia before, we opted to use them again as they offer good value and service. We booked direct with the airline, which was cheaper than any aggregator sites - we had intended to fly premium economy, but when booking managed to get a business class outbound journey for almost the same price. The experience was excellent - from the business class SilverKris Lounge at LHR to the onboard service. The plane we were on had the relatively new business class seats, which were superbly comfortable and afforded a truly relaxing journey, with a good range of entertainment, food and drink (we used the 'Book the Cook' to have our own choice from the extensive menu). The wifi was also reasonable even if a 30MB allowance is meagre for a near 12.5 hour flight! The overall service was attentive without being over-bearing and the staff were always smiling - our every request was met and reinforced our view that Singapore Airlines offer the best business class experience among the top airlines.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon Heathrow to Singapore

"service was excellent"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Munich via Singapore. Singapore Airlines has always lived up to its name and quest for excellence. The plane used for the Singapore to Munich leg of the flight has wider seats, wider TV monitor and wider aisle. The cabin crew service was excellent and attending to our needs. The inflight entertainment has more movie choices as compared to last month when I used this airline on return flight to India.
AircraftA350-900
RouteManila to Munich via Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2018

"wine which I don't like"

Trip Verified | I was disgusted with my flight from Auckland to Singapore. I found the food inedible, wine was a sauvignon which I don't like, I asked for Chardonnay just got a no. Toilets were dirty. We have a suit hanger when boarding to be hung and when we disembarked we saw it in the floor, when I asked why it was just dumped on the floor instead of hung up they had a no response attitude. Second leg to Heathrow I am just boarding now and dreading the overnight flight. Will not use them again.
RouteAuckland to Singaporec