Singapore Airlines

"Thanks to ground staff"

Trip Verified | The flight to London from Belfast was delayed, and I only managed to reach counter at 1100. I was told that I am not able to board SQ317, which depart at 1125. However, I was told by the ground staff not to stress and was assured that they will try to work things out. Throughout the process, they were very friendly, professional and prompt to get me a flight SQ305 back to Singapore on the same day, which departs at 1255. In fact, they get me a aisle seat with leg space. Having stressed out the whole morning with the delayed earlier flight, I breathed a sigh of relief. Thanks to ground staff Preeti and Kaye.
RouteLondon to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2022

"Singapore Airlines is still the best"

Trip Verified | Thank you to the cabin crew flying 20 June. After 2.5 years of COVID ravages, Singapore Airlines still maintains outstanding service and food. Complimentary WiFi worked very well too. It is sad that Book the Cook is now only available from flights out of Singapore, but it is minor. Singapore Airlines is still the best.
RouteAmsterdam to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2022

"my reserved seat was not honored"

Trip Verified | The second leg of my trip from Hanoi to San Francisco was on SQ032 on June 16th, and this is the flight I wish to review because my reserved seat was not honored. I was first given a seat which was totally unacceptable and I requested another aisle seat. The second seat was in the exit row directly next to the door (facing the crew jump seats). This new seat had no storage pockets since there was no seat in front, and had both monitor and tray table attached. The toilets were directly behind the crew seats giving me little if any privacy and almost no chance to sleep with the toilet traffic. It is true that this new seat had extra leg room. I was quite miserable in this seat due to the lack of privacy and I had to use the floor for my storage needs. Thank god for the snacks in the rear because the 2 meals served were pretty bad. The flight attendants were most helpful throughout the flight, but I will seriously consider my options when flying this route in the future.
AircraftA350-900
RouteHanoi to San Francisco via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2022

"worst food in business class"

Trip Verified | Singapore Airline is an expensive budget airline. The service was very poor, the call center the worst. This flight I had the worst food in business class I had experienced. Service is slow always and wine options are like economy. Wi-if not working for the overall trip.
RouteSingapore to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2022

"I had excellent service"

Trip Verified | I thought I had excellent service from both the ground staff and the staff on the plane, they really did go out of their way to help me. The only downsides were I thought the mediocre food. having to wear a mask the entire time on an 18 hour flight and the fact my tickets say changes are complimentary but they want to charge me the full price of a ticket to change them.
AircraftA350ULR
RouteNewark to Ho Chi Minh City via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2022

"the standard remains remarkable,"

Not Verified | Our first family holiday (with 2 young children) since pandemic hit. Even with the changes due to COVID (no hot towel etc), the standard remains remarkable, especially the warmness of the cabin crews and extra care towards our 4 year old and 6 year old children. Drinks were replenished throughout the flight. Food and drinks were great with "book the chef" option. We had the signature Lobster dish and the meat was as tender as it can get, for an in flight meal. Departure and Arrival were on time as usual, and great effort by the cabin crew.
RouteSingapore to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2022

"flight was very disappointing"

Trip Verified | Prior to flying I had a nightmare trying to rearrange my flight when quarantine rules changed. Emails were not replied to and the UK telephone line required a pin to proceed. The change I required was not possible online. I purchased an aisle seat but I was not allocated one when they changed my booking. The flight was very disappointing. We took off about 12.30pm. After 1 and a half hours were served a curry and rice, a roll and ice cream. There were only two drinks service during a flight of more than 12 and a half hours. Our second meal, breakfast was served 9.5 hours later. Unfortunately my seat was near the galley and the door to staff quarters and the crew slammed the door nearly every ten minutes and were really inconsiderate I thought. I was quite disgruntled so attempted to get a refund on the seats I had purchased and voice my complaints. Yet again I have found it impossible to contact them.
RouteLondon to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2022

"meals were one of the worst"

Trip Verified | Singapore Airlines is no longer what it used to be. The call centre is a disgrace and fails miserably in its job. Check-in was chaotic. Inflight service has dropped to dismal levels. There is no welcome drink, no hot towels, no menus given. The meals were one of the worst I have ever had. The eggs were dry and rubbery. I have had far better meals in the economy class on Flydubai which is a budget airline.
RouteDubai to Bangkok via Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2021

"The food was only just enough"

Trip Verified | Best aircraft in the fleet! I was a little apprehensive flying on the 737 Max8 from Phuket but this turned out to be the jewel in the fleet. A beautiful spacious modern aircraft with unusually good legroom. No need to upgrade for this short flight. The catering let the side down. OK it was a short flight but serving wet noodles in a cardboard carton is not sensible. It’s too easy to spill or splash down your shirt, not a good look. There was some turbulence after about 30 minutes and the fasten seatbelt signs came on. Unfortunately, they stayed on for the remainder of the flight even though the turbulence ended after 4-5 minutes barring access to the lavatories. SIN-LHR on an A380. A complete nightmare. I had an aisle seat with a very large male next to me spilling into my seat space for 13+ hours. This was forcing me into the aisle space where the crew repeatedly knocked into me either rushing down the plane or bashing me with the catering trollies resulting in no sleep. There was never an apology from any of the crew. The food was only just enough with many of the previously supplied items missing. I will never use them again.
AircraftBoeing 737 Max8 / A380
RoutePhuket to London via Singapore
Date FlownMay 2022

"No wifi all flight"

Trip Verified | First flight on 26th April was a tatty 777-300. The saving grace was no passenger in the middle seat. The carpet in the aisle was threadbare. The seating upholstery was no better, very scruffy. No fruit, no salad, no cheese & crackers and only one choice for breakfast. A cold roll was served but only butter to put on it, no conserves. No pre meal drink service. One beer or 1 glass of wine served with the meal. No wifi all flight. The in flight entertainment had to be rebooted 5 times. The crew were very good on this leg regularly passing through the cabin with water. SIN - BKK a more modern A350. I was looking forward to my 1st flight on an A350. The seats were thin with little support. Again the only saving grace was no centre seat occupant. The crew seemed to be in training with young people following older crew members around. I purposely selected Singapore Airlines for my flight following their pre-covid reputation at extra expense.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / A350-900