Singapore Airlines

"superior customer service"

Not Verified | Manila to London via Singapore. The usual Singapore airlines efficient boarding process using boarding groups on both flights. The seats on the 777 are more comfortable than those on the (refitted) A380. A pity because seat comfort is a priority on a thirteen and a half hour flight. To be honest, the old A380 seats were more comfortable than the new but the new look better. Wonderful attentive service from the FAs on both flights. The food served was good on both flights, in fact the "supper" (chicken thigh, mashed potato and steamed veg with gravy) on the A380 was exceptionally good for economy class. Sadly the breakfasts remain poor. They continue to serve these awful chicken sausages instead of a decent pork sausage (the ONLY thing BA does better than SQ) and the eggs are failures; either a rubbery omelette or scrambled egg that is sloppy and lacks flavour. I did notice some cost saving measures that I had not previously seen on SQ. No amenity kits, which I did not miss but no longer serving sachets of salt and pepper with the meals is a mistake. Airline meals generally lack flavour so I did miss the black pepper. There was also a smaller selection of snacks in the galley. In my view, they still beat the competition, mainly down to their superior customer service so I will continue to use them. The transit experience at Changi is also a big positive.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / A380-800
RouteManila to London via Singapore

"Poor food quality"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Tokyo. Poor food quality (Chef stuff pre-ordered-cold multiple times), aging aircraft interior, insincere flight attendants. Quirky check in (weighing a backpack?). Blow par flight info management (ticketing and gate notification).
RouteLos Angeles to Tokyo
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"still remain my top choice"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Ho Chi Minh via Singapore. I personally prefer to look for a ticket with Singapore Airlines first before any other airlines unless it's a direct flight. there is no direct service between Brisbane and Ho Chi Minh so I was excited about my flight home with Singapore Airlines. Very friendly and efficient ground service. Cabin crew is the among the nicest. Always up for your request. Food quality has gone down as compared to the past. However, drink game is up from offering cocktails and liquor for economy class. I thought I would enjoy the A350-900 more but turned out I like the Boeing 787-10 better. Too bad that the flight with 787-10 was too short. Overall, Singapore Airlines will still remain my top choice if I have to book a flight.
AircraftA350 and B787
RouteBrisbane to Ho Chi Minh via Singapore

"the biggest disappointment"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Denpasar via Singapore. I had looked forward to where I could go with the new Airbus 350 and Singapore Airlines with their excellent quality reputation. However, the entertainment consisted of very few new movies. A menu card was handed out, I ordered chicken with Thai curry. The meat was full of cartilage and the rice was dried up. This was accompanied by a cold soft sugar tasting roll. Singapore Airline offer maybe the cheapest red wine I have tasted. Fortunately they offered Tiger beer. Although the crew carried sparkling wine on the wagon, you had not right to this since "it was not in the menu card" I was told. Very strange. On the return flight to Copenhagen the entertainment was slightly better but the food and beverage was far below the standard you get elsewhere like Qatar Airlines. The experience with Singapore Airlines was the biggest disappointment I have had since very long.
RouteCopenhagen to Denpasar via Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"the legroom is pretty decent"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Seoul Incheon via Singapore. Jakarta to Singapore. Firstly, that the legroom is pretty decent. I am about 180 cm and i still had around 10 cm space left on my knee. The inflight entertainment system was old school, but the channel and contents were up to date. The crew were very nice. The meal was okay, i had this fried noodle with beef served with bun and some fruits. There were always lot of different beverage options on Singapore Airlines which is actually great. It was a short route to Singapore and i did really enjoy the flight. Singapore to Seoul Boeing 787-10. B787-10 legroom was a bit shorter but still enough for 180 cm man like me. But the arm rest gap was a bit narrow. The configuration was 3x3x3 and i sat on the middle and two other passengers sat on my right and left side. It was quite okay at the first place, then the meal time came up. I struggled not to spill other's passengers meal with my elbow because it was narrow. The entertainment system was really new. It had a lot of different options there and it was up to date. It was 5 hours 25 minutes flight. We just had one time meal and one snack time. It was okay tho. There were 2 options such as Korean or Western menus. I opted Korean one with the menu of Bibimbap. It was just okay since bibimbap was only vegetable and beef mixed with Korean condiments and. The cabin was clean and the most interesting of this aircraft that the window shades was electric by dimming the windows colour. It was nice! This was my first time flying with Boeing 787-10 and i still like A380 or A330 better compared to this aircraft.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / 787-10
RouteJakarta to Seoul Incheon via Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"lack in common courtesy"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Los Angeles via Singapore. We departed our flight from Ho Chi Minh City and were on our way to catch our next flight to Los Angeles, when we realized that we had left our Iphone 11 on the plane. The phone was left in the compartment facing the seat. We immediately went to Lost and Found and explained that situation and also informed our agent at the the gate. There was more than enough time for them to have searched the plane before our departure. Unfortunately, we never received any word from the airline. We also filled out paperwork in Los Angeles and we tried contacting Singapore Airlines on many occasions and did not receive one reply. Such a disappointment, the airlines doesn't have the decency to correspond. For an airlines that has such great reviews they definitely lack in common courtesy.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Los Angeles via Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2019

"has dramatically improved"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Busan to Singapore. First of all, the service has dramatically improved since my last trip with SIA. Cabin crews are super friendly, cheerful and serves customer with a big smile. However, the most disappointing part is the attitude of the ground staff in Busan. One of the ground staff was very impatient and does things insincerely. She delays the precious time of my travelmate by asking unnecessary documents as other ground staff does not require it. Another shocking part is the cleanliness situation of the cabin which was quite dirty and not up to SIA's standard. There were coffee stains on the tray table and the cupholder of the seat. However, the cabin crew was responsive and quickly cleaned the stain for lunch. Food was OK and when I did not finish my food, the cabin crew did asked for feedback and offered me other options which is something I appreciate. Despite the disappointment of the cleanliness and attitude of the ground staff, the cabin crew's attitude actually made my day.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBusan to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"food was not really tasty"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Jakarta via Tokyo, Singapore. Friendly service, but not the best. The food was not really tasty. I ate Japanese cuisine and it was disappointing. Every 1 or 2 hour, they offered us drinks, which I like.
RouteLos Angeles to Jakarta via Tokyo, Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2019

"my ticket was marked as flown"

Trip Verified | Upon attempting to return to Australia Singapore Airlines said I could not check in because my ticket was marked as flown by the ticketing airline. I had to buy another ticket with another airline to fly home. I asked for a letter showing I was not allowed to check in - nothing to do with my behaviour, condition etc. Singapore Airlines wrote to me to say I was a "no show" not that there was any problem checking-in.
RouteSingapore to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2019

"ran out of certain dishes"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Singapore was the biggest let down. Okay food but they ran out of certain dishes during the first service run. Service on this flight was understandably rushed due to its 2-hours duration. But it was also terrible. I ordered post-meal drink and notes were taken but they forgot about me. I requested the drink again, but was told too late the bar is closed. We pay premium for business class partly to enjoy the amenities including F&B. Running out of certain dishes and forgetting to serve a drink renders this as a wasted expense and for that we currently do not recommend this airline.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER