Singapore Airlines

"just want a refund"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Koh Samui via Singapore. Our flights home were cancelled via email a week ago. Supposed to be flying home today. Email stated that we could get in touch via online form, which has taken days and hours to get to actually work. Email response said that they would get in touch shortly, so far nothing. Won't give refund so that we can source other options, only credit for future flights. Unreachable via phone. Can't log on to site at all now. Phone number states not in service. I understand they must be overwhelmed with queries, but feeling totally abandoned and just want a refund so I can find another way home.
RouteMelbourne to Koh Samui via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I never expected such behavior from SQ"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | My flight was canceled by Singapore Airlines due to Corona Virus. No transit in SIN possible anymore. They simply cancelled my flights and gave no helping hand to re-book etc. I am booked in Business Class. No refund was granted, only to keep the ticket open for one year. They informed me that if I re-booked to a later flight, a fare difference might appear and I would have to pay on top. This is unbelievable. First they deny any refund, which all other airlines grant, now I also have to pay on top if I re-book to another date. As a frequent traveler and Gold Card Member of Star Alliance, I never expected such behavior from SQ. I strongly suggest not to tolerate such a customer unfriendly style. For me and my company, SQ is not anymore in the traveling list. We will prefer LH/TG going to Europe, and to the US. I am very sorry to write these lines, but other fellow travelers should be aware. By the way the way to get an answer from SQ might take 15-20 days.
RouteBangkok to Frankfurt
Date FlownNovember 2019

"crew were friendly and efficient"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Singapore. This was our first time flying Premium Economy and my expectation was for Singapore Airlines was to provide an exceptional experience. Firstly the boarding in Melbourne was good, the ground and cabin crew were friendly and efficient. Plenty of legroom and nice comfortable seats. Noise-cancelling headphones were supplied although my wife had to ask for them as they weren't at her seat. The back of the seat in front was a bit grubby and I used an antiseptic wipe to clean it, there were some other grubby bits around the armrest and tray table. Champagne was offered and gratefully accepted. The meal service was prompt although it was just an economy meal. I was hoping for something a little better as I paid double the economy ticket price. Wine was offered however only one red and one white, I don't like Sauvignon Blanc and that was the only white. I did ask the flight attendant for a Chardonnay and she was very obliging and managed to find a glass for me. Big Plus! The flight was comfortable and the crew were outstanding. It makes a difference when the crew are customer-focused. Overall a good experience. Two things, ditch the Sauvignon Blanc and provide an upgraded Premium Economy meal.
AircraftBoeing 777 300ER
RouteMelbourne to Singapore

"A big thank you"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Singapore. I reschedule my flight the following day as day after is the lock down. I Top up more money for the ticket. I was confirmed on the morning 9.20am flight. However I received a email that evening that my flight for the next day morning was cancelled. Immediately there was no line, only you got to email. I have no choice but make it the next day for the night flight 20.20. And true enough that morning there isn't any public transport, no taxi that day. I get the Hotel reception to assist. Upon check & reaching home, I learnt to appreciate our Singapore Airlines. They did it. I feel secure upon reaching the Jakarta Airport. A big thank you to Singapore Airlines. .
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"cabin staff were fantastic"

Not Verified | Auckland to Zurich via Singapore. The cabin staff were fantastic. Courteous, helpful, friendly & professional. Unlike Swissair, who did the Zurich to Heathrow bit on 28 February for me & Singapore to Heathrow bit for my wife on 20 March. Disappeared for most of the flight, discourteous to the point of rudeness, not at all bothered.
RouteAuckland to Zurich via Singapore

"an excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Haneda to Melbourne via Singapore. Due to the coronavirus crisis I had to bring my flight forward by five weeks. Once I got through to it, the call centre's staff were efficient in getting me suitable flights. Check-in at Haneda was friendly and quick. The ANA lounge was comfortable with a great view of the runway, although food and drink options were limited due to antivirus precautions. The Singapore lounge was very spacious with a good variety of food and drink choices. Onboard both flights the seats were very comfortable and the service was impeccable. My Chinese-style vegetarian meal on the first leg was very tasty, but the Indian-style vegetarian meal on the second leg was not as impressive, with little curry and a lot of bread. There were several drinks rounds on both flights. I managed to get a good sleep on a comfortable long bed. Both flights arrived slightly early. All in all, an excellent experience.
AircraftA350 / Boeing 777
RouteTokyo Haneda to Melbourne via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"tried to call many times"

Trip Verified | This used to be my favorite airline for years. Last week I've got an email saying my flight back home to New York for 25th March is cancelled "due to operational reasons. We will rebook you on alternative flights." But no rebooking, they are unresponsive, sent 10 emails and tried to call many times.
RouteSingapore to New York
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"cannot reach a ticketing agent"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Melbourne via Singapore booked ages ago. Now with all the travel bans/restrictions due to Corona virus I needed to cancel the three tickets we booked. I cannot reach a ticketing agent on the phone, answering machine tells you to ring again. and again, again to no avail. The ticketing office in Zurich has been shut for a week with a leaflet on the door telling you, you guessed it the number where no-one is home. I sent an online form to which I got an email telling me that they will respond after 7 working days, that means they will get back to me after my scheduled flight would have taken place.
RouteZurich to Melbourne via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"have not allowed refund"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Singapore. I had two flights booked to and from from Singapore. Because of the epidemic, my conference in February was cancelled in Singapore. My colleague who booked through Qantas got her flight refunded - no questions asked. Singapore Airlines have been difficult to contact and unhelpful. They have not allowed refund. Never flying this airline ever again.
RouteAdelaide to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2019

"cabin crew is nice"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Makassar via Singapore. Bangkok check-in counter is great. The cabin crew called Hendricks is Nice, warm hospitality, very welcome. I hope to see him again in my other flight. Another cabin crew is also nice. The in-flight meal is good. Singapore - Makassar : The cabin crew is nice, The in-flight meal is terrible. Delayed Boarding time due to late opening security check and only opening 1.
AircraftBoeing 777-200 / A320-200