Singapore Airlines

\"Would definitely recommend"

Trip Verified | London to Auckland via Singapore. Great experience with SIA. Better food than I thought it was going to be and a brilliant and friendly cabin crew. Choose to fly with them all the time and we are never disappointed. Very comfortable for economy class. Great entertainment system with all the latest movies, etc. Would definitely recommend.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Auckland via Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Cabin service was exceptional as usual"

Trip Verified | The Melbourne to Wellington flight is an early morning flight, arriving in Wellington in the afternoon just in time for most hotel check-ins. The short-haul international flight serves one round of meals with 4 options for mains available. I went for the cheese omelette and it was great. Cabin service was exceptional as usual. However, the aircraft itself is very dated, especially the seats. The seats are in a 2-2-2 configuration, and it's not the best Singapore Airlines Business Class seats. It's okay for the short-haul flight, as they turn into flat-angled beds. There's lots of leg space and decent width. In-flight entertainment technology was dated, but the content is good in terms of library and variety. All in all, it's definitely the best Melbourne-Wellington offering (when compared to narrow-bodied aircrafts of Qantas, Virgin Australia and Air New Zealand), but it's not the best SQ offering.
RouteMelbourne to Wellington
Date FlownJune 2019

"service and food was great"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Amsterdam via Singapore. I used almost all airline companies operating between Australia and Europe and in my opinion Singapore Airlines is the best. Flight was great, service and food was great. Very professional staff. I will fly with Singapore Airlines anytime, and recommend.
AircraftA350-900
RouteBrisbane to Amsterdam via Singapore

"good for economy class"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Amsterdam. I am not sure I can rave about the service on this flight relative to the other Singapore Airlines flights I have taken. The stewardess just got on the side step of my seat to shut the overhead lockers without warning. Yes - I may be in economy, but just let me know. Seat is average - because no one was next to me, I found the flight fairly comfortable and was able to get a few hours of sleep. Food was also quite good but again, the stewardess forgot to give me a bread roll but only the butter and I had to remind them. Despite the small hiccups with service, the flight is good for economy class standards. I will fly Singapore Airlines again.
AircraftA350-900
RouteSingapore to Amsterdam

"Such a disappointment"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Such a disappointment Christchurch to Singapore seats 33H and 33K, and SIN-CHC 32D and 32E in premium economy. We had really been looking forward to the new A359 taking over from the old 777 on the Christchurch to Singapore route with the choice of premium economy. Unfortunately, the bean counters seem to have designed the cabin! The configuration is 2x4x2 — just one seat less than economy — compared with 2x3x2 for Lufthansa in premium economy in the same type of aircraft, which we enjoyed for the next leg of our trip to Europe. The lavatories are the size of a small cupboard and there is no space to get up and stretch your legs in the cabin, unlike earlier aircraft. Going over was OK in the two seats by the window, but as others have pointed out, the central armrest and padded seatbelt (it contains an airbag) intrude on space. Inflight food and service was fine, if not memorable. Coming back overnight stuck in the middle seats was a lot worse. Space feels very tight. Not all menu choices were available, and we got beef mince, which was not very good at all. We asked for eggs for breakfast but got yam cake. A gentleman two seats along turned on his overhead lamp at about 3:00 am (he should have used the reading lamp). No eyeshades or earplugs provided. We asked for some but still got no sleep. Screens didn't work for two of the passengers in front of us. This flight ended up being diverted because of fog, adding six hours to the nine hour flight (of course, not SIA’s fault) but the whole experience was very tiring. One other thing: Electronic check-in at Changi was confusing and everyone had to ask what step to do next. It should be much clearer. We have flown with SIA for 35 years and feel they are trading on their past good reputation and really need to lift their game. Premium economy on SIA really isn’t worth the extra cost. It doesn’t feel special at all. We’d probably look at Air NZ or another airline next time.
RouteChristchurch to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2019

"economy class is good value"

Trip Verified | Perth to Singapore. This is an older airbus and seats are ok, with decent leg space. Very happy with the shopping selection for Jun to Aug - the Sulwhasoo selection onboard has expanded again! Food is decent and is served with real cutlery (as opposed to cheap plastic cutlery and cardboard containers on other economy class flights). Service is great. For a 5 hour flight, Singapore Airlines economy class is good value.
AircraftA330-300
RoutePerth to Singapore

"All in all poor value"

Trip Verified | London to Singapore. First flight with Singapore Airlines in Premium Economy and what a disappointment. It had little to differentiate it other than a little more space. I ordered via book the cook which was a nice feature although my meal was delivered first and in asking for a drink, I was told to wait a while. I asked how long that would be and was told 2 mins and then it was suggested I drink the plastic cup of water given. Very cheap and nasty especially considering there was no drink on boarding or pre-dinner. 15 mins or so later the drinks arrived by which time my meal was cold but on my request they reheated it (another wait). The red wine was awful. Throughout the flight the curtains to Economy remained open so that didn't make you feel the extra expensive brought any benefit. The seat was not comfortable and the IFE was so poor I watched content from my PC. FA's were polite but not really interested. The 380 interiors felt old and indeed first impressions were of a budget airline. All in all poor value.
RouteLondon to Singapore

"Crew are a mixed bag"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bangkok. Food standards have dropped drastically. Crew are a mixed bag - some attendants were friendly and helpful like the purser and supervisor and one attendant who went out of her way and offered to move me from my seat next to a crying baby and family to an empty cluster of 3 seats, 10 rows back before takeoff which was very kind of her. However, some attendants are grumpy and have zero manners. The seat feels exactly the same as a 10 in a row 777-300 on Cathay. Fairly acceptable for someone my height at 5’2 but could be uncomfortable for anyone bigger and on a longer flight. Food was terrible - fish was overcooked and the dessert was rubbery. Should have brought my own dinner instead. Only consolation was the Singapore sling and Bailey's I consumed that was not diluted with ice cubes. Hot towel before takeoff is a rarity in economy for any other airlines. In flight entertainment is excellent as always with lots of music and movies which distracted me from the lousy food. However, for the price I paid, I’d rather go with Thai Airways which has way better food and more consistent service. Check in staff were rude and asked me to pay 200$ to take the earlier flight to Singapore when I arrived at the check-in desk 3 hours beforehand with a 4-hour layover coming from a domestic flight.
Aircraft787-10
RouteSingapore to Bangkok

"was the worst flight"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Singapore. This flight without exception, was the worst flight I've ever been on. The cabin crew seemed to be going through the platitudes of service but forgetting to actually deliver. In my case, I asked for a bottle of water instead of breakfast. Stewardess disappeared, meals were served, and expecting that someone would drop off the water after meal service, I declined the little cup that was offered to me during the meal service. That was a mistake and I just gave up so 3 hours later, I couldn't wait to get off the flight to get a bottle of water. I'm a fairly low maintenance passenger, so I'm not someone that will keep badgering the cabin crew for service. But to me this was just such a basic. Like how difficult is it to drop off a bottle of water to someone! I have a return flight booked with Singapore and to be honest Id have switched Jetstar but the flight time to work. Next time I won't pay double the price for a flight with Singapore expecting service. I might as well just use Jetstar!
RouteHong Kong to Singapore

"whole staff was great"

Trip Verified | Singapore to San Francisco. I experienced horrible chest pains during the flight & Mr Arfat was very attentive to helping me get back to normal. The whole staff was great!
RouteSingapore to San Francisco