Singapore Airlines

"I don’t like being taken advantage of"

Not Verified | Inflating fares to rip off passengers during covid. My flight for December 2020 has been cancelled but SIA are offering a voucher for the fare already paid plus £40 to be used to make a new reservation costing anything from £300 - £1,00 extra on top of what I’d already paid. I’m really surprised Singapore Airlines are profiteering from loyal passengers in this way. Surely as one of the leading airlines in the world they should be offering to reschedule flights when there is availability but at no additional fare difference cost. I enjoy the service they provide but I don’t like being taken advantage of / ripped off and I will remember this smoke & mirrors con trick the next time I book a flight.
RouteManchester to Cebu via Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2020

"they made us occupy all 3 seats"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Disappointed with Singapore Airlines. Melbourne to Singapore flight was good. There were many passengers in the plane but at least we were one seat apart. Some even had the whole row just for themselves which gave them more space from others. But the transit flight, Singapore to Manila, was unacceptable, it was jam packed and most of us were given seats alongside others whom we did not know. In a 3-seat row, they made us occupy all 3 seats hence, social distancing protocol was not followed when they should have been more careful. We asked the flight attendant he told us we were wearing a face mask and face shield so it should be okay. Please note that ratings below are only based on our flight from Singapore.
AircraftA350-900
RouteMelbourne to Manila via Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Overall, I was pleased"

Trip Verified | This was my first time flying on Singapore Airlines, and unlikely to be my last. The service was pretty straightforward: efficient, smooth, procedural, orderly, helpful. I would say that they're more efficient than friendly, though. Singapore check-in and gate staff at Changi were quite pleasant and friendly, but on-flight staff were neither rude nor friendly. Hey, I'm fine with professionalism, as long as it's not done in a curt or rude way (I'm looking at you, most North American airlines!) Check-in at Changi, an automated breeze done in the new Jewel section. The plane and lavatories were clean. The meal was pretty good for economy class, and entertainment options were just fine for a 3.5-hour flight. Most importantly, our flight arrived into a very quiet Hong Kong Airport early. Overall, I was pleased.
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"buy a new and very expensive ticket"

Trip Verified | Because the travel office where I bought the ticket turned insolvent, Singapore Airlines declared all issued tickets of them as invalid. This is why I had to buy a new and very expensive ticket at Changi Airport directly by Singapore Airlines. Singapore Airlines however did not inform me about the cancellation of the plane ticket, nor did the check-in hotline inform me about the current situation. I am more than dissatisfied because they decline any responsibility and the information provided by the complaints office does not answer the questions at all.
RouteSingapore to Zürich
Date FlownAugust 2020

"requested for a reinstatement of my ticket"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I am very disappointed with Singapore Airlines (SQ) which claims to be the World’s Best Airline. Paid the high price and full fare for the First-Class ticket and was refunded only 29% of the full fare without giving the passenger a chance to confirm/consent to the refund amount. Very poor customer service and communication. March 23, 2020: SQ emailed me that my flight was cancelled due to Covid-19 situation. April 5: I wrote back "I would like to get a refund for my ticket. Pls revert." My intention was to ask what was the refund amount and was expecting them to revert. April 7: No response from SQ so wrote asking a few questions about the refund process. April 14: SQ unilaterally refunded the ticket without confirming the amount. As a First-Class passenger and there are only 4 first class seats on the flight to LAX, SQ could, in the very least, confirm with me the refund amount and obtain my consent before refund. And after I disputed the refund amount as being unreasonably low (not enough for me to buy another one-way first-class ticket back), they should have the courtesy to handle the communication with the customer better and in a more timely manner. So, I have requested for a reinstatement of my ticket instead of the refund on by emailing and calling customer service of SQ on June 5 and got a reply on June 30 that still under investigation. Current status as of Aug 20, it has been one and a half months and still no reply from SQ.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteBangkok to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2019

"wanted to thank Singapore Airlines"

Not Verified | We have yet to fly with Singapore Airlines and it doesn't look like we will in the foreseeable future. I just wanted to thank Singapore Airlines for the speed with which they have contacted us to cancel our flight. We look forward to travelling with you in the future.
RoutePerth to Moscow via Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2020

"airline is ignoring requests"

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Dublin via Munich on Lufthansa booked with Singapore Airlines redemption miles. A refund was agreed upon 3 months ago. The airline is ignoring requests for a date when the tax refund will be paid.
RouteSao Paulo to Dublin via Munich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"agreed to process a refund"

Trip Verified | In light of the lockdown in many countries in March including my own (UK) which sparked a lot of flight cancellations, I decided to request a cash refund from Singapore Airlines via my travel agent and then through them direct from the start of April. For the initial weeks they were telling me that a cash refund could not be offered and I could only re-book or be offered credit towards booking another flight. After three weeks they then decided to officially cancel my flight (due to take off in early May) and agreed to process a refund. It has now been three months since I initially requested a cash refund via my travel agent and there appears to have been no movement from the airline. I have received time dated copies from my travel agent getting in contact with Singapore Airlines in early April and they have received no communication from the airline has been received thus far despite me being told by an advisor at the airline confirming that they had been in touch with the travel agent to issue the refund, this was around a month ago.
RouteManchester to Houston
Date FlownMay 2020

"enjoyed this midnight flight"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Osaka Kansai to Singapore. There weren't many people on the flight, the check was smooth, no queue. As well as you can tell on how many people were waiting in the boarding room. Funny story the airline website indicate the plane were full where you can't select another economy seats, and pushes you choose at the end of the tail close to lavatory. Even when you're boarded the plane when clearly no people, they weren't let you sit on the same economy coach that were empty. I have to asked 3 times to asked them to move my seat (where less than 50 people on that flight) in such a big plane, which eventually they did it. Nonetheless I still enjoyed this midnight flight and had the whole row for myself.
RouteOsaka Kansai to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I enjoyed their Boeing 787"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bali Denpasar to Tokyo Narita via Singapore. I was looking forward to flight with SQ after a while. Although the current situation due to global pandemic got me bit worried to kept flying for this holiday. Since it wasn't a cancelled flight/ route, I decided to carry on. The flight for DPS-SIN were rather full and I enjoyed their Boeing 787. It was a short flight and dinner were served during the flight was delightful. We had a quick layover in Singapore for my connecting flight to Tokyo with A380. I sat on lower deck and the plane was merely full. They gave us light meal before turndown service, however a mistake was made by the cabin crew as they gave me a wrong food that am allergic too (I've never requested). I got sick during the flight. They kept apologise to me and one of the senior crew came to approach. They offered me a doctor service upon arrival in Narita which I refused. I got slightly better, but it shouldn't be happen. Despite of the allergic reaction due to their service, overall I was still able to enjoy the trip. It was just hindering me to give them a perfect score.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A380