Singapore Airlines

"the best flight ever"

(Fiji)

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Singapore. This was the best flight ever! Singapore Airlines staff are warm, helpful and very hospitable. I had changed to my flight two times because of a cyclone in my country and the airline was very hospitable and they changed my flights without picking up a fuss about it and they did it for free. Check in at Denpasar was very friendly, the staff happily gave me a window seat and once on board, I was amazed, the plane was new and was extremely comfortable. I can't wait to fly with them again in future.
RouteDenpasar to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"seat was really comfortable"

Paris to Singapore. Singapore Airlines upheld its excellent standard on this flight. The ground experience was smooth, although the gate was a pretty far walk. The flight was very comfortable and enjoyable. Two meals were served - lunch and breakfast, and both we just delicious. The cabin crew were friendly and provided excellent service. The IFE was easy to use and pretty responsive, and also had a very wide variety of movies. The seat was really comfortable for a Premium Economy seat. It was wide, had more than sufficient legroom and had good recline.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteParis to Singapore

"Service was good"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Newark return with family. Cannot say that I was looking forward to spending 17-19 hours on an aircraft, however the time passed very quickly indeed and would recommend Singapore Airlines and this route if wanting to access the US east coast. Service was good, and premium economy seats were comfortable. Used the book the cook option and the food was okay - there is also lots of snack available in the galley when you want. The IFE is one of the better ones on the market, with a decent touchscreen and good selection of movies and TV shows. I booked one of the seats at the rear of the cabin which is by itself and this is certainly worth while doing. Overall, it was recommended and would take this option again to NYC from Singapore. The flight goes far quicker than you would think.
AircraftA350-900ULR
RouteSingapore to Newark

"the gate was closed"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Perth. The flight was delayed and when we reached the gate was closed and we were advised that the gate is changed. We had to walk to the other side of the airport and sat there for an hour. When we were boarding we were advised that this is a different flight number (same airline and destination though). We were checked in 2 hours prior to the flight time but were never paged us or looked for us. Just took the luggage out of the flight. They advised us that the next flight is full also and we will need to wait till the next day for another flight as well as having to pay penalty.
RouteSingapore to Perth
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"proceeded to first class check in"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Singapore in Economy class. I recently received a status match I am QF platinum and received kris gold. At the airport I proceeded to first class check in (allowed with qf platinum) but did not realise that Kris gold doesn’t provide the same benefit. I was told by the check on supervisor that I was being unfair to other passengers as if I had come to the wrong desk on purpose. She came back again and repeated the same on front of other passengers. The experience was humiliating as I had made a genuine error
RouteSydney to Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2019

"not overly friendly service"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Frankfurt. I was lucky enough to get an upgrade to Premium Economy on this 13h flight. Something which rarely happens on SQ. The seat was reasonably comfy with plenty of legroom. There were no more menu cards in Premium Economy, something I’ve got even in Y class on the same flight a year ago. Food was ok .. but nothing to shout about. The most disappointing part was the robotic, not overly friendly service. I think the days of the famous “Singapore Girl” are gone. Carrier like Qatar Airways are miles ahead here.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSingapore to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2019

"impressed with the cabin crew"

Not Verified | Flew on Thursday 9th Jan 2020 from Singapore to Brisbane. Endured some turbulence flying out of Singapore for a few hours. I became nauseated and uncomfortable. Staff were very kind and helpful making sure I was looked after. Checked on me numerous times, throughout the flight. Very impressed with the cabin crew and would recommend flying with this airline in the future.
RouteSingapore to Brisbane
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"experience left a bad taste"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Kolkata via Singapore. On my SFO-SIN flight I asked for an extra bread roll/butter at one of the meal times, was given the bread but told ‘sorry, it’s one butter per passenger/tray’!. Then I asked for Chinese tea (instead of what they were taking around) - and was told ‘we don’t have any’. At SFO check-in counter, I stood at the head of the Premium Economy line for 15min as passengers who had come after me were attended to before me. After 3 such times, when I expressed surprise, a lady said I was in the wrong queue for bag drop. I pointed out to her I was not standing for bag drop but check in, after which I was attended to. This was the first time ever that my SQ experience left a bad taste in my mouth, especially given how wonderful it always is, and how warmly I recommend it to everyone specifically for its customer service. It would be very unfortunate if the airline cannot keep up its usual standards.
RouteSan Francisco to Kolkata via Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2019

"very friendly and accommodating"

Trip Verified | Perth to Hanoi via Singapore. The crew were very friendly and accommodating. The food was tasty and well presented. Cannot fault the airline. Singapore Airlines is one of the best I have travelled on in a long time
RoutePerth to Hanoi via Singapore

"another excellent flight"

Trip Verified | Singapore to London Heathrow. Yet another excellent flight on Singapore Airlines despite flying on the older product. The older A380 was operating this 14-hour flight from Singapore to London but I still enjoyed the seat. My cabin was nearly empty and we could choose whatever seat we wanted. The seat was huge - it had a lot of legroom, width and was very comfortable. Unfortunately, the IFE was not touchscreen and it was not very responsive, which would be expected for a 13-year-old system. There were still a large variety of movies and TV shows in the entertainment system. The crew were friendly, helpful and provided excellent service, they really made the flight enjoyable. The food was absolutely delicious. I could hardly tell the difference between this airline food and food on the ground. We arrived in London on time.
AircraftA380-800