Singapore Airlines

"the staff were outstanding"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Excellent flights, and the staff were outstanding. Both flights were very empty, which added to the comfort level - I had an entire row to myself, and most rows around me were empty too. Nonetheless, it would have still been comfortable even if full - seats were spacious, with excellent legroom, and plenty of storage space in the seatback. The IFE was good - a varied selection of movies and TV shows, and the screen was large and high quality. Meals were all good - in particular the fried carrot cake was one of the best economy class meals I've eaten! My only gripe would be that there was no alcohol service beyond what came with the meals: usually they would do a drinks run before meals, and then offer top-ups during the meal service. This time the only drinks were offered with the meal. I suspect this may be due to Covid-19, in order to minimise interaction: it wasn't a problem, as crew were always responsive to my requests. What really made the flight were the crew: they were so friendly, attentive, warm and welcoming. This must be a difficult time for them to work, yet they were all wonderful. Additionally, I felt the Covid-19 prevention measures were good and well enforced.
AircraftA350-900
RouteIstanbul to Auckland via Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2020

"staff on these flights were fantastic"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | We have flown with many airlines on various routes worldwide and this was the first time I have flown with Singapore Airlines since having children. The whole experience was second to none, absolutely fantastic. The flight from London was packed and yet the staff were VERY attentive, helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much to ask. On a much quieter flight from Singapore to New Zealand the staff were just as fantastic. Staff always make or break the experience but the staff on these flights were fantastic and an asset to Singapore air. Thank you for such a great experience. With all the covid regulations, the transfer was seamless, with a great area for the children to lay during our layover. Changi airport was a good experience even with most of it closed! We will be flying with you again!
RouteLondon Heathrow to Christchurch via Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2020

"like to get a refund for my ticket"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I paid the high price and full fare for the First-Class ticket and was refunded only 29% of the full fare without giving the passenger a chance to confirm/consent to the refund amount. Very poor customer service and communication. March 23, 2020: SQ emailed me that my flight was cancelled due to Covid-19 situation. April 5: I wrote back "I would like to get a refund for my ticket. Pls revert." My intention was to ask what was the refund amount and was expecting them to revert. April 7: No response from SQ. April 14: SQ refunded the ticket without confirming the amount. As a First-Class passenger and there are only 4 first class seats in the flight to LAX, SQ could, in the very least, confirm with me the refund amount and obtain my consent before refund. And after I disputed the refund amount as being unreasonably low (not enough for me to buy another one-way first-class ticket back), they should have the courtesy to handle the communication with the customer better and in a more timely manner. So, I have requested for a reinstatement of my ticket instead of the refund on by emailing and calling customer service of SQ on June 5 and got a reply on June 30 that still under investigation. Current status as of Aug 20, it has been one and a half months and still no reply from SQ.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteBangkok to Los Angeles via Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I don’t like being taken advantage of"

Not Verified | Inflating fares to rip off passengers during covid. My flight for December 2020 has been cancelled but SIA are offering a voucher for the fare already paid plus £40 to be used to make a new reservation costing anything from £300 - £1,00 extra on top of what I’d already paid. I’m really surprised Singapore Airlines are profiteering from loyal passengers in this way. Surely as one of the leading airlines in the world they should be offering to reschedule flights when there is availability but at no additional fare difference cost. I enjoy the service they provide but I don’t like being taken advantage of / ripped off and I will remember this smoke & mirrors con trick the next time I book a flight.
RouteManchester to Cebu via Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2020

"they made us occupy all 3 seats"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Disappointed with Singapore Airlines. Melbourne to Singapore flight was good. There were many passengers in the plane but at least we were one seat apart. Some even had the whole row just for themselves which gave them more space from others. But the transit flight, Singapore to Manila, was unacceptable, it was jam packed and most of us were given seats alongside others whom we did not know. In a 3-seat row, they made us occupy all 3 seats hence, social distancing protocol was not followed when they should have been more careful. We asked the flight attendant he told us we were wearing a face mask and face shield so it should be okay. Please note that ratings below are only based on our flight from Singapore.
AircraftA350-900
RouteMelbourne to Manila via Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Overall, I was pleased"

Trip Verified | This was my first time flying on Singapore Airlines, and unlikely to be my last. The service was pretty straightforward: efficient, smooth, procedural, orderly, helpful. I would say that they're more efficient than friendly, though. Singapore check-in and gate staff at Changi were quite pleasant and friendly, but on-flight staff were neither rude nor friendly. Hey, I'm fine with professionalism, as long as it's not done in a curt or rude way (I'm looking at you, most North American airlines!) Check-in at Changi, an automated breeze done in the new Jewel section. The plane and lavatories were clean. The meal was pretty good for economy class, and entertainment options were just fine for a 3.5-hour flight. Most importantly, our flight arrived into a very quiet Hong Kong Airport early. Overall, I was pleased.
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"buy a new and very expensive ticket"

Trip Verified | Because the travel office where I bought the ticket turned insolvent, Singapore Airlines declared all issued tickets of them as invalid. This is why I had to buy a new and very expensive ticket at Changi Airport directly by Singapore Airlines. Singapore Airlines however did not inform me about the cancellation of the plane ticket, nor did the check-in hotline inform me about the current situation. I am more than dissatisfied because they decline any responsibility and the information provided by the complaints office does not answer the questions at all.
RouteSingapore to Zürich
Date FlownAugust 2020

"requested for a reinstatement of my ticket"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I am very disappointed with Singapore Airlines (SQ) which claims to be the World’s Best Airline. Paid the high price and full fare for the First-Class ticket and was refunded only 29% of the full fare without giving the passenger a chance to confirm/consent to the refund amount. Very poor customer service and communication. March 23, 2020: SQ emailed me that my flight was cancelled due to Covid-19 situation. April 5: I wrote back "I would like to get a refund for my ticket. Pls revert." My intention was to ask what was the refund amount and was expecting them to revert. April 7: No response from SQ so wrote asking a few questions about the refund process. April 14: SQ unilaterally refunded the ticket without confirming the amount. As a First-Class passenger and there are only 4 first class seats on the flight to LAX, SQ could, in the very least, confirm with me the refund amount and obtain my consent before refund. And after I disputed the refund amount as being unreasonably low (not enough for me to buy another one-way first-class ticket back), they should have the courtesy to handle the communication with the customer better and in a more timely manner. So, I have requested for a reinstatement of my ticket instead of the refund on by emailing and calling customer service of SQ on June 5 and got a reply on June 30 that still under investigation. Current status as of Aug 20, it has been one and a half months and still no reply from SQ.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteBangkok to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2019

"wanted to thank Singapore Airlines"

Not Verified | We have yet to fly with Singapore Airlines and it doesn't look like we will in the foreseeable future. I just wanted to thank Singapore Airlines for the speed with which they have contacted us to cancel our flight. We look forward to travelling with you in the future.
RoutePerth to Moscow via Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2020

"airline is ignoring requests"

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Dublin via Munich on Lufthansa booked with Singapore Airlines redemption miles. A refund was agreed upon 3 months ago. The airline is ignoring requests for a date when the tax refund will be paid.
RouteSao Paulo to Dublin via Munich