Singapore Airlines

"amazing cabin crew service"

Trip Verified | Jogjakarta to Amsterdam via Singapore. Good aircraft and amazing cabin crew service. I got a special assistant because I flew myself carrying 1 baby aged 6 months and 1 child aged 4 years. it was amazing for me to feel service in the air that I had never received before. While I was carrying a baby, there was a cabin crew coming to calm down my daughter with earplugs. Then came the cabin crew carrying candy and feeding my child. then came the cabin crew again carrying cookies and finally there was another cabin crew carrying some pillows and putting them on my child's back. Thanks for that amazing service.
AircraftA390 900
RouteJogjakarta to Amsterdam via Singapore

"Food was quite good"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Singapore. Originally booked onto a later flight which was to be operated by a B777, but was offered an earlier option when I checked in rather early. So ended up flying on this B787, which didn't have a first class but only business and economy. Food was quite good - Choice of prawn noodles or omelette with beef sausage (Chose the latter). IFE was decent but have seen better ones at other airlines. Cabin was not cool enough and felt a bit stuffy.
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"overall impression was pretty good"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Zurich to Singapore. Overall a good flight. Our overall impression was pretty good. The crew was polite but seemed disorganized. The quality of the food was reasonable. We ordered via book the cook but the main meal was served lukewarm and the meat was very dry and hard. My husband was offered a dessert, I had to ask for it. The seat was ok,but quite hard in my opinion. The control of the seats did not always respond.
RouteZurich to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"A380 looks a little shabby"

Trip Verified | Paris to Singapore. The cabin of SIA A380 looks a little shabby & old especially the cushion cover. May needs some refurbishment if the aircraft will still be service for another decade.
RouteParis to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"the worst most arrogant crew"

Trip Verified | We flew Johannesburg to Singapore on SQ479 on July 7th in Business Class and experienced the worst most arrogant crew ever. I travelled with my wife and 2 Daughters (2 and 4 years old) and we were assigned seats 19F and 20D and F. As the seats are very closed, we would have preferred to sit all in one row, so we asked at Check In to be seated in one row, either 19 or 20. They told us it was fully Business Class, but they will leave a note and we can check at the Gate. We did, but the passengers on the window seats did not want to move, which was OK to us as they have been faster than us, so it is OK. Upon closing of the doors, we saw that Seat 20K was free, so I asked the flight attendant if my wife can move then from 19F, so we can sit in one row. She said this is a cockpit seat and she needs to check with the pilot. Upon departure she came back and told us that the pilot does not want to change the seat to 19F or 21K. Really? A pilot who used this seat for 30 minutes does not want to move one row back to let a family with 2 Kids sit in one row? Maybe SQ needs to inform pilots who is paying their high salary.
RouteJohannesburg to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"One of the best inflight services"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Singapore. One of the best inflight services I have experienced. The inflight staff was the highlight of the entire experience. Warm, courteous and always ready with a smile. Just lovely people helping and serving all around.
RouteMumbai to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"The seat was in a word, horrible"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Singapore . I was looking forward to flying Singapore Airlines and their new B787-10. I had set my expectations at the same level as Qatar Airways, seeing the fact that they are both 5-star airlines. With this in mind, I would firstly like to say that I was not impressed with Singapore Airlines, as they were quite inconsistent across the categories. The website is user-friendly, but I did encounter some glitches. Online check in is slightly confusing but I was able to manage. We arrived at Bangkok Airport 3.15 hours before our flight, and the check in counters opened 2.45 hours before the flight. It was extremely confusing which line is for which passenger, as they separate Business and Gold into different lines. In the end we were very quickly checked in at the gold counter. Luckily at that time of day security and immigration moved quickly. The Silverkris lounge in Bangkok is in a word, exquisite. The decor is very fancy and there is a manned bar with a barista making craft drinks and all sorts of coffee. Seats were plenty, clean and even the toilets are cleaned after every use! The breakfast buffet was slightly disappointing, but I have come to expect that with all airlines. Boarding was extremely confusing, they asked gold members to queue up with business class but the sign asks them to queue up at the economy door. Not only that, they board business class passengers first then gold members, which makes a mess! Other Star Alliance carriers just board gold and business at the same time. Hassle free! I received a warm welcome at the door, and found my seat. The flight attendant was even kind enough to help my mum lift her suitcase into the overhead compartment! I would never expect a flight attendant to do it out of the blue! The seat was, in a word, horrible. It was so narrow! Qatar Airways also has 3-3-3 seating on their 787s, but it wasn't this narrow. I'm slightly large, but even my rather small mum sat shoulder-to-shoulder with the other passenger in the window seat! Legroom was fine. What I don't get is that these aircraft with small seats are being deployed on flights as far as Brisbane, an 8 hour hop. However, the bad seat was overshadowed by the service. On my outbound flight from Bangkok, I chose a seafood meal and got the same thing I get all the time flying Star Alliance out of Bangkok, mixed grilled seafood served with tomatoes, peas and duchess potatoes. The catering was provided by Thai Airways, and even had the Thai Airways logo on it. Needless to say, it was very nice. On my return flight, when coming around for drinks, the lovely flight attendant noticed me checking the white wine bottle to see what it was, and I love the way she asked if I wanted the Sauvignon Blanc rather than"white wine. The crew on Singapore Airlines are fantastic, and very hardworking. Entertainment was adequate, I wouldn't be bored even on the longest flight. On the return flight, we checked in 7 hours before departure time as we wanted to explore Jewel. Absolutely recommended. The gold lounge in Terminal 2 was an absolute disappointment! Even the Thai Airways lounge in T1 is better! Other than that, this flight was almost identical, except for some very strong turbulence. Overall, Singapore Airlines is a good choice. If they can improve their seat and value their star gold more, I would be a returning customer.
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"What a disappointing flight"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Zurich. What a disappointing flight. Probably the worst crew I ever had, very inattentive. It was very hard to get any attention at all (the attendant button at your seat was completely useless, no reaction by the crew whatsoever) I had 2 drinks in a 12 hour flight. I wasn't asked for a drink with our meals and the meals unfortunately didn't save the day either. Most of the time we had to queue at the lavatory (the layout of the plane for PE is horrible), because the 2 lavatories were used by Economy as well. The lavatory situation in Economy was much better, nobody surely had to queue there (11 lavatories according to the seat map!). It didn't help that a family with two toddlers and a crying baby was sitting in the same row. On the positive side were the headphones (even if they had to replace my headphones straightaway) and the entertainment system. Avoid booking Premium Economy with Singapore Air, you have a better deal in Economy (or Business of course). Another weird point was that Economy class was disembarking before Premium Economy, another novelty for me. There are much better Premium Economy products out there.
RouteSingapore to Zurich
Date FlownJune 2019

"standards seem to be declining"

Not Verified | Singapore to Tokyo. The airline seems to have gone on a cost-cutting mode. On a seven-hour flight, only one meal served. For a premium full-service airline to do these things in disappointing. Competition on this route provides better catering options. The seat was average economy class seat. The crew was polite and professional. Overall, SQ standards seem to be declining.
RouteSingapore to Tokyo
Date FlownJune 2019

"big thank you for everyone"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Sydney. I foolishly left my video gaming device on the seat next to mine and only found out after I reached my hotel. I panicked and called up the ground handler for Singapore Airlines and never got through via the phone number provided on the website even after 22 times. However I called up the Singapore Airlines Krisflyer hotline and the sweetest lady reassured me and told me they would log a request to check the aircraft for the item, her kind tone and understanding nature really helped soothe my nerves and gave me some peace of mind. Half way through my trip I got the news that my item was found and I could collect it before leaving Sydney. As much as I will strive to be less careless, I am so glad that I could count on the customer-oriented culture and all-round excellence and efficiency that the SQ team has displayed in the times where I slip up. A big thank you for everyone from the customer service team to the ground handler for reuniting me with my lost item!
RouteSingapore to Sydney