Singapore Airlines

"airline is ignoring requests"

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Dublin via Munich on Lufthansa booked with Singapore Airlines redemption miles. A refund was agreed upon 3 months ago. The airline is ignoring requests for a date when the tax refund will be paid.
RouteSao Paulo to Dublin via Munich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"agreed to process a refund"

Trip Verified | In light of the lockdown in many countries in March including my own (UK) which sparked a lot of flight cancellations, I decided to request a cash refund from Singapore Airlines via my travel agent and then through them direct from the start of April. For the initial weeks they were telling me that a cash refund could not be offered and I could only re-book or be offered credit towards booking another flight. After three weeks they then decided to officially cancel my flight (due to take off in early May) and agreed to process a refund. It has now been three months since I initially requested a cash refund via my travel agent and there appears to have been no movement from the airline. I have received time dated copies from my travel agent getting in contact with Singapore Airlines in early April and they have received no communication from the airline has been received thus far despite me being told by an advisor at the airline confirming that they had been in touch with the travel agent to issue the refund, this was around a month ago.
RouteManchester to Houston
Date FlownMay 2020

"enjoyed this midnight flight"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Osaka Kansai to Singapore. There weren't many people on the flight, the check was smooth, no queue. As well as you can tell on how many people were waiting in the boarding room. Funny story the airline website indicate the plane were full where you can't select another economy seats, and pushes you choose at the end of the tail close to lavatory. Even when you're boarded the plane when clearly no people, they weren't let you sit on the same economy coach that were empty. I have to asked 3 times to asked them to move my seat (where less than 50 people on that flight) in such a big plane, which eventually they did it. Nonetheless I still enjoyed this midnight flight and had the whole row for myself.
RouteOsaka Kansai to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I enjoyed their Boeing 787"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bali Denpasar to Tokyo Narita via Singapore. I was looking forward to flight with SQ after a while. Although the current situation due to global pandemic got me bit worried to kept flying for this holiday. Since it wasn't a cancelled flight/ route, I decided to carry on. The flight for DPS-SIN were rather full and I enjoyed their Boeing 787. It was a short flight and dinner were served during the flight was delightful. We had a quick layover in Singapore for my connecting flight to Tokyo with A380. I sat on lower deck and the plane was merely full. They gave us light meal before turndown service, however a mistake was made by the cabin crew as they gave me a wrong food that am allergic too (I've never requested). I got sick during the flight. They kept apologise to me and one of the senior crew came to approach. They offered me a doctor service upon arrival in Narita which I refused. I got slightly better, but it shouldn't be happen. Despite of the allergic reaction due to their service, overall I was still able to enjoy the trip. It was just hindering me to give them a perfect score.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A380
RouteBali Denpasar to Tokyo Narita via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"the flight was very pleasant"

Not Verified | Singapore to Taipei in December 2019. The meal was a seafood pasta. The pasta tasted fishy, lacked flavor and was almost soggy. The service from the crew was top-quality, and the toilet was jam-packed with amenities which I really liked. The in-flight entertainment system has much to choose from and could easily keep you pre-occupied for the whole of the flight duration. Overall, the flight was very pleasant but the meal could’ve been much better.
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I cancelled my flight"

Trip Verified | 15th March I was meant to fly back to Sydney from Amsterdam. I was visiting family and friends and with COVID-19 I found it hard to leave. I was checked in but later that day read on the Singapore website that you weren't allowed to enter Singapore airport if you've been to Germany in the last 14 days. I did. I went through Germany for wintersport to Austria just beforey, so I cancelled my flight. I received 83 euros back (which hardly covers my flight) and I didn't have a choice of accepting that money or not. I just got it back. I tried to contact the airline many times about the situation and never got a reply. Now they're saying they can't help me because I already received 83 euro back for my cancellation. Whereas I know and should've had the right to receive flight credits instead for a flight back to Sydney.
RouteAmsterdam to Sydney via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"told again and again to wait"

Trip Verified | Despicable handling of ticket refunds/flight credits. Purchased ticket through Ctrip in early March for an April departure. Conditions then were: free changes to itinerary. Itinerary was subsequently re-ticketed on Mar 16 due to evolving situation. Departure postponed to May. Now they want to give neither a refund nor flight credits, available to customers who had booked prior to Mar 15, because my ticket was re-issued literally minutes after 0000 hrs, 16 March. I am told again and again to wait. As for what, I am not sure. In the meantime, the route has been canceled for the month of May and Ctrip has not contacted me about my itin.
RouteSingapore to Nagoya
Date FlownMay 2019

"does not give you full refunds"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Bangkok via Singapore booked for March 20th. Singapore Airlines does not give you full refunds or vouchers should they decide. In my case they stated that they have adopted a new travel restriction earlier than the Thailand government required and, thus, would have to seek some other transport. Today 03.04 they also confirmed a hefty cancellation/no-show fee would be deduced.
RouteOsaka to Bangkok via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"there was a fare difference"

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Perth via Singapore. Had to bring my flights home forward by 2 days due to border shutdowns and Government advice re corona virus. Charged me an extra $520AUD to do so despite having a far longer layover in Singapore. Claim that there is no rebooking charge, but there was a fare difference.
RouteDa Nang to Perth via Singapore

"justify charging customers"

Not Verified | Due to the corona virus out break we decided to travel home 6 days early out of a 28 day holiday in Penang, we contacted SIA regarding a change to our flight who informed us we would have to pay 1350RM per person a total of 2700RM. After booking the flight we received an email saying the flight was cancelled with no explanation other than to ring one of there offices in Penang or KL this was at 18.15 there offices close at 17.30. I feel that Singapore Airlines are taking advantage of passengers trying to return home how can they justify charging customers for wanting to return home early. My opinion is 2700RM was an exorbitant price to have pay for a change to flights tickets also the both flights had spare seats when we boarded the flights. We will be returning to Penang when this crises is over but as frequent flyers on Singapore Airlines we will be looking at other airlines.
RoutePenang to Manchester via Singapore