Saudi Arabian Airlines

"They would vanish from the counter and would not give answers"

Not Verified | Very bad, in future will never fly and would never recommend to anyone. Even though we are on time for connecting flights, they had cancelled our seats on connection flight anticipating a delay from primary flight and were made to wait at the counter without proper answers, without food or water on the floor for 7 hours. The service people took our boarding passes and misbehaved with people. They would vanish from the counter and return after hours and would not give answers. We were treated as we animals without proper seating, without food and water, and when we asked for some water they would straight away refuse.
RouteFrankfurt to Bangalore via Jeddah

"it couldn’t care less"

Trip Verified | Do not fly with this airline. My experience with Saudia was not only the worst that I’ve had with any airline, but also the worst I’ve had with any company. The customer support is virtually non-existent and when you need any form of help, this company proves that it couldn’t care less. I flew with my girlfriend from Frankfurt to Bangkok with a layover in Riyadh. The TVs in our row didn’t work on both flights, but otherwise the flights went okay and the food was pretty good. Once we landed in Bangkok we realised my girlfriend’s bag had failed to arrive. We had noticed in Frankfurt that the Saudia representative at baggage drop hadn’t actually put the bag on the baggage carousel, but at the time we didn’t think much of it. Luckily, we had an Apple AirTag inside the luggage, so we could see it was still at Frankfurt Airport and had never left. We reported it to the baggage department at Bangkok Airport, although there were no Saudia representatives in Bangkok specifically. We filed a Baggage Irregularity Report and were told that Saudia should send the bag within the next few days. Saudia never sent the bag to us. We tried contacting them so many times over the following days and weeks. We emailed so many email addresses that we found online, but the majority of them were not even real accounts and so our emails failed to deliver. We tried calling customer service representatives for Saudia in Thailand, Germany and the UK, but either the phone numbers didn’t work, they just didn’t pick up, or they said they couldn’t help at all and we just had to fill out the form online. We filled out the online compensation form in August 2022, but to this day have received no response. We spent nearly €100 on calls from Thailand to Saudia’s helplines but nothing worked. We tweeted them many times and while they did message us back saying they would help, we never heard anything further. This was especially frustrating as the whole time we could see with our AirTag that the bag was just sitting in Frankfurt Airport. It was clear to us that Saudia were making no attempt to find the bag. Eventually, my girlfriend’s parents had to travel to Frankfurt Airport to find the bag. They asked around and showed that they could find it with the AirTag. Luckily, with baggage staff at the airport, they found the bag. Frankfurt Airport then flew it over to us with Thai Airways, and then we picked it up from Phnom Penh airport in Cambodia, more than two weeks after the bag had gone missing. The worst part was that Saudia never listened to us. They have no customer service and did not offer any help. We contacted Saudia again and again to tell them we knew where it was, but nothing. We even went back to Bangkok Airport to talk to Saudia representatives in person who are only in the airport at specific times when flights are happening. They were friendly but offered no help, blaming Frankfurt Airport for the issue. When we contacted Frankfurt Airport, they blamed Saudia for not looking for the bag. It was clear to us that if my girlfriend’s parents hadn’t gone to the airport to find the bag, it would’ve just been left there and eventually auctioned off. We have still received zero compensation.
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok via Riyadh

"really nice staff"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Milan via Jeddah. Great airline, such amazing food and really nice staff. Like the food is amazing. Comfortable seats, good entertainment.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Milan via Jeddah
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I was so disappointed with the service"

Trip Verified | I am asking for a seat refund with this airline, I paid for an extra leg room seat and paid about 95€ only to be given a middle seat, I was so disappointed with the service. The ground staff in Riyadh were super tired and no apologies were heard, not even a simple sorry, he just let us stand on the side waiting for all the passengers to board and said in a very cold rude manner "I cannot do anything, the seat was taken" that's it. I have a terrible leg pain so I always travel and sit in an extra leg room seat, but this time was disappointing, Saudia please return my money.
RouteManila to Paris via Riyadh

"had a great experience"

Trip Verified | Just wanted to thank the team of Saudia, had a great experience though coming back from Manila to Jeddah - had a delayed flight still its outstanding. Kudos to Janelle Rodrigues the flight attendant who done an exceptional job, and also to Leticia Santiago. Keep it up, will surely fly back with you guys.
RouteManila to Dubai via Jeddah
Date FlownNovember 2022

"A terrible travelling experience"

Not Verified | AVOID at all costs. This is one of the worst airlines (if not the worst) I have ever flown. While the planes and the cabin crew are reasonable the rest of the organisation and staff are not. we booked flight 6 months early to ensure everything would be ok. Getting through to them if you have a query is extremely difficult and after 50 or so calls still no clarity on seat allocations/changing dates/times and other queries. When you do there is no one who can really answer any question or can even speak some English. Website is not very informative. Check-in is VERY unfriendly and you are asked for documents that are not asked on other airlines. The final straw was when we missed a flight in Jeddah to Dubai the customer services were EXTREMELY unhelpful and rude given we had 2 young children stuck in Saudi at 12.30am in the morning. In fact they cancelled all our onward flights and did not make any attempt to help us get on our original flights. Instead they made us purchase new flights at a very significant cost. They split our luggage and sent some to Dubai and off boarded some in Jeddah. On the return journey the plane landed late and we had 45 minutes for our connecting flight in Jeddah. There was no real attempt to help us get to our connection and were left in Jeddah airport at 1.15am in the morning with 2 young children to figure out how to get our connection in the short window. A terrible travelling experience. Please avoid as your holiday may become an unpleasant experience regardless of the cost.
RouteLondon to Dubai via Jeddah
Date FlownOctober 2022

"worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | Saudi Arabian Airlines is the worst airline I have ever flown. I travelled from US to Jeddah, and the plane was clean and staff was somewhat nice. Then from Jeddah to Lahore, Pakistan, the staff was very unprofessional and the airline was not well-maintained, it was like riding a local bus. On my way back to the US, they would not let me board food items on the plane, when that is not the case going to Pakistan. They made me check-in my food items, which were inside plastic bags. By the time I came to the US, my food was damaged and my bags were damaged. Saudia Arabian airline staff and the airport security at Jeddah have serious attitude problems.
RouteWashington to Lahore via Jeddah
Date FlownOctober 2022

"I can't see how Saudia can compete against the various Gulf carriers"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Where do I even start?? I opted to upgrade to Business Class (I made an offer and it was accepted) and wish I never did. The coffee is truly horrible (no taste of coffee. It is dark yellowish as you can see for yourself in the photo). They had no special meals option neither in economy nor in Business (they wrote to me on their WhatsApp number that the special meal option is currently suspended). It is mind boggling that on routes from India a major national airline would not have a vegetarian option and I even suspect they ejected this on purpose! The only good cabin crew was a Filipina girl who really did her best. An Indian girl and a local Arab guy (both young in their late twenties) did their job fine. The rest of the cabin crew were not service orientated in any way. About 60% into the flight from Istanbul to Riyadh (the map showed that the plane was above the Red Sea) the flight attendant told me they ran out of drinking water (!) I realised this already during the meal service when people were prompted to ask for soft drinks or juice as there was no water left. This practice of not stocking enough water (despite that the flight was 75% empty!) is criminally negligent because if an emergency of any sort occurs and a flight must be diverted (it happened in the past couple of years more than once due to Yemeni missiles) the passengers are left with no drinking water for up to 4 or 5 hours which is not ok! The new airport terminal in Jeddah is beautiful but the food options are ridiculous. Warning: the terminal is freezing so bring a jacket and long pants unless you wish to get a bad cold during your journey. Each and every food venue in the terminal is a junk food outlet and (again) there is no option for vegetarians. During the check in process and despite that I flew business class the ground staff had no idea that I don't require a visa to Turkiye. They really should train their staff to realise that EU passport holders don't need a visa to Turkiye and that this has been the case for half a century already instead of wasting passengers time at the check in desk for twenty minutes. The airport in Riyadh is old and the lounge is below mediocre. You can't even get a decent coffee in the entire terminal which pretty much sums up the experience. The in-flight entertainment is a (bad) joke. On the Mumbai to Jeddah flight they had a two hour programme showing how a Saudi Prince won the Saudi Cup. Passengers had no choice but to see this prince jumping up and down for long minutes waving a large golden cup (at the same time the Nepalese or Indian jockey was awarded a tiny trophy). The toilets were not cleaned during the flight. In fact the business class toilet was not even sanitized before the flight from Mumbai to Jeddah (I was the first one to use it and noticed hand cream was spurted on the space above the toilet seat!). I can't see how Saudia can compete against the various Gulf carriers with such policies (it can't).
RouteMumbai to Istanbul via Jeddah and Riyadh

"Good price/quality"

Trip Verified | Nice flight with Saudia. First fly from Paris to Jakarta via Jeddah. Everything on time. No problem with our suitcase. Jeddah airport is clean, but no WIFI available. People working in the flight were nice. The screen to watch movie was old and not working. For the return we arrived only 35min late in Paris. 2nd flight was nice. I would recommend Saudia Airlines. Good price/quality.
RouteParis to Jakarta via Jeddah
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I would not recommend Saudia"

Trip Verified | I flew from London to New Delhi, India with Saudia on 23rd of September, 2022. My layover at Jeddah was changed from 12 to 24 hours and I am informed only a day before flying. When I reach Jeddah and ask if I am being accommodated in a hotel, I am being told the airline is not responsible. The staff was rude and impolite. He told me to complain about the delay on the customer care as if writing at the last hour would solve my problem, when he in person was not ready to entertain me. They have all the time to send you emails regarding upgrades for business class but they don't have time to send you emails about the delay. I was probably expected to take a transit visa and find a hotel somewhere in Jeddah city which I have never visited and that also at night. The airlines was least bothered about my safety and discomfort. First they do not inform you about the delay on time and then put all the blame on you. On top of that wifi at Jeddah airport was not working. What a bizarre situation I was in. I would not recommend Saudia if you have other options in hand. Though I have no complains about onboard facilities. Flying attendants were good. The food was tasty with more options.
RouteLondon to Delhi via Jeddah