Saudi Arabian Airlines

"working hard to improve their image"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Flights on time. Cabin Crew is very attentive. I was lucky to fly back with same crew who keep same standard of care. They walk around and very initiative. The Cabin was clean although the aircraft was 14 years old. WiFi was acceptable, however not working on return flight. You see how people on this airline working hard to improve their image. Food was above standard.
RouteMunich to Jeddah
Date FlownMarch 2023

"I would fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Booked this airline as it was the cheapest return flight to Bangkok, went to drop luggage off as already checked in online, went to business class counter and told her i had already checked and she soon changed her attitude. Lounge was okay, nothing too excited. The on board chef introduced himself and came round with arabic coffee and dates, which i found to be a nice way to start the flight,. The seats were private and i slept well throughout. 1st leg crew was very attentive and smiling, dine on demand did not have my choice of desert. 2nd leg - crew was a bit reserved, i was still full from the previous flight, asked if i could just have the arabic mezze and fruit, she seemed shocked & surprised, later asked for a tea, she did not seem friendly but robotic. 3rd leg crew was pleasant, nothing to comment about. 4th leg -crew was pleasant, ordered pancakes for breakfast with fruit yoghurt, asked if i could have a bowl of fresh fruit as well, but she said i can only have one or the other, strange considering it was dine on demand and you could have what ever you want and at anytime you want. I found the entertainment system to be minimal, not offering much for the western traveller on film choices, the rest rooms were not up to standard and maintained, it was wet and paper was on the floor at times. I would describe the lounge as being quite basic considering it is a new airport, staff were okay & pleasant enough, nothing to write home about. The shower facility was good especially with rainfall showers. This airline is trying to compete with the big 3 - Emirates, Qatar and Etihad, they have a lot to do to be of the same standard especially with the crew and on board services. I would fly with them again only because of their competitive price.
AircraftBoeing 787-9 / b787-10
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Jeddah
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"Extremely poor customer service"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Extremely poor customer service. I have to use Saudi Airlines out of necessity rather than by choice due to the location of my work and their monopoly on the internal Saudi flights. As I will be travelling by flight frequently, I decided to join the Al Fursan Loyalty Program. This took 2 months to happen as the process could never be completed and seeking assitance from the customer service was futile. By this time I had already flown 3 segments and now wish to add those flights to my account as is permissible up to 6 months post travel. 3 months later I am still trying to add these flights without success. By telephone I am advised to use the WhatsApp service, the WhatsApp service doesn't respond or gives error messages, I have tried sending emails, I have tried submitting a complaint via the website no response from any effort. I have sought assistance from the ground staff as well as the flight staff encountered during my travels however the advice is always to contact the Unified Customer Service number or the WhatsApp service neither of which ever works. Very frustrating!
RouteJeddah to Tabuk
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"crew were very attentive, courteous"

Not Verified | My flight was SV571 that was actually quite a decent one. Going to Jeddah for the weekend to watch the F1 Races taking place on March 18. Check in went alright. There was not much inflight entertainment available on the plane was alright but I consider it as average. My meal was really tasty which was a cheese pizza type of pastry served with Apple Juice as well. The crew were very attentive, courteous, and spoke English very well to all of the passengers. I would recommend Saudia for travels in the Middle East as it is one of the cheapest fares for flights and for travels. The only hassle was the ground staff in Jeddah. The immigration lines were horrendous and needed some improvements. I know Jeddah Airport is quite big and could easily get crowded especially when you arrive at 7:00pm. The interesting part of Jeddah Airport was it had lots of food and beverages outlets available in the arrivals corridor.
AircraftA330-300
RouteAbu Dhabi to Jeddah
Date FlownMarch 2023

"Worst customer service experience"

Trip Verified | Worst customer service experience I ever had. I tried for several days to change my flight (I booked a flexible ticket) which was impossible. I couldn’t do it online so I called several numbers and all of them didn’t know how to help me or gave me other numbers that didn’t work at all. I spend lots of money and time on the international calls and no one could help me. The after sales service told me to use the Whatsapp number, the WhatsApp number told me to call the After Sales Service. I will now cancel my flight and never ever use this airline again.
RouteCairo to Seoul via Riyadh
Date FlownMarch 2023

"business class was an unpleasant experience"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Traveling business class was an unpleasant experience, worst business even worse than American Airlines; For the price you pay for this business class there are other airlines that offer you much more services both on board and on the ground; wi-fi on board impossible to activate although Saudia provides you with a code via SMS, it does not work, and the staff on board does not know how to help you. Viaggiare in business class è stata un’esperienza sgradevole, la peggiore business anche peggio di American Airlines; Per il prezzo che si paga per questa business class ci sono altre compagnie aeree che ti offrono molti più servizi sia a bordo che a terra; wi-fi a bordo impossibile attivarlo sebbene Saudia ti fornisce via SMS un codice, non funziona, ed il personale a bordo non sa come aiutarti
RouteMilan to Manila via Jeddah
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"baggage service is very poor"

Trip Verified | The crew were lovely but the baggage service is very poor. We were offered to check in our cabin luggage, which we were grateful but until now, 7 weeks later, still not delivered/arrived/missing, other luggage were late delivered and still waiting for 3 more! Do not be deceived with more kg luggage that you can bring! It will not comeback to you and worst no communication from Saudi Airlines despite of our thousand e-mails and calls!
RouteManila to Manchester via Jeddah
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Jeddah was chaotic and slow"

Trip Verified | I did fly with Saudia for the first time. It was on the route between MAN - JED - MNL and I was returning 3 weeks after. The aircraft and the cabin crew - no concerns. Food and beverages were good but during the 11+ hours second leg only 2 meals were served. Interchange in Jeddah - the airport has no drinking water, unless you buy in one of the very expensive shops there. The airport has a very few toilets for males but plenty for females (not sure why). The interchange/transit in Jeddah was chaotic and slow. There was no clear signs where to go and there was not enough staff to guide passengers. During the flights passengers were praying on the plane, on the floor. One thing is certain. I have learnt the Arabic prayers by heart as they were playing it on multiple occasions before and after the take off.
RouteManchester to Manila via Jeddah
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Difficult experience"

Not Verified | 90 percent of tv screen not working. Food comes in small tray. Food quality poor. Seat uncomfortable. Staff nice though but limited snacks available. Difficult experience
RouteNew York to Jeddah
Date FlownDecember 2022

"spacious seats and good service"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | I was impressed with how good the planes were, spacious seats, and good service. The only thing I didn't like much was the food. The problem with Saudia is the ground services and check-in services at the airport in Jeddah which is very slow and quite chaotic.
RouteJeddah to Amsterdam