Saudi Arabian Airlines

"call center team has limited to no ability"

Trip Verified | Saudia continues to lower the bar in terms of customer service. Their call center team has limited to no ability to support on anything beyond sales and seems unaware of most protocols in place - all they do is refer you to email and website forms to fill that have gotten 0 replies for a couple of months. Every operator has a different perspective and approach (one mentioned email, other web page form, another to go to the airport; the airport team members also had a different perspectives). It seems there are no standard protocols to be followed at Saudia or their staff is unaware of them.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteRiyadh to London
Date FlownMay 2024

"will pay more for improved service"

Trip Verified | Very poor experience with Saudia Airlines which was well below what you would expect from a national carrier from their home airport. Flight was delayed almost 4 hours and the communication from ground staff was non-existent with no updates or information. Comfort refreshments were also only offered after well over 3 hours and only after customers became angered at the way they had been treated. To make it even worse the template possibly automated responses from their guest relations team online showed a lack of interest in the way they deal with complaints and customer issues. I will not be using again if I have the choice and can think of several competitors I will pay more for the improved service.
RouteJeddah to London
Date FlownOctober 2023

"did not receive her bags"

Not Verified | The worst experience. My mom travelled from Los Angeles to Cairo and she did not receive her bags at Cairo airport (there were many same case) looks like it was a mess. After couple days my mom received the luggage in a disgusting shape. The first bag was first time to be used they broke one of the roller. The second bag they cut the front zipper. Moreover my mom’s medicine was in one of them and got damaged too. I tried to contact the airline. The worst customer service ever seen between the airlines companies. After going back and forth they didn’t fix what they damaged. I used to live in UAE, big WOW to the Etihad and Emirates airlines. Also, Qatar Airways is great, look around and learn. I am reserving another ticket for my mom and told me never to use Saudi airlines again!
RouteLos Angeles to Cairo via Jeddah
Date FlownNovember 2023

"they have gone backwards"

Not Verified | I flew Saudia years ago and they were great but they have gone backwards. Checking in at airport - used self check in, got luggage tag, but no boarding pass. Staff member assumed I didn’t know how to use machine and walked me through exactly what I’d done already. Surprise, still no boarding pass. Then had to wait in the long check in queue, having been told that because I booked 6 months ago I would be on the stand by list. At the check in desk, the 2 agents passed my passport back and forth, looking confused and speaking Arabic for ages but wouldn’t tell me what the problem was. Eventually got boarding pass, although departure time had changed and was now later. Plane was hot on boarding and for first part of flight, then got freezing cold. Stopover in Jeddah wasn’t advertised on booking ticket so that was a surprise at the airport. Jeddah is in completely the wrong direction for Manila and added a good 3hrs to the journey. Seatbelt sign was on for majority of the flight despite very little turbulence. 5hrs in I was desperate to pee so I got up but was literally yelled at by cabin crew and not allowed to use toilet. Crew served a small meal and one tiny bottle of water at start of flight and then go sit at the back. I do a fair bit of long haul flying but this was not good, and very surprising given that the hospitality in Saudi Arabia itself is second to none.
RouteRiyadh to Manila via Jeddah
Date FlownJune 2024

“it didn't feel like business class”

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | Our flight was delayed without an explanation. We stayed in the plane for an hour without AC in the scorching Riyadh heat. The door was open cause we didn't have an air bridge and we were hauled to the plane by bus earlier and that made the heat on the plane even worse. It took hours for the temperature to finally stabilize after take off when they finally turned the air-conditioning on. The plane felt dated and the seats didn't have power plugs although it's business class. The food on board was okay but overall it didn't feel like business class.
RouteRiyadh to Manila
Date FlownJune 2024

"I missed my flight"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | My original flight time was 3pm however the information on the flight board stated 3.45pm. Based on the board information which I trust would be most recent & accurate as a was unfortunately wrong. The flight time remained at 3pm to which I missed my flight. The customer service personnel from the airline diffused responsibility and told me it was my mistake and not the airline's mistake. Though they did eventually get me on a new flight, this would be my 1st and last time flying with them.
RouteJeddah to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2024

"Service onboard impeccable"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Dar Es Salaam to Manchester via Jeddah 30th April 2024. First leg on A320, 2nd on newer Boeing 787-10. Both flights on time, and luggage delivered finely at final destination. Airbridges provided throughout. The trip was the return legs to Europe and was a bargain promotional purchase: paid some 240 Euro which proved extremely good value for money. Preordered (and got) the seats onboard that I wanted without further pay due to status in Flying Blue. Check-in easy and quick, although a bit underwhelming. In Dar airport, Saudia uses the new Twiga lounge in T3, a 3rd party lounge which is nice but with a bit meagre catering compared to other ne lounges in Dar. Hot food was sparse, and only one of six wines, a red Californian, was acceptable. No draught beer. The Jedda lounge is Saudia’s own, Alfursan, which is impressive, top notch with professional baristas and good dining. However, no alcoholic drinks offered, and on the day, they ran out of water for showering. Service onboard impeccable. Good, hot meal services provided every +/- 4 hours interval, more frequent coffee and drink rounds. Amenity kits were given on both legs. They were of very decent quality, nicely decorated in a colourful Arabic them. FAs exhibit extreme courtesy, willing to help if any issue; focusing on passengers’ wellbeing. Amble, large seat space, better than most other airlines in economy. Large toilets, prayer areas and open spaces onboard gives a very ambient “business class” feeling onboard. IFE modern and competitive, including free set of earphones provided. Frequent Flyer and Skyteam Priority perks given throughout, including seatblock if space available. Flyer miles and tier point instated quickly. Very Islamic oriented airline, including prayers at take offs. Alcohol search at boarding; no alcoholic drinks offered apart from Lounge in Dar; but not an issue. Will use them again. The airline impresses me and improves for every trip; service level become more and more consistent and genuine.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 787-10
RouteDar Es Salaam to Manchester via Jeddah
Date FlownApril 2024

"makes it impossible to claim"

Trip Verified | My flight was delayed, I had a few days without my suitcases, I filled out required forms. I have had to buy new things out of my own pocket, this airline makes it impossible to claim back for this, they put every barrier in the way, you literally cannot complain or get hold of anyone, its appalling treatment of people.
RouteParis to Riyadh
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"never use Saudia in future"

Trip Verified | Flight SV588, Jeddah-Dubai, 24th April 2024. I came for UMRA with my family and on our departure we faced tremendous difficulty at Jeddah Airport, we were first told to go to gate 27A and later it was changed to A45, by the time we reached to the gate it was 11:35am the person over-there was very cruel and rude, I was requesting him to allow as I am with my family and we were waiting at the gate earlier but he said no go to counter 25 and buy another ticket. On counter 25 there was a lady said you buy online ticket of any airline and we purchased FlyNas ticket and came but when we arrived at DXB Airport we did not receive our baggage. We are really disappointed as we spend extra 3,000 Dirhams buying FLYNAS ticket and our baggage did not arrive. We were having kids and there was one more family with infant and the mother was pregnant and even they suffered a lot, ideally Saudia Airline should have adjusted us in the other flight but they forced us to buy another ticket. We will never use Saudia in future.
RouteJeddah to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2024

"a very pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Geneva to Jeddah to Dubai + Dubai to Riyadh to Geneva. Honestly, everything was great. If only the European & American carriers had this level of service in Economy. Arabic coffee (+ dates) served as a welcome drink (in Economy!) on the Geneva to Jeddah leg. Crew overall very nice and attentive, aside a couple of Saudi male members on the GVA to JED segment who look very unmotivated. Full hot meals served, even on the Jeddah to Dubai leg (2 hours). Yes, no alcohol available (Saudia is a dry airline) – not a big deal for me. Priority bag delivered first. The only areas of improvement are the IFE (the movie selection is just limited) and the onboard WiFi (packages are non-sense in terms of data, and expensive). The Saudia international lounge in Jeddah is impressive: as a SkyTeam Elite Plus member, I was able to use the Elite section, with a la carte food & drinks (pics attached). Riyadh lounge, on the opposite, very mediocre. Overall, a very pleasant experience: love the Saudia re-branding and quite impressed with the progress they made in the last few years.
AircraftA330 / A320