Saudi Arabian Airlines

"they were out of vegetarian meals"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Mumbai via Jeddah. First of all let me start with meal plan. There were multiple options to select meal online for eg: Hindu meal, vegetarian meal, etc. My husband selected hindu meal for us as we didn't wanted to eat vegetarian meal as we had heard it is mainly has boiled spinach and boiled rice. He also called the airlines just to confirm if we will get vegetarian food in Hindu meal. The customer executive said Its Hindu meal it will be vegetarian. When we got our food in our flight, we saw chicken pieces under the rice and we called the flight attendant, she said she is confused as she even thought the same, hindu meal is vegetarian. And they were out of vegetarian meals too. For our entire flight to Jeddah, we were served only one entree meal. They didnt have snacks too. Other disappointing thing while using Saudi Arabian airlines is the layover at Jeddah. Its one of the worst airports to have your halt. The bathrooms are dirty.
RouteLos Angeles to Mumbai via Jeddah

"it was a good flight"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Tabuk to Paris via Jeddah. Overall it was a good flight, food was acceptable and cabin crew was very friendly and welcoming. My luggage was lost in the return trip. The main issue is customer support if you have any issue, not existing. They do not answer to emails, WhatsApp and keep you on hold for minutes on the phone, so disappointed from that point of view.
AircraftBoeing 777/A320
RouteTabuk to Paris via Jeddah

"happy with their help"

Trip Verified | I traveled through Saudi Arabian Airlines from Manchester to Jeddah round trip. I had some problem with ticket modification. I contacted saudi airline team and they facilitated me very well. I'm happy with their help.
RouteManchester to Jeddah
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"attendant were nice and helpful"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | Jeddah to Dawadmi . My flight was in the middle of the day which was so busy in term of operation since I was traveling domestic, as soon as I got to the airport the check-in agents helped me with the boarding with smiles and all information I needed when asked for. They took the passengers by bus, because the aircraft was in a remote apron, when arrived flight attendant were nice and helpful, serving meals was great with good options although it was a short flight for one hour and 15 minutes.
RouteJeddah to Dawadmi
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"a rather good flight I must say"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Managed to get a good deal on Saudia from Kuala Lumpur to Istanbul via Jeddah. Was a little apprehensive having read the reviews on this airline but was surprised on how pleasant the flights were. To be honest, the pitch on their economy seats was a lot better than many legacy airlines - plenty of room to stretch the legs (and I am 5'5) and the front seat barely touched the knees even when fully reclined. Leather seats, so cool and comfortable. Was served 2 meals for a 7+ hour flight and they were quite delicious. Many have written that the plane toilets were dirty but I did not encounter that on all my Saudia flights on this trip (even on the return Istanbul - KL flight which was full). The only gripe was that insufficient water was provided throughout the flight - you have to ask for the extra bottle. Movies were not aplenty but there were some new Hollywood selections. A basic comfort kit was even provided for economy class passengers - a nice touch. Overall, a rather good flight I must say. I would fly this airline again especially with the 2 x 23kg baggage allowance they give! And no, they did not lose any of our luggage - everything arrived at the respective destinations well and good. Now coming to the airports - on-route to Istanbul, the transit airport was Jeddah for 1.5 hour layover. Yes, the transfer area was crowded and the toilets were not so clean - but coming from Malaysia, they are not that different from our highway toilets - wet, doesn't smell good but honestly, tolerable. Coming back, the layover was at Riyahd airport - bigger, more pleasant although only 1 toilet area for the whole departure lounge.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Istanbul via Jeddah
Date FlownDecember 2019

"haven't received the water"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | My seat was 48L I asked for the mineral water because the one given earlier finished. The stewardess says 'later'. After 1 hour I have not received, I asked again the same stewardess when she passed by and until the end of my journey I haven't received the water as requested - bad service. The toilets seems not checked by the staff and it was awful. Do not intend to fly with the airline any more.
RouteJeddah to Kuala Lumpur

"Worst experience"

Not Verified | Munich to Lahore via Jeddah. 8 hours of delay. Delay is not the issue, they have written a rule on board that if your stay is more than 6 hours they will give you a hotel room. Now they are saying that the rooms are only for EU, American and Canadian passports. And they only give transit visa to EU, American and Canadian passports. Worst experience. No compensation. The terminal is poor. No place to eat. No KFC no McDonalds nothing.
RouteMunich to Lahore via Jeddah
Date FlownDecember 2019

"all marks to their efficiency"

(Pakistan)

Not Verified | Lahore to Jeddah via Dubai. It was my first time travelling via Saudia with family. The flight was at 11 AM, we reached airport at 7:30 AM and after checking process / security reached counter at around 8 AM> The check-in staff was good and they were cooperative, anyhow they took alot of time as the lady issuing boarding cards was new induction Flight was on time and those who were with families were called to board the aircraft before travelers travelling alone. The attitude of male flight pursers at the aircraft door was harsh and a lot was left desired. Aircraft was new. Flight was uneventful, smooth takeoff and food was served about after 45 minutes. They had two meals chicken or fish, my son opted for chicken but he did not like it, he being diabetic needed to eat, so I asked flight crew for additional meal for him, which they obliged, rather their attitude towards my son became more caring. We landed on time and since we were transit passengers so we were sent to transit lounge. Then for the next flight for Dubai once I passed through the security check / check-in counter it was found that Saudia Staff at Pakistan has issued me with two boarding cards for Lahore to Jeddah flight, however other family members had correct boarding passes. This caused delay in my move to aircraft and consequently my family was also stopped, however after checking our tickets and online confirmation we were allowed to board the aircraft. Cabin crew on our flight to Jeddah was very cooperative, kind and caring, all marks to their efficiency. The aircraft was new and very clean.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / A330
RouteLahore to Jeddah via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2019

" I lost my tablet"

Trip Verified | Dammam to Los Angeles via Jeddah. I lost my tablet when arriving from Dammam and transit to Jeddah. I discovered that I missed it in the plan when I was in the security check point. I contacted Saudi Airline almost 35 minutes from my arrival. They said they checked the plane but did not find anything. The Executive managers did not help at all. As I complained, they made me miss my next flight. I was left with nobody to talk to till 10:30 am. I cannot go back to the border as my exit from KSA was final. I had to book a new flight. I paid from my own pocket the new trip starting after 17 hours from my arrival to Jeddah. At around 10:30 am I told my story to the next shift manager. I asked him how to catch the new booked flight. He helped me at around 12:0 pm to catch the flight booked on Etihad to Abu Dhabi then LA. Saudi airlines did not transfer my checked luggage to Etihad and ended up with no luggage at the end of my trip. Saudi Airlines is lacking professional services and customer respect.
RouteDammam to Los Angeles via Jeddah

"I was totally ignored"

Trip Verified | Jeddah to Dubai. My seat 35L window I was totally ignored, the cabin crew only interacted with the gentleman sitting at the aisle. Very surprised to see that they were serving ladies after men not caring of a simple worldwide etiquette, never happened with other airlines. My seat was broken and really uncomfortable I was trying to ask for a cushion but I gave up since they did not care of me. Moreover the access to the lounge in the terminal is restricted to frequent flyers and they don’t accept credit cards.
RouteJeddah to Dubai