Saudi Arabian Airlines

Saudi Arabian Airlines customer review

(Bangladesh)

Trip Verified | New York to Dhaka via Riyadh. An old plane from Dhaka to Riyadh, from Riyadh to New York they provided a nicer one. We thought it was just for this time but when we came back, the same thing happened again. Good plane and services to / from New York and old plane and bad service. We think there is a discrimination between the service. The screen in front of my seat didn't work, seat doesn't recline. And the food wasn't so good as New York to Jeddah.
RouteNew York to Dhaka via Riyadh
Date FlownOctober 2018

"absolutely terrible airline"

Trip Verified | New York to Abu Dhabi via Jeddah. Saudia is an absolutely terrible airline. On a stop-over in Jeddah I was humiliated by Saudia staff. In addition I had to buy a new ticket for an additional 1K USD. On a stopover from Jeddah, the gate for my connecting flight (business class ticket) closed before the 20 minutes deadline so I missed my connection. When I asked to be placed on the next flight I was mistreated. Saudia staff were not able to provide me with information on the next flight or rebook me. I couldn't rebook myself on another airline as I did not possess a visa to leave that terminal (which is only Saudia). Instead a staff group of 5-6 men laughed at me on numerous occasions. I was repeatedly told that the only solution was to sleep on the floor and wait for the next morning's flight (they never gave me an answer on why they couldn't rebook me now, but could magically do so for the next day). Several different staff members claimed to be the "manager" and sent me around in circles around the airport (I crossed security over 5 times) only to be sent back to the original "manger". This whole process took ~4 hours. The only solution to this ordeal and to get out of Jeddah was for my husband to spend another 1K to buy a new ticket (the Saudia staff in Jeddah were not even able to arrange for me to purchase a new ticket at the airport). I was finally able to get a "manager" to print my boarding pass, as I was also refused this service by several others. Upon arriving in the UAE, my luggage was lost for several days. This was a terrible experience, one that I would never expect from a Skyteam Alliance partner. Do yourself a favour and never use Saudia.
RouteNew York to Abu Dhabi via Jeddah
Date FlownOctober 2018

"will never recommend Saudia"

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Manila return. After the take off our entertainment screens did not work. After restarting it 3 times, the staff came and said sorry they cannot do anything and they cannot move us as the flight was full. Fine, a 9 hour flight with a 4y old with no entertainment and not even an apology. When it came to the meal before arrival, choice between fish or chicken were on the menu. But just our luck, they were out of chicken half way through the service and being allergic to fish I had to go hungry. That was they first experience - second experience came on the way back from Manila to Riyadh. First the seats we booked online with online check in has been moved as they changed aircraft. Again after take off, our entertainment screens did not work. When we asked the staff about it the response was sorry it does not work. I asked to speak to the supervisor onboard and after a long talk he finally moved us to another seat. Now the audio did not work. I spoke to the supervisor again and he promised to make the note to the airline. How must we not have entertainment for another 9 hour flight that we paid for? When the meal came again before arrival, again the chicken run out before it reached us. When we asked the staff to please see if there is any spare, she came back within 10 min with a chicken meal. She told us that this is for us, but it actually is for the staff. I told her to keep her staff meal and again no food. I will never recommend Saudia and never ever fly with them again. The staff attitude really need to change. We paid for the flight, entertainment and food.
RouteManila to Riyadh via Return
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"This was the worst flight"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Milan via Jeddah. This was the worst flight of my entire life. Starting with the fact that you couldn't pay 100 usd for a surfboard with a credit card, so I had to exit the airport to get cash, re-enter, go to their office. Jeddah airport where we spent 5 hours in transit was pure hell - people everywhere, even all over the floor, no place to sit, dirty and smelly, bathroom with mess all over the floor and people washing their feet in the wash basins. No way of knowing your gate and staff making fun of you for even trying to ask. It was a miracle we figured out where we needed to go and caught our flight. But the worst part was getting home, unpacking my precious surfboard and seeing the tail of it broken. I had packed it very well with extra protection on tail and nose aside from a heavy duty boardbag. Whoever handled it made a real effort to break it. Oh, and their customer service is non-existent - if you try to fill out the damage form online it doesn't work, if you try to call them, they just refer you back to the website. They didn't even know what a surfboard was when I called them - a bunch on clowns taking people's money.
RouteColombo to Milan via Jeddah
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"not any kind of entertainment"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Flight from Rome to Jeddah (4 hr 35 min flight): there was not any kind of entertainment or any kind of comforts such as earplugs, blanket or pillows. Flight from Jeddah to Jakarta (9 hr 55 min flight): the flight had a 2 hour delay, nobody informed us about that and even when we asked they did not provide any kind of answer. Finally, we are on board, my screen was not working so the cabin crew changed my seat. I moved and guess what, my table was not working. At that point, I gave up and I kept my seat sharing the table for eating with my boyfriend. During the flight, there were not enough blankets for all the passengers and they did not provide earplugs or a mask or anything to make the flight a bit more comfortable. Flight from Jakarta to Riyadh (8 hr 55 min). Of course, we started the boarding 2 hours late and of course, nobody apologized or informed us about the delayed. My screen was not working even this time, I informed the cabin crew, which did not do anything (even purpose me a different solution). My seat also had a hole in the front and about the general cleanliness was a total failure. The meals served was something unbelievable. Flight from Riyadh to Rome (6 hr 00 min). For a long flight, the company did not provide any kind of entertainment. Furthermore, the general screen was obviously broken. This does not allow me to watch the security video about the take-off. The sink in the bathroom was stuck and it was not possible to wash your hands.
RouteRome to Jakarta via Jeddah and Riyadh

"average inflight Service"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Dubai. On time flight and average inflight Service. Food quality and variety needs improvement. Seats and overall aircraft condition was good since it was a newer aircraft.
RouteRiyadh to Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2018

"poor management of delays"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Riyadh . Bad communication and very old aircraft. Checkin was fine, however the flight was delayed by over 1hour and 30mins, apart from the SMS from Saudia, no further information from ground. Suddenly the on screens displayed final call and announced that flight is closing. This resulted in mass panic amongst all passengers trying to get to the gate. Very poor management of delays. Also the gate staff did not have an idea of no communications to passengers. To make things worse, they had a very old A330 with washrooms in poor condition.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDubai to Riyadh
Date FlownAugust 2018

"flight postponed 4 times"

Trip Verified | My flight from Jeddah to Madinah on 13 of August 2018 for Hajj has been postponed 4 times and till now 00:01 9n 14 August I am waiting in a very bad hall since my flight landed at 3 PM on 13 August. Saudi Arabian Airlines representative has provided a snack followed by meal saying that I can do nothing but meal. Bearing in our mind that hourly there is a flight from Jeddah to Madinah. However,instead of deferring each flight 1 hour late,they preferred to delay my flight more than 6 hours. I do not think that was a wise attitude towards pilgrims and the airline should think twice before changing any flight especially after giving the passenger a boarding pass in which the time to fly was writing as 21:35.
RouteJeddah to Madinah

"very good leg room"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Washington to Riyadh. It was a very good and comfortable flight. Friendly and attentive staff. The economy seats have a very good leg room. Well picked entertainments. And to be mentioned, the staff at the ground service in Washington were very nice.
RouteWashington to Riyadh
Date FlownJuly 2018

"unable to trace my luggage"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Singapore via Jeddah. Saudia lost my luggage and say they are unable to trace any of my luggage. I cannot even complete the complaint form online because the form is unable to submit and an error message appears every time I try to contact any department. Very poor.
RouteManchester to Singapore via Jeddah