Saudi Arabian Airlines

"aircraft are dated and unkept"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | The check-in staff is slow, the aircraft are dated and unkept. The wheelchair desk is unresponsive, the airline ground staff makes us feel like they are doing a huge favor by letting us fly their airline.
RouteRiyadh to Mumbai
Date FlownMay 2022

"arm rests in coach class are randomly broken"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | Ridiculously small food portions and broken arm rests. I flew coach class from Jakarta to Jeddah on Saudia's B777-300 ER, their leather seats are comfy and leg room is spacious. For a ten hour flight the catering was ridiculously limited. An hour into the flight they served a small pizza-snack, and catering was only continued with a breakfast once flying over the Arabian peninsula. Breakfast was Tasteless scrambled eggs, without any side dishes at all. Just a single bread bun. Coffee with milk? Not available. They only serve coffee with creamer-powder. The arm rests in coach class are randomly broken respectively liftable. Flight was half empty and I could had turned my seat row into a bed, however as the arm rests weren't liftable I couldn't make any usage of the empty seats next to me. Different to the passenger in the row in front of me for instance. Inflight entertainment was also randomly broken/working. In my row, not a single screen was working. Also, their digital menus in the inflight system weren't updated. It is a bit weird on a long haul flight if the captain doesn't bother at all to get in contact with his/her passengers via a board announcement.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteJakarta to Jeddah
Date FlownJune 2022

"almost 2 hours to queue for checkin"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | This airline has only 3 counters opened in Schiphol Amsterdam airport. It took us almost 2 hours to queue for checkin. Very bad experience and it was really a tiring process. They should consider adding manpower given with the passenger volume.
RouteAmsterdam to Kuala Lumpur via Jeddah
Date FlownJune 2022

"Very bad service!"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Very bad service! Bad service during the flights (did not collect the food, delayed flight, etc..) and lost my baggage! Tried submitting the lost baggage form on the website thousands of times but could not submit! Need to keep re-entering the info to try again. Complete waste of my time!
RouteAmsterdam to Jeddah via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2022

"no food given, rude staff"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Lahore via Jeddah. Cancelled 5 days in advance, after a lot searching, translating and arguing finally got to speak to someone(none of the numbers work) via WhatsApp. 3 different people promised me tickets would be refunded every time I spoke someone new apparently the previous person forgot to start the refund procedure. Finally got refunded a little less than half the amount paid, no explanation. No one to complain to or ask for info. Bad service on flight no food given, rude staff
RouteAmsterdam to Lahore via Jeddah
Date FlownMay 2022

"the worst airline I have ever tried"

Trip Verified | Honestly it is the worst airline I have ever tried in my life. Never again. My flight from Male was supposed to depart on 7 may 2022 however after doing all the process and entering the plane after 3 hours of delay, Saudia decided to cancel the flight just before departure. Imagine we were inside the plane and they told us to go out as the crew need to rest. What a stupid excuse. Everyone was shocked and thought its a joke. However it was a nightmare as we have to wait in the airport for 24 hours for their next flight. None of the crew where giving any explanation beside they were so rude, arogant and unprofessional. Anyway i learned my lesson never ever fly with cheap dirty and unprofessional airline like Saudia.
RouteMale to Jeddah
Date FlownMay 2022

"aircraft is so filthy and very old"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Jeddah to Manila my wife's food special request they don't have, we book and request since February and its confirmed so Jeddah to manila my wife didn't eat anything. The aircraft is so filthy and very old. Manila to Jeddah same problem, my wife no food request again, and the worst part our luggage they don't want us to put any food snack in our carry on bag.
RouteRome to Manila via Jeddah
Date FlownMay 2022

"Will never fly them again"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | The poorest ever logistics, delays, cancellations and last minute changes! Will never fly them again. On 4 consecutive flights everything that could, did go wrong and the ground staff is useless and rude.
RouteDubai to Kuala Lumpur via Riyadh
Date FlownMay 2022

"airline refused to give the additional compensation"

Trip Verified | We scheduled our trip to Male for the dates 01/04 to 08/04. Our flights were cancelled a few days before departure date, with no reasons given. The alternative option proposed by the airlines was to depart on 05/04, obviously not feasible as we booked hotels already. Customer service is unreachable from EU. No news about tickets refund yet. The airline refused to give the additional compensation which EU passengers are entitled to when flights are cancelled less than 14 days before departure date. They did not give any reason for it. I now have to contact an agency to process this claim and pay expensive fees. Never again.
RouteAmsterdam to Dubai via Jeddah
Date FlownApril 2022

"flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Dubai via Jeddah. Never again. Flight delayed at first (original departure time 15.55h), finally boarding at 19.30h. At 20.00h (still waiting to enter the plane) the ground staff came to tell us that the flight was cancelled. Only because the pilot had issues with his crew and their flying hours. After the cancellation, no service was provided. All passengers had to find their own way to a certain service desk where (as we were told) they would take care of the situation and try to book all of us on another flight. This service desk was nowhere to be found, nobody was willing to help us. When we finally found the service desk, they told us that maybe the flight might leave after all. (Our luggage was still on the plane). At 21.30h they confirmed that there was no flight and there were no other possibilities to fly to Jeddah or Dubai. The bags should come any minute, the said. At 23.30 h we were still waiting for our baggage. All that time there was no possibility to get something to eat or to drink; not even water was provided. Short summary: the issues of one pilot of this airline did cost us our complete holiday trip to Dubai, to which we were looking forward to for months - no other possibility was offered. Thanks a lot, Saudi Arabian Airlines!
RouteAmsterdam to Dubai via Jeddah