Saudi Arabian Airlines

"I had faulty IFE"

Not Verified | London to Riyadh. I was annoyed that the check-in person weighed my hand luggage, especially as both my checked luggage pieces were well below the limit - as was my hand luggage. The reason for the annoyance was that it is obvious they let some passengers take too much luggage on board. They should tackle them and not the ones who do stick to the weight limits. I had faulty IFE on my way to London and again on this flight - very poor, especially as these are fairly new planes. I suspect the person behind me also has problems because he kept hitting the supposed touchscreen quite forcibly. Also the same issue with food as on the first leg - not enough of it. The other surprising thing was that the food from Riyadh was much tastier than that from Heathrow - the opposite of what one would normally expect. In any case, I was glad that I had eaten in the lounge. Apart from these issues the flight was fine. The experience gets spoilt by the mayhem at Riyadh airport's luggage carousels which are too small and in too small a space. Not Saudia's fault, just the airport handling many more passengers that before. Nonetheless, Saudia have always delivered my luggage on the same flight and without causing any serious damage to it (unlike Emirates). Happy to continue flying with Saudia and always taking some food with me.
RouteLondon to Riyadh
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"an excellent flight"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | Riyadh to London. This was an excellent flight with Saudia except the IFE was not working properly and the food, though reasonably tasty, was of insufficient quantity. It is very poor that the IFE screen on an aircraft that is only two and a half years old was faulty. These two issues aside, the Flight Attendant was excellent and made for a very pleasant flight. Last year (probably in response to complaints about the food) Saudi introduced a new service model where items are handed out individually rather than being already on a tray. The problem with this is that it takes a very long time for the food to be delivered, especially if you happen to away from where they start the service. Overall, I still prefer Saudi on this route.
RouteRiyadh to London
Date FlownAugust 2019

"flight was suddenly cancelled"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I booked from Dubai to Kuala Lampur via Riyadh, after check in the flight was suddenly cancelled, later their excuse was bad weather, there definitely was not bad weather, I checked myself. I was rebooked via Jeddah, flight arrived very late, I missed my appointment, Saudi airlines compensated me 98AED only, absolutely a disaster.
RouteDubai to Kuala Lampur
Date FlownApril 2019

"had a pleasant experience"

Not Verified | Nice experience onboard my Saudia Flight from London Heathrow to Jeddah. The plane was quite empty at that time of year so we had more space to roam around the aircraft. The food was decent and had a pleasant experience with Saudia.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Jeddah
Date FlownMarch 2019

"they get worse and worse"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Jeddah to Riyadh. Unfortunately, since I presently live and work in Saudi Arabia, I have to fly on Saudia often. This airline never ceases to disappoint me! It seems that they get worse and worse. On this latest occasion, the flight departed Jeddah late, the delay was never announced on the airport screens and the Saudia personnel knew nothing. Once the flight arrived in Riyadh, the passengers were sent to a carousel to "pick up their luggage." No one mentioned to the passengers that the plane had left Jeddah without 95% of our baggage. There were no Saudia reps at the carousel and the passengers, including myself, were left waiting 1 and 1/2 hours for our baggage. Needless to say the baggage never arrived. Finally we were told to go to their claim desk where they had two reps to deal with over 150 passenger claims. We were given a claim number and told we would receive a text when our bags came in and that we would have to return to the airport for them, no such thing as sending the bags to you. For three days I attempted to call their baggage service center without response, I never received a text. I finally returned to the airport on the 4th day and found that my bag, along with thousands of other bags from Riyadh flights over the previous 5 days were piled up in a corner. I wish I did not have to fly them again, however there are only a few choices here and each is worse than the other!
RouteJeddah to Riyadh
Date FlownAugust 2019

"wait in the airport for 7 hrs"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | My flight from Amman to Jeddah was already delayed 2.5hrs therefore I missed my 7pm connecting flight in Jeddah going to Riyadh. When I arrived in Jeddah they issued new boarding pass where i will need to wait in the airport for 7 hrs. As I expected all transit passengers luggage went missing! And luggage airport staff gave us a claim card and the customer hotline written there was no answer. A customer service cannot be reached! I think this is the worst that a passenger could experience. The luggage airport staff even said they will send me an sms if they found my luggage at 10am. But until this review writing I dont receive any sms coming from them. Will I recommend Saudia? Definitely No!
RouteAmman to Riyadh via Jeddah

Saudi Arabian Airlines customer review

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Casablanca via Jeddah booked for September 2019. This is my biggest mistake to purchase Saudia Airlines flight ticket. I understand flight company normally will reschedule their flight if you purchased an earlier ticket, but Saudia definitely is the most frequent company who do that. I had purchased my ticket one year ago and they had changed the flight time for 6 times. In the end they cancelled the flight number and I force to stopover at Jeddah for more than 12 hours. I have to apply a visa for that. They are not going to responsible for anything and i had to rearrange all my hotel bookings and car rental bookings. I had no choice to refund because the price of other airlines all increase more than double. After this happened I only saw many of the reviews are telling how bad is them. Too regret that I didn't notice about it earlier.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Casablanca via Jeddah
Date FlownAugust 2019

"staff were not helpful at all"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Had a connecting flight from Riyadh to Manila via Jeddah (round trip), and it was not the smooth trip that I was expecting. From Riyadh, they moved our hand carry luggage from the cabin to the checked.in luggages without even informing us since there were no more room for our bags. Upon arrival.to Jeddah we asked the FA and they cannot even give us assistance how we can get our luggages. We waited at the conveyor and when my handcarry bag came out, it was a mess, it was covered with dirt and along with me were the passengers who were also waiting for their luggages for more than 2 hrs, worst part was nobody was assisting them.or helping them find their bags. On my way back to Riyadh, unfortunately I have connecting flight via Jeddah again. And since we were instructed from Manila that we will be collecting our bags in Riyadh, I was confident that I no longer need to get my bags in Jeddah, but then again, another problem came up. When we asked the ground crew in Jeddah, they said we need to collect our bags and drop it again at the counter. There were no instructions given beforehand and if you will not ask them they will not also inform you. The staff were also not helpful at all, not customer-friendly.
RouteRiyadh to Manila via Jeddah
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Would not recommend Saudia"

Trip Verified | Arrived at Dubai via SV564 from Madinah last night. Half of our flight people were missing luggage, Registered a complaint, Saudia representative at Dubai airport confirmed that our luggage is in the Jeddah flight landing at 11:00 pm last night, and will be delivered to our hotel right away as all the drivers are notified and waiting for our luggage. I was told it’ll be here in an hour. Would not recommend Saudia.
RouteMadinah to Dubai

"Such a nightmare"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Such a nightmare to what happened go my flight with Saudia Airlines, route Manila to Riyadh via Jeddah. They lost my luggage from JED airport. What they just did, took my contacts and the details of my luggage like how it looks like and just gave me a card where I can contact them for updates. Really disappointed that time because I was left with no options and it seems they are not sorry for what happened, very unprofessional! Went to our accommodation with just my backpack and very exhausted from a long travel. With this kind of issue, most probably you will think that they will apologize, send your luggages from our doorsteps for free and of course, will keep you updated. Instead, you will spend another bunch of money (since i dont have a car of my own) from going back and forth to the airport and worst, busy line. Really a nightmare! Took 9 hours after I arrived (RUH) when I got my luggage with my own effort.
RouteManila to Riyadh via Jeddah