Saudi Arabian Airlines

"the worst airline I have ever tried"

Trip Verified | Honestly it is the worst airline I have ever tried in my life. Never again. My flight from Male was supposed to depart on 7 may 2022 however after doing all the process and entering the plane after 3 hours of delay, Saudia decided to cancel the flight just before departure. Imagine we were inside the plane and they told us to go out as the crew need to rest. What a stupid excuse. Everyone was shocked and thought its a joke. However it was a nightmare as we have to wait in the airport for 24 hours for their next flight. None of the crew where giving any explanation beside they were so rude, arogant and unprofessional. Anyway i learned my lesson never ever fly with cheap dirty and unprofessional airline like Saudia.
RouteMale to Jeddah
Date FlownMay 2022

"aircraft is so filthy and very old"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Jeddah to Manila my wife's food special request they don't have, we book and request since February and its confirmed so Jeddah to manila my wife didn't eat anything. The aircraft is so filthy and very old. Manila to Jeddah same problem, my wife no food request again, and the worst part our luggage they don't want us to put any food snack in our carry on bag.
RouteRome to Manila via Jeddah
Date FlownMay 2022

"Will never fly them again"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | The poorest ever logistics, delays, cancellations and last minute changes! Will never fly them again. On 4 consecutive flights everything that could, did go wrong and the ground staff is useless and rude.
RouteDubai to Kuala Lumpur via Riyadh
Date FlownMay 2022

"airline refused to give the additional compensation"

Trip Verified | We scheduled our trip to Male for the dates 01/04 to 08/04. Our flights were cancelled a few days before departure date, with no reasons given. The alternative option proposed by the airlines was to depart on 05/04, obviously not feasible as we booked hotels already. Customer service is unreachable from EU. No news about tickets refund yet. The airline refused to give the additional compensation which EU passengers are entitled to when flights are cancelled less than 14 days before departure date. They did not give any reason for it. I now have to contact an agency to process this claim and pay expensive fees. Never again.
RouteAmsterdam to Dubai via Jeddah

"flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Dubai via Jeddah. Never again. Flight delayed at first (original departure time 15.55h), finally boarding at 19.30h. At 20.00h (still waiting to enter the plane) the ground staff came to tell us that the flight was cancelled. Only because the pilot had issues with his crew and their flying hours. After the cancellation, no service was provided. All passengers had to find their own way to a certain service desk where (as we were told) they would take care of the situation and try to book all of us on another flight. This service desk was nowhere to be found, nobody was willing to help us. When we finally found the service desk, they told us that maybe the flight might leave after all. (Our luggage was still on the plane). At 21.30h they confirmed that there was no flight and there were no other possibilities to fly to Jeddah or Dubai. The bags should come any minute, the said. At 23.30 h we were still waiting for our baggage. All that time there was no possibility to get something to eat or to drink; not even water was provided. Short summary: the issues of one pilot of this airline did cost us our complete holiday trip to Dubai, to which we were looking forward to for months - no other possibility was offered. Thanks a lot, Saudi Arabian Airlines!
RouteAmsterdam to Dubai via Jeddah
Date FlownApril 2022

"flights were pretty underwhelming"

Not Verified | My first experience of flying Saudia, the dates I needed plus the value for money made it quite a viable option. I was happy with the booking process plus the contact centre communication, as well as email updates and the app too. Saudi Arabian lose scores because that they have absolutely no idea what customer service means, my connecting flight was rebooked for 15 hours later and I only found out at the boarding gate of my flight, apparently because the flight from London to Jeddah left 30 minutes late I was rebooked. I was completely frustrated as people were boarding the flight to Islamabad and I was just left. There was no help offered by anyone at the airport, I was asking to speak to a representative from the airline but no one was available, 15 hours wasted in the lounge and there was no offer of compensation / accomodation. Logged a complaint but heard nothing back. I will still be pursuing them. The flights were pretty underwhelming, uncomfortable seats, unresponsive screens and cabin crew seemed chaotic and frustrated, the meals were okay and that's pretty much it. I won't be flying with them again, as the whole experience was annoying especially as there was no explanation for why the flight was rebooked also that there was no one to approach about it, any attempts to complain or approach staff were batted away, with the lack of English being cited as the reason for not understanding....
RouteLondon to Islamabad via Jeddah

"Awful customer service"

Not Verified | Awful customer service - avoid at all costs. The help desk attendants were all on their cell phones and refused to serve my family and I. They passed us off to 3 different people simply because they couldn't be bothered to help us. When we approached them to help us check in for our flight, the tone of voice and their attitude was completely unacceptable. First the ladies passed us off to the next counter attendants, because they wanted to spend time on their cell phones instead of helping customers. Then when we tried to check in our additional baggage, the men kept sending us back and forth between the guest relations simply because none of them knew where to pay the fees for the additional baggage. Absolutely useless.
RouteRiyadh to Madinah

"Poor quality airline"

Trip Verified | Poor quality airline - dirty interior and no seat belts available for infants (not a one-off experience - I’ve had the same experience on three internal flights).
RouteAl Ula to Jeddah via Riyadh

"Absolutely horrendous experience"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Absolutely horrendous experience with Saudi Arabian Airlines. Booked a one way ticket and wanted to cancel it to rebook a return ticket after only a few hours (due to additional research), so I went to Manage my Booking as the website requested - only to not be shown any options to change or cancel. I then went to the Refund page, submitted a request, but was not shown the refund amount and website directly proceeded to tell me to wait for the cancellation and refund (and their website is not clear whether they have a 24H full refund policy). I tried to contact them via the website chat as well as whatsapp - after 5 hours there was no response by any agents. I then made the final decision to call their HQ, incurring expensive overseas call charges, waited 33 minutes, and was answered by a bored-sounding customer service staff. I introduced myself and asked if it was okay if I used English to converse. He paused for 5 seconds, then terminated the call. Tens of dollars down the drain.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Munich via Jeddah
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Never travel with them"

Trip Verified | Amman to Mumbai via Jeddah. Worst Airline with no support. Never travel with them, they are the worst. No ground support and no instructions. Food was also really bad.
RouteAmman to Mumbai via Jeddah