Royal Jordanian Airlines

"Royal Jordanian refused to reimburse me"

Trip Verified | I am a US citizen, who had to pay for a ticket when leaving Baghdad on a recent trip even though I had a valid one issued previously. Around December 13th, a friend of mine who has US bank rewards miles secured for me a return ticket Detroit to Amman to Baghdad. The return was scheduled for January 13, 2022 flight RJ 811 Baghdad to Amman and from Amman to Detroit. I flew to Baghdad without incident, but upon my arrival, discovered that my father was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. I knew I will not be able to return on January 13th. My friend in Detroit called the US visa bank reward program and told them I will not be able to return on January 13th. They told him they will cancel the return and asked him to call them again whenever I knew when I am returning. Around January 31st, 2022, I decided that I need to return to Detroit. My friend called the US visa reward program and they secured a new return ticket for me. The flights were confirmed with Seats 24C from Baghdad to Amman and Seat 31C for the flight from Amman to Detroit. My friend in Detroit paid some fee to secure this new ticket in lieu of the cancelled one. I called Royal Jordanian office in Baghdad to confirm and to see if I need to visit them. They said I do not need to do anything as the reference is enough. On the day of my return, February 7th 2022, I arrived at Baghdad airport, and was told by the Jordanian airline ticket counter that I need to have a ticket and that the records do not show any valid for me. I was kept for two hours at Baghdad airport at the Royal Jordanian ticket counter. I asked them to call the main office in Baghdad, but they said they could not. I had the documents from Detroit re-sent to me for me to show them that the print out showed confirmed status, but to no avail. I was told I need to return to my parents home in Baghdad and to arrange another flight. But, that was extremely difficult for me. I had already packed my luggage, and made the arrangement to travel, had my Covid test done and could not wait another week for the other flight. Finally, I paid $855 for a new ticket. The counter person said he could not take credit card but it had to be in cash. I was not given any receipt. To avoid further hassle, I paid the cash and ended up getting a new ticket which I used to fly to Detroit. I was not given a receipt and could not afford to argue as I needed to return to my home in Detroit. Royal Jordanian in the US refused to reimburse me. Those traveling overseas using Royal Jordanian should be very careful.
RouteBaghdad to Detoit via Amman
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"very rude towards guests"

Trip Verified | This review is for the 11:20 flight RJ111 from Amman to London Heathrow on 10 Feb 2022. The lady at the boarding gate for the economy line was very rude towards guests. She needs retraining on her on how to interact with customers politely.
RouteAmman to London
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"I've been waiting close to 24 hours now "

Trip Verified | My worst airline experience in over 30 years of flying regularly. There were no toll free international numbers to call to be found. Wait times calling to make a meal request were long and the calls kept dropping. I called later to change my flight dates. The flight number and time I was given ended up being different than the one they booked me for so I unintentionally missed my flight. Even though the confirmation of the change sent to me confirmed my claim I was disregarded and told I'd have to pay a no-show fee. I spent four hours in the airport trying to change my flight which they had me call the service center that again kept dropping calls with no call back after long waits. The airlines reported the flights I would normally be rebooked on were cancelled so I'd have to wait another 1-2 days to get out. Meanwhile saying they couldn't confirm a change and I'd have to call the next day which I did and the same process repeated itself. After 8+ hours invested in trying to get a flight I still do not know when I'm flying out. The airlines keeps telling me to call back, that they are waiting to find out how much no show fees are before they can confirm if I'm on a flight tonight. I've been waiting close to 24 hours now just to find out what the fees are so the flight can be confirmed. The flight is in a matter of hours and I still don't know the status. Each attendant has told me something different. I received an email confirming I'm on the flight tonight but the service center says I'm not and will not connect me with the department that sent the email. Bearing in mind, I showed up for the flight I understood I was scheduled for and had an email to prove it. I've spent a lot of money on international calls and still no resolution.
RouteChicago to Amman via Dubai

"The worst airline ever!

Trip Verified | The worst airline ever. It is sad to write this review about my country’s airline, but honestly I had 4 bad experiences with them, the last one was that they didn’t even provide me with solutions after cancelling the already planned trip and wanted me to pay more for rescheduling in different not convenient dates. The service in the cabin was good before 2020, after that everything is bad, even the main meal is bad. They charge a lot of money but they provide no service. I changed all my trips to Lufthansa and Austrian with a better prices and possibilities. Please think twice before booking with them!
RouteBerlin to Amman
Date FlownMarch 2021

"simply canceled the flight last minute"

(Jordan)

Trip Verified | They simply canceled the flight last minute and I have my own 1 year child we were left at airport for 10 hours. No customer support, no apology. Avoid in all cases, don't ever use this airline.
RouteRiyadh to Amman
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"nobody was there to help her with wheelchair"

Not Verified | My mother who is 73 years old who needed a wheel chair and we booked a wheel chair. Her flight was on 27th January 2022 and she was supposed to travel from Detroit to Jordan. When she reached Detroit airport, nobody was there to help her with wheelchair in both the destinations. She struggles with language as she is not able to talk in any other language. Being a 73 years old suffering alone is a rubbish service as she was not able to walk and breathing abnormally. What ls the point to book a ticket with wheelchair if nobody is there to help. I have never seen worse flight service than this.
RouteDetroit to Amman
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Overall it was a good experience"

Trip Verified | Flew from Heathrow to Doha via Amman on 18th December. Arrived at Heathrow 4 hours before the flight. Smooth Check-in process. They only checked PCR and didn’t care about the Qatar Entry Requirements. The aircraft was clean & the the seat was comfortable. They locked our TVs until take-off but not much of a problem. It was a 4 hour flight to Amman, which went smoothly and the food was good, not great. We had a 30 minute transit in Amman, Which was extremely bad. The staff were rude and extremely impolite. They had no regard that our gate was about to close. Our next flight to Doha onboard RJ’s A319. They had a great alternative to an onboard IFE, using your own device to play their IFE system. A 1 hr 55 min flight and we landed in Doha on time. Overall it was a good experience. Not as good as Qatar Airways but better than Turkish. I flew with them on the way back. Both flights were A319s so significantly worse experience. But still OK. The ticket price was quite high though.
AircraftBoeing 787-8 / A320
RouteLondon to Doha via Amman
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"last time we fly with Royal Jordanian"

Trip Verified | Today me and my Mother travelled onboard flight RJ 268 from Montreal to Amman as a transit point to Cairo. Upon our checking in at the airport, we were told by the counter check in agent that we require a PCR test. On their website it's written that transit passengers do not require it, as well Egypt as final destination doesn't require it. They stalled us at the airport and made us go get tested for a cost of 300 dollars. The manager was very rude to us and didn't bother to explain. This is last time we fly with Royal Jordanian.
RouteMontreal to Cairo via Amman
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"claimed that I did not show them the email"

Trip Verified | I have arranged my Round trip ticket with RJ to USA stopping over at Chicago and back to UAE. When I reached Chicago on the way back the ground staff in ORD wouldn't allow me on the flight blaming it on the PCR test and they asked questions about the email that I have received. The Lady on the counter (R.M) and her manager walked to the room behind the counter acting that they were trying to solve my problem, but it seemed like it’s a well-rehearsed drama. during that time, I called RJ call center in which the gentleman on the other side of the call told me that it’s a full flight and they will not be able to provide me an alternative flight until 27th of Dec. Soon after the manager and her employee walked out from the back room trying to apologies for the situation. I asked since its their mistake if they could offer a hotel at least and arrange a flight for the following day. They rejected and claimed that I did not show them the email of the PCR (in which I did) and it was my fault, and they are not able to provide me a flight for the following day.
RouteChicago to Abu Dhabi via Amman
Date FlownDecember 2021

"aircraft are dirty and uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | This airline does not provide any type of update for passengers on upcoming flights as other airlines do not even a reminder of your flight or the option to do online check in. The website is so bad and provides the very bare minimum in terms of flight information. The aircraft are dirty and uncomfortable, and there were lots of passengers that took their mask off during the entire flight without repercussion. The food was gas station quality at best and I was stuck with a broken screen during the second half of an almost 18 hour journey. The staff were nice, but they have little to work with.
RouteDubai to Chicago via Dubai