Royal Jordanian Airlines

"dirty seats, no multimedia"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | First time I travelled through this airline, aircraft are too small, dirty seats, no multimedia. And while returning from Istanbul they lost my luggage which I get after one day. The problem is their mismanagement at Jed airport, almost 30 passengers luggage was missed and there was no one at airport to log the complaints. We have to wait 3 hours to complete the process. And once luggage arrived at airport they didn’t even call me. I just roamed around at airport and luckily found my luggage.
RouteJeddah to Istanbul via Amman
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"will never fly with this airline again"

Trip Verified | The worst airline, customer service, and experience ever. it's shameful how bad their customer service is. No response to our emails or calls. I had to pay for a whole new ticket on another airline to return back to Chicago. We were not able to get our money back because they would never offer anyone a refund. We will never fly with this airline again!
RouteAmman to Chicago

"It’s the worst airline"

Trip Verified | It’s the worst airline. I bought a return ticket from Dubai to Larnaca via Amman. There was a 3 hour delay in Amman, the food was terrible, the staff was rude and not providing any clarification for the delay. In addition, tv was not working on the first half of the route, and their was no tv on the second half of the route. Upon return from my trip, another 2 hour delay in Amman. Moreover, upon arrival to Dubai, my luggage was lost that Was not found till current date. This is a terrible airline.
RouteDubai to Larnaca via Amman
Date FlownAugust 2022

"they rescheduled my flight"

Trip Verified | Detroit to Beirut via Amman. I've booked a ticket on Sep 4th from Detroit to Beirut through Amman and a stop layover of 4hr at Amman Airport. For no reason, they rescheduled my flight from Amman to Beirut and so the stop over is now 12 hrs instead of 4hrs. If I need to remodify the booking to have a shorter layover, they told me I need to pay an extra 250 USD for a fault that is not my own but because of this airline. And every time I complain that it is not my fault that the flight has change, the customer service would simply hung up on me unexpected. They hang up on me twice and I'm not flying through Royal Jordanian but though another airline. Thank you for losing a customer.
RouteDetroit to Beirut via Amman
Date FlownJuly 2022

"No one picks up the phone"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Amman to Dammam. Very bad. No one picks up the phone. I sent an email to customer service no one replied. I went to the Royal Jordanian agency in Khobar and the officer told me you are the fourth one this afternoon who didn’t receive his luggage and good luck if you’ll have it in 1 month. The airport officer sent them and email to find out wherever my luggage is and no one answered. I don’t recommend this people as they are unprofessional and not responsible at all. My worse experience ever that was the first and of course the last time I’ll use their service.
RouteAmman to Dammam
Date FlownJuly 2022

"One of my worst airline experiences"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Return trip from London to Kuwait turned into a complete farce. Connecting flight in Amman was cancelled and new flight was announced as 24 hours later ! About 2 hour wait at the airport followed by another 3-4 hour wait at the Amman Airport Hotel (a 2 star facility at best) in the middle of the night to get a room key for room arranged by airline. Complete chaos at the hotel with no airline representative present and the airline had also ‘forgotten’ to provide vouchers before shipping passengers from 3 different cancelled flights to the hotel. Airline also stamped a very restrictive transit visa on everyone’s passport which forbade leaving the hotel or getting a different hotel on own expense. I qualified for a tourist visa on arrival but was not informed. I would have gladly paid for my own accommodation in a different hotel but was informed that I couldn’t leave - I was literally in a jail! Room was a shambles with no towels, dirty floors, broken furniture. Other flights cancelled too with families with children in poor state with not even water offered to them. One of my worst airline experiences in 40 years of air travel and my first and last time on this airline. I’m an Emerald (highest tier) member on One World and booked on RJ as they’re a One World airline. Does One World have any basic standards of membership ? Seems not. My sincere advice to everyone is to avoid this airline. Flight cancellations do occur but airlines don’t abandon and disrespect their passengers like this airline did.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A321
RouteLondon to Kuwait via Amman
Date FlownJuly 2022

"beyond low cost airline"

Not Verified | Royal Jordanian Airlines canceled and rescheduled our flight 3 times within 3 consecutive days, and every time they cancel, we just receive an email without any apology. The way they treat people is beyond low cost airline.
RouteDubai to Amman
Date FlownJuly 2022

"no luggage shipped for us"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Not recommended, we are three persons flew from Istanbul to Amman with RJ with first class. When we arrived Amman there was no luggage shipped for us. On the return flight at the same class, no water or juice served.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteIstanbul to Amman
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Never seen a company so reckless, careless, useless and horrible"

Not Verified | The absolute worst customer service in history! My luggage has been lost for over 5 days! I'm in another country without medicine and clothes - I've called every number provided to me and still no help and no luggage. One person told me that they think my luggage is in Chicago and hung up. What am I to do? The line is supposed to be 24 hours and yet I can only get a useless person at a certain time, otherwise they "experience system problems and can not process the call". Never seen a company so reckless, careless, useless and horrible - full of lazy and unknowledgeable personnel!
RouteDetroit to Amman
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Nobody will respond or answer"

Not Verified | Amman to Cairo. I flew to Cairo on Royal Jordanian on 5/20/22 and never got one piece of luggage. The other piece arrived back in Charlotte on 6/17/22. I had to buy clothes in Cairo and have never gotten any response from the airline on how to file a claim for my missing luggage or obtain a statement for proof of loss and delay in getting bag. Nobody will respond or answer a phone.
RouteAmman to Cairo