Royal Jordanian Airlines

(New Zealand)

BKK-AMM AMM-IST. Good meals clean and modern interiors (A310 BKK-AMM was recently refurbished but it's 20 years old). Embraer 190 from AMM-IST was surprisingly spacious for a smaller aircraft and this was the first time in years that I've had full meal service (as opposed to a plastic-wrap sandwich) on a two hour flight. No lost bags or anything. And I saw nothing wrong with Amman airport.

(Cyprus)

Cyprus-Amman-Bangkok return. Usually use Emirates but RJ €600 cheaper so decided to try them. All flights were on time staff polite food quite good with a choice. Have now booked for 2010 and been able to reserve extra leg-room seats at no extra cost. I booked through their office in Nicosia and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Royal Jordanian Airlines customer review

I have travelled with RJ 8 times each time the standard of customer service has been awful. The staff appear to be untrained and struggle with basic procedures and are rude as a rule. Luggage has gone missing so many times now that when I have no other option but to fly with RJ I will only take a carry on bag. Just as a point of interest if they lose your bag which they seem to be very good at do not accept any offer they make regarding compensation (once the decide to answer your e mails phone calls letters etc) but hand the matter to a solicitor. I did and after 2 years I eventually received an out of court settlement which covered the loss together with a hefty legal bill that was paid by the airline!

Royal Jordanian Airlines customer review

Do Not Fly Royal Jordanian. They are rude and do not care about customer service. I was travelling to Bahrain with three young children. Missed our flight in Chicago because of connecting delay - RJ's response was that it was not their fault their offer was to send us on our way 2 nights later with another night in Amman (no guarantee of hotel vouchers). Three nights in an airport are not a viable option with three young children. Now our 8 pieces of luggage apparently did not miss our flight - five have appeared in Bahrain via RJ but they say it is not their fault. It took me 4 days 3 nights and two sets of tickets (4 people) to make it to Bahrain and it looks like three suitcases full of clothing.You get what you pay for. Buyer be aware.

Royal Jordanian Airlines customer review

I am a Jordanian living in the USA. I travelled on Royal Jordanian the past 30 years many times and these are some of the worst nightmares me and my family experienced with this airlines. Flew from LAX to JFK to find out that we had no reservation to Amman on Royal Jordanian except for our three year old child even though we all had confirmed reservation and tickets. Outcome had to pay $600.00 to go to Chicago next day and take Royal Jordanian to Amman and arrived there with no luggage. Royal Jordanian deliver3d the luggage a week later with half of its content missing RJ did not address this issue or return our calls to this date. Amman to JFK. in Amman mechanical trouble two hours later we were sent to Alia hotel two persons to the room (me and a stranger!). Three hours later at the hotel around midnight we were told to get ready to go to the airport only to wait six more hours there for the flight. When we arrived at JFK almost 12 hours delay we were sent to a motel again two strangers to each room! Amman To Chicago. I arrived at Amman to find out my seats have been changed and the female employee there told me if I argued with her about the seat she would have me arrested! I now give all my business to Delta so dont have Royal Jordanian nightmares any more.

Royal Jordanian Airlines customer review

London-Amman. I have to take issue with RJs safety procedures. On this flight an off duty crew member in uniform was sitting in an emergency exit seat when he took down a large case from the overhead locker and put it in front of him. When I remonstrated with a member of the crew she asked him to remove it and he asked who had complained and she told him so we had a short conversation about safety. This is the nth time this has happened. Also people seem to be allowed to get up and empty the overhead locker before the aircraft has hardly left the runway.