Porter Airlines

"dismissive and did not care"

Not Verified | Porter airlines is the worst and routinely cancels on customers due to lack of staff. They cancelled my flight 9 hours before it was set to go, the rebooked me for three days later. I understand flight cancellations happen but when they cancelled it, they went offline for 9 hours and I could not reach them. I was so frustrated at them. They finally responded after 9 hours to say I was rebooked three days later. But I only get so much vacation from work, I also have concrete plans and now would have to change them. They were dismissive and did not care.
RouteEdmonton to Orlando via Ottawa
Date FlownJuly 2024

“a total flop”

Not Verified | Unfortunately, Porter Airlines was a total flop. Both the outward and return flights were cancelled. The outbound flight was particularly annoying, as the departure time was postponed five times before the night flight ban made it impossible to take off on the same day. The next available flight was only offered to me 48 hours later. There was no help offered finding a hotel for the night and there was no question of covering the costs for it at all. The communication between the airline and the agency eDreams is also more than annoying, as they both pass the blame on to each other. The tickets could not be refunded either, as the business card I had booked with was no longer valid. It was impossible to use the new card (which is on the same account at the same bank). Insanely annoying! I will never book through an agency again and certainly not Porter.
RouteToronto to Sault Ste. Marie
Date FlownJune 2024

"$60+ for in-person baggage check-in"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever! I tried to check in online the day before, but when I reached the baggage check-in page, it wouldn't allow me to add a checked bag. So, I decided to check in my baggage at the airport in person. It turned out to be $60+ for in-person baggage check-in. I explained the online issue to the staff, but she simply said, 'I don't know what to say to you.' Additionally, the seats were super small and uncomfortable.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2024

"3 hour wait chat online"

Not Verified | Our flight to attend a once in a lifetime event was cancelled with NO reason given. Went to check in desk to be put on a standby list, but was told to then go back to the gate. The gate person laughed at me and said he refused work with us. I am done with Porter. I tried calling, 3 hour wait chat online - no better.
RouteNewark to Ottawa
Date FlownJuly 2024

"extremely disappointed"

Trip Verified |   Currently writing this review while stranded in Boston. This was our first experience using Porter airlines and I am extremely disappointed. My flight was supposed to be at 4:55pm and we found out an hour before takeoff while sitting at the gate that the flight was cancelled. A representative never came to the gate, everyone from the flight was standing around confused with no answers or support trying to call Porter with no luck. We were put on hold for about an hour and finally an agent answered and told us that our flight had been rebooked for 11:20am the following day. We requested information related to a hotel voucher and we were told to go to the check in desk to get a distress coupon for a hotel. Upon arrival at the check in desk we were offered a cot to sleep on in the airport and a $15 food voucher and were told that if we wanted to stay in a hotel that would come at a cost to us out of pocket. The manager told us they are not required to do anything to help us and basically we are stranded in Boston for 18.5 hours with $15 towards food. We felt completely cast aside. Now we are trying to find a hotel to stay in and get our flight home tomorrow.
RouteBoston to Toronto

"my seat got switched"

Trip Verified |   When I purchased my ticket, I also reserved seat 3B because I wanted an aisle seat and to have my bag with me at all times. On the day of the flight, I checked in online before going to the airport, and I checked in with seat 3B. When I got to the gate, the agent called my name just to verify my ID, but she didn't mention anything about anything else. I got on the airplane and find someone else at my seat. Their boarding pass also says 3B. I went to the flight attendant and found out my seat got switched at the gate to 1D without my permission. I got so annoyed because 1D is not an aisle seat, and since it is the first row, my bag had to be stowed away in the overhead bin. The flight attendant said since they had changed my seat at the gate, she couldn't do anything about it, which I understood, but what I don't understand is the way they ambushed passenger with the seat swap without telling them. I paid extra for the ability to select my seat. So what was the point of me paying that extra money then?
RouteOrlando to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2024

"Will see if I get refund"

Trip Verified |   Our flight was departing on 5:20 pm and arrival time was 7:59 but had delayed 7 times. My final destination was Toronto centre (YTZ) but they transfer me to some other craft and drop me at Pearson Airport (YYZ) and the time was 1:00 am. My suggestion is to fly with Air Canada. Will see if I get refund or not as refund policy is more than 3 hours delayed whereas, my flight was 5 hours delayed.
RouteOttawa to Toronto city
Date FlownJune 2024

“the very best domestic flight”

Not Verified | Far and away the very best domestic flight I have had in some time. The cabin was half full, so passengers received some extra attention. I flew in Premium Economy, and having some mobility issues, was able to board first, with space to myself. The configuration of the cabin means that there are only two seats side by side, no middle seat. The crew were very helpful and solicitous, and one young woman helped me down the ramp. Another met me in Ottawa and showed me where to find my connecting flight. A fine experience! Without doubt, my choice for flights in North America.
RouteToronto City Airport to Calgary via Ottawa
Date FlownMay 2024

"was going to purchase a meal"

Not Verified | I offered to purchase a beverage soda and was told I cannot. I was offered one small cup of Coke Zero, about 5 ozs. I offered to pay for more and was told no but if she has left over she’ll come back. I also was going to purchase a meal and they were out of everything but one variety. I am in 11C which is not in the back where they can run out of food.
RouteOttawa to Edmonton
Date FlownJune 2024

"Missed flight because unable to check-in"

Not Verified | Missed flight because unable to check-in. Not online (error message), not at self-serve kiosk (error message), and no agent on-hand despite being present over two hours prior to departure with ample time to check-in and clear security. Customer service did not assist and provided incorrect information which conflicts with Porter policy; would only offer to book a new flight at full, high cost. Provided incorrect terminal information on itinerary, no signage at SFO; flight pushed up early, then continually delayed - meaning this flight would have been made had Porter enabled functioning online and/or self-serve check-in, as well as on-site agent to assist - absolutely unbelievable that there is not a single agent available at the airport.
RouteSan Francisco to Toronto