Philippine Airlines

"I have since received no reply"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I purchased a business class ticket from Philippine Airlines website for Manila to Davao return. The return sector was downgraded as there were no business class seats in the aircraft configuration. Philippine Airlines offered me a Php 7000 voucher for use on Philippine Airlines domestic travel within 6 months. I refused this offer as I live in Thailand and rarely travel by Philippines Airlines. I wrote to Philippine Customer Services in early May and received a reply in late June, asking me if I had accepted the voucher. I replied stating that I had not, and asked that Philippine Airlines instead reimburse my credit card that I used for payment. I have since received no reply.
RouteDavao to Manila
Date FlownMay 2019

"bags arrived 24 hours from arrival"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Los Angeles via Manila. Everything is good for the airplane but for Bags delayed the customer services failed. First its their fault cannot make it during 1 hour transit at Manila which is this scheduled made by them. Then on that time they didn’t give us any basic kit set or give any compensation clothes to us. Just give us the promise our baggage they will bring around 2 pm next day. We need to wait for the bags. And then the bags arrived at 7.30 pm which is 24 hours from our arrival time at LAX. When i email them about compensation they ignored. Fine. They don’t want to take the responsibility for apologies so I’ll try claim insurance. Then I emailed for the information on the acknowledgment received bag for insurance claim purposed until now I didn’t get it. It’s really make us angry. Very bad customer services.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Los Angeles via Manila
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Average business class service"

Trip Verified | Average business class service. Cabin, food and service is average. Poor leg space for a lie flat service. Entertainment is poor. The worst ground service I have come across. You are required to clear security and clear your luggage during transit. This takes 2 hours and is absolute chaos. You have to push your way through to walk through a single security screen, only to wait for another line to clear your luggage. The ordeal lasts for 2 hours and is harrowing. The business class lounge in Manila is below average. The shower was broken. I received a casual and vague response that it has been reported 2 weeks ago. Food is limited and average. Would not waste business class dollars on this sub standard service.
RouteBrisbane to Manila

"service greatly improved"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Manila to Riyadh. Philippine Airlines are doing all their best to achieve 5-Star rating in the coming years and I think they are on the right track. First, service both on ground and on-board greatly improved. Second, with the acquisition of state-of-the-art planes for European and American flights. However, there are things I noticed that are on the decline like the meals for the Middle Eastern routes, the fruit is gone, replaced with non-healthy alternative - chocolates & some buns. They probably did this for convenience which I believe is not a good idea. Pilots are good, cabin attendants cheerful. Power outlet in every seat is a life saver especially when you watch movies via MyPal player.
AircraftA330-300
RouteManila to Riyadh

"an awesome experience"

Trip Verified | Manila to London Heathrow, my 1st time to fly with Philippine Airlines. The service and genuinely friendly cabin crew on Philippine Airlines, combined with state of the art, individual TV’s, with a host of films to watch, made the time shoot past me like a breeze. The only downside is the lack of a paid airport lounge at Terminal 2 at NAIA. I hope this is addressed in the future. There is a PAL business lounge, but for those not travelling business, there isn’t even a cafe you can sit down at to pass the time. Just a warning to those who like to arrive mega early to avail of the whole airport experience, don’t bother. Catch some extra sleep instead. In terms of the Philippine Airlines experience, I think at 4 star they are underrated. With the awesome cabin crew alone, not forgetting the geese in flight experience, new planes, excellent pilots and more besides, PAL are 5 star in my book. Thanks PAL for an awesome experience!
AircraftA350-900
RouteManila to London Heathrow
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"overall it was a great offering"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Manila. Check in at Riyadh Airport was a breeze as I was able to do it via Business Class counter due to my frequent flyer status. Baggage tagged "priority" and was among the first to be offloaded at MNL Airport. The flight was basic with the high density configuration on this A330-300 which means 3x3x3 seats abreast. Although cramped & full packed, the flight crew were outstanding on their job, with occasional smile & ready to assist attitude. I really hope that someday Philippine Airlines changes its plane on this route with a more comfortable long-range aircraft similar to the ones they use for their Europe & America flights. But overall it was a great offering from PAL.
AircraftA330-300
RouteRiyadh to Manila

"happy and cheerful FAs"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Manila. Checked-in as business class pax was excellent, ground staff demonstrated their effort to help in every way. I am supposed to bring the travel scooter of my husband to oversized luggage check-in area, a lady ground staff volunteered to do it for me so I can finish my check-in business in the counter.. We were ushered to the departure process smoothly then to the lounge, and finally to the gate for boarding done smoothly without any delay.. Inside the cabin is clean and smelling fresh, happy and cheerful FAs, Inflight entertainment with selection of movies, tv etc. But to me the most wonderful feature of this Airbus Neo 321 is the flat bed with its super nice comforter and pillow. And the meals from its taste and presentation is a dining experience to cherish. Take off was bit early, arrival, luggage retrieval was orderly. So my hubby said all good things, comfort and attention command a price. All worth it. But I have a suggestion, there should be a provision of standby pillow when and where it is needed..The FA went to the economy cabin to get one. My hubby has bit of discomfort issues having one pillow, sorry for bringing this out. Kudos to Philippine Airlines, who have gone far to its level now and striving more for 5 star rating.
AircraftA321NEO
RouteBrisbane to Manila
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Excellent service and great food"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Cebu. Excellent service and great food selection in a business class in such a short flight. Check-in was fast and convenient, except that my other luggage was off-loaded last at the destination, instead of the two checked-in luggage to be on “priority”.
AircraftA321-200
RouteManila to Cebu

16th September 2019 : Philippine Airlines response

Hi, Doug! Thank you for your kind words. We're glad to hear that you've enjoyed your flight despite having your luggage off-loaded. Please let us apologize as well for the inconvenience that this has caused. We'll have your reported experience forwarded to the concerned offices for their service enhancement. We hope to see you again soon!

"refusing to refund me"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | In February 2019, I bought a combined business/economy class return ticket from Manila to Delhi for Christmas 2019. For extra legroom on the economy flight on the outward leg, I paid an extra 60 USD. The ticket cost me a total of 808 USD, comprising 748 USD for the flights and 60 USD for the extra legroom seats. However, within the space of just a few weeks, PAL sent me an email to state that my flights had inexplicably been cancelled and I should contact them by phone for a full refund. No further explanation was offered. It took a long time to reach one of their customer service agents by phone, and when I did so, they were far from helpful. After an initial complaint, a customer service agent wrote to me on April 1, 2019, stating that she would be personally helping me with my claim. I have since written to her on 9 separate occasions, but have never heard from her again. Eventually, after over 2 months of unanswered correspondence, PAL finally refunded the 748 USD I paid for the flights. To this day, PAL are refusing to refund me for the 60 USD they charged mefor a seat on a flight which they cancelled.
RouteManila to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2018

16th September 2019 : Philippine Airlines response

Hi, S Lane. Oh no! We're truly sorry to hear about this. This is certainly not the experience we want you to have with us. On your seat change, please do note that this may be due to an aircraft change. However, we assure you that we wouldn't change your flight unless it was deemed necessary to do so. Regarding your refund request, may we kindly request that you send us a private message through Facebook (www.facebook.com/PhilippineAirlines) so we can have this followed-up from your handling officer? Thank you and our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Philippine Airlines customer review

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Incheon via Manila. Service is quite okay but the plane used was in bad condition. The seats are very narrow, back rest was hard. Seat did not recline, was dirty and it seems they did not clean it before the flight. Too bad they used the old A330 which makes you feel like flying a budget airline.
RouteIncheon via Manila
Date FlownAugust 2019

16th September 2019 : Philippine Airlines response

Hi, R Valerio! We're truly sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the condition of the aircraft that was utilized on your flight with us. We'll have your feedback forwarded to the concerned offices for their attention and service enhancement. Despite this, we hope that you'll give us another chance to delight you in your future travels.