Philippine Airlines

"flight was very pleasant"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Manila to Riyadh. Seated at 22D which used to be Premium Economy. Return flight to Riyadh was very pleasant. Flight was not full specially in my section where we were about 4 passengers only. So all of us used the 3 seats since it was a 3-3-3 configuration to lay flat on our backs. Upon take-off lunch was served and all the snacks after that were given ahead since we were only four passengers, and a cabin crew made the rounds asking if we want to drink specially if you are watching IFE. The flight was quite bumpy since we have to pass through some monsoon clouds in our flight path. Overall, again the flight experience was okay. We arrived at our destination an hour ahead of schedule. I advise that you bring a jacket or sweater on this flight since the cabin I was in was quite cold.
AircraftA330-300
RouteManila to Riyadh
Date FlownJune 2019

"I love travelling by Philippine Airlines"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Manila. In this area of the plane (used to be Premium Economy) you have to pay additional price for the seat. Flight was full as always due to the upcoming 4 days holiday in Saudi Arabia. Flight was smooth, Cabin Crew were always on their toes and moving around specially in my area. Configuration was 3-3-3. It was good that the pilot reminded the passengers to use the lavatory within their section, and thus the lavatory in this area was only used by passengers in my section. In flight entertainment was okay by using My Pal Player, and make sure you have the 3 pin charger to have your tablet or phone charged while watching the IFE. There is port under the seat right side (on my seat). Overall, I love travelling by Philippine Airlines. We arrived on time, although departed Riyadh a little bit late since the plane prior to our flight (Kuwait Airways) that is using our gate as well was delayed so we were brought to our plane by bus.
AircraftA330-300
RouteRiyadh to Manila
Date FlownJune 2019

"cabin staff were outstanding"

Trip Verified | The non-stop flight from New York to Manila was smooth, the cabin staff were outstanding and the food was so-so. My problem started when I was waiting for my checked baggage in the carousel and saw that my duffel bag was slashed exposing the box inside and some of the contents in it. I went to the complain counter and staff wrote down the information. He asked for my email address, made me sign the paper and gave a photo copy of it with the phone number of PAL's claim dept. I called the phone numbers he gave me but no answer.
RouteNew York to Manila
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"unjust and uncaring"

Trip Verified | Poor custom resolution and horrific in-flight service. Unsanitary seats, exposed to biohazards. Philippines Airlines does not compare to ANA or Korean Air. Ratings say it all on Skytrax. The passenger in front of me vomited all over the seats in front of me. The vomit leaked through the seats and piled up on my carry-on bag tucked under the seat in front of me. A putrid, sour odour overtook our seating area. Unknowingly, I reached for my carry-on to grab some snacks and found a coat of liquid all over my hands, which transferred over to my lap easily. After smelling it, I was well aware it was vomit. With another 10 hours left in flight, I knew this had to be cleaned up or my nausea would've caused another vomiting incident. The flight attendants did not offer to clear the area and clean it. Proper airlines would have had the required cleaning agents and sanitized and deodorized the area as it is a biohazard that exposes fellow passengers to health risks. Empathy would have been appreciated knowing I had 10 hours left to fly in such an awful predicament! Moreover, I had to ask the flight attendant for wet towels and bags four times, stressing each time how much vomit I was dealing with, only to receive a few each and every time. Half of my carry on holding my snacks and documents were tossed out due to having traces of vomit on it. I also had to sit with my legs up on my seat for 10 hours since I could not extend my legs under my seat due to the vomit. I wreaked of vomit as well. When I contacted their customer resolution detailing my horrific flight and asking for a refund, it took them months to get a final response - a lot of "I hope you can be assured we are looking into this matter." Finally I received no resolution in their final email with a refusal to compensate me in any way. Not even a voucher! I am not one known to be a complaining consumer, but the way this was handled in-flight and from a custom resolution perspective is unjust and uncaring. Try Cathay Pacific or Japan Airlines. This is no professional or compassionate airline.
RoutePhilippines to Toronto
Date FlownApril 2019

"commend the staff on board"

Trip Verified | Manila to Cebu. I like to commend the staff on board, the were very prompt and helpful in every way. The seat was not so special, the same as other airlines, in legroom, pitch, etc. What I love of Philippine Airlines is the feeling of being welcomed aboard. I have that they will improve more on the inflight entertainment.
AircraftA321-231
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"flight got delayed"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Hong Kong via Manila. Very bad customer service, the flight got delayed in Dubai 1 hour and in Manila 5 hours, going back delayed for 2 hours. Very tight seats and air conditioning very poor .
RouteDubai to Hong Kong via Manila
Date FlownMay 2019

"cabin was clean and comfortable"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Manila with Philippine Airlines. I loved the inflight service, the cabin crews were very helpful. With the price for the business class, worth it. The cabin was clean and comfortable.
AircraftA330-343
RouteDubai to Manila
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"So much inconvenience"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Cebu to Manila. Last flight at 11:45pm was delayed until 2AM. And yet the airline did not even send us a message of this delay. So much inconvenience including those who was supposed to fetch me in Manila. Worst, when I asked for coffee while waiting, they said that the delay must be 3hrs before they can give coffee. Lack of consideration. That kind of policy should not be observed during wee hours!
AircraftA321-200
RouteCebu to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2019

"legroom is a bit tight"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Xiamen to Manila. Boarding was fast with the check-in crew able to assist us well. The plane was clean but I feel the legroom is a bit tight in economy. The plane has no personal screens but the aircraft is equipped with mobile IFE with a variety of movies to choose from and has a playlist that is outdated. The aircraft has WiFI and passengers get free 100mb for the flight - the connection was fast. A hot meal was served considering its only a 2-hour flight! Bathrooms are well maintained. I find some FA lacking some enthusiasm when serving, maybe because its an afternoon flight with evening arrival.
RouteXiamen to Manila

Philippine Airlines customer review

Not Verified | Bangkok to London to via Manila. Terminal 2 international is an absolute dump. Philippine Airlines is one of the most improved airlines apparently, however, their terminal had a lot to be desired. Facilities are totally dated and inadequate for the number of passengers. There are not enough food outlets or toilets and it just saps the energy out of you trying to negotiate the place. It's a very small zoo, to be honest! The saving grace is the terminal transfer bus and free wifi. Prices are quadruple what you'd pay outside. The aircraft I flew on (A321NEO) is very nice, comfortable, spacious with screen back TVs. The flight crew were professional, average and I thought they'd be super friendly and show visibly to passengers that enjoy what they do, the Filipino way. Everything just seemed kind of robotic and lacking a bit of heart and humanity. The food on PAL is disgusting. It seriously needs some attention to detail and flavour. All meals were horrible and honestly, it was the worst food I've ever had on an airline. I'm not sure I'll fly with them again as competitors fly from Terminal 3 which is a lot better (excellent food court) in my opinion.
RouteBangkok to London via Manila