Philippine Airlines

"Cabin crew generally unhappy"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Singapore via Manila. Rather pay more to fly with another airline. Bad transit service (staff gave wrong directions) and given that transits are high stress, they were unhelpful and using their phones to message other people while serving us. Could see our bags moving on the carousel (meaning another could just take your bags while you are transiting). Cabin crew were generally unhappy, maybe they needed a pay raise.
RouteVancouver to Singapore via Manila

"Not worth flying with"

Trip Verified | Dumaguete to Manila with Philippine Airlines. Not worth flying with. You would hope that the size, status and history of being the national carrier would mean that it would be a different experience than flying any of the cheapest, unreliable, inflexible, poor service and communication airlines. Not so. Our experience is that this airline is every bit as unreliable, inflexible, poor service and communication as any of the cheapest airlines. You may as well fly with them if you are going to have to deal with the same flight delays, missed connections and expectation for you to have to pay for their mistakes.
RouteDumaguete to Manila

"Very bad services"

Not Verified | Manila to Singapore with Philippine Airlines. Departed from Manila after waiting for 2hrs due to a lane delay. Reached Singapore at 9pm and kept the whole team of passengers on the plane for more than 30 min. There was no announcement from the cabin on the status. The crew were helpless on this. Very bad services. Can the airline review on this matter?
RouteManila to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"all in all a great flight"

Trip Verified | London to Manila. Having watched all the videos surrounding the introduction of the A350 on the route London to Manila with PAL, I thought I would give them a try for my latest trip to the Philippines. Cost wise this carrier is still more expensive than others serving the two cities, however PAL does operate a direct flight. I used their “Upgrade” system and bid on a business class outward upgrade, the day before I flew I was notified that this had been excepted. So, suitcase in hand with a generous 40 kg allowance I arrived at a line of packed check in counters, feeling special walking straight up on the red carpet to be greeted by name the assistant. Check-in was smooth, I noticed that many desks were open to deal with a full flight quickly and efficiently. Being a business passenger, I was invited to the Aspire Lounge which caters for many carriers. The variety of foods available was poor, Quiche, two rice dishes, pasta in a tomato sauce & soup of the day. No white bread or rolls, just brown rolls, a few items of salad sides, jam and crackers and cheese. As a PAL passenger I was entitled to a small bowl of Chicken Arroz Caldo. The choice of drinks available was what I would have expected. My seat number was 2A, a front seat on the left hand of the aircraft. I was taken back by the comfort of this new seat, so well made with everything I would need to use throughout the flight close at hand. Champagne in hand and introductions to Lisa who would be looking after me throughout this 13-hour epic. The IFE system had plenty of choice and the headphones were of good quality, for me personally I would of like more UK tv programmes than the usual mix of American so-called comedies. The system was easy to navigate. I feel that with a few improvements on the menu regarding choice and quality would help this airline gain a 5-star rating, don’t get me wrong the taste was good, the portion size could have been more, but I can see these meals being smaller in size being served in economy. Inflight snacks are available, from the usual pot style noodle to a ham burger! My glass was never empty my host Lisa was ever present with the bubbly. Sleep quality was second to none, laying in my flat bed with a huggable pillow was bliss, my 40 winks had me arriving refreshed and rearing to go. The flight attendants or hosts as I would like to call them, truly are the best & do deliver the “From the Heart” experience Flying PAL into Manila is a god send the airline uses terminal 2, basically a terminal for PAL only, immigration was breeze, no waiting in line, airport temperature good, baggage arrived quickly. So all in all a great flight.
RouteLondon to Manila

"refused to let me in"

Trip Verified | Manila to Iloilo. The service for check-in in Manila is horrible. My domestic flight was scheduled at 4.25am and I arrived at 3.50am. It said in PAL schedule board that my flight was in final boarding but the check in lady refused to let me in. I was told that I forfeited my flight.
RouteManila to Iloilo
Date FlownJune 2019

"hope I can fly with PAL again"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Manila. I checked in around 8 in the evening for my 10:30 pm flight. I like how fast the boarding went through. The flight attendants are really welcoming and helpful with passengers who needs assistance with their bags. 40mins in to the flight the crew began distributing hot towels and the meal service started. The meal service took an hour to finish, I got pasta with chicken which is kinda dull. After almost 5hrs, I woke up seeing a ham sandwich and cookies on my tray-table, and I got upset because they had to turn on the cabin lights. Almost 2hrs near Manila, the crew gave us hot towels again, and the breakfast service started. I got chicken tocino with rice, and I was surprised that it’s really good. I hope I can fly with PAL again going to the US!
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Manila

"a pleasant experience"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | My flight from Toronto to Manila on 17th June 2019 was a pleasant experience considering it was a 16-hour direct flight. The A350-900 was new and clean. My seat in the Economy class had a spacious leg room and the Inflight Entertainment system was good. The 3 meals that were served during the flight were warm and drinks were given generously. We left Toronto-Pearson airport on-time and landed in Manila as scheduled. The cabin crew was friendly. Overall, I enjoyed flying with Philippine Airlines. I will definitely recommend this airline.
AircraftA350-900

"I enjoyed the flight"

Trip Verified | Manila to San Francisco. Everything is chaotic in NAIA 2, but the ground staff in check in counters are really nice, which is a really nice. My flight to SFO, got so delayed for almost half an hour, we took off almost midnight, so after we took-off the crews began to give out hot towels and amenity kit, which are really rare these days, you’ll never see those on 5-star airlines. So the meal service began, and I got a chicken inasal which is kinda plain. After 5hrs crew started to began distributing snacks since it’s around 4am Manila time and the sandwich is really good, I must say. The good thing is that they don’t have to turn on the cabin lights during snacks service because most of the passengers are resting, or they’re asleep and The crew gives you snack even though you’re not awake, they’re just putting it in your tray-table. Entertainment really outdated and needs to be refurbished. And the wifi on my flight is not even working. The cabin is so amazing and it’s cabin temperature is just perfect. The lavatories are well-maintained by the crew. So 2hrs before arrival, the crew started to give out hot towels again so we can prepare for arrival, and the breakfast meal service commenced, they have a western and filipino option. I must say I don’t really liked their dinner and breakfast meal service that much because it’s kinda tasteless. Overall I enjoyed the flight, but the aircraft really needs to be refurbished since it’s getting outdated.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteManila to San Francisco
Date FlownApril 2019

"his luggage never made it"

Trip Verified | My brother flew from Toronto to Manila on June 10 and his luggage never made it. Spoke to PAL in Philippines and they were trying to blame him. Saying he checked in late. This isn't our first time going to Philippines. We know to be at the airport 3 hrs before our flight. We actually finished checking in by 830 PM when the flight wasn't leaving until 1130. So after more than 16 hrs of flight and 12 hrs of no word, PAL says it was left in Toronto. Why make my brother wait over an hour waiting for luggage that never showed? Why did it take another 12hrs for someone to know it was left in Toronto?

"The best-kept secret"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Manila Business Class. The best-kept secret! Flew round trip from Canada to Manila and onwards. The new A350, service and seating were outstanding. Food was good, staff pampered us, the entertainment system was the best we experienced. Full recliner seats. Large screens, great noise cancelling headphones. Also the best kicker free wifi. They provide approx 200MB per person, more than enough to text for work or personal, & surf. No lag, it was instant! Thank you, PAL!