Philippine Airlines

"splendid travel experience"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to London. I just want to take some time to give this splendid travel experience a great review. It was my first time to ride Philippine Airlines because I needed a direct flight going to London. Due to the unfortunate reason of Corona Virus. Check in counter staff was very nice to give me the seat along the middle row. Instructions were given clearly as well. They are not very strict with in terms of baggage allowance and they will assist you to solve luggage problems. I am happy how the crew provided services and very attentive to the passengers needs. They have hot towels, personal hygiene kit, very good touch screen telly, and nice movies as well. I was able to sleep properly and the lights are very beautiful. They have the most delicious food inside the aircraft. I have commend all the Filipino Crew who were true to their job. Id also like to thank Jan for being very sensitive to others need and for making my PAL experience memorable. Thanks Philippine Airlines. Im looking forward to flying with you again and again.
RouteManila to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"there was no place to smoke"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Bali via Manila. When landing in Manila the plane aborted the first attempt to land and had to circle around for 10 minutes. Manila Airport had the slowest transfer I have experienced, one security for multiple flights. We had a 2,5 hour transfer time and came to the gate Just when they opened for boarding. And there was no place to smoke. On the flight Manila to Bali there was no inflight entertainment.
RouteTokyo to Bali via Manila
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Inflight crew were kind and accommodating"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Iloilo to Manila with Philippine Airlines. Check-in was fast and the aircraft arrived on time. Seat is comfortable with enough leg room. IFE is not working on our flight though they used to work on the previous flight I’ve flown - understandable for a short flight. We were offered two choices of sandwiches - chicken sausage and bbq. Due to shortages, I got the latter which was actually good. Water, two choices of juice, three kinds of soda, tea and coffee was offered as well. Inflight crew were kind and accommodating. Arrived earlier than scheduled and we were parked at the bay for a couple of minutes die to shuttle buses were not there yet. Baggage claim went smoothly.
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"this airline has improved"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Tokyo Narita. This time and also for the flight going back, it was enjoyable and efficient for the flight. The space is very decent and the crew is easy to talk to, polite and professional. My only complaints on the flight itself are food and entertainment. The mains and desserts are tasty but I didn't finish the meal on both flights. Inflight console is just ok. Good amount of movies but I would've appreciated more airline content or maybe about the place I'm traveling to etc. On ground, I o find the queuing quite slow. I think it has more to do with them bunching up the opening on counters close to their other flights. Overall, a great option for the right prices and times when convenient to you! Although I would have another first choice, this airline has improved from my past experiences.
RouteManila to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"The seat is very small"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Manila to Dammam in July 2019. The seat is very small and narrow, there is no foot rest. My food was disappointing they were serving in the economy. I could not sleep at all as it wasn't comfortable, and the airplane was fully booked.
RouteManila to Dammam
Date FlownJuly 2019

"experience is amazing"

Trip Verified | Manila to Toronto. It’s my first time to be upgraded to Business Class and my experience is amazing. I have nothing to say about the service of the cabin crews, it was exceptional! Lastly, Thank You for the buong-pusong alaga and to the pilot for a safe flight as always. Will fly with you again someday.
AircraftA350-900
RouteManila to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2019

"cancelled due to a volcanic eruption"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Osaka via Manila. My flight was cancelled due to a volcanic eruption in the Philippines. I only found out at the airport, even though the eruption had occurred and the flights had been cancelled a day ago - I didn't hear about it on the news because I was travelling. Philippine Airlines told customers that we could call a number the next day to either arrange a refund or to try to book a later flight. He couldn't tell us whether or not upcoming flights were full or not. He didn't apologise and didn't offer alternative flights or even accommodation, even though it was late in the evening. As for why we weren't contacted, he said that it wasn't his job.
RouteAuckland to Osaka via Manila

"typical Filipino breakfast"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Legazpi to Manila on a raining Saturday morning flight. First of all, the flight left on-time with around 98% load factor. Distributed umbrella to every passenger boarding into the plane. Food in Business Class for a 45-minute flight was very acceptable. It was a typical Filipino breakfast with a good quantity and was tasty. Ground service was a bit chaotic but understandable due to a small airport terminal and huge number of passengers going back to Manila after spending holidays in the province. A "goodbye wave" by the ground staffs are always a beautiful gesture.
RouteLegazpi to Manila
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"they said I was too late"

Trip Verified | Cebu to Clark. I arrived at check line 45 minutes before flight but was refused a seat because they said I was too late. Did not help get me on the flight or refund my money.
RouteCebu to Clark
Date FlownDecember 2019

"baggage exceeded the allowable limit"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Manila to Cebu. My flight was 3:30 AM and all the counters has a long queue since all flights were assigned with the same counter. I admit that its my fault since our baggage exceeded the allowable limit. But we’ve done it on time and we just wait for our turn to check-in. Later on I’ve heard a lady shouting last check-in for Cebu so we immediately transfer to another queue that is shorter. 2:52 am was the time that we check-in our bag and the crew told us they cannot longer accept check-in flight bound to Cebu since their last call is 2:45 am. I was hoping that they’ll consider it since the flight was 3:30 am and they saw us in the line waiting for our turn. And since we weren't allowed to check in, we have to book a flight worth 9.9k each and we have to pay another bill for “convenience fee”. I always trusted PAL and book every flight back and forth with PAL.
RouteManila to Cebu