Philippine Airlines

"baggage exceeded the allowable limit"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Manila to Cebu. My flight was 3:30 AM and all the counters has a long queue since all flights were assigned with the same counter. I admit that its my fault since our baggage exceeded the allowable limit. But we’ve done it on time and we just wait for our turn to check-in. Later on I’ve heard a lady shouting last check-in for Cebu so we immediately transfer to another queue that is shorter. 2:52 am was the time that we check-in our bag and the crew told us they cannot longer accept check-in flight bound to Cebu since their last call is 2:45 am. I was hoping that they’ll consider it since the flight was 3:30 am and they saw us in the line waiting for our turn. And since we weren't allowed to check in, we have to book a flight worth 9.9k each and we have to pay another bill for “convenience fee”. I always trusted PAL and book every flight back and forth with PAL.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownDecember 2019

"courteous and efficient services"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Manila. Very organized, hospitable, courteous and efficient services. The toilet is clean. The staff provide very prompt services and thinks of your comfort. Food is good and of international appeal.
RouteVancouver to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2019

"!one of my luggage was broken"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Manila, I noticed that one of my luggage was broken. At the counter, the representative took some photos and gave me the report, ensuring me that I would have received an email within 5 days. As of today, no email is yet received. Upon departure back to Dubai, yesterday morning with flight PR659, I passed once again by the Philippine Airlines office in Manila Airport to follow up. The representative told me that I would have received an email within 12 hours. On our return flight, the aircraft and seats were different. No screens and claustrophobic seats. I asked the supervisor if I could purchase the seats with extra space for legs and she told me that I should have done that on the ground because the flight was not equipped with credit card machine. How could I have known that the aircraft was different?
RouteDubai to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2019

"excellent service with a smile"

Trip Verified | Manila to San Francisco. Cabin crew were attentive, professional. Food was great with a beautiful plating. Drinks and snacks were offered multiple times, slept like a baby in this long haul flight. Kudos to the Pilots, our landing was smooth on a windy, wet day in San Francisco. My husband and I are grateful for the kind attention and excellent service with a smile. Thank you Philippine Airlines for bringing us all home safe and sound.
RouteManila to San Francisco

Philippine Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Dumaguete to Manila. The flight got delayed in Manila for 1 hour, without details after the delay happened. . Very tight seats and my air conditioning was very poor. A small bag of cookies and water available.
RouteDumaguete to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2019

"after sales service seems to be non-existent"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Manila to Melbourne. Great service on-board. Staff were professional and accommodating. Just mainly commenting on after sales service which seems to be non-existent. Phone lines are a pain to deal with as it takes almost an hour to get through and service agents dont seem to bother to answer more inquisitive answers. Won't even get started on their facebook chat. Social media person is just horrible to deal with.
RouteManila to Melbourne
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"didn't bother to check on me"

Trip Verified | Honolulu to Manila. They ran out of the menu of my choice (told him no problem) and just requested for a can of soda but he said he will just refill my cup as if they're running out of soda. And to add to my dismay he didn't bother to check on me when he came back and ignored me As a frequent PAL flier I usually had an awesome experience rendered by the cabin crew.
RouteHonolulu to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2019

"love flying Philippine Airlines"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Manila. I love flying with Philippine Airlines, I feel safe. I’ve tried traveling with other airlines and Philippine Airlines has a lot to boot when it comes to overall air travel experience in terms of safety, in-flight entertainment and service.
RouteBangkok to Manila
Date FlownOctober 2019

"cannot change my seat online"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Manila. I cannot change my seat online as the seat map is not available all the time. It would have been better for all parties if rebooking, etc can be done online so their phone system is not overwhlemed. It was hard for my partner to book using miles because it could not be done online. We had to call their 1-800 number and it took forever for someone to answer. Their customer service is not competitive as other airlines I have flown with. The flight was okay but my seat was quite uncomfortable and my food was not good. The service was standard.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Manila
Date FlownJuly 2019

"the flight was okay"

Trip Verified | After traveling with Philippine Airlines for many years I find that Flight crews (FA's and Pursers) vary greatly. This crew was okay. What I didn't understand, nor did I like was the meal schedule for this flight. They decided to provide the second meal about two hours after the first meal. I asked about this on the flight and was told that "extreme turbulence" is expected two hours from Manila. Other than that the flight was okay.
AircraftA330-333