Philippine Airlines

"lack of customer care"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Manila. Philippine Airlines Facebook account was very helpful and quick to respond to my incident complaint. However, they are slow/unresponsive to getting back on the feedback of the incident. I filed the complaint towards the end of June and have yet to hear back from the corresponding offices in Manila. I am upset at the lack of customer care.
RouteBrisbane to Manila
Date FlownJune 2019

"it was a good flight"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Legazpi to Riyadh Via Manila. Check-in at Legazpi airport is always a breeze compare to Manila. Both flights left on-time and arrived ahead of schedule, especially the MNL-RUH flight where we arrived one hour ahead of schedule. Food was plentiful though I was only left with chicken option since I was seating at the back. This didn't bother me though since I prefer chicken over beef. Crew were cheerful and smiling. All in all it was a good flight.
AircraftA321 / A330
RouteLegazpi to Riyadh via Manila
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Transfer spoiled the trip"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Vancouver via Manila. Transfer between terminal spoiled the trip 1. When stopover at Manila airport for the connecting flight. Airport staff took away the passport and boarding pass, and we had to stay in the waiting area to wait for them to call our name to board the bus to another terminal. On the way to Vancouver, I waited about 30 min and back to Singapore, waited for more than an hour. All the time the passport and boarding keep by airport staff. Till enough passengers, then call name one by one and follow the staff to go to take the transfer bus to other terminal. By then we get back our passport and boarding pass. According to the staff, it’s the procedure that everyone has to follow. It’s make the transit time more than an hour especially as I’m the first to reach the transit counter 2. Although the service is ok as per normal, but the stewardess accidentally hit my cup and the water pour on me, not once but twice. She is very nice and keeps on apologizing, I'm not blaming her, but Wearing my wet thick jeans throughout the whole journey is very uncomfortable. Suggest airline to provide spare clothes for loan. 3. After changed seat due to the seat is wet, the remote control is not working for the new seat, the top light can’t go on. Although they offer to change seat again, I gave up. Suggest airline should check the system before boarding 4. The app is not working for a flight booked before March 19, makes it difficult to manage booking that I booked last November. Hotline difficult to get through too. If I have chance to take PAL again, hope to have a better experience
RouteSingapore to Vancouver via Manila
Date FlownAugust 2019

"a secondary security check"

Trip Verified | Manila to New York. Terrible customer service. After going through airport security check twice before boarding the plane they brought out a secondary security check. If you bought any liquids get ready to throw them out. I understand liquids are not allowed but once you go through security and buy something from the airport market you should be allowed to drink it.The employees at the desk said it’s policy.
RouteManila to New York
Date FlownAugust 2019

"definitely fly with PAL again"

Not Verified | London to Manila. I really enjoyed the flight. Very good improvement from when I flew with PAL in 2016 with their A340 which wasn’t as good as the A350. Flight attendants were kind and caring, seat was very comfortable and the food was quite good. IFE had a good selection of movies, but there needs to be more choices of music such as the latest songs or charts, and WiFi also wasn’t working. Overall, very good service, and I will definitely fly with PAL again.
RouteLondon to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Our luggage was not loaded"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Manila to Toronto. The plane was fully boarded by the time for take off (16:55 local time). However, the plane sat at the gate for about an hour. Twice the pilot made an announcement that the delay was because of cargo being loaded. After an hour the plane finally took off. Upon landing in Toronto (YYZ) a flight attendant read off the names of about 15-20 people and advised them to "see an agent". As my name was called, I asked a flight attendant about this when I disembarked. She didn't give me any more information and just said to see an agent. I waited at the baggage carousel to get my luggage for a while and then I heard the same announcement of people's names. They asked us to go to the baggage desk. There were forms already filled out with all of our names and baggage info. Our luggage was not loaded at Manila and would be delayed. The reason was that the weight of cargo was exceeded. Philippines Air staff have been completely unhelpful in resolving my issue. It has been almost 2 days and I still have no news about my luggage.
RouteManila to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2019

"We had extra baggage of 30kg"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Siargao to Cebu. We had extra baggage of 30kg. We tried to make arrangements online and that function did not work for me. When we got to the airport they charged us 6000 pesos for 30kg of extra luggage and said we had to pre-book it. When we came to Siargao we paid 1000 pesos for 20kgs so we did not expect this amount. To put it in perspective - my ticket price was around 2400 pesos. I could have bought another 2 seats for cheaper!
RouteSiargao to Cebu
Date FlownAugust 2019

"flights themselves were great"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Toronto via Manila. Outbound we flew BKK to Toronto, we booked a 24 hour layover in MNL and this was a god send, our luggage went straight through. The airport in MNL is a disaster. On the return from SFO to BKK we had 5 hours. The transfer deak is chaos, they took our passports for an hour then shouted our names and escorted us through 3 screening checks, onto a bus and to a different terminal. It would have been WAY easier to leave the airport via immigration and jump in a cab to the other terminal. For a long transfer there is nothing to do at terminal 2. The flights themselves were great, zero issues, friendly staff, new planes. One of our bags didn't turn up on the return but have been advised it will be delivered this evening. PAL are a good airline with fair prices, only issue is the airport and consequently the transfers.
RouteBangkok to Toronto via Manila
Date FlownJuly 2019

"overall the flight was pretty good"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | New York to Manila. Due to aircraft operational issues in Manila, this flight was rescheduled to depart and arrive two hours later than originally scheduled. We were informed of this one full week in advance. Upon arrival at check-in, I was given two surprises. One was that my pre-selected aisle seat had suddenly been changed to a middle seat. The other was that I was given a $20 meal voucher. I'm still not entirely sure whether the meal voucher was given because of the changed seat assignment or because of the later departure. At any rate, the flight departed exactly on time and arrived about 40 minutes early to Manila. This was perfect, as it meant I basically cleared customs and immigration in Manila at the scheduled arrival time. The flight safety video was restarted midway through, but from that point onward, there were no issues with the inflight entertainment seatback monitors for the remainder of the flight. Still no games available and still no subtitles for films, though (except for those which automatically came with subtitles in their original version, as was the case with some of the Filipino films). The food was fine, although it was less interesting than on my earlier flight from Manila to New York. I was also a bit disappointed that there appeared to be no peanut butter in the sauce for my caldereta. Rolls were served by placing them onto our entree boxes during meals--except that during breakfast, they seem not to have served rolls to any of us in my section. (They served rolls to people a few rows ahead of us and then just stopped.) As always, the flight attendants were pleasant and usually attentive. I got thirsty at one point during this flight as well, and yet again, when I pressed the call button, a flight attendant appeared already with a cup of water. She also agreed to getting me a cup of orange juice. The amenity kits were provided again, too, and those are always appreciated. The biggest problem, however, during this flight pertained to the lavatories. The drains for the sinks appeared to be clogged, and we ran out of toilet paper midway through the flight. I was somewhat nervous when using the lavatory at times when there was periodic turbulence, out of fear that the water standing in the sinks might spill out. Other than that, though, overall the flight was pretty good, and it really is nice to be able to get all the way from New York to Manila nonstop.
AircraftA350-900
RouteNew York to Manila
Date FlownJuly 2019

"was downgraded to economy"

Trip Verified | Cebu to Caticlan. I booked premium economy and was downgraded to economy. There was no refund offered. When I asked the flight attendant I was told I did not book premium economy, complained last July 11 and all I got was promised if they will contact the officer in charge. Kept following up but the same response to wait for the person in charge to reply via email. Customer service is terrible!
AircraftQ400