Norwegian

"charging for carry on"

Trip Verified | My 14-year-old daughter had to pay $100 to check her carry on bag from New York to Gatwick. They same bag she flew to NY with on Norwegian and took it on as carry on. About a half hour after her initial flight took off from Gatwick to NY, the airline sent a message saying that the flight would be delayed more than two hours. This is after it took off more or less on time and was in the air. This naturally caused a lot of concern as I feared there may have been a technical problem and they were going to be forced to land somewhere. I phoned the airline and was left on hold for more than 20 minutes. I finally got someone on the phone, explained the situation and gave her the flight number. She looked in the system and told me that flight had already arrived in NY. This was about half an hour after taking off from London. I explained how that would be impossible and explained again that the airline had sent us a message that the plane would be two hours late. I was put on hold for another 10 or 15 minutes and she came back and said the flight was on time and she did not know why they had sent the message, the call cost me 38 pounds. It's probably just another way for a low-cost airline to make you pay more like charging for carry on, or 25 pounds for an inflight meal
RouteNew York to Gatwick

"The flight was amazing"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Oakland to Barcelona. The flight was amazing from check in to disembarking. The crew couldn’t have been more polite with me, and the seats were super comfortable. I recommended you pre order your meal, and if you want a blanket and headphones that would be a €5 extra which it’s still very cheap for what you pay for your ticket.
RouteOakland to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2019

"an overall great experience"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Reus. We left our gate on time, the crew were friendly and it was an overall great experience. The Boeing sky Interior is a nice addition as well as the free WiFi, it was a shame they only turned it on half way through the flight, however it remained on even after we had landed and we were disembarking. The on board menu was fairly expensive. £2.50 for a packet of crisps or £9 for some milk chocolate (I assume it was a large bag). Crew where professional and approachable at all times. The seat was really comfy, plenty of storage and legroom as well. Thank you Norwegian for a great flight and looking forward to seeing you on the return leg!
RouteGatwick to Reus
Date FlownAugust 2019

"forced us to check in carry on luggage"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Boston. The staff were unfriendly and forced us to check in our carry on luggage and paid €80 for eachs. Then before boarding I was giving to the staff our boarding and passports to check us for all 5 of us and he was rude with attitude he said "each one of you should be holding their own passports and tickets on their own hands". Hello, we're traveling as a group. Then the stroller we as usual handle the stroller by the door expecting to receive it in the same place when we arrive but they sent it down to the usual baggage carousel after wait on front for it for over 20 mins, they told that was down in luggage.
RouteMadrid to Boston
Date FlownJuly 2019

"plane was late both ways"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Helsinki to Alicante. We've flown with Air Norwegian a number of times. However, this time the plane was late both ways. On the way back we tried to order food but they only had 1 hot meal (other than noodles). They said that they weren't given any on departure. Also, the air vents and light above our seat hadn't been cleaned in some time.
RouteHelsinki to Alicante
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I didn't catch the first flight"

Trip Verified | Berlin to New York via Stockholm. When I arrived to the airport, I found my ticket was a standby because they overbooked the flight. I went to the gate, purchasing some last-minute souveniers for my nieces. When I arrived, the gate agent saw that I had an extra bag and told me I had too much luggage and that I needed to pay for it. I said that I did not feel it was justified and asked to speak to a manager. When I asked to pay, she refused to allow me to pay. I left the airport and tried to catch my connecting flight to NYC. When I arrived in Stockholm, I found that the flight was full, and since I didn't catch the first flight, they did not list me as a passenger on the connecting flight. The airline has refused to offer any refund, compensation or to allow me to fly stand by on another flight.
RouteBerlin to New York via Stockholm
Date FlownAugust 2019

"all the comfort you will need"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Oslo to Copenhagen. Very short flight with all the comfort you will need in a flight. Big legroom and internet and seats recline. Cannot ask for more. For the price we pay it’s amazing actually I’m surprised it’s not more expensive. Keep on the good work
Aircraft737-800
RouteOslo to Copenhagen
Date FlownJuly 2019

"nothing to complain about it"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Barcelona. The airline is amazing nothing to complain about it. The seats recline and the wi fi works amazing. They charge for snacks and food like almost every airline now a days but you can add it to your ticket if you want to have food and pay a little more.
RouteStockholm to Barcelona

"The flight was amazing"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Copenhagen. The flight was amazing have nothing to complain! Seats recline and they have wi Fi onboard. Cabin crew were very friendly to me and very attentive. Way better than a lot of expensive airlines.
RouteBarcelona to Copenhagen
Date FlownJune 2019

"drinks and snacks were not free"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Los Angeles. I attempted about 3.5 hours pre flight to check in a bag online, however I found out cannot be done within 4 hours of flight. I went to the help desk at the airport and was told I had to pay a penalty fee of 80 euro for my bag. Onboard the flight I knew meals were not included but was surprised that drinks and snacks were not free with this low-cost airline. I asked for a blanket and was told there would be a charge. That all being said the airplane itself was new, and clean. And I really enjoyed the extra large sized windows.
RouteMadrid to Los Angeles