Norwegian

"you get what you pay for"

Trip Verified | New York to Rome. I am an understanding guy, that believes you get what you pay for, there for going into this flight my expectations were not high but I had previously used Norwegian for an international flight which was great and that experience had probably increased my expectations. This trip I wouldn’t call it horrible because I got from point A to point B and back with out any major issues. Price for my last minute trip was great 2-the staff seemed to be nice and helpful to those who required help. It is impossible to get anything done in their app it’s pretty much useless, it doesn’t let you check in, and it doesn’t give you any updates on your flight. ( my flight changed gates at the lst minute). They used a secondary company for this leg called Privilege Styles (I didn’t feel privileged at all). The plane had no entertainment system, they did have a screen in front of you which on 1 flight didn’t work in any seat on my row, and on the other flight the remote control/phone thing was cut out of my seat. My seat didn’t recline and the seat in front was reclined so that was a bad combination. The bathroom had visibly missing pieces but they worked, I generally don’t want to see missing pieces on my airplane, one of them also had a big out of service sign.
RouteNew York to Rome
Date FlownOctober 2018

"it was really good in general"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to La Palma. This airline is one of those airlines which you have no expectations, as the flights are so cheap. The crew where friendly and very sorry for the delay (and on our return to), apart from the delay, it was really good in general, the Wifi was fast and there was no delay when sending messages. The flight was smooth, enough legroom and comfy seating. You could watch live TV and TV shows, directly from your device and you could rent films, with costed 5 euros. There wasn't a huge selection, but enough to keep you entertained for 4 hours. You could do other things from your app, like seeing whats at your destinations (which you could get discounts on) as well as flight maps and so on. The only thing that would ever stop me from flying them again is the delays, as my flight was delayed by about 2 hours, and one flight on the day was delayed by about 15 hours, which I was fairly shocked at. Apart from the delays, everything else is what your paying for.
RouteGatwick to La Palma
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Super cheap tickets"

Trip Verified | Cork to Providence. Super cheap tickets. Seats uncomfortable, and when I asked for water they said I could to buy a $3 bottle or wait for the snack cart. I get a foreign transaction fee and my card wouldn’t work on the plane. I am beyond disappointed. Flight was on time and smooth. Only pros along with the initial price.
RouteCork to Providence

"Horrible service"

(Spain)

Not Verified | I was flying with Norwegian on October 15th 2018 from Helsinki to Malaga. It was the most horrible flight in my life! The cabin crew was extremely unfriendly. Not even hello or goodbye. I asked two of the flight attendants if it was possible to change my window seat because im a little bit aerophobic and feel dizzy when I sit next to the window but they just ignored me! Horrible service. Would never recommend to fly with them.
RouteHelsinki to Malaga
Date FlownOctober 2018

"request for a full refund"

Trip Verified | Paris to New York. The flight was operated by WAMOS as a substitute carrier. I booked two flights for two people on Norwegian, with reserved seats and in Premier Class (which includes a free bag and meal and more comfortable seat). Before both flights, I received a notice of a change of aircraft but was told the only difference would be in the entertainment system. The airline was chartering a substitute plane from WAMOS, a Spanish company with the most inept crew I have ever seen. It would have been Fawlty-Towers funny except that the crew clearly did not know how to operate the equipment. On my second flight, I was informed that in spite of having booked 6 months early, I was being downgraded to coach. Sorry, but I was assured that I would still get the meal and would get a refund of 75%. On board, the very surly attendant refused to give me a meal or even water, because, "You did not pay". I assured her that I had paid and it was for premium class. Nevertheless, she pointedly ignored me for the rest of the flight. When I went to the galley to complain, the crew was hanging out, ignoring everyone's call buttons (which they claimed didn't work - along with the reading lights, the overhead screens, etc). Finally, the attendant brought me a meal but when I pointed out that my companion needed one, too, she snatched it away and never returned. I submitted a request for a full refund. I have not had any response.
RouteParis to New York
Date FlownOctober 2018

"eight weeks for this to be processed"

Trip Verified | Paris to Denver. About six months ago I booked a return flight in mid-November 2018. The airline cancelled the flight (and apparently the route) in mid-September. Only unacceptable alternatives were proposed, so I requested a refund. Although the application has been acknowledged, I have been told that I need to wait at least eight weeks for this to be processed, even though as a straightforward and uncontroversial cancellation the processing would be minimal. I have never come across a major company taking this amount of time to issue a refund for a purchase in which they are admittedly at fault. A month in, I have just been told it will be another five weeks.
RouteParis to Denver
Date FlownOctober 2018

"airline sells cheaper tickets"

Not Verified | We booked what we thought was a regular airline through booking.com for a reasonable fare. I admit not doing a lot of research into Norwegian beforehand as all European carriers I had used before have been good, usually providing better service than American carriers. We were in for a very different experience. On the way to Paris, a midnight flight, we noticed that everyone on the plane was happy to sleep as were we. The leg room was adequate, though the plane seemed rather old. On the return trip, we got an even older plane, with the smallest leg room I have ever had in an economy class. The reading light did not work, the seat could not lean back, which was worse since the seat in front was broken and permanently leaned back. There was no on board entertainment, but I was told it was being streamed to mobile devices. However, the plane was too old to have USB chargers for such devices. I found out that this airline sells cheaper tickets without food and drink service. I will not fly this airline again.
RouteParis, France to Newark, NJ, USA

"5* flight both ways"

Not Verified | 5* flight both ways. Booked exit seats both ways so had plenty of room. Meals included really god which also included wine. Both flights on time. Return to Gatwick 1st flight in so straight through passport control etc. £350 return you can’t complain .
AircraftBoeing 787 dreamliner
RouteGatwick to Orlando

"The price was cheap"

Trip Verified | Paris to Orlando. We flew on this airline to and from Europe from Texas in October 2018, into Gatwick and out of Paris. The planes were delayed both times by more than 2 hours, the food was terrible. The price was cheap but you get what you pay for and the lengthy delays will cost you in additional time and expense when you have to book new flights or reroute yourself when you arrive late and miss your connection, plus have to get a hotel to stay over night.
RouteParis to Orlando

"splitting up a family"

Trip Verified | Rome to Oakland. We were not sure about flying with a discount airline as a family, but the direct flight back to Oakland from Rome was hard to pass up at the price offered. We paid for a reserved bulkhead seats with access to the bassinet, 6 months ahead of our flight. On arrival to the airport in Rome we were informed that our seats were no longer together. We were not informed of any changes to our booking in the 6 month period between booking and arrival at the airport, which is very disappointing and frustrating. As you may be able to imagine flying with a young child is difficult enough, but to separate a family without informing them, and then having no recourse upon arrival at the airport for our flight is extremely frustrating. We were at the mercy of our fellow passengers to be able to fly seated together, and to do so we had to give up our bulkhead seats, and access to a bassinet. This made our 12 hour flight very uncomfortable. I'm amazed that they would consider splitting up a family travelling with an infant without any notification or option to change seating arrangement, especially given that we paid for our seat reservation.
RouteRome to Oakland