Norwegian

"website is as clear as mud"

Trip Verified | Norwegian's website is as clear as mud. They make it very difficult to find answers or contact them directly. I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to cancel my flight in June due to the pandemic. You'd think this process would be clear and featured given the current state of affairs. I found something that mentioned you have to cancel the flight, then apply for a refund. It was not specific. I cancelled the flight and then could not figure out how to file a claim. Come to find out, I had to wait to see if they canceled the flight. Now I have no recourse in getting my money back, even if they do cancel the flight.
RouteParis to Chicago
Date FlownApril 2020

"cash points instead of a refund"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to New York in June 2020. I would like to cancel my trip due to COVID-19, but Norwegian is offering cash points instead of a refund. Even without the pandemic I wasn't sure how long it would be until I got the chance to travel internationally again, but now with the virus my next flight is even more up in the air and I'd hate for $300 worth of cash points to just be sitting in my account for years. Calling is to no avail and there isn't an email that I can find for me to contact. This is very inconvenient for me and my family.
RouteGatwick to New York

"offering travel credits"

Trip Verified | I called the booking site "FlyFar" today and allegedly the agents have been requesting refunds from Norwegian since last month. They are offering travel credits to fly by Dec. 31st 2020, when we do not even know when COVID-19 will end to make sure it is safe for us to fly. They refuse to process flights for those us who have been extremely inconvenienced by this COVID-19.
RouteNew York to Rome
Date FlownApril 2020

"I found the process confusing"

Trip Verified | Oakland to Oslo in October 2019. The flight was booked for a price of $803.51 round trip total for myself and my companion. For each leg, we were provided an opportunity to "Bid for an upgrade." For each leg, I intended to bid 10% additional (about $40 in each case) but I found the process confusing. I was shocked to find that I was billed a total of $1834.50 for the trip, which is a 128% increase in the fare as opposed to my intended 10% increase. I contacted Norwegian Air and was refused any adjustment. In the end, this confusing upgrade process and refusal to provide a reasonable settlement appears to be a corporate strategy to enhance the bottom line with no regard for customer satisfaction.
RouteOakland to Oslo
Date FlownOctober 2019

"crew was nice, helpful and very friendly"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Oslo. The check in went smoothly, the gate was remote though. We waited almost an hour, cause they waited an answer if they could bring transit passengers to Norway, which closed the country for foreigners that day. The plane was almost fully booked, but some free seats here and there. We sat in the second last row, and had a free middle seat. We sat pretty comfortable, the seat is not that narrow as i have experienced on other LCCs. The crew was nice, helpful and very friendly. I tried the free wifi only, it worked part of the way, pretty slow.We could have bought more speed for 5 eur, but i prefer reading books. We landed 20 minutes after schedule
RouteDubai to Oslo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"matter related to Coronavirus"

Not Verified | No meaningful customer service, no reasonable accommodations for matter related to Coronavirus. Took hours to get anyone on phone (hung up on rather than connected 4 times), agent knew nothing, website unclear This is a discount operation in every meaningful way related to interfacing with the airline.
RouteBoston to Barcelona via London

"absolutely terrible experience"

Trip Verified | London Gatwick to Oslo. Terrible, absolutely terrible experience. Flight got cancelled while already ín the plane (with at that point already an hour delay). We got off loaded and basically not provided with any clear information for the next 5 hours. Currently, the replacement flight keeps being pushed. I’m lucky if I get out of here today at all. Staff is extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. Oh, and I got a voucher of 7,5£ to cover 8 hrs of waiting. 7,5£ in Uk will get me 1 water. I will never fly with you again.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Oslo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"crew seemed to be stressed"

Not Verified | Malaga to HelsinkiThe ground handling at Malaga was polite and fast. The flight was on time. No word from the cockpit since airborne. The cabin crew seemed to be stressed, even it was their first flight of day. My leather seat was torn and partially broken. First flight with Norwegian without any wifi or IFE.
RouteMalaga to Helsinki
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"staff were useless in giving information"

Not Verified | Everything was going well until a sand storm hit the Canary Islands. We were half way there and had to return to Gatwick. Norwegian staff were useless in giving information. They put us up at the Gatwick Hilton for the night and said that they would contact us with any updates. They did not do this. They gave us a phone number to call, waste of time because nobody answers the phone. They said that they would email us with updates, even that didn't happen. We have lost 1 day of our holiday and their attitude is tough luck. Other planes are flying out to the Canary Islands today. But Norwegian are not. They have not even offered another flight on another airline. Totally unhappy.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Gran Canaria
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"One of the worst airlines I have flown with"

Not Verified | One of the worst airlines I have flown with. It was my first trip to Europe and I was ecstatic, that is until I had to deal with this airline. Their airline tickets were cheap but don’t be fooled, they will get their money from you one way or another. They weigh your carry on bags and personal items before you can board the plane. I was over the 10kg or 22lbs allowed and they charged $120 to check the bag (one way). They do not feed nor give complimentary drinks including water! You might as well pay for the air you are breathing. Other airlines charge a bit more for their plane tickets but at least you’re treated like a living human! How do they expect you to be on a 10hr flight without any food or water. I’ve learned my experience and will never fly Norwegian again.
RouteLos Angeles to London