Norwegian

"backpack had to be included"

Trip Verified | New York to Paris flight one hour delayed, a complete mess at the JFK airport check-in, I have never seen In my life a check-in line so long. Finally lucky enough to make it to the counter. I didn't realize that my backpack had to be included in the cabin weight allowance, I had a small bag and a cabin suitcase, going over by 5kg. The staff would not budge and charged me $100.
RouteNew york to Paris
Date FlownJune 2019

"I was not allowed to get on"

Trip Verified | They require you to check in at the counter a few hours before departure, so standing in line to get my ticket wasted 30 minutes. By the time I made it through Orlando security, the airplane door was already shut and I was not allowed to get on. The attendants at the desk were sweet and told me to call customer service. Customer service was rude to me and erroneously told me there was nothing I could do because I had never checked in, when clearly I had my ticket in my hand. I even tried to speak to a supervisor but they were working at the gates. I was given an office number and I left multiple voicemails and phone calls. My request for Norwegian to give me back my taxes has gone unanswered.
Routeorlando to london
Date FlownMay 2019

"was a replacement aircraft"

Trip Verified | Miami to Gatwick. This was a replacement aircraft in place of the Boeing 787 usually used by Norwegian. The complete experience was a nightmare from beginning to end. The seats were broken and uncomfortable, they had old entertainment with 3 channels which did not work well. The headphone jack did not fit modern headsets. The cabin service left a lot to be desired. It seems that Norwegian also outsource their crew to Privilege Style. It’s a shame that Norwegian continue to send me emails that offer me more than a 100 channels of entertainment on my trip. It’s false advertising and very irritating.
AircraftPrivilege Style
RouteMiami to Gatwick
Date FlownMay 2019

"Price for ticket was good"

Trip Verified | I Flew from Los Angeles to Madrid Spain. Price for the ticket was good. But after taking the flight, I did not know I would not be offered a single cup of water for free.
RouteLos Angeles to Madrid
Date FlownMay 2019

"got changed another flight"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Stockholm. Had booked a flight to Stockholm which should arrived at 7AM and got changed my flight 3 weeks prior departure, flight was changed with arrival time 930 PM, which changed my trip plans and made me lost a whole day. Flight was OK, Now, 2 weeks after my flight I also got changed another flight to Stavanger, which had to arrive at 11 AM and was changed at 1850 PM arrival time. Totally unacceptable, I chose both flights because of arrival time. Also, I paid for chosing seat for a direct flight, since I changed to a flight with stopover I have to pay to choose seat in the second flight.
RouteBarcelona to Stockholm
Date FlownMay 2019

"check in closure an hour before"

Trip Verified | Providence to Dublin. 6 hour flight and no free no food. Ridiculous check in closure an hour before flight. As a low-cost airline you pay for everything even down to a blanket. Clearly shows no interest in passenger care.
RouteProvidence to Dublin
Date FlownMay 2019

"couldn’t rebook for 4 days"

Trip Verified | London to Boston. Terrible, when something goes wrong the lack of a large fleet is obvious - couldn’t rebook my flight for 4 days after we were due to go. Seats uncomfy and food expensive and terrible. Old entertainment
RouteLondon to Boston
Date FlownAugust 2018

"not aware no meal included"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Miami. Online check-in wasn’t available. I was not aware there was no meal included on my 9 hour flight. Checked baggage is quite expensive, so it’s worth taking that into account when you book - another airline might be cheaper once you’ve added that and meal costs in. On the flight, I had to pay for headphones as the ones I had weren’t compatible. The entertainment system had a very small selection of films and tv shows. The one redeeming grace was being able to order food and drinks from your seat. However, on the return flight the entertainment system was broken, so there wasn’t a thing to watch/listen and you couldn’t order drinks/food. I waited and waited to order a drink and was told I wouldn’t be served until all of the pre-paying customers had received a meal and drink (over an hour after getting on the plane). The guy sitting next to me started to get quite verbally aggressive about the fact they wouldn’t even give him water. I know the airline isn’t responsible for customers’ behaviour but his frustration could have been avoided if they would have just given him a glass of tap water. His endless venting made my experience even more unpleasant.
RouteLondon to Miami
Date FlownMay 2019

"bag to be placed below seat"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Copenhagen. Ground service was slow and rude. First impression of the cabin crew was bad. Was putting my laptop bag on the overhead compartment and cabin crew demanding passenger with small bag to be placed below the seat. It happened twice, once to me and another time to another passenger.
RouteGatwick to Copenhagen
Date FlownMay 2019

"made it 45 minutes before departure"

Trip Verified | In our instance, it was not all the airlines fault, but it was a very frustrating experience. We were coming from Mexico, and got stuck in an absurd customs line. We were prepared for an hour, it took almost 2 hours. I had booked the flights separetly. I did not know that the check in desk closes an hour before departure. We made it 45 minutes before departure but couldn't check in. The agent only told us to call a 1 800 number, and I waited on the phone for 52 minutes before someone answered. This person told me I could have cancelled my the flight a half hour before departure time, but that time had passed by the time they answered the phone. We had to buy a new ticket which was not cheap since it was for the next day. I hadn't intended to buy the flights on the same day, and when I realised my error, decided to risk it. Bad decision. For anyone flying Norwegian, I'd recommend that you read all of the info on their website. I didn't, and it cost us a pretty penny. In hindsite, I would have tried changing or cancelling online instead of calling - the person on the phone was not there to help me figure out a good solution, she just stated the rules you find online, and I was out of luck.
RouteSan Francisco to Gatwick