Norwegian

"it is taking too long"

Trip Verified | I bought a premium flex ticket so should have no reason not to get a full refund for a cancelled flight. I was expecting to fly on July 8, 2020 but cancelled due to Covid. I am still not getting refunded and called 3 times already and filed a claim with the airline but still not receiving my refund. They keep telling me to wait but it is taking too long.
RouteLos Angeles to Barcelona

"waiting almost 7 weeks"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Norwegian cancelled my ticket because of covid-19 what is fully acceptable. I ask for full refund they writed me that it will take around 2-3 weeks to get my money back. After 3 weeks they sent me the same email to fill the same form to apply for money refund. I'm waiting almost 7 weeks. I call the service they told me just wait or choose a new flight instead.
RouteGatwick to New York JFK
Date FlownMarch 2020

"website is as clear as mud"

Trip Verified | Norwegian's website is as clear as mud. They make it very difficult to find answers or contact them directly. I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to cancel my flight in June due to the pandemic. You'd think this process would be clear and featured given the current state of affairs. I found something that mentioned you have to cancel the flight, then apply for a refund. It was not specific. I cancelled the flight and then could not figure out how to file a claim. Come to find out, I had to wait to see if they canceled the flight. Now I have no recourse in getting my money back, even if they do cancel the flight.
RouteParis to Chicago
Date FlownApril 2020

"cash points instead of a refund"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to New York in June 2020. I would like to cancel my trip due to COVID-19, but Norwegian is offering cash points instead of a refund. Even without the pandemic I wasn't sure how long it would be until I got the chance to travel internationally again, but now with the virus my next flight is even more up in the air and I'd hate for $300 worth of cash points to just be sitting in my account for years. Calling is to no avail and there isn't an email that I can find for me to contact. This is very inconvenient for me and my family.
RouteGatwick to New York

"offering travel credits"

Trip Verified | I called the booking site "FlyFar" today and allegedly the agents have been requesting refunds from Norwegian since last month. They are offering travel credits to fly by Dec. 31st 2020, when we do not even know when COVID-19 will end to make sure it is safe for us to fly. They refuse to process flights for those us who have been extremely inconvenienced by this COVID-19.
RouteNew York to Rome
Date FlownApril 2020

"I found the process confusing"

Trip Verified | Oakland to Oslo in October 2019. The flight was booked for a price of $803.51 round trip total for myself and my companion. For each leg, we were provided an opportunity to "Bid for an upgrade." For each leg, I intended to bid 10% additional (about $40 in each case) but I found the process confusing. I was shocked to find that I was billed a total of $1834.50 for the trip, which is a 128% increase in the fare as opposed to my intended 10% increase. I contacted Norwegian Air and was refused any adjustment. In the end, this confusing upgrade process and refusal to provide a reasonable settlement appears to be a corporate strategy to enhance the bottom line with no regard for customer satisfaction.
RouteOakland to Oslo
Date FlownOctober 2019

"crew was nice, helpful and very friendly"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Oslo. The check in went smoothly, the gate was remote though. We waited almost an hour, cause they waited an answer if they could bring transit passengers to Norway, which closed the country for foreigners that day. The plane was almost fully booked, but some free seats here and there. We sat in the second last row, and had a free middle seat. We sat pretty comfortable, the seat is not that narrow as i have experienced on other LCCs. The crew was nice, helpful and very friendly. I tried the free wifi only, it worked part of the way, pretty slow.We could have bought more speed for 5 eur, but i prefer reading books. We landed 20 minutes after schedule
RouteDubai to Oslo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"matter related to Coronavirus"

Not Verified | No meaningful customer service, no reasonable accommodations for matter related to Coronavirus. Took hours to get anyone on phone (hung up on rather than connected 4 times), agent knew nothing, website unclear This is a discount operation in every meaningful way related to interfacing with the airline.
RouteBoston to Barcelona via London

"absolutely terrible experience"

Trip Verified | London Gatwick to Oslo. Terrible, absolutely terrible experience. Flight got cancelled while already ín the plane (with at that point already an hour delay). We got off loaded and basically not provided with any clear information for the next 5 hours. Currently, the replacement flight keeps being pushed. I’m lucky if I get out of here today at all. Staff is extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. Oh, and I got a voucher of 7,5£ to cover 8 hrs of waiting. 7,5£ in Uk will get me 1 water. I will never fly with you again.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Oslo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"crew seemed to be stressed"

Not Verified | Malaga to HelsinkiThe ground handling at Malaga was polite and fast. The flight was on time. No word from the cockpit since airborne. The cabin crew seemed to be stressed, even it was their first flight of day. My leather seat was torn and partially broken. First flight with Norwegian without any wifi or IFE.
RouteMalaga to Helsinki