Norwegian

"knew I had excess baggage"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Gatwick. I knew I had excess baggage and before flying, and prior to travelling I was quoted costs £9 per kilo, and charged $15 at check-in, even though the agent knew the embarkation airport. The check-in agent charged each bag separately, even though each bag was within their limits. A nearby agent advised her of the cheaper method but she refused the advice. In addition, they charged for a computer bag, and then charged hand luggage as hold luggage, as they said it was too large and overweight. In total, we were charged $560 for excess luggage! I complained at check-in, and again to customers services in writing but to no avail.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2019

"a very nice flight"

Trip Verified | Travelled from Gatwick to Tampa. It was a very nice flight. Was able to visit my lounge and show Norwegian Air boarding pass for discount. Will fly them again.
RouteGatwick to Tampa
Date FlownApril 2019

"Norwegian is a great option"

Trip Verified | Norwegian was great. Even though I live in Buffalo, it was worth the drive to Boston for a round-trip direct flight to Rome. It's a low-cost airline, so you don't expect perks but the entertainment system was high-quality and the seats were comfortable and had enough legroom even for a 6'4" guy like myself. As long as you're aware of what is and isn't included in your extremely low ticket price, Norwegian is a great option for trans-Atlantic flights.
RouteBoston to Rome
Date FlownApril 2019

"wouldn't fly again with them"

Trip Verified | To do the check in, I had to wait 24 hours before. The staff from Gatwick to Helsinki on 7th May were not really helpful at all. I asked for some water to take a pill and they don't have free water on board. They give you the option of watching their movies on board, paying £5 for 24h. My flight from Helsinki to Gatwick was delayed 2 hours. I wouldn't fly again with them.
RouteGatwick to Helsinki

"happy with our flight"

Not Verified | Dublin to Hamilton. We were very happy with our flight, the pricing was excellent, and we were treated well. Unfortunately we arrived late due to very strong head winds. They had to add additional fuel before take off, and we had to land in Goose Bay to refuel again. We were scheduled on a 373 Max which was grounded a few weeks before our departure, Norwegian did not cancel our flight, but instead used a less efficient aircraft that I am sure must have cost far to fly than the 737 Max. Therefore, we were upset when several web sites emailed us and asked us to apply for compensation because the flight was late. (That's like kicking some one is down) Thanks Norwegian.
RouteDublin to Hamilton

"No onboard vegan food"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Bordeaux to Helsinki via Oslo. We did not get any notification asking us to check in online the day before departure. When trying to check in online by ourselves from the airline website, the form did not recognize our registration numbers. 2 hours before departure we finally received SMS with hyperlinks supposedly containing our tickets. At the airport no self-service check-in was available so we queued at the check-in counter like everybody else. Check-in staff insisted to register our cabin luggage as checked luggage to discover upon arrival that our luggage got lost. No onboard vegan food options - no onboard wifi, no free water, We received a property irregularity report with a file reference and were told that our lost luggage would come with the next flight, but we did not get contacted by anybody more than one day later. Very poor experience with the website provided to track the status of the luggage.
RouteBordeaux to Helsinki via Oslo

"never had a problem"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Los Angeles. I have done 3 long hauls with them and have never had a problem. They leave on time for me. Seats have a little less space than usual. Entertainment isn’t as amazing as it would be on the leading airlines, however, there are a couple of good films on there and I have my iPad to entertain me. The food for me is ok, I am a vegan and this is the only airline where I don’t need to check the ingredients of the food which is given to me. Over all a fine experience and will be flying with them again in the future
RouteGatwick to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2019

"Smooth flight as always"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Stockholm. The check in was super quick and very efficient. The flight got a little delayed due to late arrival of another aircraft but at the end we arrived almost on time in Stockholm. The cabin crew could have been a little more polite but they were okay. Smooth flight as always. The bags were quick to be delivered.
RouteBarcelona to Stockholm
Date FlownMay 2019

"unprofessional teasing of a customer"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to London via Amsterdam with Norwegian. Normal sized hand baggage only allowed 10 kg. Check is charged at $100. As a frequent traveler I have never paid that amount. Secondly: 2 persons, 2 handbags, had to transfer 3 kg from one to another bag before ticket was printed. Very unprofessional teasing of a customer.
RouteSan Francisco to London via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2019

"someone else took my luggage "

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Dubrovnic to Copenhagen. I was forced to checked in my luggage at Dubrovnik because I was told the flight was full. Uupon arrival, I found out that someone else took my luggage by mistake. My Keys were actually in my bag because I didn't expect to check in it and forgot to take it out. It turned out to be a nightmare for me and I had to rent a hotel for one night and call for a door opener the following day. Usually the airline should compensate my loss due to luggage latency but they refused to do so and the service was very bad!
RouteDubrovnic to Copenhagen