Norwegian

"offering travel credits"

Trip Verified | I called the booking site "FlyFar" today and allegedly the agents have been requesting refunds from Norwegian since last month. They are offering travel credits to fly by Dec. 31st 2020, when we do not even know when COVID-19 will end to make sure it is safe for us to fly. They refuse to process flights for those us who have been extremely inconvenienced by this COVID-19.
RouteNew York to Rome
Date FlownApril 2020

"I found the process confusing"

Trip Verified | Oakland to Oslo in October 2019. The flight was booked for a price of $803.51 round trip total for myself and my companion. For each leg, we were provided an opportunity to "Bid for an upgrade." For each leg, I intended to bid 10% additional (about $40 in each case) but I found the process confusing. I was shocked to find that I was billed a total of $1834.50 for the trip, which is a 128% increase in the fare as opposed to my intended 10% increase. I contacted Norwegian Air and was refused any adjustment. In the end, this confusing upgrade process and refusal to provide a reasonable settlement appears to be a corporate strategy to enhance the bottom line with no regard for customer satisfaction.
RouteOakland to Oslo
Date FlownOctober 2019

"crew was nice, helpful and very friendly"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Oslo. The check in went smoothly, the gate was remote though. We waited almost an hour, cause they waited an answer if they could bring transit passengers to Norway, which closed the country for foreigners that day. The plane was almost fully booked, but some free seats here and there. We sat in the second last row, and had a free middle seat. We sat pretty comfortable, the seat is not that narrow as i have experienced on other LCCs. The crew was nice, helpful and very friendly. I tried the free wifi only, it worked part of the way, pretty slow.We could have bought more speed for 5 eur, but i prefer reading books. We landed 20 minutes after schedule
RouteDubai to Oslo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"matter related to Coronavirus"

Not Verified | No meaningful customer service, no reasonable accommodations for matter related to Coronavirus. Took hours to get anyone on phone (hung up on rather than connected 4 times), agent knew nothing, website unclear This is a discount operation in every meaningful way related to interfacing with the airline.
RouteBoston to Barcelona via London

"absolutely terrible experience"

Trip Verified | London Gatwick to Oslo. Terrible, absolutely terrible experience. Flight got cancelled while already ín the plane (with at that point already an hour delay). We got off loaded and basically not provided with any clear information for the next 5 hours. Currently, the replacement flight keeps being pushed. I’m lucky if I get out of here today at all. Staff is extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. Oh, and I got a voucher of 7,5£ to cover 8 hrs of waiting. 7,5£ in Uk will get me 1 water. I will never fly with you again.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Oslo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"crew seemed to be stressed"

Not Verified | Malaga to HelsinkiThe ground handling at Malaga was polite and fast. The flight was on time. No word from the cockpit since airborne. The cabin crew seemed to be stressed, even it was their first flight of day. My leather seat was torn and partially broken. First flight with Norwegian without any wifi or IFE.
RouteMalaga to Helsinki
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"staff were useless in giving information"

Not Verified | Everything was going well until a sand storm hit the Canary Islands. We were half way there and had to return to Gatwick. Norwegian staff were useless in giving information. They put us up at the Gatwick Hilton for the night and said that they would contact us with any updates. They did not do this. They gave us a phone number to call, waste of time because nobody answers the phone. They said that they would email us with updates, even that didn't happen. We have lost 1 day of our holiday and their attitude is tough luck. Other planes are flying out to the Canary Islands today. But Norwegian are not. They have not even offered another flight on another airline. Totally unhappy.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Gran Canaria
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"One of the worst airlines I have flown with"

Not Verified | One of the worst airlines I have flown with. It was my first trip to Europe and I was ecstatic, that is until I had to deal with this airline. Their airline tickets were cheap but don’t be fooled, they will get their money from you one way or another. They weigh your carry on bags and personal items before you can board the plane. I was over the 10kg or 22lbs allowed and they charged $120 to check the bag (one way). They do not feed nor give complimentary drinks including water! You might as well pay for the air you are breathing. Other airlines charge a bit more for their plane tickets but at least you’re treated like a living human! How do they expect you to be on a 10hr flight without any food or water. I’ve learned my experience and will never fly Norwegian again.
RouteLos Angeles to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Thank you Norwegian Air"

Not Verified | New York JFK to Gatwick. Original flight booked with Norwegian Air was cancelled so we lost the price of our nonrefundable American airline tickets to JFK. We scheduled a later Norwegian flight and paid for two more airline American Airline tickets to JFK. Not happy that the original flight was cancelled but Norwegian did step up and reimburse us for the two original nonrefundable tickets to JFK. Was pleasantly surprised that Norwegian Air did this. Our flight from JFK to Gatwick was no frills but the plane was nice and it was a great value. Yes, we would fly Norwegian Air again. Thank you Norwegian Air.
RouteNew York JFK to Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2019

"was only 1.5 kg overweight"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Terrible airline, I’m not going to use it again. I was flying from Madrid to Los Angeles, we boarded and we had a 1.5 Hours delay. It’s around a 12 hour flight. They don’t serve free food or water. You have to buy it. The cabin was so cold. We ordered some food - my food was disgusting and expensive. The flight tickets were not cheap and in addition, there is no free baggage. I was carrying hand luggage and was only 1.5 kg overweight (allowed 10 kg) and they made me pay 90 euros for that.
RouteMadrid to Los Angeles