Norwegian

"The flight was amazing"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Copenhagen. The flight was amazing have nothing to complain! Seats recline and they have wi Fi onboard. Cabin crew were very friendly to me and very attentive. Way better than a lot of expensive airlines.
RouteBarcelona to Copenhagen
Date FlownJune 2019

"drinks and snacks were not free"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Los Angeles. I attempted about 3.5 hours pre flight to check in a bag online, however I found out cannot be done within 4 hours of flight. I went to the help desk at the airport and was told I had to pay a penalty fee of 80 euro for my bag. Onboard the flight I knew meals were not included but was surprised that drinks and snacks were not free with this low-cost airline. I asked for a blanket and was told there would be a charge. That all being said the airplane itself was new, and clean. And I really enjoyed the extra large sized windows.
RouteMadrid to Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2019

"charges for blanket, headphones"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience with Norwegian. We bought the flight more than two months in advance and twenty days before flying they canceled the flight offering us an alternative to leave one day later, assuming on our part the extra expenses. We agreed and today, July 29, 2019, after having to request one more holiday day for Norwegian's last minute changes, we are in Stockholm on the flight, which should have left at 19:20 and it's 19:55 we're still here. Compared to other international flight company, it charges for blanket, headphones, food, water. Our trip Madrid-Hanoi the icons with Qatar for a similar price and all these extras were included.. Pésima experiencia con Norwegian: Compramos el vuelo con más de dos mese de antelación y veinte días antes de volar cancelaron el vuelo sin ofrecernos más alternativa que salir un día más tarde, asumiendo por nuestra parte todos los gastos extra. Accedimos y: Hoy, 29 de julio del 2019, después de tener que solicitar un día más de vacaciones por los cambios de última hora de Norwegian, estamos en Estocolmo en la escala del vuelo, el cual tendría que haber salido a las 19:20h y todavía siendo las 19:55h seguimos aquí. Por tanto, vamos de nuevo con retraso! Comparado con cualquier otra compañía de vuelos internacionales ofrece una pésima experiencia de viaje, cobra absolutamente por todo: manta, auriculares, comida, agua... esto en vuelos de más de 20 horas. Nuestra ida Madrid-Hanoi la iconos con Katar por un precio similar y todos estos extras estaban incluidos.
RouteBangkok to Madrid via Stockholm
Date FlownJuly 2019

"our flight was cancelled"

Not Verified | First and last experience flying Norwegian. We were scheduled to fly out of Newark at 23:59. At 18:48 PM we received a message saying that our flight was delayed until 5:15am. My sister called Norwegian and was on hold for 85 minutes to be told that the flight would definitely go and we should go in person to see an agent about vouchers. at 20:40, we were told that our flight was cancelled. we were provided no rebooking options and were told we could rebook online or cancel for refund. When you go online, however, Norwegian wanted to charge an additional 750$ to rebook on a different flight. All flights for 2 days were sold out. We were able to get on a $1000 one way ticket on another airline, the cheapest available, to get us in a day later and miss our non-refundable apartment booking. Meanwhile, my sister went to the airport to see about refunds and rebooking and was told that the in-person associates at the airport are a third party (Menzies Aviation) that does not have rights to rebook any clients, only to assist with hotel accommodations for delayed or cancelled flights. Other calls to customer service simply stated "We have a high call volume" and then hung up on us repeatedly.
RouteNewark to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2019

"flight attendants have always been friendly"

Trip Verified | This is my eighth time flying with Norwegian. Pros: excellent value, clean, modern aircraft, the flight attendants have always been friendly to me, and are usually English-speaking, but not always, the agents at the gate have always been friendly and helpful to me, relative absence of annoying announcements, which I loathe, I have always found the toilets to be clean. Cons: the airline no longer provides access to the travel lounge for Premium passengers in L.A., the seats can be cold, although I did not experience that on this flight, the meals in Premium are so-so and do not compare with meals I have had while flying business class on other airlines.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Los Angeles

"refusing any compensation"

Trip Verified | I was turned away at Dublin check in desk when trying to fly to New York. The girl checking me in, when asked what is the problem said "it could be any little thing. Maybe it's your middle name is not on the ESTA but is on your passport". I pointed out that none of the group (6) I was flying with had their middle names on their ESTA but were on their passports. I followed this up with Irish Passport control; Irish Immigration and USA Immigration. All verified that My ESTA application authorisation was valid and there was no reason I couldn't fly to the USA. Norwegian refused to offer me another flight or any form of compensation. 5 days later I flew out of Dublin to New York with United Airlines with the same documentation and had no issues at check in; Irish airport security; US security or US Customs and Border Protection. I informed Norwegian of all this information and they are refusing any compensation. I was out £500 for my flights with Norwegian; another £1000 for my flights with United Airlines and I missed out on 5 days of my holiday.
RouteDublin to New York
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Have to research luggage info"

Trip Verified | New York to Amsterdam. Have to research luggage info. You're allowed 22 pounds for your carry on and personal Item. I have never had as many restrictions on my carry on. There are limits for size, why should there be weight limits. The bags size should be smaller for that weight limit. The fees are confusing, being in British pound currency and direct flight states 1 price but then mine has a different price. Horrible transparency of luggage fees.
RouteNew York to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2019

"backpack and bag weighed 11 kg"

Trip Verified | Madrid to New York. I had a horrible experience with Norwegian. I had a backpack and bag with souvenirs which weighed 11 kg and had to pay 80 euros because the amount allowed is 10kg. My backpack alone was 8.5 kg. They held my boarding pass until I paid, they even weighed my pillow. Never again, absolutely ridiculous and appalling.
RouteMadrid to New York

"Great plane and prices"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Paris. I've flown Norwegian to Europe 3 times now. Great plane and prices. But this last trip from Orlando. to Paris was 4 hours late. The check in agent at the counter told us to board at 7:30 when they knew it was late. After being 4 hours late the lady at the gate said don't stand in here boarding lane when people are just tired and frustrated and ready to go. No email saying sorry but plenty of attitude.
RouteOrlando to Paris

"Service was fine"

(Myanmar)

Trip Verified | Rome to New York via Stockholm. Checkin at FCO was confusing. The line snaked to the foot traffic area of the airport. As the line moved near the check-in counters, there was signage saying "US-bound passengers" with arrow sign pointed to empty check-in counters. As I don't see the US-bound counters were not opened. I asked a Norwegian staff, my final destination is JFK and shall I line up here? She pointed to her back and go to the next check-in aisle behind her. I went there. It was the United Airlines check-in area. I came back and asked another Norwegian check-in staff. He pointed to the same line as I was transiting at ARN, not a direct flight to the US. FCO-ARN leg was chartered by Avion Express perhaps the grounding B737Max fleet. Avion used A320 and the condition of the plane was quite clean and well-kept even there were signs of some ageing. The plane did not have any branding painted on the body. It was all white. Seat pitch was adequate. At ARN, passengers were deplaned from both front and back exits. Front exit, passengers deplaned via jetbridge and at the back, through stairs and climbed back to the jetbridge. It was a quick way to deplane. ARN-JFK: Was seated on the last row. Service was fine. Pre-ordered food came out a bit longer than expected. Cabin crew talked and socialized quite loudly in the galley. Laughter and gossips could be heard through the in-flight headphone. The plane was clean and washroom was kept clean. Both legs were on time.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 787