Norwegian

Norwegian customer review

CPH-LGW DY3516 on 15 October. As a nervous flyer I did not hesitate choosing Norwegian on this last minute booking knowing their fleet is modern and free wi-fi on board definitely helps to kill time during turbulence. As soon as I boarded the aircraft I let the flight attendant know I was experiencing strong flight anxiety to which she responded by giving me a bottle of water and offered me a less turbulence-prone seat in the front aisle row of the aircraft (before I was at the back in the last row). As soon as we took off other members of the crew constantly kept on making sure I was fine and when some moderate turbulence before landing occurred a male crew member sat by me and talked reassuringly. On top of everything the pilot made various announcements during the flight and communicated with passengers. These small things and professional flight crew contribute to the fact that I will definitely choose Norwegian in the future.

Norwegian customer review

Just travelled from Malaga to Gatwick very modern plane efficient friendly staff great having free WiFi. A very good low cost Carrier not all the constant advertising announcements like Ryanair. Great price would highly recommend Norwegian and certainly will travel with them again.

Norwegian customer review

Stockholm to Bangkok. Flight was pretty much on time and they weren't as strict with carry ons as other budget airlines but those are the only 2 good things I have to say. The plane was very old no WiFi you pay extra for food the ancient movie screens did not work for more than half of the 10 hour flight and the flight attendants were not helpful or knowledgeable at all. I would never fly with them again.

Norwegian customer review

LGW-GCN (Gatwick to Gran Canaria). Unfortunately low cost airline means in this case a lot. The price was ok but it's really showing what are you paying for. The seats are the most uncomfortable I have seen. If passenger next to you is a little bit bigger than the size of the seat then you are just stuck and pushed. Free wi-fi is a good advertising option but works very slowly. It takes several attempts to make anything work on Wi-Fi. Another rip off is the bar on board. They don't accept payments in Euros! Only credit cards and UK Pounds. The worst part of flying with Norwegian is the rude staff. It happened both ways: from London and back from Gran Canaria. There is a lot they can learn from EasyJet. If you a looking for a very basic flight without being fussy about service on board quality of seats and rudeness of staff then Norwegian is for you. Otherwise I will suggest trying some other airlines.

(Finland)

We booked a 3 week trip to Thailand and started our journey on September 7th from Oslo where our flight was scheduled to depart directly to Bangkok. Problems started immediately. Aircraft had technical problems and boarding was delayed several times. During the exhaustive wait information was given in Norwegian until the angry non-Norwegian customers demanded English announcements. Eventually the captain announced that the crew ran out of work time. We were taken to a low budget airport hotel late in the evening to spend the night and were told that we had to be back at the airport at 5 am next morning. We returned to find that the flight was delayed again to 8 am. They decided to give up fixing the plane and arranged to fly everyone to Stockholm in order to get on to a new plane to Bangkok. Naturally this required 3 separate flights to get everyone and the luggage there. Finally we took off from Stockholm towards Thailand after over 24 hours of waiting. Return flight had no more success than the first one. As I'm writing this our original flight from Bangkok to Oslo is already cancelled and there is no information whether Norwegian is able to get us back home somehow. Our original departure was scheduled at 9 am on Friday 27th and now it is 5 pm on Saturday 28th. Very unacceptable unprofessional and below any standards considering that we are living in the year 2013.

Norwegian customer review

Travelled return from LGW to Gran Canaria using this airline for the first time as they have great early morning flights ie 5.35 and 5.50. Check in both ends quick and stress free. Punctual take offs followed by enjoyable smooth and comfortable flights and added bonus of free wifi on board. Ground staff and air crew nice helpful and very professional. Also regular audible updates from the cockpit during both flights. This will always be our airline of choice in the future.

Norwegian customer review

LGW-BCN return. Given the price paid was expecting an ultra-LCC. Instead was pleasantly surprised by the modern fleet spacious interior reclining seats overhead monitors and friendly and professional service. Not militant about hand luggage which meant boarding was fast and easy. Free WiFi is a real bonus. Would go out of my way to choose Norwegian over their many competitors on this route.

Norwegian customer review

I fly between Stockholm and London twice a week. I initially flew with SAS but their punctuality was outrageous. Tried BA just as bad so tried Norwegian. At first they were good but steadily the planes are arriving later and later. I pay on average £450 for a return trip economy. This is now the 3rd Sunday in a row where the flight has been delayed. Be interesting to hear the excuse for this week. Considering it is only a 2 hour flight delays of 45 mins are not really acceptable. To be honest all Scandinavian flights are a joke and they are all as bad as each other.

(Finland)

HEL-CPH-HEL 16 September 2013. Booked my first flight with Norwegian and it turned out to be my worst air travel experience. Low cost airline service: paying for every little service (baggage seat selection drinks) separately is not for me. I cannot recommend to anyone. Wifi didn't work.

(Thailand)

My first time with low cost airline on a long haul flight which truly reflects the meaning of "low-cost low punctuality low manageability". My flight from Bangkok to Stockholm was 30 hours delayed while flight from Oslo to Bangkok was also 20 hours delayed. Reason given were due to "technical problem". They used the new dream-liner for this route but technical problem were the reasons for both delay. No mobile phone messages were received on any flight time update. Arrangement for hotels after overnight delay was also a mess. Passengers had to wait in line for almost an hour at 1 am after waiting at the terminal for 10 hours to get hotel and bus voucher. Airline staff at the terminal were unable to answer any questions or help with any re-booking you were on your own to call Norwegian and figure things out yourself. Announcement at the terminal were always only in Norwegian no English announcements. Below standard in absolutely everything.