Norwegian

Norwegian customer review

Return trip from Helsinki to Copenhagen. Outbound flight was to be at 07h00. Neither my friend on the same booking or I received any notification that the time had changed. After the arduous task that is getting through security check at Helsinki airport at 06h50 we hear over the PA that we were running late and have 1 min to board. On boarding the guy next to us showed us an SMS he'd received earlier that morning to say it was now early - where was my message? To change the time to choose to not notify me and then give me poor attitude and sass as I approach the plane on the gangway when I'm not in the wrong is disgusting. Return flight was fine. Return was only 10 mins late there was no attitude and we were kept updated. However bearing in mind that all they can do is promote the fact that they're the first European airline to offer free wifi onboard you should know that it is incredibly slow to connect to the initial page outside their own domain. Additionally if the captain or purser make an announcement it resets the wifi and you have to endure that wait all over again so the free wifi that they use as the balance to all negativity is not all that great. There is no offer of anything regarding food/drink despite the flight time and it being international but I figure that's a Nordic thing maybe? Other points like seating are neutral. They're not cramped but not the most comfortable. IFE was pathetic. In all fly with Norwegian if you only care about price or if it absolutely essential that you have onboard wifi and can handle the speeds/resets. Avoid them if you would like nice and friendly staff or if you like to know when there's a chance that you'll miss your flight.

Norwegian customer review

Stockholm to NYC. At check-in there was a long waiting line. I arrived from a domestic flight with SAS where my luggage weighted 21 kg. At DY check in the same luggage showed 23.5 kg. DY ground staff knew what was behind it so let me go. Problems onboard: cold cabin at the start of the flight (blankets on sale for 5$) but then after 1 hour they changed the temperature and blankets weren't needed anymore! Food was included far less than needed so it was an appetizer and most passengers of course after the 'meal' had to buy a real meal in the form of snacks internet (it appears everywhere that they offer it but they didn't). Good: The Dreamliner (nice to see one for the first time) great window screens technology great cabin decent leg space and new aircraft. In-flight attendants? Most were Asian looking young efficient polite. At the end even if you had to pay 50$ more for blanket and extra food the One Way flight still cost less than 600$ as opposed to e.g. SAS 1800$ Moral: just bring your own snack and jumper don't expect any wonders but a decent safe flight and it will be OK and much cheaper to fly with DY.

Norwegian customer review

Bangkok to Oslo on 787. Paid extra to choose a window seat and brought a packed lunch. I was really delighted with my flight. I'm 6 foot and what really makes a long haul flight good for me is how far forward I can put my feet and how much wiggle room I have for moving my legs. Loads of space here I could cross my legs while the person in front had their seat reclined. This flight easily beat quite a few airlines that I've flown similar routes with in the last couple of years on that alone and that does it for me entirely. I think it was a more upright seating position and less recline in the seats than other airlines maybe not for you if that's what does it for you I could sleep when I wanted no problem. Plus a big fail to Oslo airport who had several hundred international transfer passengers cueing in a corridor to one x-ray machine and expensive beer.

Norwegian customer review

DY7202 BKK-OSL. At Bangkok there was no Business Class Check-in similarly no Fast Track and no access to any lounge facilities. On board the (Portuguese hired) plane there was no pre-departure drink towels or any other service normally given. Only concession was a larger more spacious seat as I was in 1C. Flight crew were all very amateur appeared rushed and somewhat confused as to procedures. Pre Flight Safety Demonstration was almost non existent and consisted of an announcement asking passengers to refer to the Safety Information Card in seat pocket. No initial drinks service given beverages only permitted with the meal service. The food service can only be described as disgraceful a cardboard box containing very basic utensils and awful food was thrown in front of me. Cabin staff were not interested in giving any kind of service and almost immediately they completed the distribution of the food boxes they commenced collection of same rushing to complete as soon as possible. The entertainment system was extremely poor no choice or personal music. On arrival at Oslo the Cabin Crew did not know which door would be used to disembark from resulted in all passengers remaining on the plane 15 minutes after arrival at the gate. Baggage then took a further hour to arrive in the hall concluding one of the worst flights I have ever had the displeasure to travel on.

Norwegian customer review

Manchester - Stockholm and return. Great value for money modern aircraft friendly service. Could you need anything else on short haul flights - I don't think so. Flights on time Wi-Fi onboard too so time passed quickly easy check in at both airports. Far superior than other low-cost airlines. Definitely recommend this airline and will definitely use them again. Not sure what the long-haul service would be like but great for short hops across Europe.

Norwegian customer review

Flight London Gatwick to Helsinki and return both in almost new 737-800s. Both flights comfortable and on time. On board services by staff were all fine. Refreshment range fairly limited and all quite expensive. Airline recommended to us and we would also recommend them.

(Finland)

Helsinki-Alicante return. New aircraft new cabin seat reservation from row 1 and exit row with a fee granted extra legroom. What you pay for they keep the promise. Smiley and talkative crew with a selling cart all refreshment and snacks are available for an expensive fee. Free wifi after take off some IFE from overhead screens. English and Finnish announcements were with an Estonian accent yet still understandable. All flights were on time. Hands down better product than our national carrier and this airline is a good low cost carrier.

Norwegian customer review

FAO-OSL-GTW. Very good aircraft's on both flights Boeing 737-800 with sky interiors just 2 months old. Excellent that we could use wifi on board leg room fair enough. Less points on the service crew they couldn't manage how to speak in English with no manners at all.

Norwegian customer review

LGW-Gran Canaria-LGW (9-18 August). Really happy to recommend them speedy check-in common sense approach to luggage seat pitch more than expected single-class plane looks and feels new. As long as you recognise that you'll have to pay for extras then as the previous report this does not feel like a low cost airline and the free wi-fi is not just a bonus but helps the flight go really quickly. The staff were cheery and enthusiastic. We'll be using them again - a shame they aren't more frequent on some of the ex-UK routes.

(Spain)

AAL-PMI 10 August. Excellent flight very new plane 737-800. I was in row 18 with excellent seat pitch during the flight I changed to an exit row. The crew were really nice and did their job very well. Norwegian offer free wifi on board. This is not a low cost airline it is much better than many companies in Europe. Food is for purchase at really Scandinavian prices but all in all not too much in comparison with other companies. I'll fly them again for sure.