Nok Air

"Comfortable seats"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Hat Yai. Perfect flight. Boarding and take off on time. Comfortable seats. Very kind flight attendant service. Landing a bit hard but on time. I was really impressed how boarding was organized.
RouteBangkok to Hat Yai
Date FlownNovember 2019

"baggage was missing the lock"

Not Verified | Flight was 20 minutes delayed. At Phuket Airport they have a huge single check in line for all the flights, it doesn't matter if you do the online check in, it takes a long time. You cannot eat your own food on the plane. When we arrived to Bangkok my checked baggage was missing the lock, I asked customer service why they removed the lock and if they could give me the lock back and they said that the lock was not found but they didn't understand our English. We decided to go and leave it like that.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok

"Worst experience ever"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Krabi to Chiang Mai via Bangkok. Worst experience ever. The flight from krabi to Bangkok was delayed more than four hours. As a consequence we missed our connection from Bangkok to Chiang mai. In Krabi they informed us we'd take a flight to Chiang mai the next day at 1am. However when we arrived in Bangkok they said we'd have to fly to Chiang Raí and take a 5 hour bus to Chiang mai. We made a lot of complaints and we received no reply.
RouteKrabi to Chiang Mai via Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2019

"employees refuse to give any information"

Trip Verified | Krabi to Bangkok via Chiang Mai. This is the worst airline ever. As I sit here typing this, our plane is delayed over 2 hours and the Nok Air employees refuse to give any information. We will be missing our connecting flight and we sat in line for an hour to get attended to. The staff ignored everyone in line and began taking selfies. They also kept running away and ultimately gave us meal vouchers to a restaurant that was closed. There is still no resolution. There is still no plane. We are in Nok limbo torture land. Never purchase with them!
RouteKrabi to Bangkok via Chiang Mai
Date FlownNovember 2019

"not pay the baggage fees online"

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Phuket via Bangkok. Nok Air is the only airline I’ve ever flown that charges you a baggage fee per connecting flight. Thus, in addition to paying its already exorbitant baggage fees, I had to pay it twice, because I had a layover in Bangkok. Part of the reason the baggage fees were so high is that we could not pay the baggage fees online. Its website is garbage and hasn't been updated in a while (probably because they want you to pay the higher fees at the airport). None of this is advertised or disclosed that I saw. On top of this, the customer service was horrible because the agents are unable to explain the baggage policies either because they couldn’t speak English well enough or they just didn’t understand the airline’s baggage policy. Bottom line: You may think you’re saving money flying with NokAir, but if you are flying with any bags, save your time and money and fly a different airline.
RouteChiang Mai to Phuket via Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

Pleasant uneventful flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Udon Thani to Bangkok. Pleasant uneventful flight, friendly crew, clean aircraft, arrived early, quick luggage delivery at Don Mueang airport. Check-in in Udon? Male agent could not be bothered opening his mouth to say for instance hello or something as simple as that, entire check-in process was done in complete silence at 6.45am, maybe he was still tired.
Route Udon Thani to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"departed and landed on time"

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Bangkok. Nok Air is a Low cost carrier so I was surprised they served a small bottle of water. It's not much but still a nice gesture. Flight departed and landed on time, but landing was really rough and bumpy.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2019

"no clarity on baggage policy"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. There is no clarity on Nok Air baggage policy. Even staff is not able to explain the policy correctly to me. Airport customer agent was insisting for getting money and was not ready to listen what I was trying to say.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2019

"refused overnight accommodation"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Booked Phuket to Buriram return in March and April mainly because you can through check all the way and I was aware of the complications that can arise if you have a multi sector itinerary on different airlines. Nok air cancelled 3 of the 4 Bangkok - Buriram return sectors. Plus cancelling one Phuket - Bangkok sector. On two occasions meaning we missed our connection and had to overnight Bangkok. What they do is send a “revised “ flight time when clearly they have amalgamated two flights into one and cancelled one of the services. They flatly refused to offer overnight accommodation in Bangkok and used every available tool to avoid this. Offering flights at ridiculous times and even once a connection on another airline. This was totally unacceptable as with delays it could have meant us getting stuck between two airlines neither accepting responsibility and precisely the reason we booked a complete itinerary with Nok Air in the first place. So,twice we had to pay for hotel accommodation ourselves! Basically avoid them like the plague as it seems they cancel flights at will. I see other reviewers have had similar experiences. Also some of the 737-800 look dated and in need of refurbishment. They did give us”premium” seats at no cost but on 4 sectors there was zero priority boarding for premium customers. Emails to customer service have not been replied to and on at least 4 occasions the people on their 1318 hotline have lied. That’s when you manage to get through to them. The overall extra cost to me/us has been in the region of 6-7000 baht. No hope whatsoever of Nok Air refunding that.
RoutePhuket to Buriram via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2019

"I'd fly Nok again"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Krabi. Nok is a true budget airline: a little gritty, rough around the edges, and you're never really comfortable in terms of believing that you'll get where you're going on time. I checked in online and bypassed the ticket counter, but past experiences have been less than easy. If you don't prepay your bags online, you have to check in via one line, go to a bag drop and another line, then go to a payment counter to pay the baggage fee. It's a pretty terrible system. But this time--none of that. Straight to the gate. Don't expect much in terms of announcements, watch for the crowd and go queue up when it's time. Their flights seem to require a bus out to the plane, and that's your typical budget airline experience--they try to get all 150 of you into one to avoid making two trips. The aircraft on my trip was old, and a god bit worn out. Nok chose to paint their planes in a really colorful scheme (I call it "Sky Chicken Fabulous") with a bird head on the nose of the plane. Unfortunately the colors haven't held up well, so the appearance of the plane is shabby and faded even from the outside. The crew is quick and a small bottle of water is included, a nice touch. The English skills of the crew are marginal for an airline that carries a lot of tourists, but if you'e heard the safety presentation before elsewhere, there's not much that the crew has to talk to you about. They advertise WiFi on board, but no Nok flight I've ever flown delivered on that promise. My flight left late and arrived late, but no announcements or apologies were made, it appeared to be just part of a normal Nok day. Air Asia is still the cream of the crop in Thai budget carriers, with VietJet delivering mostly good results as well. Nok joins the second tier with Lion Air. Nok does offer a frequent flyer program which sets them apart, but it requires you to write them and send a copy of your boarding pass to get credit, which is honestly just too much hassle to get a free $25 flight. I'd fly Nok again, but there's nothing that would steer me toward them, either.
RouteBangkok to Krabi