Mango Airlines

"Why are your flights always delayed"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | This is really becoming a daily event when looking at flight track records. Why are your flights always delayed. We haven't been on time for the last two weeks. Not just from Durban but also from Johannesburg to Durban. Flight JE268 and JE257. Every single Sunday and Friday flights are delayed by 1.30-3.00 hours. The best you can do is say sorry. We don't even get messages in advance. What happened and it has been months since the claim of aircraft shortage. Please, you need to get back on track. We travel for business 3-6 weeks at a time and our time is very important.
RouteDurban to Johannesburg
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Flight was delayed by 5 hours"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Cape Town to Durban. Worst airline yet! Never flying with them again! Flight was delayed by 5 hours with no remedial attempts. Very disappointing that it's not the first (or second) time that this has happened.
AircraftJe352
RouteCape Town to Durban
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Price of ticket was good"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Cape Town. Boarding no greeting except Boarding pass' barked from a not overly friendly cabin crew member. Comfortable seats with great leg room for a low cost carrier even most full service airlines do not have such leg room. My only complaint is that i purchased a sandwich which was very cold and the white wine was room temperature. Nice announcements from pilot. On disembarking crew at the door chatting to each other not even a goodbye. Price of ticket was good would consider flying Mango again because of price and comfort.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
Date FlownAugust 2019

"does not care for customers"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Cape Town to Lanseria. You start your day off super early to be on time for an airline that absolutely does not care for customers in any way at all. The flight is delayed by one and a half hours, and the useless ground staff stand around with stern faces not giving out info on why the flight is delayed; and when asked, they give you the shortest answer possible to keep you in the dark. This morning’s excuse being “we’re waiting on the pilot”. I am going to miss my grandfather’s funeral this morning because of this airline. Have not flown Mango for ages and this morning they’ve reminded me why.
RouteCape Town to Lanseria
Date FlownAugust 2019

"customer truly comes last on Mango"

Trip Verified | I've flown many airlines over the years - and Mango is the absolute bottom of the barrel as an airline. A short 45 minute flight from Durban to Johannesburg turned into a 4 hour delay nightmare and lost bags (with no resolution). With Mango what you save in fares, you'll lose in sanity, lost time, and lost luggage. Unfortunately once there is a problem their Customer Care Team and other services are almost unreachable and they won't take any responsibility for problems they cause. The customer truly comes last on Mango. Sadly I couldn't rate them a 0 out of 10 here - although that's what their service merits.
RouteDurban to Johannesburg
Date FlownJune 2019

"would certainly not recommend flying with Mango"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Zanzibar to Johannesburg. Besides the convenience of flying straight to Zanzibar I would certainly not recommend flying with Mango at all. Firstly I could not check in online which I was not informed of when booking through the SAA website at the time and since I could not clear immigration as I was in transit I had to forfeit that leg and book another flight where I could check in online. Secondly when I checked in after long queues in Zanzibar, I could not sit with my family due to not being able to check in before the time and the system pre-booked etc. Similarly was the service-their staff on board were unfriendly, listless and came around with things to buy Once - rest of the time they were taking stock and everyone had to step over all the cans to get to the toilet. I sent a query/complaint to Mango and they responded immediately by saying that they were sorry to hear about this and that their Customer Service Department would contact me - sadly after a long time I am still waiting.
RouteZanzibar to Johannesburg
Date FlownJuly 2019

"never choose Mango ever again!"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Johannesburg. Our flight was delayed over 3 hours. We had kids at home waiting for us with a babysitter. We had to work the next day and therefore chose a reasonable time to het back home. This was absolutely ridiculous! We will never choose Mango ever again!
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg
Date FlownJuly 2019

"flights have been delayed"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Durban. In the last 5 week period, 3/4 of my mango flights have been delayed. This is not even mentioning the delays I experienced last year. Flights are delayed by 1H 50min so that meal vouchers do not have to be handed out as compensation (which is for 2 hour delays or more). I fly frequently, and have experienced such consistent delays with mango, that I even factor it into my transport planning, setting up alternative transport ahead of time for when the flight get's delayed. Note "when", not "if", a flight gets delayed. As a result I only resort to mango as an utter last option for flights. If you are flying with mango, expect delays. The "extra leg room" is not worth it. Fly with another airline for the same cost, leg room and better, consistent service.
RouteCape Town to Durban
Date FlownMay 2019

"only sugary things were left"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | On 12 April I travelled from Lusaka to Johannesburg on SAA, and then from Johannesburg to Cape Town. Because it was a Mango flight booked via SAA, I was told I have a R70 refreshments voucher for the flight. At the start of the flight, there was an announcement that due to ‘stock shortages’ there are no muffins, sandwiches or croissants for purchase. So by the time the refreshments finally came by my row which was row 19, only sugary things were left. No chips, biltong, etc to purchase. Only chocolates and jelly babies. Thank you Mango, but I prefer not to have a chocolate for supper and the only thing I’ve eaten since the afternoon. And after running to catch the flight due to an earlier flight delay. Such poor planning from Mango. I will refuse to fly SAA via Mango again. The R70 refreshments voucher means nothing if there is nothing available on Mango.
Date FlownApril 2019

"absolutely ridiculous"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Cape Town. I have flown with Mango Airlines a few times and so have my family members and it is the worst airline. They are always delayed and not by 15/20 minutes, I was delayed by three hours and my family members are now delayed by 2 hours. You waste peoples time and then still charge the full price and dont make any effort to be on time. People plan around these flights and they are unreliable. Handing out free cup of soup sachets on our flights does not make it okay that your flights are delayed by over two hours, for a domestic airline that is absolutely ridiculous.
Date FlownAugust 2018