Mango Airlines

"we just missed our flight"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I was booked on a flight from Cape Town to Durban for a job. I was at the airport on time and at the gate they said it will be delayed for an hour. Something to do with the captain. That is all she said. Hour later she said sorry but it is delayed again, my flight time was scheduled for 17h30. After the 3rd delay the lady informed and said that sorry but we can go and have supper, the flight will take off around 20h30. During that time we had supper but we decided to go back before the time just to make sure we do not miss the flight. By our return the girl informed us we just missed our flight. They didnt make any announcement, they didn't call us, nothing. What is more upsetting is that our call time for our job was 4h30 the next morning. Our tickets was booked and paid for by another company. There i was standing had to pay for our own tickets and i didn't bring my CT card with, so somebody else was paying my ticket. New flight time??22h45. Arrival time in Durban 00h45 due to the delay and no announcement was made, it cost me money out of my pocket (my friends pocket) to book another flight to Durban. If it wasn't for my friend to help me paying my ticket i would have been stranded? Was it my fault that the plane was delayed.
RouteCape Town to Durban
Date FlownNovember 2019

"last time using this airline"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | So here is how Mango Airlines exports money from people, I arrived at the airport well on time for my 05H55 flight. One of the employees was walking around calling for customers who had to check in for Cape Town flight as it was closing. I get to check in the the lady tells me I am late for my flight so I have to go to ticket sales to change flights. I moved to ticket sales and they charged me an additional R540 on top of my R896 ticket. I paid to be on the next flight which was at 06H45 but the as I am typing this review, I am still in a queue, flight delayed due to the flight missing 1 crew member. Who is refunding me for this delay, being extremely late for work and standing here from 05H10 till 07H30. This is a rubbish airline and keep this on record ... last time I am using this airline. I paid over R1400 to travel to Durban, single trip and guess what, one of the customers had to complain for us to get an update. You find people using international airlines to travel local and you cry about supporting local airlines, well, here is the result, you get screwed out of your hard earned money then sit for 3 hours waiting to board a flight. Make a wise decision and stop supporting this airline.
RouteJohannesburg to Durban
Date FlownNovember 2019

"a rather expensive trip"

Trip Verified | George to Johannesburg. Our original flight was rescheduled from 14:10 to 16:30, then on the day of departure was delayed till 18:00, and eventually left at 18:30. We were assured that we would be in time to make our connecting flight from Johannesburg to Melbourne, Australia. We were not unfortunately, resulting in a rather expensive trip back for all concerned.
RouteGeorge to Johannesburg
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Terrible, terrible, terrible"

Trip Verified | Mango Airlines flying us in a 30-year old Boeing 737 from Johannesburg to George. No air conditioning, broken seats. I have made over 300 flights to more than 55 countries in the last 7 years, and have flown on all types of aircraft, including a dodgy Tupolev into North Korea in winter. This Mango flight was worse than that! Pathetic and definitely my last Mango flight. Terrible, terrible, terrible
RouteJohannesburg to George
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Why are your flights always delayed"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | This is really becoming a daily event when looking at flight track records. Why are your flights always delayed. We haven't been on time for the last two weeks. Not just from Durban but also from Johannesburg to Durban. Flight JE268 and JE257. Every single Sunday and Friday flights are delayed by 1.30-3.00 hours. The best you can do is say sorry. We don't even get messages in advance. What happened and it has been months since the claim of aircraft shortage. Please, you need to get back on track. We travel for business 3-6 weeks at a time and our time is very important.
RouteDurban to Johannesburg
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Flight was delayed by 5 hours"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Cape Town to Durban. Worst airline yet! Never flying with them again! Flight was delayed by 5 hours with no remedial attempts. Very disappointing that it's not the first (or second) time that this has happened.
AircraftJe352
RouteCape Town to Durban
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Price of ticket was good"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Cape Town. Boarding no greeting except Boarding pass' barked from a not overly friendly cabin crew member. Comfortable seats with great leg room for a low cost carrier even most full service airlines do not have such leg room. My only complaint is that i purchased a sandwich which was very cold and the white wine was room temperature. Nice announcements from pilot. On disembarking crew at the door chatting to each other not even a goodbye. Price of ticket was good would consider flying Mango again because of price and comfort.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town
Date FlownAugust 2019

"does not care for customers"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Cape Town to Lanseria. You start your day off super early to be on time for an airline that absolutely does not care for customers in any way at all. The flight is delayed by one and a half hours, and the useless ground staff stand around with stern faces not giving out info on why the flight is delayed; and when asked, they give you the shortest answer possible to keep you in the dark. This morning’s excuse being “we’re waiting on the pilot”. I am going to miss my grandfather’s funeral this morning because of this airline. Have not flown Mango for ages and this morning they’ve reminded me why.
RouteCape Town to Lanseria
Date FlownAugust 2019

"customer truly comes last on Mango"

Trip Verified | I've flown many airlines over the years - and Mango is the absolute bottom of the barrel as an airline. A short 45 minute flight from Durban to Johannesburg turned into a 4 hour delay nightmare and lost bags (with no resolution). With Mango what you save in fares, you'll lose in sanity, lost time, and lost luggage. Unfortunately once there is a problem their Customer Care Team and other services are almost unreachable and they won't take any responsibility for problems they cause. The customer truly comes last on Mango. Sadly I couldn't rate them a 0 out of 10 here - although that's what their service merits.
RouteDurban to Johannesburg
Date FlownJune 2019

"would certainly not recommend flying with Mango"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Zanzibar to Johannesburg. Besides the convenience of flying straight to Zanzibar I would certainly not recommend flying with Mango at all. Firstly I could not check in online which I was not informed of when booking through the SAA website at the time and since I could not clear immigration as I was in transit I had to forfeit that leg and book another flight where I could check in online. Secondly when I checked in after long queues in Zanzibar, I could not sit with my family due to not being able to check in before the time and the system pre-booked etc. Similarly was the service-their staff on board were unfriendly, listless and came around with things to buy Once - rest of the time they were taking stock and everyone had to step over all the cans to get to the toilet. I sent a query/complaint to Mango and they responded immediately by saying that they were sorry to hear about this and that their Customer Service Department would contact me - sadly after a long time I am still waiting.
RouteZanzibar to Johannesburg