Mango Airlines

"no customer service"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Durban. First time flying with Mango normally SAA or Safair. Flight attendants rude to me, no customer service, not friendly at all. You need to work on your attendants.
Date FlownJune 2020

"No vouchers received to date"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I have booked flights from Durban to Cape Town and this needed to be changed due to the Covid 19 pandemic. I contacted Mango and was informed that vouchers will be sent to accommodate me. No vouchers received to date and numerous emails sent with no response.
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Mango cannot provide a refund"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Durban. I had booked a flight for my elderly parents from Johannesburg to Durban for 19th March 2020 with Mango Air. They were supposed to fly arrive in Johannesburg from Nairobi with Kenya Airways but due to the sudden restrictions placed on the day due to the outbreak for Coronavirus, they were not allowed to board from Nairobi on the Kenya Airways flight. We contacted Mango Air for a refund as this was unforeseen and no our fault. They said they can only provide a voucher to use later and cannot provide a refund. This is really unfair based on the circumstances as they wanted to fly into South Africa and go to Durban before heading onto Dubai with Emirates and then to the UK. We have received notices from both Kenya Airways and Emirates that they will refund the flights or re-route or reschedule them. It is sad that Mango cannot provide a refund as my parents will have to avoid South Africa and fly directly to the UK.
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not received my money back"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Durban. If there was a negative rating I would give it. I tried to make a reservation via mango website, it gave me an error code stating that the flight was in loading and I was unable to book for it. I went to an agent and booked a ticket thinking it was just a system error however when I checked my messages I saw that a charge had gone off for the flight I had tried to book online. I called them to find out what had happened and how I could go about getting the amount refunded I was informed it was a system error and the money would automatically be returned to my account within 48h as I had not received an email to confirm the tickets. It has now been 3days I still have not received my money back and every time I try call them the line cuts out..

"really unacceptable"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Durban to Johannesburg. How pathetic. When I came to the airport they told me the flight is delayed to 21.00. The flight was supposed to be 19.15. Now the flight is delayed again to 23.05. We don't know why or what. Small kids are tired. This is really unacceptable and I will never ever fly Mango airlines again.

"the nicest experience"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Durban to Johannesburg. The Captain flying the plane were superb, guess the nicest experience compared to all my previous experiences. The taking off was top notch the landing was also top notch.
Date FlownMarch 2020

"no notification of the delay "

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Port Elizabeth to Johannesburg. I don’t think I have ever been on a Mango flight that has not been delayed. I received no notification of the delay until I rocked up at the airport at check in time to see an 1:30 delay. I have a very important meeting which I will now miss.
RoutePort Elizabeth to Johannesburg
Date FlownNovember 2019

"no information relayed to us"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Lanseria. I had a 6:10am flight on the morning of the 1st February. However once I was notified to go to my gate, I waited until after 6:30am to see that the pilots and cabin crew were only boarding the plane to prepare it. After waiting another 20mins and having no information relayed to us as passengers, I went and asked what was happening. Only to be told that one of the cabin crew was yet to arrive to work.
RouteCape Town to Lanseria
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"asked to pay for baby items"

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Durban. Terrible! I travelled with my husband and 2 kids. I was told at the airport that I have to pay for additional luggage if I need to take my son's pram and car seat. I explained that their website is in contradiction. The supervisor on duty agreed but still wanted me to pay. I pointed out that an infant who doesn't pay for a ticket gets more baggage allowance than my 4-year-old who I do pay an adult price for? How is that fair. The baby items are statutory and necessary. Still no understanding. I travel extensively and this is the only time in 12 years that I was asked to pay for baby items.
Date FlownDecember 2019

"the card number had worn off"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Johannesburg. The service with baggage check-in was terrible. On the flight itself, the attendants are not helpful - they accept card for payment but have very weird and specific requirements about what type of cards. They did not allow me to use my card because the card number had worn off. The so called "mango rewards" does not actually work - I tried to redeem my rewards 2 days ago and have not received any voucher.
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg