LOT Polish Airlines

"missed my connecting flight"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Amsterdam via Warsaw. The plane from Beirut to Warsaw got delayed a little. So I missed my connecting flight from Warsaw to Amsterdam. Now I am sitting in Warsaw airport waiting for another five hours for another flight to take me to Amsterdam. Oh and they gave me a voucher for a free meal.
RouteBeirut to Amsterdam via Warsaw
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Food was very poor"

Trip Verified | Kiev to Singapore via Warsaw. I bought tickets under promotion. Tickets are cheap. Definitely they cut down on cost. Food was very poor. Rice with chicken was main dish. Rice with ham was as a supplement. Stewards did their job good.
RouteKiev to Singapore via Warsaw

"a journey from hell"

Not Verified | Yerevan to London via Warsaw. We had a journey from hell. Our flight was delayed from Yerevan by over an hour, no explanation was given at the time. Upon arrival in Warsaw, there wasn't a single person to direct or support the passengers who were running around the airport trying to find out what to do next. The airline employees didn't seem to have a clue about anything, I was given free food vouchers and told that I can use them at any airport during my journey which turned out not to be true. The staff at the airport were incredibly rude and unfriendly, pushing passengers around and shouting at them. After I arrived in the UK, I contacted the airline at least 5 times and finally, I received their response after 4 months. They said the delay was due to a passenger becoming unwell on the flight to Yerevan, with no apology or acceptance of any responsibility for lack customer care at the Warsaw airport. This has been the worst airline I have ever travelled with, and wouldn't recommend it. Overall rating is 0, but sadly I can't pick that number.
RouteYerevan to London via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"steer clear of LOT Polish Airlines"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Skopje via Warsaw. Traveling a long haul flight I thought my kids will be the reason I will be exhausted, but they slept and were perfectly behaved both ways to and from Europe. On our way to Skopje the flight was delayed making us miss our connection and they had us have an additional connection (no one was willing to help or even show us where to go to figure everything out, I even asked one of the flight attendants where the transfer center was and he yelled at me: “Not on this airplane” in a condescending voice, while I just wanted to know if anyone would point us to it, since we were already late for our second flight) With kids it wasn’t easy, but the flights themselves were horror. The flight Chicago-Warsaw they brought the bassinet for my infant about 4 hours into the flight, so I was holding her the whole time everyone was eating, I asked for it many times and I was answered later they would give me food and bassinet and I was left hungry. I was never offered water, let alone food. Even while trying to put my carry on and my baby who just started getting up, fell on the floor and me trying to get one of the flight attendants to help (and I’m not saying I’m entitled to special treatment because I travel with children) they still ignored me. The highlight of the whole way to Skopje was Austrian airlines impromptu connection, they were amazing with me and the kids and very accommodating. On our way back to Chicago surprise, surprise the plane was late, yet again. The flight crew was as rude as ever. Some of the flight attendants that belonged to Belgium Airways were nice, but still, the LOT flight attendants looked as if it was a punishment to even be on that flight, as if someone was holding them against their will. I even asked one of the flight attendants if they would hold my infant daughter so I could go to the bathroom, which I was encouraged to do, before boarding, they promised as if they were incredibly kid friendly. Well, I was scolded as a child by a LOT flight attendant that they shouldn’t be doing this and they are not going to help me. He yelled at me as if I offended him. I asked very nicely if he would please or anyone on the flight crew if they were comfortable holding children help me out (one of the Belgium Airlines FA ladies did play and hold my daughter just prior in the flight, and the reason why I felt it would be ok to even ask for this). I am beyond baffled by my experience. Especially because I traveled with United before coming to Chicago and was treated with such dignity and respect, I expected to be treated the same. I honestly thought I never asked for any special treatment, but I literally received no treatment, no respect. The flight crew avoided me like the plague because I had children with me. If you are a family or just a person that feels like you have dignity, steer clear of LOT Polish Airlines.
RouteChicago to Skopje via Warsaw
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"we will look at other options in future"

Trip Verified | Flying from JFK to Budapest and then to Kraków. The flight was good. Stewardess and Steward were very good. The weather in Budapest was bad so we flew around for an hour and then had to detour to Warsaw, which was okay safety first. But when we arrived at Warsaw they had tickets for a connection to Kraków. We ran to the terminal and the gate was closed. Did forget to mention that we were with someone that worked with LOT Polish Airlines. The airplane was there but would not let us board. So then we run to the customer service desk, to find a cheese sandwich and another 3 hour wait. We usually fly LOT Polish Airlines but the lack of empathy means we will look at other options in future.
RouteNew York JFK to Krakow

"Fully satisfied"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Katowice to Warsaw with LOT Polish Airlines. The flight and the service was smooth and efficient. The plane clean, the stewardesses nice and helpful. Everything on time. Fully satisfied, the flight experience up to my expectations.
RouteKatowice to Warsaw

"Comfortable quick hop"

Trip Verified | Very pleased with ground and in-flight services. LOT staff checked me in and issued boarding passes for onward Aegean flights. Comfortable quick hop from Gdansk to Warsaw with complimentary drinks and snack.
RouteGdansk to Warsaw

"There was no leg room"

Trip Verified | New York to Tel Aviv via Warsaw. I have a serious complaint about the Warsaw to Tel Aviv leg. The Boeing 737-800 seat map for business class shows a 2 x2 configuration which led me to believe it's a real business class seat. In fact, it's a 3x3 and the airline didn't even keep the middle seat empty. There was no leg room - configured like a charter plane. When complaining about this to Lot, I got atheanswer that as per the fine print, they can change planes.
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv via Warsaw
Date FlownNovember 2019

"could hear racist slurs"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Warsaw. Staff on the flight behaving as if it’s a punishment to work there. No smile, no attention, no involvement. Extremely cheap and poor food, be ready to eat something before you fly. Asked for an additional glass (!) of wine, the stewardess looked at me and completely ignored my request. Able to understand Polish, I could hear racist slurs from staff towards Indian passengers. Avoid at all cost.
RouteDelhi to Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2019

"left her alone at the luggage pick up"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Toronto. I ordered special assistance with wheelchair for 86 years old mother and she doesn't speak English. They left her alone at the luggage pick up section, didn't say nothing. My mother was left for 2 hours and assistant left her. It was such terrible time for my family waiting outside of Pearson pick up passengers. We were not allow to get in, we were asking all the airport staff about her, they just kept telling us to wait.
RouteWarsaw to Toronto