LOT Polish Airlines

"employee didn’t accept her luggage"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | My wife evacuated from Ukraine yesterday. Today at 7 a.m. on registration, LOT employee didn’t accept her luggage, 33 kg, when she was allowed to bring 2 x 32 kg. She was exhausted and stressed and you made her reorganize her luggage because of 1kg? Are we talking about business class service? Other companies can let you in even with +2-4 kg.
RouteWarsaw to Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2022

"never flying with them again"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | I flew with them from Istanbul to Gothenburg via Warsaw, and the cabin crew were really rude, barely welcomed us, and just didn't look so thrilled to be there. Another thing that bothered me was that there were no pictures/videos allowed. I don't know if it's a rule/policy in the airline LOT, but for some reason you are not allowed to take pictures or film the cabin crew or the plane in general. They got really defensive when they saw someone filming and came right at them and told them to delete it immediately. And not in a nice way. When i landed in Warsaw i had a flight the next hour to Gothenburg, and i had to hurry. When we got there, the ground crew sent many people back to take a COVID- test, it didn't matter if you we're vaccinated or not. We tried to tell them that our flight was going in 30 minutes, but they didn't care and only responded with 'that's not my problem'. There was a massive line and our flight was now in a tight schedule, soon to takeoff. We skipped the line as well as some other people that had the same flight as us. The covid test didn't take long and the results came in about 5-10 minutes. Until then our flight was in 15 minutes, and we had to stress through security and the airport to go to our gate. Horrible experience and never flying with them again.
RouteIstanbul to Gothenburg via Warsaw
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"very unprofessional employees"

Not Verified | The staff during my trip was nice and helpful. I fly by myself with my 8 month old baby. But the connected flight I went through the hell. Airport in Warsaw the worst airport ever, the employees are so rude and very unprofessional. They speak only Polish and who cares that they work in airport. We needed to run like crazy to catch connected flight, no one helped me to take the stroller to the planed ,I needed to go through the stair with baby and the stroller. They also do another check in and the gentleman spins only Polish language and it took us so much time to pass control because he could barely talk. Horrible airport, horrible transfer, very unprofessional employees, rude staff in the airport.
RouteChicago to Kiev via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"an excellent combination of professionalism and sincerity, warmth"

Not Verified | I had a flight on January 10 2022, Vilnius - Warsaw - New York. Want to thank the nice team of flight attendants who assisted our side. It was an excellent combination of professionalism and sincerity, warmth. I'm sure the rest of big team share the same qualities. After Finnair cancelled a flight day before these wonderful ladies make my trip less tense. Big thanks to the young lady and the young man at the service desk who assisted me with my personal request at the departing gate and make my flight comfortable. I don't have high expectations for food on the plane - surprise - dinner was fresh and tasted nice.
RouteVilnius to Warsaw via New York
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever, the flight from Munich to Warsaw was average, nothing special, but the 'fun' started with the flight from Warsaw to Lviv. The flight was delayed by 1 hour and during that delay the gates were changed 3 times. We were behind schedule by about 1h30m when we finally took off, but it seemed that the captain decided to catch up a schedule and the flight took about 45m instead of 1h10m. The crew almost ran and pelted the passengers with snacks because they couldn't keep up.
RouteMunich to Lviv via Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2021

"not very positive anymore on LOT"

Trip Verified | The flight from Amsterdam to Chisinau went very good no remarks. The return flight which was scheduled for 6th January 2022 gave lots of problems, When arriving (21 December 2021) at Chisinau airport I received an email from LOT that my return flight was cancelled and that I had to contact LOT. So I did and was invited to change the date of my return flight. I changed to 7th January 2022 same flight (LOT514) but I was unable to check-in online. I got the answer that LOT had no booking of me and my wife. So the flight to WAW is scheduled to leave at 2.35 PM today and I am still not sure that we have a seat on this flight. I tried for hours to contact LOT but to no avail. I really don't know wat to do. So we are stuck in Moldova for the moment and we are not very positive anymore on LOT Polish Airlines.
RouteAmsterdam to Chisinau via Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2021

"It was my first and last time flying LOT"

Trip Verified | I am appalled by how poor the customer service was with this airline. Poor communication and attitude by staff. A few observations during my round trip travel from NY to Hamburg. Hardly any of the staff initiated a smile or smiled back - I did not once hear staff say “you’re welcome”. I consistently said “thank you” with each helpful interaction, and it’s lovely and polite to return with “you’re welcome” -staff looked inconvenienced when you asked for help - no communication on boarding process. People were crowding around the gate and when I did not follow the expectations on how to board (which was not communicated), the gate agent literally yelled at me in front of other passengers. It was embarrassing. It was my first and last time flying LOT. I would recommend paying more to fly with an airline that values customer service.
RouteHamburg to Newark via Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Worst possible customer service"

Trip Verified | The worst company. Canceled the original flight. And then after I hot tested positive for Covid and was refused refund. Worst possible customer service, awful flight. The flight attendants are rude. The company employees are all incompetent.
RouteLos Angeles to Yerevan via Warsaw
Date FlownJune 2021

"Seat comfort excellent"

Trip Verified | Very good covid measurements. Seat comfort excellent, newer planes than western airlines. Food and drinks are reasonable. Approximately 50% fare savings in comparison with other airlines. The only issue is that Warsaw airport weather can cause delays: 1h delay on the second flight. The airport has a very well structured covid border control and easy transit.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteBucharest to Vilnius via Warsaw

"Very Good airline"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Very Good airline, professional cabin crew. Very good service and punctual. Excellent covid measurements .
AircraftDhc-8 400 Series