LOT Polish Airlines

"tired of airlines not really caring"

Trip Verified | On staff at counter for check in, no information on gate, no information on boarding, boarding late, no explanation, airlines seem to for get the hundreds of people time, is not there time, this flight had no reason to not board on time aircraft has been at gate for hours. Really tired of airlines not really caring.
RouteChicago to Warsaw
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"positive about the whole flight"

Trip Verified | Very positive about the whole flight. Still they served a glass of water and cup of tea or coffee plus a small snack. I have read many negative reports about LOT, but this time I had the impression flying with a premium airline, giving a reasonable service on a short haul flight.
AircraftEmbraer
RouteWarsaw to Frankfurt

"I missed the flight"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Worse airline ever with no care about the passengers! I had a ticket with this airline, I missed the flight and I didn't fly with this flight, however I was just there 3, 4 minutes far from the gate. The corresponding people didn't call my name, I didn't hear anything, otherwise I could just run to arrive to the gate for boarding, and even when I arrived there they didn't say anything, so I just thought the flight has delay. Then I asked people standing at the gate myself and they said boarding is closed now. I asked them for a help or rebooking the flight or even giving me a phone number to call the airline, they didn't help at all. Then I found a number myself and called LOT customer service, they also didn't help me at all. They could rebook the flight for the same day or even another day which is the least that every airline does that for their passengers but LOT customer service didn't do that. I had to spend a lot of money and time that day at the airport because of this. This airline has no customer service to help passengers and they actually don't care about the passengers and their money and time at all. I will never buy a ticket from this airline.
RouteDüsseldorf to Oslo via Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Worst airline I have flown"

(Romania)

Trip Verified |  Worst airline I have flown with: they lost one luggage on the departure flight Dec 30, 2022 and did not provide any information about its whereabouts until the date of the return flight (8 days later). On the return flight we have spent the transit in Warsaw going from one LOT office to another without being able to get any information about the missing luggage. Also Warsaw airport services are very poor - security check operates with poor technology - passengers are asked to take off their shoes (never seen in European airports for quite a number of years now), passport control officers are unprofessional.
RouteBucharest to Geneve via Warsaw
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"nobody wanted to reschedule our still valid tickets"

Not Verified | We flew several years with LOT. There was nothing special, a lot of small delays caused by the not optimal organisation at Warsaw Airport (for example only 1 stairs instead of 2, which results in longer boarding & deboarding). Problems started as we had 4 tickets for us and other family members in 2021, as LOT Polish Airlines cancelled the connection. We were promised by the call centre agent of LOT that we can use these tickets when LOT starts to fly this route again, instead of refund. LOT was very happy that we didn´t want our money back due to the financial situation in Covid times. As they started to fly again in August 2022 nobody wanted to reschedule our still valid tickets. Surprising was the attitude, how call agents treat customers: arrogantly and dismissive. At first they wanted the conversation log, but as we gave them all this details, they suddenly stopped answering. We had a nice employee, who understood our feelings and wanted to help, promised a call back, but he never called again. We booked our tickets via online travel service so LOT refuses to pay as the amount back. But: due to EU Commission regulations LOT has to refund the full amount, independently of the place of purchase. Finally the situation is as follows: The online agency charges per person 40 Euro while refund = 80 Euro per ticket = 160 Euro per 2 tickets. Why should we pay for the cancellation by the airline?
AircraftERJ170
RouteStuttgart to Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2022

"flight was delayed for 1h55m"

(South Korea)

Not Verified | I was on a flight from Korea to Tel Aviv via Warsaw. A few hours before departure, I received a text message saying that the flight was delayed for 1 hour and 55 minutes, and as a result, I missed my second flight and ended up spending more than 8 hours in Warsaw. My fellow passengers and I were disabled people who use wheelchair services and suffered a lot.
RouteIncheon to Tel Aviv via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"worst airline I have ever flown with"

Trip Verified | This was the worst airline I have ever flown with, the staff were miserable and not particularly friendly. They don't allow enough time between their own connecting flights and blame you for delaying the next flight when their first flight showed up late. On our flight our luggage also never made it to our final destination and LOT never took any action. They told us that we need to speak to the baggage handler and not them. The baggage handler told us to contact LOT and after hours on hold at our own cost since they only have polish numbers to call, they just tell us there is nothing they can do and that we should wait. Well 4 months later and we still haven't received our bag and there hasn't even been an acknowledgement or apology from the airline. When you call the call centre they say, they have no way of checking the status and you should send them an email. I have sent 5 emails with no response to any of them over a 4 month period and every time the customer support staff say they will tell the email support to respond and of course there is no change. We were also told to call Warsaw lost and found who again say to speak to LOT as it's their responsibility. We will never fly LOT again and would strongly encourage anyone else considering it to avoid at all costs.
RouteAmsterdam to Yerevan via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"service was horrendous and atrocious"

Trip Verified | They cancelled our flight 2 weeks after booking without any notice, 4 months later we anticipated to take the flight and because we didn't know about the cancellation until the day before, we had to take a 23 hour flight (original was 12 hours) which included 2 layovers and overnight. 3 months later we have not received any communication about a refund for the expenses incurred during this long flight. Customer service was horrendous and atrocious, they hung up on me and gave us awful options for the flight. Wouldn't even give us a free seat.
RouteDubrovnik to Los Angeles via Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2022

"no update nor refund for a claim"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | After denying my wife from flying, due to a change of the airplane, they didn't propose her some alternative nor give her refund for her flight nor compensation as per the EU Regulation (EC) No 261/2004. We wrote to customer service , to claim department, but no update nor refund for a claim since 15.10.2022.
RoutePrague to Chicago via Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2022

"It was a nightmare"

Not Verified | It was terrible. I have taken this airline which is YYZ to WAW (LO046). It was a night flight and I was taking window seat (J29). It was terrible flight ever to me. I was so uncomfortable and so mad while the flying. After finished meal service, almost lights in passengers’ area were turned off for making passengers feel comfortable to fall asleep. In the situation, I needed water and have pushed calling crew button. However, any crew didn’t come and check me. It has been turned crew calling light on more than 30 minutes. (The calling crew light was bright on still.) Actually, I could see crews’ area from my seat. Even though passenger is calling crew, they were just talking each other and never check passengers’ area. That seems they just enjoy the quiet time. I know I could visit crews’ area and ask them to give me a cup of water. However, other passenger was sleeping on my next seat. I didn’t want to wake him wake up. Therefore I was just waiting for the crew comes to me and help. After 30 minutes, this plane faced to turbulence and seat belts sign were on. Finally, crew came out from crews’ area. It was just for locking toilet. When the crew was going back, I said “Excuse me” loudly for calling her. She didn’t check me, even though some passengers woke up because of my loud voice. Therefore I shout “Excuse me” little bit more loudly again. Then, she came to me and asked to help. I was so mad in that time. It was a nightmare.
RouteToronto to Oslo via Warsaw