LOT Polish Airlines

"never fly this airline"

Not Verified | Most of the premium seats are in terrible condition and broken. Was offered a replacement that was a less broken seat, and the crew ended up giving the seat to someone to another passenger and that passenger decided to start an argument with me and crew decided to go along with it. I was told this is not America, these are Polish rules. I told the staff that I was going to email corporate, but they stated they don't care. What an unbelievable experience. By FAR the worst in my entire life and I travel a lot. I sent an email to corporate, but they gave a scripted response that was terrible and basically stated that we are not responsible for our bad behavior passengers. That wasn't the point. What about the premium seats that work broken? I listed three times in the email but they didn't respond or care about it and it make the situation even more comical, the seats on the return flight also broken! Please, never fly this airline and avoid at all costs.
RouteChicago to Warsaw
Date FlownJune 2024

"tv screen was not working"

Trip Verified | My tv screen was not working. I keep on asking crew about it they told me that after giving drinks service they will look into it. After 1.30 min I told them that they must do something about it. Crew told me tat they have tried but they are sorry they cant do anything about it. They offer me a small shot of polish vodka free of cost from skybar as they feel sorry about my trouble. Mine was a 6 hour flight my seat number was 12 b. I have spend 6 hours without any entertainment. I keep on trying to on the tv screen. In the end I just gave up. I feel if I have taken Qatar Airways in place of LOT maybe I will be better. On our LOT flight beer was finished and there was no alcoholic drinks served. Food was very normal and the crew simply does not care about passengers. They keep on doing there meal service & they will come back to you when they are free. Overall if you have choice of airlines then don't go for lot. One more thing the line at Warsaw Airport for passport holders was too long it take 1 hour for us to get a stamp. Honestly that's a very slow service.
RouteWarsaw to Delhi
Date FlownJuly 2024

"Really bad experience"

Trip Verified | LOT has cancelled my connecting flight to from Krakow to Warsaw at the last minute. I had to pay over $300.00 to get from Krakow to Warsaw by Taxi to make the return flight to Newark, USA. LOT refunded me $62.00 for the cancelation with no option to question or contest the amount. Really bad experience. Don't bother with this airline. Use other airlines to travel to Poland.
RouteKrakow to Newark via Warsaw
Date FlownJune 2024

"don't want to refund the full amount"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Last year, I flew LOT, and was stuck in the airport in LAX for 1,5 days. LOT kept on delaying and canceling the flight. Finally they got us home. This was due to technical issues. Today I am supposed to fly to Miami, but yesterday at 1715, they canceled the flight. I spend 6 hours on the phone trying to get through to them and finding a solution. All they would offer is a flight in 3 days from now. And to wait 2 days I Warzaw. I wanted to cancel the ticket and get my money back, but they don't want to refund the full amount because they offered me a flight in 3 days. I can only say. Don't fly with them. They call themselves an airline, but in reality they don't fly anywhere. I ended up buying new tickets with a real airline, and I do go today as planned. But to a different destination and at a higher cost plus LOT don't even want to refund my money. This airline is one big scam. Steal your money and never flies you anywhere, and if you want your money back from the flight they never did, then they also steal a part of that. If you want to fly anywhere, don't use LOT.
RouteRzeszów to Miami via Warsaw
Date FlownJuly 2023

“a great flight with LOT”

(Norway)

Trip Verified | This was not my first time flying with LOT, and any previous flights with them has been quite good. This one was no exception, I therefore wanted to write this review. To give them a little credit. Firstly, the booking site has gone through some upgrades since last time, something that I was very happy to see. The ticket price was also not that bad (for a legacy airline), and cheaper than KLM or Lufthansa I could have flown on this route. As far as I am concerned you can find affordable prices on LOT even a few days prior to departure. The price you pay and the value you get on board LOT is also comparable, and in my opinion much better than other large European legacy carriers. For example: - I was offered to check in my carry-on baggage free of charge at the check-in counter, something that was a pleasant surprise - You actually get a decent onboard complimentary service, even on the domestic part of the journey, with several drinks for you to choose, and a savoury or sweet bun. - Comfortable and spacious seat with power outlets and a decent recline but I have to admit that there were things that could be better: - We had a bus-boarding in both Wroclaw and in Warsaw. That is of course nothing special, especially in the rush-hours at polish airports. However, all the passengers from an Embraer was squished into a small bus, something that wasn’t exactly comfortable in 30*C. I would have expected that on Ryanair or Wizzair, but I have to admit that I was a little surprised that this was a normal procedure at LOT too. And of course, I can’t wait for LOT to get their new planes, as they really could need a little upgrade to make the overall experience even better. All in all, a great flight with LOT, highly recommended.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteWroclaw to Oslo via Warsaw
Date FlownJune 2024

“the price is reasonable”

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | It was really nice. The flight attendants were kind and welcomed with laughter. The AVOD was great. I remember that the in-flight meal was really delicious and the snack bar later served Shin Ramen for free. Most of all, I want to compliment LOT Polish Airlines because the price is reasonable. At that time, I was going to Budapest, Warsaw, and Incheon, and the price of Korean Air's flight ticket was 3 million won, while LOT was 1.5 million won, half of that.
RouteIncheon to Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2023

“Poor and rude customer service”

Trip Verified | Firstly, they cancelled our flight and gave a new date almost a week later. And on day of my flight it got delayed for more than 4 hours and when I reached Poland for my connecting flight, they said now we have to wait for more 24 hours for next flight. Poor and rude customer service. And they havent provided any accomodation , no food.
RoutePoland to Toronto

"An efficient airline"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | First flight departed on time despite late arrival from previous destination. Boarding fast and efficient. Seats with enough leg space (no emergency exit seats on this small aircraft). Cabin crew polite, they served snack and water or tea. Short connection in Warsaw, but they managed to transfer the luggage as well. The second leg departed on time, same seats, same service. An efficient airline.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteVilnius to Bucharest via Warsaw

"frustrating and unacceptable"

Trip Verified | Our flight has been delayed by over an hour. No reason or apology provided to the passengers. This is really very frustrating and unacceptable - I will not be recommending the airline.
RouteWarsaw to Geneva
Date FlownJune 2024

"Cabin crew polite and friendly"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Boarding in Bucharest by bus, flight in time. Aircraft with new-ish look, 2-2 seat arrangement. Cabin crew polite and friendly, served a snack and water/coffee during the flight. No charging facilities, no WiFi. Arrived ahead of schedule. A nice surprise from LOT.
AircraftEmbraer