LOT Polish Airlines

"never ever choose this company"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Larnaca via Warsaw. Very upset on the company, 3h before my flight I get a call from a lady begging me to change the flight with another company because the connection one was fully booked, I am saying no because we had only 50 min in between the flights and that was very risky, In the end we accept and we take another flight. She said we will get a compensation of 200 € right away as a compensation. We take the other flight we almost missed the connection one, we start our holiday over stressed and exhausted. 3 months after we still didn't got our compensation, and I called them today just to hear that someone is on the case and I will hear from them in a few days, but nothing about when we will receive the compensation. So thank you Lot Airlines, we for sure never ever choose this company or recommend it.
RouteCopenhagen to Larnaca via Warsaw
Date FlownJuly 2019

"by far the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Warsaw. This is by far the worst airline to go through. Terribly rude service, no wifi, old plane, food is horrible. On top of all that lost 3 luggages. Now I'm waiting for them to still find them and send them to me. Please take my advice if you can afford the +$100 difference with different airline like Swiss or Lufthansa do it, they are truly amazing to fly with.
RouteChicago to Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"worst airline I've ever flown"

(Slovakia)

Not Verified | Budapest to New York via Warsaw. The worst airline I've ever flown. I do highly not recommended this company. The ground service in Budapest was terribly unfriendly and arrogant staff. They cancel our flight 30 hours before departure from New York back home. The service is very poor.
RouteBudapest to New York via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"way below Singapore Airlines"

Not Verified | LOT Polish Airlines, Singapore to Warsaw in business class. Flight on time, seats were 2-2-2 in 787 Dreamliner. Flatbed. Food and drinks ok. Service: just ok, way below Singapore Airlines. I had to make my bed, spread the white sheet on seat by myself, that would never happen on Singapore, Thai etc. Will fly again only if price is significantly cheaper.
RouteSingapore to Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I was able to sleep comfortably"

Not Verified | Toronto to Lviv via Warsaw. After reading all of the negative reviews of this airline, I wasn't expecting very good service, but that certainly was not the case. We has a short delay in Toronto but arrived at our destination on time. so that I could catch my connecting flight. The seating configuration is 2-2-2 and the seats are an ample width and fold down so they are completely flat for sleeping. We were provided with a blanket, pillow and sheet and I was able to sleep comfortably for about 5 hours on this night flight. Attendants provided excellent service and the food was nicely presented and quite good. They also offered a good selection of beverages. All in all, I would put LOT on par with the other major European carriers and Air Canada, but certainly below the Asian ones.
RouteToronto to Lviv via Warsaw

"almost always late"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Brussels. I like this airline except, for one thing, it is almost always late. I have missed more connections with LOT than all other airlines combined. You should always plan for this airline to be late and plan accordingly. They just can not get it together.
RouteWarsaw to Brussels

"tried to overcharge us"

Trip Verified | Lviv to Prague via Warsaw. It was the worst experience we had with an airline. Very rude from their team in Ukraine, they tried to overcharge us with their check-in luggage options with very unfriendly manners. Then on the second flight their team and one the managers were extremely rude forcing everyone to check in their carry on. !
RouteLviv to Prague via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Simply call it late airline"

Not Verified | İstanbul to Toronto via Warsaw. Simply call it late airline. I read lots of negative reviews about their delays and still made the mistake of buying my ticket from them. Also their old screens were not working. I recommend you pay a few dollars more and buy your ticket from another airline instead of this bad airline
Routeİstanbul to Toronto via Warsaw

"empty seats all around"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Warsaw. This was a decent flight. The boarding was organized and the cabin crew was polite. The movie selection is impressive if you are into art house cinema. There were empty seats all around, so it was a comfortable flight even on economy class. Food selection did not include vegetarian options by default, which I found odd.
RouteToronto to Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"has the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Warsaw. LOT has the worst customer service. We couldn't make our June 25th ORD to WAW flight and called LOT's customer service before the flight left to rebook for the next day. After waiting on hold for at least 40 minutes, our June 25th flight departed and LOT automatically cancelled our flights. LOT's customer service then said they could not rebook since our reservations were through a travel agency and the agency would have to do it. They also stated the LOT ORD ticket counter could help us the next day. So on June 26th, we were the first in-line and was given to the ORD supervisor. After doing some research, the supervisor said he could rebook us on the 5:30 pm flight that day for an extra charge of about $500/person due to change fees and fare difference (we had 5 people so $2500 in total). We agreed then waited at least an hour before the supervisor came from the LOT back room and ultimately said the 5:30 pm flights were no longer available but he could book us on the 9:30 pm flights for the same $2500 extra charge. We agreed then waited another 1-2 hours before the supervisor came from the back room saying the 9:30 pm flights were only available to us at full fares for 4 Economy and 1 Premium ($7300 in total) since he had to create new one-way reservations to keep the return flights in tact. At that point, we had no choice but to pay $7300. By the time BB made our new reservations, we were the last people waiting at the LOT ORD ticket counter or 5 hours later. We are very disappointed and angry at LOT and the supervisor for our $4800 in extra cost and time, and LOT's ineffective and inflexible processes and poor handling of a common airline situation. I've traveled many times over the years for business both domestically and internationally and LOT has the worst customer service and inefficient process/ systems. To top it off, LOT didn't respond to my formal complaint submitted via their website until I filed a complaint with the US BBB.
RouteChicago to Warsaw