LOT Polish Airlines

"flight has been rescheduled without informing me"

(Poland)

Not Verified | My flight Skopje-Warsaw has been rescheduled for the next day without informing me (literally no email, sms nor information in the passenger space). Now I learn about this on the day of the flight. I was supposed to take another flight Warsaw-Paris tomorrow few. Now, with the hour you are suggesting, I won't make it for this flight. According to their webpage I am entitled to change the flight route but the staff tell me I can't.
RouteSkopje to Warszawa
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I will never travel again with LOT"

Trip Verified | On both trips the lost my baggage, on the way to Tirana they brought the baggage 4 days later. On the way back to Toronto i haven't received it yet. Very unorganized airline, service at best is mediocre. I will never travel again with LOT.
RouteTirana to Toronto via Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I'd definitely go with them again"

Trip Verified | The flight attendants were all nice and even though I hadn't ordered vegetarian food in advance, it's what I ended up getting anyway. The food was good and after the long flight from Los Angeles to Warsaw, I took a much smaller plane from Warsaw to Paris. Even though this flight was only a couple of hours, they gave us snacks and drinks. And again, they were super nice and the service was great. My only complaints are that the seats were a bit hard (so bringing a cushion or using an extra blanket would help) and on the long flight, I couldn't charge my phone with the outlet on the seat. But these things were minor and I'd definitely go with them again.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris via Warsaw

"a delightful experience"

Not Verified | We have had nothing but a delightful experience, despite a missed connection in Warsaw. In flight, staff were professional and friendly. Food was good to very good and excellent beverage selection. Terrific coffee. The cabin was very comfortable. Our flight attendants knew we missed our connection and went out of their way to make sure we knew where to go once we got off the plane. The transfer desk staff were overwhelmed when we arrived so we went to the business lounge. The attendant there confirmed that we had been rerouted to Istanbul then to Tbilisi. We asked if we could instead spend the night in Warsaw and fly direct to Tbilisi the next day. We were surprised to be accommodated especially as we were given a voucher for a great hotel and meal vouchers there. We would happily have paid our own way. We then asked if it was possible to retrieve our checked luggage and were directed to LOT’s office in the baggage area. Staff there also proved to be helpful and pleasant. While I expected to wait an hour for our luggage to be retrieved, we were out in 10 minutes with our bags. I should add that you might not want to believe everything you read about Warsaw Chopin either. From security to passport control to random employees from whom we asked for directions, we were met with kindness and professionalism. I would definitely fly LOT again.
RouteToronto to Tbilisi via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"a pleasant, comfortable experience"

Not Verified | After the disappointing reviews about LOT, we lowered our expectations to a minimum. As it turns out, it was a pleasant, comfortable experience from start to finish. The flight was slightly delayed by 45 minutes of which 25 minutes were made up en route. The service was impeccable. The seats are one or two generations back, reminding us of 777 biz class seating 5 years ago but clean. The food was fine, not great but not bad. Another delightful surprise awaited us at Warsaw airport. We had read about lines for immigration to get to connecting flights but were amazed to exit our gate, turn left, walk a couple of hundred meters and find ourselves at our next gate! All In all, a good experience.
RouteToronto to Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"The worst experience of my life"

Trip Verified | The worst experience of my life. Delays on all four of my flights. They lost my luggage on the way to my destination and back again. I was without luggage for over a week. No response to emails or claims. No compensation. I was sitting away from my husband who was on the same booking! Outrageous service both on board of the plane and online. They are one big scam and waste of money, time and health.
RouteBeirut to London via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"worst experience I have ever had"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | The worst experience I have ever had. They lost my baggage during my transfer in Warsaw and destroyed it. There was a lot of expensive stuff inside, and nothing perishable as they claimed. I will never use this airline again, even if I have to pay several times more for a ticket.
RouteKrakow to Paris via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"received seats in 3 different rows"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | This was my last flight with this airline. One reservation ID with 3 people there (under 1 last name) and we received seats in 3 different rows. Of course you can choose seats by paying extra money in advance but if you don't do this you will be seated in different parts of the plane. Even contact with customer care did not help. And what's more: we were not the only ones impacted by this "algorithm". Even children with parents had seats not close to each other. This was 9 hours flight.
RouteWarsaw to New York
Date FlownAugust 2022

"No proper customer care"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Warsaw via Delhi. Try to avoid this airline as much as possible. No proper customer care, rude staff at airport. Denied boarding at Berlin airport because of delayed check-in process (received boarding pass 40 mins before flying) and delayed security check even we arrived 3 hrs advance to the airport, due to this we missed our connecting flight to Delhi and whole booking was cancelled including return ticket. When I asked your customer support team (after 50 mins waiting time), they're simply saying just book another ticket as LOT Polish Airlines will take 7 to 30 days (sometimes much more time) to respond to customer complaints. No staff at airport to respond to customer complaints, you need to reach out to their customer service, which will take ages to connect. I never had such kind of experience with any other airlines. Sorry to say that LOT Polish Airlines is having the poor customer support/service. One of the worst airlines I ever travelled.
RouteBerlin to Warsaw via Delhi
Date FlownJuly 2022

LOT Polish Airlines customer review

(Albania)

Not Verified | Tirana to Toronto via Warsaw. LOT is the worst company I have ever dealt with, here’s why: 1. I was planning my trip back to Ukraine from Tirana to see my parents, it takes me 40 minutes to get to the airport from the other city by taxi, which I paid 40€ for. Once the check in started and it was my turn, I was told, that they will NOT board me on the flight. Mind you, no emails were sent whatsoever. I was told to call LOT for further info, their office never answers, anytime you call you minimum will be the 45th in the queue. I had my whole route planned, my second flight from Warsaw was departing 2 hours later, my bus reservations made from Poland to Ukraine, one after another. As a compensation they gave me the worst hotel room possible, very dirty and old, and also I was called from an anonymous number and told I can pick up 250€ in their office, which I did. 2. I decided to ask about my trip with them for later on This month to Canada from Albania, I have a cat I’m taking with me, which I couldn’t register through their website, their form just doesn’t go through. It happened once before once I used their company, but I ended up just paying for my cat in their office on the day of the flight with absolutely no issue. I told them I wanted to register my cat right now (this is occurring 4 weeks before the flight, I purchased the ticket a month prior to the flight), which they told me they DONT HAVE ANY PLACES FOR ANIMALS ON BOARD ANYMORE. Despite me pleading and saying that they can take their compensation back but just let me take my cat because an extra 4 kg will not harm them, and just make an exception for me, because they completely destroyed my trip, it was pointless, and no other option was offered other than paying an extra of 600$ to upgrade to business class so I can take my cat (apparently there are places for animals there), they claimed they didn’t have any places for animals on flights till the very end of the month, and even first days of October, so no other option was available. After me saying that the form on their website doesn’t work so I couldn’t have possibly registered my cat, I was told that they have a claim section on their website I can go to… I was in total shock because so much was happening already with my trip being messed up and me having to rebook everything, (still haven’t gotten my refund for buses I canceled and had to buy new ones), and now they told me I can’t take my cat! I understand that the people working there are robots, because they deal with customers, but you have to be completely heartless if I’m saying I can’t leave my cat because there’s nobody in that country that I know and just crying because of how helpless and lost I felt. 3.I filed for a refund and landed money to buy another ticket from another company immediately, because the later it gets the more expensive are the tickets. ONE WEEK IN NO EMAIL was sent to me confirming they have received my claim, (and their website says you can’t file more than once, or they won’t look into your claim at all). I Was told that it’s not 100% that my ticket is refundable, depending on the type of the ticket I purchased, gladly it was the refundable one but still!!! How is it possible you have tickets that are non refundable if I want to return them almost a month before the flight??? It IS MY MONEY. And the amount was 600$+. I came down their office once again to ask about my refund and when I’ll be receiving it, they told me 60 days, SIXTY!!!!!!
RouteTirana to Toronto via Warsaw