Kuwait Airways

"reasonably good airline"

Trip Verified | I took my first Kuwait Airways flight on 3 January 2018, from Delhi (DEL) to New York (JFK) via Kuwait (change of plane), and a so-called technical stop at Shannon, Ireland. I had read all horror stories of reviewers related to Kuwait Airways as well as Kuwait Airport and was apprehensive. But, having experienced my first trip, I found that this is a reasonably good airline. Both my flights (DEL-KWI and KWI-JFK) had European stewardesses and they were well trained, professional, and helpful. The food offered on board was really good that exceeded my expectations. I had requested special meals, and I got my meals. What they can do better is that, on the KWI-JFK flight, which is actually 8+8 hours' flights with Shannon as the mid-point, they should frequently offer water to the passengers. Both flights were the wide-bodied Boeing 777 with 3+3+3 configuration in the economy class, which is quite comfortable (the Emirates cramps this 3+4+3 configuration). The toilets were reasonably clean throughout, although, the number of toilets should be increased, given the size of the plane. The worst part of the trip was the stopover at Shannon - both the act itself and the lack of correct information thereof. I was told at Delhi that this will be a technical stop, and the stewardesses said that the plane will stop at Shannon for a maximum of one and a half hours. However, the reality was totally different. All the passengers were ordered to get out of the plane at Shannon with their belongings in the cabin. Then, a long line for security check. The security staff manually checked the cabin bags of the passengers and then put them into the X-Ray machine. This was a time-consuming affair and the airport authorities had already allocated three and a half hours for this exercise. As result, the plane arrived in New York two and a half hours behind schedule and caused inconvenience to all passengers. I am sure that stopping at Shannon is not a decision of Kuwait Airways. There is nothing to hide about this on the part of Kuwait Airways, and they should give correct information to their passengers. Another unpleasant and time consuming affair was at Kuwait airport itself, for "profiling" the passengers of the US-bound flight. They don't notify the passengers at the source airport of this exercise. So, when passengers line up for boarding, they are told to get the profiling clearance. In the process, there is routine delays for the departure of the New York bound plane.
RouteDelhi to New York via Kuwait
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"not worth the cheap ticket"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to New York via Kuwait / Shannon. This is the worst airline I have experienced. The flight attendants never answered our questions directly. They never replied when we asked if this was a direct flight to New York. When I asked how long we would we stay at Shannon airport before taking off for New York, the flight attendant just told me that no one is leaving this airport and that they needed to clean the plane. I asked to use the restroom and was told that there was no restroom at this particular area of the airport until we went through another security check after we just got off the plane. We already went through 2 security checks prior to boarding the plane in Bangkok. I had a pat down, a baggage check, and electronic check but apparently that was not enough. They separated me from my boyfriend and told me that I had to go through the longer security check at Shannon airport! I have had it with this airline. It is not worth the cheap ticket.
RouteBangkok to New York via Kuwait / Shannon
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Passengers are so frustrated"

Trip Verified | Dhaka to London via Kuwait. I am writing this after huge frustration the flight was supposed to take the of Friday morning 01.20 local time (Dhaka). After the intervention of passengers they decided to take them to hotel and bought back only to sit them around the terminal without any updates on flights. Surely you organise the flight before you bring them back to the airport. Again they are having to go without food without any information there isn’t any proper facility for bathroom use. Passengers are so frustrated that they are resulting in argument before any information is given to them.
RouteDhaka to London via Kuwait
Date FlownDecember 2017

"the food was delicious"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Kuwait to Dubai. I traveled in First class with the new Boeing 777-300 that was really amazing, check in smoothly without trouble. Stewards are nice. Entertainment system had a lot of channels, the food was delicious. The Wifi was expensive.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteKuwait to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2017

"worst customer service staff"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Delhi via Kuwait. One of the worst customer service staff. I booked my ticket through skyscanner with a long stopover (more than 8 hours) returning back from Frankfurt and going back to Delhi. On approaching the check-in desk, I was informed that I have to pay 110 euros more to get a boarding pass as I need to have a hotel booking at the Airport hotel. I had no option or no flight for me. I was helpless in a foreign country. I had to pay and the hotel was too bad. Renovation noise disturbed me a lot. Now I have written to Kuwait Airways many times but they won't refund my money. Why nobody on my outward journey bothered to ask me to show the booking for my return? Why before booking my ticket these rules were not in the instructions?
RouteFrankfurt to Delhi via Kuwait
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Will definitely fly again"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Kuwait to London. Enjoyed the flight specially my kids the crew was very attentive, helpful and the seating was specious also leg area the entertainment was good with the option of listening to Quran. Will definitely fly again in Kuwait Airways during summer vacation.
RouteKuwait to London
Date FlownDecember 2017

"the aircraft was not clean"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | My flight with Kuwait Airways was from Beirut to Jeddah via Kuwait. The aircraft on both flights was the new Boeing 777-300ER, legroom is amazing, inflight entertainment and cabin crew were average and the aircraft was not clean. Services in Kuwait airport 0/10.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteBeirut to Jeddah via Kuwait
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"No service between meals"

Not Verified | New York JFK to Chennai via Kuwait and I opted for Kuwait Airways because of its low cost. The flight from JFK was delayed by 2 hours and the connecting flight from Kuwait was delayed for 2.5 hours more! There were not much information on the reasons for delay or ETA. I had AVML meal and quality of food was decent. There was no additional service trips by the cabin crew, even though we were waiting for 2+ hours on tarmac for take off. No service between meals.
RouteNew York to Chennai via Kuwait
Date FlownNovember 2017

"not try Kuwait Airways again"

(Sri Lanka)

Verified Review | Colombo to Dammam via Kuwait in business class. The seats were good, and the entertainment systems. The food served was terrible! Surprisingly, the flight attendants were unaware as to what is contained in the meals served (basic things like fish or chicken) – to have the response that these are authentic Sri Lankan food : I factor some rudeness and unfriendliness in to that. Had to specifically ask for a head-set as well, even after having booked in the business class. The worst was KWI-DMM flight. It was supposed to take off at 8.30 am. The gates were not open till 8.15. Having boarded finally in to the aircraft – the crew has found that there are more than one boarding passes issued on the same seat for 3 passengers. There were discussion between the ground staff and the airline crew. Luckily the flight was not full – else someone could have been off-loaded. It was visible from the flight itself, that they are unloading a baggage carrier next to the flight - to locate some specific passenger luggage. Loading and unloading took some good time. Probably some mis-checked in items, but it had to wait till 9.30 am to fix. The flight left 1 hr 30 minutes late. They claimed that it was due to security reasons at the airport and baggage loading issues; now that is why they open the counters 3 hours in advance leaving adequate time for all that. To add to that, all the points I have noted here contributed to the delay. My checked-in luggage was tagged Priority / Business. It was among the last to receive at the belt Thanks to the efficiency of Kuwait airways – I missed my connecting flight from DMM (even after leaving 2 hours for transfer). Will not try Kuwait Airways again.
AircraftA330-200
RouteColombo to Dammam via Kuwait

"a lot of leg room"

Verified Review | The fight from Dhaka to New York went okay. There is a lot of leg room especially for economy. The food selection was okay. No blankets were provided. I had a 17 hour layover once I reached Kuwait where the airport provided a room at a airport hotel. Wouldn't let me leave. The next day the plane I boarded flight attendants were very friendly. Food was good. Hot towels were provided as well as blankets. We stopped at Shannon, Ireland without notice for another layover. Which is what I didn't like. A lot of layovers. Very bad selection for entertainment
RouteDhaka to New York JFK via Kuwait