Kenya Airways

Kenya Airways customer review

LHR-NB0-HRE return - B777 and B737-800. The aircraft was modern but seemed a bit tired inside the cabin. Boarding was efficient from LHR but chaotic at NBO the IFE had very limited choices. The cabin crew were semi efficient but at times seemed rude however I found the meals to be good and their complimentary gifts for my kids made for a pleasant flights indeed. Seating and legroom is fair. Overall a decent airline I would use again.

Kenya Airways customer review

London to Nairobi the worst airline I have ever used. Departure delayed by more than 12 hours. Almost no staff to help us. Rude unsmiling and unhelpful when they did appear. Inflight entertainment didn't work on the way out or on the return flight a week later. Food awful. No legroom either.

Kenya Airways customer review

Amsterdam-Nairobi. Flight left and arrived on time food despite not looking appetising actually quite tasty. Staff relatively efficient. Seat back entertainment didn't work properly seemed to be hit and miss for most passengers. I'm 5ft 10 and I found seating on the 767 to be incredibly cramped much more so than the return flight on KLM. That and the position of the entertainment box under my B seat made it physically impossible to find a position in which to sleep.

Kenya Airways customer review

As per the previous review I was traveling on the cancelled 2345 flight from Nairobi to Heathrow as part of a round trip. The flights in both directions were reasonably good the entertainment systems were broken for most of the seats but staff were pleasant and helpful and food was good. Unfortunately the reaction to the cancelled flight was awful and the worst treatment I have ever received from an airline. As the previous reviewer says the staff were very slow extremely ill informed and seem to have lied on occasion. Almost no effort was made to inform passengers as to what they needed to do in terms of changing flights getting back through immigration control and sorting out a hotel. This resulted in a great deal of frustration and wasted time queuing in the wrong places. In particular the airline made very little effort to help passengers find hotel accommodation; only one member of staff was available to help and passengers including us were told that there was no hotel accommodation left available which was later proved to be untrue when a number of passengers complained and were miraculously found hotel rooms. I suspect the lack of hotel rooms may have related rather more to a lack of appetite to pay the room rates rather than any genuine shortage. Ultimately we along with perhaps a third of the passengers ended up sleeping on the floor of the transit lounge until we were told to get up and move at around 6am. The re-scheduled flight was then further delayed when the first officer did not turn up for work at this point refreshments were provided but not enough for all the passengers. All in all a consistent and depressing display of incompetence.

Kenya Airways customer review

Nairobi-LHR. I recently was unfortunate to have flown Kenya Airways. Flying Nairobi to Heathrow on the 23.45 flight we were told after we had all proceeded through the gate that it had been cancelled. This was at midnight. 2 staff were available to book over 200 people onto new flights. They were slow rude and lied about when they were able to do. They were very slow to provide any refreshments and were not able to accommodate everyone in hotels until the flights the following day - so we had to sleep on the floor. When I finally got a flight home the food was substandard the staff were rude and surly. Toilets were not cleaned or maintained. I will never be flying this airline again.

Kenya Airways customer review

LHR to Nairobi. Punctual departure and arrival. Clean spacious 777 good leg room. Inflight entertainment not working. Food: lamb stew with very overcooked veg -- second rate school dinners. Completely unsmiling cabin crew who knocked my arm (I was in an aisle seat) every time they passed. Loos not tidied or cleaned during flight (8.5 hours).

Kenya Airways customer review

Antananarivo to Nairobi flight. Arrived at Ivato airport to be told flight cancelled. Check in staff had no idea why or when they would be able to get me to Nairobi. "On the next flight" they said. "When will that be?" I asked. "I don't know. In the next few days" was the reply. I was sent to the Carlton Hotel to wait to be recalled. At hotel discovered that a room had been booked for me for four nights! However message received at hotel to be ready for transport to airport the next day at 8.00am. Arrived at Ivato 8.30am check-in didn't open till 10.15am. Once checked in to Nairobi I was casually told that my London connection was booked for two days later. After some minutes of discussion they transferred me to that evening's London connection (which involves nine hours in Nairobi airport!).

Kenya Airways customer review

I write this sitting in an airport lounge having just disembarked from the only trip that I have ever taken using Kenya Airways - it is awful! The outbound flight there was no individual entertainment system just a single main screen movie that was impossible to watch. The seats were uncomfortable. Food awful and not enough. The return flight used a newer aircraft but that only meant that the seats were even closer together making it a long and painful trip. Even though the newer aircraft had individual entertainment system it was lacking features and mine did not work. They could not even turn it off so that I could sleep so I had this white screen glaring at me all through the night. The crew are poor - 10 minutes before landing I asked what terminal we would arrive at and they did not know. If you have a choice to use another airline then please do.

Kenya Airways customer review

Good points are that we left on time and boarding was well organised. Service onboard was awful. On both flights the entertainment system was not working and despite asking over and over again no one had the courtesy to come back to me. On the outward flight the service was a disgrace - no drink for an hour then it came with the meal. I had asked twice for a drink and was told "2 minutes". The plane was tired - carpets rucked up and loose seats dirty and stained.

Kenya Airways customer review

Flights delayed. No customer service and poor communication. Sullen and unhelpful staff. Passengers were treated more like cattle and staff acted more like those of a budget airline.