Kenya Airways

"they have not issued my refund"

Not Verified | I had a canceled flight (from Kigali to Nairobi) and filed all proper procedures for refund since August 5, 2022. Since then, I’ve had several back and forth to their office and until today November 14, they have not issued my refund. Every time I talk to them, it’s the same false promises! This airline has no accountability, especially when dealing with foreigners. Once they have your money in their country, it’s gone! I’d not recommend anyone to trust these thieves.
RouteKigali to Nairobi
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I had a very bad experience"

Not Verified | I was connecting from Lusaka to New York from Kenya I got off the plane I checked the board it said gate 16 for JFK New York so I sat there waiting for the boarding call . The flight for New York was supposed to departure at 11:35 I sat there for almost an hour with no boarding call. I asked one of the employees there what time the flight for New York was leaving she gave a vague answer than around 11:40 or so they was a last boarding call. The Gate was charged to gate 19 I almost missed my flight and than I had to run to the Gate. I had a very bad experience and I don't think I will fly Kenya Airways again very disappointed.
RouteLusaka to New York via Nairobi
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"one of the best luggage allowance"

Trip Verified | The flight service started well with staff being warm and interactive. Aisha warmly smiled and engaged the people around me. She has great customer service and deserved a recognition. I was having red wine and when she did not have any when I asked for it once she found the wine she brought it for me and warmly said that "I found your preference" The food was not so great and the flight felt congested however the service compensated for some not so good things. Hopefully this message of appreciation will reach her (Aisha) and her colleague Dams. To be honest as well that Kenya Airways is probably the only airline that offers one of the best luggage allowance making it a top choice while travelling home.
RouteDubai to Nairobi

"The food was a joke"

Not Verified | We have just flown into Nairobi from Harare and going on to Amsterdam and Heathrow. Things started badly - the flight was delayed for an hour and a half, no explanation or apology offered. On board we then noticed there was no in flight entertainment on offer. Neither of us had flown long distance before on a plane without in flight entertainment. There were no blankets on offer either. It can get pretty cool on these flights. The food was a joke. Something like a mini pasty with quite a nasty taste and, possibly even worse, a savoury muffin! We're only half way through this flight (in Nairobi). We're now waiting for 8 hours overnight. The 'restaurant' we're in is quite possibly the saddest looking place I've ever drunk a coffee in. Unloved doesn't begin to describe it. Anyway we're wondering now, can this possibly get any worse. There are certain words which are applicable here but this will not be published if I include them but I'm sure you can guess what they are. What's really alarming is looking back at reviews from 11years ago making exactly the same criticisms.
RouteHarare to London via Nairobi / Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2022

"cabin crew were very rude"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | The cabin crew were very rude. Food was almost thrown at us. When I asked for beverage she said she didn't have and no alternative was offered until I peeped and saw what I asked. The crew was not courteous at all.
RouteJohannesburg to Jeddah via Nairobi
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"worst experience that I had"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Due to flight delay I have to stay airport long time. Firstly in Antananarivo to Nairobi there was 1h flight delay. Real time was 7pm and in Nairobi they said flight will fly at 8pm but again it delayed - it fly after 11pm. This is a worst experience that I had in my life. because of his I have to stay on bench 24h without food and sleep.
RouteAntananarivo to Mumbai via Nairobi
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"quality of the food is poor"

Not Verified | Paid a fortune to return to Kenya on short notice. I have used KQ many times and always flown business, not used them for a few years now due to covid and using other airlines. Check in at Heathrow and boarding the plane was a shambles. stood in a business class line, but no one checking in Business class passengers , despite being told by ground staff this was the correct lane. Eventually we were spotted and check became proactive after 20 minutes. similar issue trying to get on the planE. KQ is let down by the ground handling at Heathrow. Once on Board, the service is excellent with attentive staff and I like the Boeing 787. Quality of the Beverages is good and has clearly improved. The quality of the food is poor and not what would get on SWISS, etc. In contrast on the return journey at Nairobi, excellent and quick check in, security and lounge has improved form when used in the past Food on the return leg just as bad as on the way out. Once again the staff were excellent and attentive and very helpful. Entertainment, pretty poor and lacking in choice.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Nairobi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"a customer friendly choice"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | This was my first flight on Kenya Airways. I was impressed with the service, cleanliness and punctuality at the airport as well as on flight. I would highly recommend the airline as a customer friendly choice.
RouteNairobi to Johannesburg
Date FlownJuly 2022

"it's my worst experience"

Trip Verified | I recently had a trip to Dubai on the 10th of July 2022, it was a Linking flight from Cameroon passing through Bangui to Nairobi Kenya then to Dubai. Honestly speaking it's my worst experience so far, it's been almost two weeks since I arrived Dubai but am yet to receive my luggage. Before leaving the airport on arrival I placed a complain with Dnata baggage services regarding my baggage and I was assured that I would get my luggage in less than 48 hours which have turn into two weeks have finished every penny I had on me for mobile top up and when I even call no 1 picks no get back to me, have sent emails and gotten no reply. Maybe next time you inform customers in advance that their luggage aren't safe or secured so they would know what to do with their luggage. Would never recommend this airline to anyone unless they wish to have a similar experience. what a waste of my money.
RouteDouala to Dubai via Nairobi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Everything today was pathetic."

(Rwanda)

Trip Verified | KQ257 from Antananarivo getting late for more than an hour causing passengers missing connections at their own costs with bad customer care and in addition, poor bag management. Passengers losing bags with bad tagging. We had to spend more than 2 hours waiting for baggage tracking. Incompetent staff on duty with no respect towards passengers. Everything today was pathetic.
RouteAntananarivo to Nairobi